Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,653 members, 7,801,903 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1159788 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Momo13: 5:54am On Aug 16, 2018
Fyorgyn:

Hi dear

Have you ceacwebsite?

Sometimes it does take some time.

I have checked CEAC website ( last checked on Monday tho). I just tire. It's kinda my fault cos I should have done this earlier. Thank you. I hope for the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Biskolo(f): 9:51am On Aug 16, 2018
Eclectica:

Same Same.

Healthy baby package is for the pedeatrix while miracle moment package is a self pay package at HNWMC

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Simplicity01: 11:07am On Aug 16, 2018
CyZubby:
Check your email, I just sent one.

Please kindly send me a copy of the spreadsheet @genirl@yahoo.com. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by baeboss: 3:31pm On Aug 16, 2018
Those asking for budgetsheet can use the search button. Just type "budget sheet and the page where it was posted will come up. Sometime ago, someone posted it. i know thats how i got mine. Instead of waiting for someone to send it to you. Most times you just have to read backwards what others have written and you will get all the answers you want

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kennyayan: 6:51pm On Aug 16, 2018
Hello mamas and papas, does anyone know of any accommodation in Houston texas..am using Northwest Houston hospital. I need apartment with separate kitchen and restroom ..i will be glad if I can get a bedroom flat because am going with mum and kids
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 16, 2018
najalady86:
Hello everyone, does anyone know of any accommodation near HNWMC?? I will be in Houston first week of September.. thanks in advance.
I am likely to be there too,I am still trying to get a hospital and a Dr cos the state I am right now the bill is crazy.if you have one,please email me.skychess04@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 16, 2018
Tripletmom:
In the spirit of giving back.
Had my baby girl at Henricho doctor’s hospital n used Dr W.F
Presented at the emergency after my EDD wen I started contracting but after bin observed for about 6-8hours was told to go back home to avoid accumulating bill since i wasn’t dilating but after about 24hours I had my baby.

Was discharged 2days after delivery
Hospital fee
Mother $2100
Baby $275
Got my zero bal reciept bfor i left the hospital.
Emergency fee $1471
Came in after about a week of discharge, called the financial counsellor and it was further discounted to $176.52
I made sure it was a discount n not Medicaid or any form of insurance.

Doctor fee-$850
My naija medical investigation report were approved
First doctor appt fee -$120 den subsequent visit $30
Did about 2 investigations approx $150
Also paid an additional $100 for the emergency

Peadiatrican fee 1059$ was given 25% ($794)discount which was to be paid within 30 days.
Epidural fee $6500 called n was also discounted to $1450
Hearing test cancelled.
Paid all fee over the phone n got zero bal receipts in d mail.
Follow up peadiatrician $250 for 2 visits at Gaithersburg MD

SSN came in almost a month after delivery
The lady at vital statistics refused to collect my money order for BC at d hospital.
She told me to call after 4 weeks to know if it’s has bin processed n den go pick it up at DMV while I drop d money order.
After several calls was told it wasn’t processed because d money order was not dropped n I was advised to send in a new application which I did n got my LO’s BC in less than 2 weeks

US passport application $175
I was told to come pick it up nxt day but I left it til d day I went for naija passport interview.
Naija passport $77
For pick up June 26 but showed the person in charge my flight itinerary n was told to come after 2 days.

Accommodation: My sis made herself available for me during my appt days.
About 3hours drive from MD to Richmond.

Bought my LO’s ticket $102 (Turkish Airline)at the airport
On board bassinet was provided.
Had 23hrs layover at Istanbul , was able to pay for my LO’s e-visa online using my Skye bank dom acct card bfor departure but I did mine at d self hlp desk paid with my GTB naira master card.
checked in to the hotel n had complimentary breakfast.

During this missionary journey DH went for his visa interview twice, he was refused the first time, reapplied n got interviewed after I delivered n was approved.

Everythng I learnt was from dis forum.
Thank you all.....

Please I need information on HNWMC and the Dr.can I email you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 16, 2018
Eclectica:
Hi guys,
For those of us that used HNWMC and got billed by Pediatrix for the pediatrician services, please be sure that the payment you made & discount given reflects on your account……………especially if you have been given a discount.

