Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1161890 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Somie4: 1:55am On May 06, 2018
cindermum:

The thing is she might have issues at the port of entry when she eventually shows up for childbirth as opposed to holiday. If she scales through now, not sure she will scale through for renewal cos there's nothing she would say to convince the vo that childbirth wasn't her primary motive. I would ve said she should first use the visa for the purpose it was obtained but there's no money to throw around. So she either risks it by sending change of intent (this won't be in your file) or reapply to declare her intentions . Search for Viola2017's transcript, she did the same. She forfeited her previous visa for a medical visa. Then again what worked for her might not work for you. At the end of the day the decision is hers to make.
I honestly don’t know why a lot of People here think they can’t give birth in the USA with a visiting visa. It is very legal and ok to give birth in the USA with a visiting visa without even sending any change of intent or applying for medical visa or whatever. Most Nigerians are usually given a b1/b2 visa combined . B1 visa is for business while b2 is for tourism I.e vacation . What we don’t know is that medical treatment such as child birth etc is also allowed under the b2 visiting visa. I got tired of reading about people stressing to write change of intent letter, being adviced to go for vacation first with the visa before using it for child birth for fear of future refusal when they want to renew. Nobody will deny renewing your visa if you give birth in the USA with a visiting visa. My sister gave birth with her visiting visa, paid all her bills in full, didn’t send any change of intent whatever and mind you, at the time she did the interview she wasn’t pregnant and said it was for vacation. She got pregnant, traveled n had her baby and applied for a renewal and her visa was renewed. She has been doing drop box since then . She just got her visa renewed again this April and would be traveling to us to have her baby in October. Google it or go on the USA consular page and you would see that our visiting visa or tourist visa as some people will call it permits us to have medical treatment in the USA without applying for medical visa or change of intent . Infact medical visa which some people say they got is also under a b2 visa and also includes tourism as well. Pls kindly find attachment . I hope this helps people who are terribly confused about traveling with their visiting visa’s to give birth in the USA. Btw the only time I feel one might have issues is if you lied at your interview that you aren’t pregnant, it could catch up with you during renewal. Honesty pays .

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by DebsMed: 7:14am On May 06, 2018
Somie4:
I honestly don’t know why a lot of People here think they can’t give birth in the USA with a visiting visa. It is very legal and ok to give birth in the USA with a visiting visa without even sending any change of intent or applying for medical visa or whatever. Most Nigerians are usually given a b1/b2 visa combined . B1 visa is for business while b2 is for tourism I.e vacation . What we don’t know is that medical treatment such as child birth etc is also allowed under the b2 visiting visa. I got tired of reading about people stressing to write change of intent letter, being adviced to go for vacation first with the visa before using it for child birth for fear of future refusal when they want to renew. Nobody will deny renewing your visa if you give birth in the USA with a visiting visa. My sister gave birth with her visiting visa, paid all her bills in full, didn’t send any change of intent whatever and mind you, at the time she did the interview she wasn’t pregnant and said it was for vacation. She got pregnant, traveled n had her baby and applied for a renewal and her visa was renewed. She has been doing drop box since then . She just got her visa renewed again this April and would be traveling to us to have her baby in October. Google it or go on the USA consular page and you would see that our visiting visa or tourist visa as some people will call it permits us to have medical treatment in the USA without applying for medical visa or change of intent . Infact medical visa which some people say they got is also under a b2 visa and also includes tourism as well. Pls kindly find attachment . I hope this helps people who are terribly confused about traveling with their visiting visa’s to give birth in the USA. Btw the only time I feel one might have issues is if you lied at your interview that you aren’t pregnant, it could catch up with you during renewal. Honesty pays .
The only thing I will say in response to this is that indeed theoretical knowledge is far from practical knowledge, and that learning is continuous too, you need to learn and know some more. You haven't passed anything new as knowledge on this topic area. Most mamas here already know what you are saying, but you seem not to have an inkling of what they know extra by experience and practice. Times have changed seriously please, kindly try and upgrade your knowledge on this matter before you use your write-up to set people on the path of doom by them applying that which you have taught here.

Just not to sound insultive, I would have made a better use of TERRIBLY CONFUSED as written above by you and bolded by me. Just know some more please! My assumption however will be that you are very likely new to the topic area and thread.

