Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,146 members, 7,807,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1161721 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 10:57am On Sep 06, 2018
Now this is the reason you have strong ties to the USA too by marriage.
Lipsyred:
Hubby havent been to USA ,he have dealers in USA and Canada that they buy and send to him years back,they have denied him severally mostly cost his parents and siblings are there green card holders ,his sis is a citizen and he is not bothered and not willing to try again.Thanks anyway till next year will explain the car deals and all,God might favour me.let me enjoy my vacation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 10:59am On Sep 06, 2018
You are good to go then. Print it and take along.
DeeandGLady:

Don’t know if am allowed to post it here, but long and short story they are not in position to update a record of an already issued visa.

My B1/b2 visa allows for childbirth in the US

Before I travel I should ensure I have my doctors appointment letter, details of where I will be receiving medical care, estimated cost of financial medical care because immigration officials will ask for it.

I should know that childbirth in the US is expensive and cost can escalate if there are complications, I will be required to pay all my bills.

I should ensure I collect my itemized statement of account from my healthcare provider and receipts.

I have just summarized the letter in detail.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Akorkor(f): 11:03am On Sep 06, 2018
Lipsyred:
Good day all,just to give back how my interview went today the 5th Sept 9.30am,was denied visa this
Dw:respond
Vo:purpose of travel
Dw:annual leave and child visit to his PAEDIATRICIAN as stated in form
Vo:is the child having issues medically
Dw:No just his follow up appointment for check up

I think this is why you are denied the visa. If a child doesnt really have serious issue i don't see any reason why you need to bring this up. Next time please stick to Vacation

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Senatornuella: 11:59am On Sep 06, 2018
I don't know what went wrong

I have 4 children, they are all US citizens. I came back from my last missionary journey in Jan. My husband wanted alone time with me and asked we renewed our visa. I applied for Dropbox for just I and my husband and we got invited for 221g interview. Today was the interview and here is my transcript:
Vo: you were in the US in 2017
Me: Yes
Vo: how long did you stay
Vo: 3months, and my husband 3weeks
Vo: why
Me: I went to have my babies
Vo:how many children do you have
Me: 4, all in the states. The last one were twins
Vo: let me see your receipts
I handed them over and she took like 10mins going through them then types for long then says
Vo: you paid a total of what for your twin children?
Me: I had then in Houston northwest and I paid a total of 8650 for hospital n doctor Dr xydas and 1500 for pediatrician.
Vo: for a CSC?
Me: Yes.
Vo: No that is not possible (emphatically ) you had twins with a CS n paid that amount. I am sorry you do not qualify for a visa.
Me: but I paid all my bills and all the receipts are there
Vo: thank you for keeping good records but you didn't pay all your bills. Cs in the US cost 20-30k dollars n you had twins. Not possible to pay this. I am sorry

Omo well did I go wrong.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Momo13: 12:14pm On Sep 06, 2018
Senatornuella:

I have 4 children, 3 are US citizens and I had the first in Nigeria. I came back from my last missionary journey in Jan. My husband wanted alone time with me and asked we renewed our visa. I applied for Dropbox for just I and my husband and we got invited for 221g interview. Today was the interview and here is my transcript:
Vo:how many children dof you have
Me: 4, and 3 in the states. The last one were twins
I handed them over and she took like 10mins going through them then types for long then says
Me: I had then in Houston northwest and I paid a total of 8650 for hospital n doctor Dr xydas and 1500 for pediatrician.
Vo: No that is not possible (emphatically ) you had twins with a CS n paid that amount. I am sorry you do not qualify for a visa.
Vo: thank you for keeping good records but you didn't pay all your bills. Cs in the US cost 20-30k dollars n you had twins. Not possible to pay this. I am sorry

Omo well did I go wrong.

These female VOs sef.. they can be robots sometimes.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lanrems: 2:16pm On Sep 06, 2018
Gracemama:
Hello House,
pls I wasn't stamped out in may 2018 (Our passport was not stamped to show that we left US)i asked my sis she said i should not bother that they already know that i left. pls i just want to be sure that they no longer stamp out.

Secondly i need a good hospital in NEWARK New jersey or anywhere close to newark.

Thirdly , pls i need a template for my change of Intent letter.
Thanks
As for the first question; you don't get stamped out of the US but they keep record of your exit on 1-94 u can check that online yourself, because it is mandatory for all airlines to send their manifest to Tsa/dhs on every departing or arriving planes.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vlesparza: 4:17pm On Sep 06, 2018
Senatornuella:

Omo well did I go wrong.

