Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,268 members, 7,807,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1161871 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tvegas(m): 3:12pm On Jan 07, 2018
Detty16:
Hi Biodun,

I dont think you need to renew, I stand to be corrected please.
I had same experience in 2015, I was advised by someone on the platform (Tvegas, cant remember the name).
I traveled to have my baby in Sept. and visa was due to expire Nov..
I returned to the country Dec. 20 precisely and i renewed my visa in February 2016 via drop box. I was granted the visa without any interview.
I hope this helps your thought process.

Wish you the best of luck.

Yes she can travel with the Visa as it is. She can always renew it later. A US visa guarantees you entry even to the last day of the validity of that visa and the CBP can still stamp you in for 6 months. Kudos to everyone for keeping this thread running. We have to start visiting here again as Dear wife should be on another missionary journey in few months. Destination Baltimore or Dallas. Any information on affordable hospitals in maryland will be welcome.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by abanzi(m): 5:20pm On Jan 07, 2018
Hello Viola and House,

Safest Option - Fill another DS-160 and schedule another interview to declare your intention of child birth. This option gives you more confidence at POE and increases your visa renewal chances in the future.

Next Option - If possible, travel for a vacation with the visa before travelling for child birth. With this option, be prepared for possible drilling at POE for child birth trip. Also, chances of getting visa renewed subsequently is reduced as several people that have done this option have been denied recently after being called for interview following dropbox application.

Last Option - Travel for child birth with visa. But be prepared for possible drilling at POE which can be quite stressful. Chances for getting visa renewed subsequently is greatly reduced.

Generally, it appears the VOs have seen an increasing trend in people getting pregnant after getting VISAs and seem to be on the look out for such trends with high visa renewal denials following non-declaration of intent to use visa for medical purpose including childbirth. If there is any likelihood that you would use a visa for childbirth subsequently after a planned vacation, declare this intent even if you are not pregnant at the interview and ensure it is documented.

Viola2017:
Please i need help oooo, can someone with experience reply me oooo.

Hi everyone, i need your candid advise, i got my visa sept.05, took in towards 3rd week of Oct. Now i am 15wks gone. I and DH had wanted to spend xmass there but his brother made us cancel it when he informed us that he will be returning to Naija for xmass though he never returned afterwards.
Can i use the visa for child birthing as i wasn't pregnant when i went for interview and can prove it? 
If it is possible, what and what do i need to put on ground before embarking on

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Bcpump: 5:24pm On Jan 07, 2018
Tvegas:

Yes she can travel with the Visa as it is. She can always renew it later. A US visa guarantees you entry even to the last day of the validity of that visa and the CBP can still stamp you in for 6 months. Kudos to everyone for keeping this thread running. We have to start visiting here again as Dear wife should be on another missionary journey in few months. Destination Baltimore or Dallas. Any information on affordable hospitals in maryland will be welcome.

Run away from Mary land. I came in 4 weeks ago and I am even wondering if I should not run to another state. I had high bp and was monitored for a night. I did not want to stay in the hospital o, but the doctor did not allow me leave. in 10 days I received a bill of 2000$ For bp monitoring, out of which about 1400$ was for only room cost. This is not even part of the huge hospital fee I will pay during Labour.
If you must come to Maryland, plan for extra payment.
I have been asking them cost of epidural no one has given me. I called the anesthiologist and they asked me to ask the hospital for a code. Called hospital they said 'ask your doctor for a code'. Asked doctor, they gave me a code. Gave the code back to anesthologist they said 'wrong code'.
So I have made up my mind no epidural. Because if I take it without knowing the cost they might send me a bill of 4000$ for epidural alone. They don't joke here.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 5:40pm On Jan 07, 2018
[quote author=lastforever post=63969726][/quote]

Truely, the good Lord will see true.... However, renewal will finally tell the much sense in this your advice. This approach will only be adopted by someone whose mind is made up to do the worst today, without no consideration for tomorrow, invariably not even planning on coming back to Nigeria in fact! How on earth will it be easy to get back in the US if one picks this route? Nweeen!!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tvegas(m): 7:06pm On Jan 07, 2018
Bcpump:

Run away from Mary land. I came in 4 weeks ago and I am even wondering if I should not run to another state. I had high bp and was monitored for a night. I did not want to stay in the hospital o, but the doctor did not allow me leave. in 10 days I received a bill of 2000$ For bp monitoring, out of which about 1400$ was for only room cost.