17 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by superdoll: 8:23am On May 06, 2018
Hello people, nobody talks about el paso anymore like 2 to 3 ago when i used advices from this thread to plan my USA childbirth waka. Am considering el paso for this present missionary journey. Any advice please. I need to know why people aren't going there again like before
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lipsyred: 8:27am On May 06, 2018
To add my own opinion,it is true we have b1/b2 combined but it is not enuf to go give birth without informing the vo of likely using the vacation visa for childbirth.I am having same issue now dear,I wasn't asked and I didn't disclose it off course I went for vacation and birthing successful but on renewal was asked why I never said vacation and childbirth too,that is being dishonest and have been denied renewal twice.If I have known this thread before then would have come out clean.So the info you have given we are aware but practically it is not allowed and can give one alot of difficulty with renewal.your sis is just lucky,one among millions.It is better to get it right from onset my take.

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ANIT1: 9:03am On May 06, 2018
I’m not quoting anyone or making reference to what anyone has said on this thread. I for one I’m very grateful to the people on this thread to the past and present for the time they devote in bringing their experiences here for people like me to learn from. I had no clue on how to go when I wanted to go on this journey but thank God I stumbled on this thread from google search on how to give birth in USA so back to the issue of if it’s necessary for people to send change of intent?Yes why not if you are aware of it as well as taking supporting documents along because it would be foolish if at the end you are sent back at POE because of that. A friend of my sisters was sent back from LAX in 2017 because she didn’t disclose at the interview and on getting to POE was asked to do a pregnancy test and that was it. I’m sure we all know this might as well work for Someone else and the person may end up scaling through. Cirrently my sis inlaw is battling getting her visa renewed after being denied because she used her b1b2 In 2016 for birthing and didn’t disclose at the embassy. Yes I know most people if not 1% of mamas both on this thread and outside this thread have scaled through without being denied visa after not disclosing childbirth during interviews. As at 2years back getting a B2 visa was assurance that you where safe and could renew without hassles but what’s happening these days. Why I’m I saying all this I believe this visa thing is a very dicey Something once one knows the right part it’s best you follow it because there wouldn’t be an excuse of ignorance even deep done your heart if something goes wrong on your pursuit for a better future for your LO. Secondly it’s not by force,no one on this thread would force you to do what you don’t want. so everyone is free to do as they please moreover we signed up here because we knew we didn’t know it all. I wish everyone success in their various pursuit.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cindermum: 10:02am On May 06, 2018
Somie4:

Ok thanks for the info which isn't new to us but
how is Ur sister's case same with this person in question? Your sister wasn't even preggy but in her case shes even in her second trimester and she applied for visiting as opposed to childbirth. No one is saying you can't birth with a visiting visa it's just that some ppl have issues with renewal. It's on their website doesn't mean you should not go there with your true intentions. I'm not saying that was her primary motive cos things change overnight but do you think the vo will see it that way? Your sister is one of the lucky few and it's this same nairaland we saw that nemesis caught up with someone after eight yrs for lying to them. She must ve visited many times but it caught up with her. Meanwhile if you have been reading ppl's port of entry transcripts, you would have noticed the trend of CBP asking if they informed the embassy. So please if they now ask her that question what should her response b since you know better?

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vlesparza: 1:53pm On May 06, 2018
superdoll:
Hello people, nobody talks about el paso anymore like 2 to 3 ago when i used advices from this thread to plan my USA childbirth waka. Am considering el paso for this present missionary journey. Any advice please. I need to know why people aren't going there again like before

El Paso is alive and well. Its not mentioned much since the package includes everything and there are no questions about the services. People come here to ask questions here so El Paso is not mentioned much since everything is straightforward.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Reine22: 2:13pm On May 06, 2018
Somie4:

You clearly haven’t been reading the thread(s). If you did you would see that people who renewed successfully once have been called in for interview and in some cases, denied. That your sister renewed doesn’t mean everybody else will. The point is to cover all bases and not to assume.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lionhead6969: 4:24pm On May 06, 2018
Good day All, I will be flying with my 36weeks pregnant wife to Houston in a week time. Am still thinking which airline to use. I read Air France has neither restriction nor doctors fit to fly letter. Delta airline has no restriction but what do they mean by ticket change fees and penalty are not waived for pregnancy? Which is best to fly at 37weeks?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lionhead6969: 4:56pm On May 06, 2018
I have learnt a lot from this group and I really appreciate. I had my interview on the 30th of April 8:30am with my wife and infant son
VO : goodmorning
Me : goodmorning
VO : passport please.
Me: I gave all three passports
VO : Where and why are u guys going to the US
Me: Houston and we going for childbirth
VO : started flipping through the pages of our passport and was typin. I was quiet for like 30secs and a thought came dat I should keeping talking
VO : where do u work
Me: I work at bleep
VO: what's your job description
Me : I started explaining what I do at work
VO : he started asking me questions based on the work terminologies I was using and I answered all. He even asked me a question that is out of my job description which I also answered.
VO: he turned to my wife and ask madam what do u do?
Wife : Am a 400level nursing student of bleep university
VO : is the infant u carrying ur first baby
Wife : hes my first and expecting the second
VO : He turned to me again requesting for my email correspondence and statement of account and appointment letter from the hospital which I gave him all. His focus was on the account statement. He asked questions on some bulk transactions. I also presented a US dollar account of 18k to him which he took his time to look and ask several questions and I answered all. His main focus was to know if I truly work where I claimed I am working
VO later added our 3 passport to the 3 he was having and told us congratulations and we can pick up our visa in 3 workings days.
Me and I : thank you sir

For me, their major focus is on statement of account, prove to them u really work where u are working though I, my wife and baby has been to France last year November and we came back from South Africa 2 weeks to our interview date which d VO saw on our passport though he went ahead to ask us where we have been to which we told him.

I wish you all the best.

Can I also change my hospital to newyork since I stated in my application am going to Houston for childbirth. Won't there be plenty questions and issues that may lead to deportation at Newyork POE? I really love New York cos that's where plenty of my guys are

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Aibisoye0: 5:19pm On May 06, 2018
Hello house,
Please who has paid for visa on arrival with Naira master card before? Can I also pay online with a Naira master card?

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ptefemmeforte: 5:34pm On May 06, 2018
Mamaiyanu:
My dear nairalanders,
I applied for my first us visa in 2014 to have my first child. Denied.
Applied to have my second child this year in March (posted the transcript earlier). Denied again

So I decided to apply again for the visa. I took time to fill my ds-160. In the space where they asked have you been denied a us visa before. I said Yes, and explained several reasons to contradict why I thought I was denied. In the space for employment, I also described what I do in my company with plenty story .

Lagos dates were not looking favourable so I decided to pick Abuja.

On top visa only God knows how much I have spent. Visa fee twice, flight ticket to Abuja, hotel in Abuja, taxi to move around. It is well.

My interview was scheduled for 7:30 am this morning. I'm sure my burden of proof was more than Phemas own sef.

There were 3 ladies and a guy doing interviews. The three ladies were more thorough, asking plenty questions and requesting for documents. The guy on the other hand was sharp sharp. Denying people like water in less than a minute. I was just praying to God that I should not go to the guy. Alas it was my turn and I was asked to go to him. I just braced myself and said babe let's do this.

Vo: pass me your passport please
Me: hands it over

Vo: How are you doing today?
Me: Very well thank you

Also take charge of the interview. If he asks a question, give him more details than what was asked. Don't just stand there giving one liners and waiting for the questions to be asked. Their default predisposition is to reject you, so you need to give them a reason to give you the visa by showing you know what you are saying.

All the best to future applicants!
Congratulations!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Christine77: 6:29pm On May 06, 2018
Congrats. Yes you can change states. Just have supporting documents ie doc n hospital

lionhead6969:
I have learnt a lot from this group and I really appreciate. I had my interview on the 30th of April 8:30am with my wife and infant son
VO : started flipping through the pages of our passport and was typin. I was quiet for like 30secs and a thought came dat I should keeping talking
VO : he started asking me questions based on the work terminologies I was using and I answered all. He even asked me a question that is out of my job description which I also answered.
VO : He turned to me again requesting for my email correspondence and statement of account and appointment letter from the hospital which I gave him all. His focus was on the account statement. He asked questions on some bulk transactions. I also presented a US dollar account of 18k to him which he took his time to look and ask several questions and I answered all. His main focus was to know if I truly work where I claimed I am working
VO later added our 3 passport to the 3 he was having and told us congratulations and we can pick up our visa in 3 workings days.