In our own case, we got our bill early July - $1456; we called a number of times to request for a healthy baby package and after many calls they eventually gave a 50% discount - $728 and we were given until 3rd Aug to pay.
At this point, our question to them was would they be able to send us a new bill that will reflect the 50% discount (The reason behind our question was for us to have a documented proof that we were given this discount when we present our docs at the Embassy or at POE in the future)?
Every agent we spoke to advised that another bill cannot be sent out and that the discount and our payment will reflect on our account (mymedicalme account). After so much persistence, we were told that the request will be sent to central billing and so our account was on hold. The account was on hold for over 2 weeks and after several calls to them, we were advised that they cannot send out a revised bill.
We eventually paid the $728. After 2 business days I checked our mymedicalme account and it was still showing :
Payoff Amount: $728
Amount Due: $728
Due Date Oct 2018.
So I had to call them again. I had to explain myself all over again to the agent I spoke with…..she advised that it will be referred to central billing and put the account on hold. It took them another week to rectify this, and finally our account is now showing Amount Due: $0.

So if you used HNWMC/Pediatrix, please confirm your account has a Zero Balance to avoid stories that touch in the future.
I just sent you an email,I need to know how to go about the hospital you used and the Dr with the fees.The state I am presently is too high for me to afford
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by CyZubby(f): 9:20pm On Aug 16, 2018
Sent
Simplicity01:

Please kindly send me a copy of the spreadsheet @genirl@yahoo.com. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ugoguchy(f): 10:00pm On Aug 16, 2018
No i didnt,i was in Moreno Valley,Riverside
Stayed with my family friend
Wanted to try st Francis for this last trip,but i couldn'tget any accomodation, so i went back to my normal place
expectingmum:

Guess you used St.Francis?
Where did you stay? Need help on accomodation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by olaseniyetty: 2:06am On Aug 17, 2018
Hi Nairalanders, I received a paedetric bill for my new born baby $500 using HNWMC ..I want to know if this is final bill or what .
pls suggest ? if to call them or to just pay the bill
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by isysleek: 8:50am On Aug 17, 2018
Hello all.

Been awhile someone posted birth experience with cost breakdown. What I see most times is "send me dm I will email you". Isn't this thread set up for all to see info? Hmmnnn...

As for those asking for doctoresparati in El Paso, I used them in 2015 and total bill was $5,410 for vagina delivery but going through their website recently, what I saw is over $5,800 for vagina delivery. So there agent here saying cost has not changed in 14years, am I missing something?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by DFmum: 10:50am On Aug 17, 2018
I have an interview at the embassy on Tuesday 21 and I learnt its public holiday, please what should I do ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by slim147(m): 1:21pm On Aug 17, 2018
DFmum:
I have an interview at the embassy on Tuesday 21 and I learnt its public holiday, please what should I do ?

What do you want to do? Go for ur interview nah?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by expectingmum: 2:00pm On Aug 17, 2018
ugoguchy:
I had similar experience my dear,mine was in may,at 41 weeks,went into active labour,left for the hospital, heartbeat was monitored,nurse said i cant get the heartbeat please lay sideways,i managed to get into that position and the heartbeat was finally picked but wasn't regular,next thing water broke and it was greenish,baby has pooped inside,few minutes later baby came out,was rushed to NICU,heartrate was fluctuating,she couldn't breathe on her own,she was placed on oxygen, antibiotics too,during that period a cardiologist had to be called in to examine her heart,she spent 3 nights in NICU,each night was amounting to $20k,she was stable after the 2nd night and the oxygen was taken out,upon discharge we got the total bill of almost $60k,i paid paediatrician,radiologist, cardiologists,gynaecologist differently,am glad we came out victorious, the devil really tried so had,starting from my visa processing but we over came,we are back and all bills cleared,the placenta to come out is story for another day,it was a short but difficult labour that ended in praise....

Terrifying experience, but good to know that it ended well.
But was it the neonatalogists, etc. who charged so much for NICU? General NICU rate is $1000-3600 that much i gathered ..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Virtuousdiva: 3:13pm On Aug 17, 2018
Isy sleek I have been having my kids with doctores for years now and I am going back again this year..The cost still remains the same.

Been awhile someone posted birth experience with cost breakdown. What I see most times is "send me dm I will email you". Isn't this thread set up for all to see info? Hmmnnn...

As for those asking for doctoresparati in El Paso, I used them in 2015 and total bill was $5,410 for vagina delivery but going through their website recently, what I saw is over $5,800 for vagina delivery. So there agent here saying cost has not changed in 14years, am I missing something?[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mumdearest: 4:22pm On Aug 17, 2018
babes, how you are doing? my very own elpaso peep. guess you are good and the kids too.
Take care.