Waooh sorry about this. Still on the search for the best option.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 07, 2018
[quote author=lastforever post=63969726][/quote]

Sister lastforever...seeing as you just renewed in October please share your interview transcript with us.

So that we can all learn and especially so that people like Viola2017 can make the best decision for themselves..... some transcripts we have seen recently have been denials even after people declared childbirth for their expiring visa and they clearly had evidence that they paid their bills....zero balance included!

I'm not sure it's ok to tell her not to ask questions; the answers to which may make her uncomfortable sad.....how will she get information otherwise? The laissez-faire approach you suggest MAY be attempted (though not advisable in my lowly opinion) for POEs like LAX and JFK. It would be interesting to hear from someone who has tried it at O'Hare ORD (Chicago).

Dear Viola2017....OnJosh1, abanzi and Dwebb55 have given you all the options. Please read through part 5 carefully as advised by Dwebb55 and be prepared for POE as well as subsequent visa renewal.

As OnJosh1 has said ..... better to be over-prepared than under-prepared.... Who enters an exam saying XYZ from the syllabus will not be covered...is it not better to read it and there are no questions on it than to skip it and be bitting one's pen on the D day undecided

My personal favourite will be option 1 suggested by abanzi...you're 15 weeks...you have time a-plenty to make a fresh application.

Proverbs 15:22 Plans go wrong for lack of advice; many advisers bring success.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Thridbaby: 8:34pm On Jan 07, 2018
hello house. DH filled his form today with my daughter & has already book appointment. but some things have been bothering me plz I need to know if we did the right thing.
* I told him to choose b1/b2 but he said his not going for business but to assist me & come back so he choose only b2. I believe I should be d one to fill b2 while he fills b1b2.
* he filled my doctor & hospital address as his contact person.
* my daughter of 3yrs photo refuse to upload so we continued without photo.
NOTE: My interview is in 3weeks, I don't have visa yet that is y am concerned about him using d doctor address. I filled my own form early Dec, he has to wait for his leave to be approved b4 filling his own that was d reason y we didn't fill together.
should he wait until my visa is approved (God's willing) b4 filling his own, that is if we should cancel d 1 he filled today or we should just make correction ? my EDD is 1st week in April.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 07, 2018
Thridbaby:
hello house. DH filled his form today
* I told him to choose b1/b2 but he said his not going for business but to assist me & come back so he choose only b2. I believe I should be d one to fill b2 while he fills b1b2.
should he wait until my visa is approved (God's willing) b4 filling his own, that is if we should cancel d 1 he filled today or we should just make correction ? my EDD is 1st week in April.

Hello Thridbaby

1) I think B2 is ok for DH.
2) DH should use your proposed accommodation as contact person (AirBnB, friend, family or other long stay apartment)....not the hospital...since he is not the one birthing cheesy
3) your daughter's photo needs to be uploaded on the DS160. I think this is now compulsory. Please do this or she may be turned back at interview.

You can all go together or he and your daughter can go after you have received your visa.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OnJosh1: 8:47pm On Jan 07, 2018
abanzi:
Hello Viola and House,

Safest Option - Fill another DS-160 and schedule another interview to declare your intention of child birth. This option gives you more confidence at POE and increases your visa renewal chances in the future.

Next Option - If possible, travel for a vacation with the visa before travelling for child birth. With this option, be prepared for possible drilling at POE for child birth trip. Also, chances of getting visa renewed subsequently is reduced as several people that have done this option have been denied recently after being called for interview following dropbox application.

Last Option - Travel for child birth with visa. But be prepared for possible drilling at POE which can be quite stressful. Chances for getting visa renewed subsequently is greatly reduced.