For me, their major focus is on statement of account, prove to them u really work where u are working though I, my wife and baby has been to France last year November and we came back from South Africa 2 weeks to our interview date which d VO saw on our passport though he went ahead to ask us where we have been to which we told him.

I wish you all the best.

Can I also change my hospital to newyork since I stated in my application am going to Houston for childbirth. Won't there be plenty questions and issues that may lead to deportation at Newyork POE? I really love New York cos that's where plenty of my guys are

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 6:42pm On May 06, 2018
Congratulations
lionhead6969:

I wish you all the best.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 6:51pm On May 06, 2018
Thanks ma'am. Your own transcript gave me confidence that pregnant women were still getting visas.

ptefemmeforte:
Congratulations!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Aibisoye0: 7:11pm On May 06, 2018
Please house help me answer.

Aibisoye0:
Hello house,
Please who has paid for visa on arrival with Naira master card before? Can I also pay online with a Naira master card?

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tripletmom: 8:33pm On May 06, 2018
domrita:
Hi @ mamaron and BCpump. N other experienced mamas and papas I need your help sort out the Nigerian passports for LO ....biko your help is needed urgently.. Thanks for your explanation... I just want to ask some questions that is confusing me with the money order for Nig passport application...
1) it's the applicant's name(baby) that will b on the money order that I buy not the mothers name baa?
2) pls do u remember how u got the trackn number they want us to put on the money order? ... Is it the one they ll give in the USPS?
3) it's after you got the money order and sent to innovate 1services that u go back n complete the application
4) the 30usd money order they talked abt in the NIS site is it for real... Lost pple here say they weren't asked for any other monies alert frm the 77usd?
Thanks in anticipation... It was difficult to pm you

Pls house i also need dis information for my LO’s Nigeria passport.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tsrlee11: 9:14pm On May 06, 2018
lionhead6969:
Good day All, I will be flying with my 36weeks pregnant wife to Houston in a week time. Am still thinking which airline to use. I read Air France has neither restriction nor doctors fit to fly letter. Delta airline has no restriction but what do they mean by ticket change fees and penalty are not waived for pregnancy? Which is best to fly at 37weeks?

Please wat hospital do u plan to use?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tsrlee11: 9:20pm On May 06, 2018
Leomichael:
please help. Any idea on how I can get good flight deals PHC - Houston?

Pls any mama coming to Houston and wouldn’t mind sharing accommodation with me? Hola
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Somie4: 9:51pm On May 06, 2018
DebsMed:

The only thing I will say in response to this is that indeed theoretical knowledge is far from practical knowledge, and that learning is continuous too, you need to learn and know some more. You haven't passed anything new as knowledge on this topic area. Most mamas here already know what you are saying, but you seem not to have an inkling of what they know extra by experience and practice. Times have changed seriously please, kindly try and upgrade your knowledge on this matter before you use your write-up to set people on the path of doom by them applying that which you have taught here.

Just not to sound insultive, I would have made a better use of TERRIBLY CONFUSED as written above by you and bolded by me. Just know some more please! My assumption however will be that you are very likely new to the topic area and thread.
lmaoooooo!!!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Somie4: 9:54pm On May 06, 2018
Reine22:

You clearly haven’t been reading the thread(s). If you did you would see that people who renewed successfully once have been called in for interview and in some cases, denied. That your sister renewed doesn’t mean everybody else will. The point is to cover all bases and not to assume.
ok dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 06, 2018
domrita:
Hi @ mamaron and BCpump. N other experienced mamas and papas I need your help sort out the Nigerian passports for LO ....biko your help is needed urgently.. Thanks for your explanation... I just want to ask some questions that is confusing me with the money order for Nig passport application...
1) it's the applicant's name(baby) that will b on the money order that I buy not the mothers name baa?
2) pls do u remember how u got the tracking number they want us to put on the money order? ... Is it the one they ll give in the USPS?
3) it's after you got the money order and sent to innovate 1services that u go back n complete the application
4) the 30usd money order they talked abt in the NIS site is it for real... Lost pple here say they weren't asked for any other monies alert frm the 77usd?
Thanks in anticipation... It was difficult to pm you

..i would advise you check the website...for example they may say DC is currently only issuing 32 page passports not 64 or Atlanta is currently not issuing so check and be sure. Next is sign in using gmail or yahoo as per instructions on the website. Once you complete the first step you'll get an application number as well as a reference number. This will be emailed to you and you can also write it down.