[quote author=Virtuousdiva post=70364073]Isy sleek I have been having my kids with doctores for years now and I am going back again this year..The cost still remains the same.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 4:34pm On Aug 17, 2018
Extreme savagery, that was!
slim147:

What do you want to do? Go for ur interview nah?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by isysleek: 4:38pm On Aug 17, 2018
Peadiatrician bill looked different then I saw a mandatory something that is $250 and something else cant recall, which I didn't pay back then.

I'll check again and send them an email to clarify.

Virtuousdiva:
Isy sleek I have been having my kids with doctores for years now and I am going back again this year..The cost still remains the same.

As for those asking for doctoresparati in El Paso, I used them in 2015 and total bill was $5,410 for vagina delivery but going through their website recently, what I saw is over $5,800 for vagina delivery. So there agent here saying cost has not changed in 14years, am I missing something?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tripletmom: 5:15pm On Aug 17, 2018
essyb2002:

Please I need information on HNWMC and the Dr.can I email you.

Sorry I used Henricho doctor’s hospital not HNWMC
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lollipop29: 6:44pm On Aug 17, 2018
Expert advise needed !!

I would be traveling to Texas (USA) next month and would be there till December for delivery. And I’m traveling along with my children (2years and 10 years old) If I decide to put my children in their public schools for the duration of my stay, would that affect my next US visa application ? Would they refuse to grant me another visa ?

Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ibukunpops(f): 8:34pm On Aug 17, 2018
Pls a friend wants to sell some Similac formula she got for her baby from the US.

Costs is N12,000 each

Pls reply if interested or send a pm.

Thank you

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by FADEO: 8:49pm On Aug 17, 2018
lollipop29:
Expert advise needed !!

I would be traveling to Texas (USA) next month and would be there till December for delivery. And I’m traveling along with my children (2years and 10 years old) If I decide to put my children in their public schools for the duration of my stay, would that affect my next US visa application ? Would they refuse to grant me another visa ?

Thanks for your anticipated response.

Are your children Missionary Kids? If they are Missionary kids you really dont have anything to worry about. If they are not you might just need to ensure you follow the requirements of the school for foreigners/international students. But generally, I dont think its really an issue that will affect your visa renewal
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 9:00pm On Aug 17, 2018
Advantage and not similac, please
ibukunpops:
Pls a friend wants to sell some Similac formula she got for her baby from the US.

Costs is N12,000 each

Pls reply if interested or send a pm.

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lollipop29: 9:24pm On Aug 17, 2018
FADEO:

Are your children Missionary Kids? If they are Missionary kids you really dont have anything to worry about. If they are not you might just need to ensure you follow the requirements of the school for foreigners/international students. But generally, I dont think its really an issue that will affect your visa renewal

Thanks for your response, I really do appreciate. My children are not missionary kids. They are Nigerian children that accompanied their mom.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Amazing01: 10:09pm On Aug 17, 2018
What she actually meant by that is were your children born in the states? Are they citizens of the United States?

lollipop29:

Thanks for your response, I really do appreciate. My children are not missionary kids. They are Nigerian children that accompanied their mom.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Biskolo(f): 3:47am On Aug 18, 2018
olaseniyetty:
Hi Nairalanders, I received a paedetric bill for my new born baby $500 using HNWMC ..I want to know if this is final bill or what .
pls suggest ? if to call them or to just pay the bill

Call them to finalise and pay the bills and also get your zero balances
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Biskolo(f): 3:51am On Aug 18, 2018
Biskolo:

Call them to finalise and pay the bills and also get your zero balances

Pls any1 coming from houston soon that can help me collect somethings dat weighs almost 5kg coming to lag even if i will pay little token.pls email me, thank u

Busolakolade2020@gmail.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Fyorgyn: 11:42am On Aug 18, 2018
FADEO:

Lol@ Missionary kids...

To answer your question @lollipop29

I know someone whose visa was denied because of this same reason- she enrolled her son in a public school for a short period... but you know, we never know the true story...

So I decided to do a quick online search on the topic and saw THIS and many more...

Basically, your children may not be asked their status by the school and may be enrolled without much ado... the problem there is that it is a DIRECT VIOLATION of your B1/B2 visa and you may find it very difficult renewing your visas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lollipop29: 12:02pm On Aug 18, 2018
Amazing01:
What she actually meant by that is were your children born in the states? Are they citizens of the United States?

No, they were born in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.