Generally, it appears the VOs have seen an increasing trend in people getting pregnant after getting VISAs and seem to be on the look out for such trends with high visa renewal denials following non-declaration of intent to use visa for medical purpose including childbirth. If there is any likelihood that you would use a visa for childbirth subsequently after a planned vacation, declare this intent even if you are not pregnant at the interview and ensure it is documented.

Dear Viola , Option one is really really cool. Least stressful, safest and cheapest. I strongly believe the VO will be so impressed by your honesty and give you the Visa again without issues... I just remember now someone who went this route recently... don't recall her moniker but she shared it in part 5. VO appreciated her honesty.

GOD'S Favour, wisdom and All the best as you decide IN JESUS NAME; AMEN.

Nice one Abanzi.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OnJosh1: 9:02pm On Jan 07, 2018
Thridbaby:
hello house. DH filled his form today with my daughter & has already book appointment. but some things have been bothering me plz I need to know if we did the right thing.
NOTE: My interview is in 3weeks, I don't have visa yet that is y am concerned about him using d doctor address. I filled my own form early Dec, he has to wait for his leave to be approved b4 filling his own that was d reason y we didn't fill together.

My experience:

DH and I filled B2 cus our primary purpose for travelling is Child birth.

DH and I applied same time and were to be interviewed same time although I had to reschedule because my passport photo didn't upload and I was turned back.

DH was given his Visa before me.

DH used his distant uncle in another State as contact person and contact address NOT the hospital cus he's not the one birthing.

Some people here have applied together and gotten their visas, some didn't get.

Remember the most important things are:

1. You can show strong ties in Nigeria to prove that you will come back especially when applying and travelling together as a family.

2. You can show that you can afford to pay all your planned and unplanned (GOD forbid) bills and not touch their Medicaid.

Please ensure your daughter's photo is uploaded on her Form. You might need to start another application to do this if you have already submitted the one without the picture, then have the New Form linked to her interview date on your profile. This must be done at MOST three days before her interview. (Check my posts in part 5 to see how I did mine)

All the best.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lastforever: 9:16pm On Jan 07, 2018
[quote author=mamaron post=63984546]

We all have our advice and opinion to give and move forward.

I stand by what I say and that’s it. We are all adults to to make whatever decision we want.
A colleague applied for medical visa to give birth paid all bills before interview and was granted visa.
She Went for vacation with hubby with same visa came back and when it was time to deliver she went through Dallas POE and was refused entry that she is coming late at 7months and 3weeks close to 8months, she explained to them she was given medical visa,her Doctor scheduled appointment,showed full payment and all that they still refused to listen, she was sent back to Nigeria with canceled visa 3weeks Ago. That is my reason for saying POE is not by going in and going out, even the so called medical visa can be revoked. It’s God’s grace.
When I went to give birth to my son I wrote to the embassy and got the generic reply. I printed it and that was what they asked me at Houston if I informed the embassy I said Yes, he asked for it and also asked for the embassy reply.

Generally POE in America are not smiling, some depends on the side of bed they wake up from to send people back.
My bad for laughing, sorry everyone if it hurts .

We are all free to use whatever option and move on with advice and opinion given.
Thank You.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 10:19pm On Jan 07, 2018
[quote author=lastforever post=63986309][/quote]

A colleague applied for medical visa to give birth paid all bills before interview and was granted visa.
She Went for vacation with hubby with same visa came back and when it was time to deliver she went through Dallas POE and was refused entry that she is coming late at 7months and 3weeks close to 8months, she explained to them she was given medical visa,her Doctor scheduled appointment,showed full payment and all that they still refused to listen, she was sent back to Nigeria with canceled visa 3weeks Ago

At the above bolded will hardly be the exact occurrence. Hardly abeg! Dallas POE, medical visa, all payments made, even went on vacation first, turned back because she came late. We hear oh.... Abegi!!!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lastforever: 10:47pm On Jan 07, 2018
[quote author=OmoBendel24 post=63987976]

Woh Omobendel I don’t have strength for forth and back. That is exactly what happened if you like believe. she was shocked and cried back to Naija . Never underestimate the power and flimsy decision of POE Officer.
So many silly excuse these days. My organization is big people apply and they reject them over flimsy reason now even official assignment they deny them visa. A colleague has been traveling to USA and did drop box for an official course in America, he was called for follow up interview,we told him it’s because the wife delivered in America he should go with all the receipts. He did and the VO said the wife stayed too long during her stay(5months)and was denied visa. He applied again denied . What do you have to say to that? Abegi.