Next.....go to the post office & buy the 77dollar money order....fill it in with BABY's name (1). You need to go back to the website to complete the application after you have purchased the money order (3). The website is very explanatory...there is even an sample money order picture there in the name of John Smith with clear instructions on next steps (e.g. what name to write in the "pay to" field...innovate1 services/FGN etc). The tracking number is from Innovate NOT UPS or the courier. You'll need to update a number from the money order and then you'll get a tracking number generated by Innovate.....starting with T followed by several numbers (2).

(4) Like BCpump said...i only paid 77dollars no 30dollars extra.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Petdaughter: 11:42pm On May 06, 2018
lionhead6969:

Why so late? Pls don't let your wife deliver on the plane. It’s not just about the airline but also her wellbeing! Anyway, Delta and KLM does not ask for fit to fly. For the bolded, I believe it means that they won’t change the ticket for free or waive any penalties just because pregnancy is involved. So any modification to your ticket would come at a cost regardless of your pregnancy.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jumi07601: 2:50am On May 07, 2018
jumi07601:
Does anyone have information for a reasonably priced hospital in NJ for self pay maternity package? Thanks.
??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by hiiphy: 9:56am On May 07, 2018
Good morning,

I was denied visa below is the transcript, kindly urgently advise as i want to try eexpediated option
Good morning
Vo: Good morning
VO: your passport please
me: handed over
Vo: why are you going to the USA
me: for vacation and to have our baby
vo;which state are you going
me:texas
vo: can i have your statement and hospital correspondence?
me: my husband will be sponsporing and i have both our statement here, handed them over with the hospital correspondence
vo: where do you work
me: i work with Bleep and i handle xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vo: am sorry and he handled me the blue paper
please what could i have done better, what to reapply urgently as i only have may, what will my Nigerian doctor write in his letter ,i already have appointment letter from my US doctor. please gurus urgently advise me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by vitrendy4eva: 10:04am On May 07, 2018
If you're pregnant, all the doctor needs to do is to state your EDD. And you can explain further about not being able to fly after a certain number of weeks due to airline regulations in the body of the application. I wouldn't know for any other scenario.
hiiphy:
pls can someone help with Nigerian doctor content letter for expediate visa application? must the Dr indicate mother or child has an illness to be resolved abroad/ this is urgent please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Pinkstrawberry: 10:35am On May 07, 2018
Tsrlee11:

Pls any mama coming to Houston and wouldn’t mind sharing accommodation with me? Hola

i wouldn't mind i'm already in NYC haven't come to Houston yet 'cuz of this accommodation issue. send me a pm lets talk may be we can share a 2 bed or sth. How long are you in Houston till?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tripletmom: 6:31pm On May 07, 2018
Mum that flew Turkish airline,pls how did u add ur baby’s ticket?
I called d airline n was told i can’t b given any information about it dat i should go to dere office at DC or wait til the day of departure but Wil b more expensive.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ptefemmeforte: 6:41pm On May 07, 2018
Tsrlee11:

What hospital are you using? Will send you a pm

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by sayoberry(f): 7:05pm On May 07, 2018
Hello everyone. Pls does anyone know any doctor and hospital in Boston?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by covbrand(f): 7:30pm On May 07, 2018
please any mama for Chicago from July to September please let me know. I have an apartment to share, very lovely with all the utilities in place. and you will have enough space.
VERY URGENT!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by semilore12: 7:40pm On May 07, 2018
Tripletmom:
Mum that flew Turkish airline,pls how did u add ur baby’s ticket?
I called d airline n was told i can’t b given any information about it dat i should go to dere office at DC or wait til the day of departure but Wil b more expensive.
I used turkish last year. Adding baby ticket was very easy. Hubby went to the airport in Nigeria and made payment. Ticket was forwarded to me and that was all. I can't remember the exact amount but was very cheap and sure less than 50k. Hope this helps

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.