Good night.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chinemeze17: 12:25am On Jan 08, 2018
I just got a mail from the US passport office too now...Same notarization problem...My hubby is in Ph and im scheduled to leave US next week Thursday...
How do i fix this quickly? Have you done anything bout urs? U guys shud help me o[/quote]

Please which state are you in? Texas?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Thridbaby: 1:01am On Jan 08, 2018
mamaron:

Hello Thridbaby

1) I think B2 is ok for DH.
2) DH should use your proposed accommodation as contact person (AirBnB, friend, family or other long stay apartment)....not the hospital...since he is not the one birthing cheesy
3) your daughter's photo needs to be uploaded on the DS160. I think this is now compulsory. Please do this or she may be turned back at interview.

You can all go together or he and your daughter can go after you have received your visa.

All the best.
OK. thanks for the response
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Thridbaby: 1:08am On Jan 08, 2018
OnJosh1:

My experience:

DH and I filled B2 cus our primary purpose for travelling is Child birth.

DH and I applied same time and were to be interviewed same time although I had to reschedule because my passport photo didn't upload and I was turned back.

DH was given his Visa before me.

DH used his distant uncle in another State as contact person and contact address NOT the hospital cus he's not the one birthing.

Some people here have applied together and gotten their visas, some didn't get.

Remember the most important things are:

1. You can show strong ties in Nigeria to prove that you will come back especially when applying and travelling together as a family.

2. You can show that you can afford to pay all your planned and unplanned (GOD forbid) bills and not touch their Medicaid.

Please ensure your daughter's photo is uploaded on her Form. You might need to start another application to do this if you have already submitted the one without the picture, then have the New Form linked to her interview date on your profile. This must be done at MOST three days before her interview. (Check my posts in part 5 to see how I did mine)

All the best.
Thanks for the response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Travelpes: 1:10am On Jan 08, 2018
Advice is an opinion.The sincere advices from this thread is one of the best thing that makes this trip successful.Let us all try to advice people appropraitely.Alot of our good people are in deep mess because of advices,sweet mouth,lies,agent trap,i want to type too spirit and nairawood movies script,that are not even personal or other people's experiences.
[quote author=lastforever post=63986309][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Travelpes: 1:10am On Jan 08, 2018
OmoBendel24:

She Went for vacation with hubby with same visa came back and when it was time to deliver she went through Dallas POE and was refused entry that she is coming late at 7months and 3weeks close to 8months, she explained to them she was given medical visa,her Doctor scheduled appointment,showed full payment and all that they still refused to listen, she was sent back to Nigeria with canceled visa 3weeks Ago

At the above bolded will hardly be the exact occurrence. Hardly abeg! Dallas POE, medical visa, all payments made, even went on vacation first, turned back because she came late. We hear oh.... Abegi!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jenyjay: 7:25am On Jan 08, 2018
Chinemeze17:

I just got a mail from the US passport office too now...Same notarization problem...My hubby is in Ph and im scheduled to leave US next week Thursday...
How do i fix this quickly? Have you done anything bout urs? U guys shud help me o

Hello Chinemeze,
Was the Notorization done at the embassy by hubby? I hear this is the new law. I might be wrong though.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chikos: 8:11am On Jan 08, 2018
ozymes:
Were you able to get the Birth Certificate, Blue passport and the SSN within before you travelled back to Nigeria?

Sorry am just responding. Not so much online. Yes I got all my baby' s documents, u can't leave with your baby without the documents . But it's not easy so I advise u give more time for the paperwork

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Omodadi2: 9:16am On Jan 08, 2018
Good morning house, please a quick question.
Can one mention organizations insurance if one has one that covers childbirth expenses in addition to bank statements? Just curious.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dserious: 9:37am On Jan 08, 2018
[quote author=DonDraper post=63622685]

You asked for it so here it is. I hope after eating all that rice and chicken you still have energy to read my long post. grin On a lighter note, it may help speed up your digestion wink

Greetings everyone,

PRE-TRIP
Online reviews proved useful in choosing a hospital and an associated OB-GYN among the usual suspects around Houston: WHMC, Oakbend, HNWMC, Methodist Sugarland, Memorial, and Doctores Para Ti etc. Moreover, the right decisions are made when you invest time in reviewing pros and cons of options available to you. I highly recommend this habit. So, look out for my review on the hospital and OB-GYN in subsequent posts.

Hello Madam, hope you are settled in well and LO is doing great.....ejor, I have been waiting for the follow up of your post especially the hosp/Obgyn review.... im strongly considering WHMC.....please would really appreciate if you can share this? Ive done a bit of research....would really appreciate if I can call to seek some clarifications from you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dserious: 9:47am On Jan 08, 2018
Good Morning Everyone,

Hope we had a good weekend......

Please I need urgent help about hospitals in Houston Texas. I had planned to give birth in Maryland area but had a last minute decision to change to Texas area cos of cost. I have been trying to gather info on Texas hospitals but its difficult getting it all together because of my short timing. Im travelling last week in January and have to book a flight latest tomorrow.

Please and please anyone with summary info about hospitals in Texas should kindly post here....so far I have little information about West Houston Medical, Oakbend, Methodist Sugarland etc. My major driver is cost....i plan to do a VBAC or CS (fine with either), i plan tostay in a hotel/rented apartment

I know this is asking for too much...but please i would really appreciate the help

Thanks..

Thanks in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Senatornuella: 11:52am On Jan 08, 2018
For VOA do i need passport photographs for my LO and return ticket?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ogekad: 12:28pm On Jan 08, 2018
OmoBendel24:

This is strange, I came in through Dallas POE at about 7 months plus and I didn't even spend up to 5 mins with the CBP before I got stamped with 6 months. Dallas POE is almost the easiest in this country. very sad for her o.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ogekad: 12:32pm On Jan 08, 2018
Chinemeze17:

How do i fix this quickly? Have you done anything bout urs? U guys shud help me o

Hello,

I have same issue, I'm in Dallas and my hubby left PH to Abuja to get the notary at the embassy. He has to book appointment and go to the embassy in Lagos or Abuja immediately but in the mean time, change your return date.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by tootush: 12:51pm On Jan 08, 2018
debby516:
Send me a pm.

Hello ma'am, have tried 2 send u messages but the onl option have seen is send an email not sure iknow how 2 do d pm. but pls if u can send
me a message so i can follow the path to message you back. Thank you;God bless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by debby516(f): 2:45pm On Jan 08, 2018
I ve replied you. Reply the message u got from nairaland. [quwote author=tootush post=64003146]

Hello ma'am, have tried 2 send u messages but the onl option have seen is send an email not sure iknow how 2 do d pm. but pls if u can send
me a message so i can follow the path to message you back. Thank you;God bless.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dserious: 3:05pm On Jan 08, 2018
jenny3:
Hello all,

Been a while, congratulations to all the new moms. I'm preparing for no. 2 and its going to be Texas this time.
Please has anyone used Hendrick Medical Center Abilene Texas, the price quotes sent are very reasonable,

Just need some 1st hand information, Thanks

AMOUNT DUE PRIOR TO DELIVERY

Vaginal Delivery Vaginal Delivery C-Section
1 & 2 Night Stay 3 Night Stay up to 3 Night Stay
$1,900 $2,400 $3,200

TUBAL LIGATION with VAGINAL DELIVERY or C-SECTION

Price for Tubal Ligation with Delivery: $350
Circumcision: $350
Epidural: $350 (Medication Only)

Hello Jenny, please any update on this? Do you have more info that you can share please....

House please, anyone that can help please??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Adebuble(f): 3:23pm On Jan 08, 2018
Missed this trend, just checking up on everyone...

I just logging in since over 1+years and am glad n happy the trend is still alive, in case people still need some information from me am available to serve although me don hang Boot...

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.