I think it is important to address how the "so-called" discounted price is calculated with doctors as it seems that many Visa officers are unaware of this, and educating the people that are applying for their Visa's seems to be the best option for everybody. The "discounted price" is not necessarily a "discounted price", it is simply the real amount insurance companies and Medicaid pays Health providers (doctors/hospital) for the procedure. In other words, it seems that officials think that the price they see quoted for a normal delivery on a US Citizen with insurance is the amount the doctor/hospital receives from the insurance agency/Medicaid, which is absolutely false. Once again, the discounted rate is simply the amount the doctor/hospital would receive if the patient had insurance or Medicaid from these institutions. I hope this information helps to educate the members who are applying for Visa and I also recommend watching the video below. Best wishes to all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeDOQpfaUc8

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Senatornuella: 6:27pm On Sep 06, 2018
Thank you. The whole thing got me irked. I mean I told her that the Bill sent to me for the process was in the correspondence exchanged btw me n the doctors for each of my trips n which I put before her but she was past reasoning. That wasn't an interview! The moment I told her I had 3 US babies she exclaimed like she was saying 'whaaaaat who let you pass through'. Each of this journey took good money out of our pockets. Flights, accommodation, bills n shopping for both trip I expended more that $60,000 which is over N20m into their economy. My hubby even added that we spent well over the hospital bills for those trips n could v afforded it even if it were otherwise, still it made no difference. I don't even feel like applying again. I can travel to any other part of the world. I don born chillden finish and they are citizens, nothing changes that. I will use my money somewhere else o

I think it is important to address how the "so-called" discounted price is calculated with doctors as it seems that many Visa officers and unaware of this and educating the people that are applying for their Visa's seems to be the best option for everybody.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ibukunpops(f): 11:23pm On Sep 06, 2018
I feel its because you didnt mention you got discounted rates as a self paying cash patient, and then as you are talking showing her the itemised bill and direct her courteseously to look at the itemised bill.

Senatornuella:

I have 4 children, 3 are US citizens and I had the first in Nigeria. I came back from my last missionary journey in Jan. My husband wanted alone time with me and asked we renewed our visa. I applied for Dropbox for just I and my husband and we got invited for 221g interview. Today was the interview and here is my transcript:
Vo:how many children dof you have
Me: 4, and 3 in the states. The last one were twins

Omo well did I go wrong.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by KaraDanvers(f): 11:38pm On Sep 06, 2018
ibukunpops:
I feel its because you didnt mention you got discounted rates as a self paying cash patient, and then as you are talking showing her the itemised bill and direct her courteseously to look at the itemised bill.

Nah. It's kinda clear from this interview that the VO's mind was made up. The vibes are like senatornuella has reaped enough from the US and should not bother applying again. She didn't use tax payers money in anyway which makes it really weird. You can't truly say that they don't know about discount pricing. They see it all the time at interviews and POE. They must have even researched it so the VO can't claim ignorance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by KaraDanvers(f): 11:44pm On Sep 06, 2018
Vlesparza:

I think it is important to address how the "so-called" discounted price is calculated with doctors as it seems that many Visa officers are unaware of this, and educating the people that are applying for their Visa's seems to be the best option for everybody. The "discounted price" is not necessarily a "discounted price", it is simply the real amount insurance companies and Medicaid pays Health providers (doctors/hospital) for the procedure. In other words, it seems that officials think that the price they see quoted for a normal delivery on a US Citizen with insurance is the amount the doctor/hospital receives from the insurance agency/Medicaid, which is absolutely false. Once again, the discounted rate is simply the amount the doctor/hospital would receive if the patient had insurance or Medicaid from these institutions. I hope this information helps to educate the members who are applying for Visa and recommend also watching the video below. Best wishes to all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeDOQpfaUc8
This is an eye opener but it doesn't stop the VOs from feeling like they are being cheated by the disparity in the medical system. Since they can't attack the system guess who receives the transfered aggression.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Senatornuella: 1:50am On Sep 07, 2018
I agree with you on the vibes, but it isn't my fault God blessed me with twin babies for my second trip. I have read many people who have done even 3 missionary journey. Again, my visas were both medical visas. That said. On getting home and going over the incidence of the interview, I feel really angry. For her to say that it wasn't possible to birth twin babies thru a CS and pay the amount I paid implied that I ran away from the US without paying my bills, I forged the documents I presented to her and I am a liar, n a fraud. Most people who use HNWMC pay much less. My bill got to that level cos they were twins in the first instance. My God! Yet such decision is not appealable. Isn't there a way to register such grievances. I need to clear my name. Only God know what she typed into that system. It could just be...bla bla bla lied about her bills or bla bla bla didn't pay her bills. I seriously need to clear my name for my children's sake

KaraDanvers:
Nah. It's kinda clear from this interview that the VO's mind was made up. The vibes are like senatornuella has reaped enough from the US and should not bother applying again. She didn't use tax payers money in anyway which makes it really weird. You can't truly say that they don't know about discount pricing. They see it all the time at interviews and POE. They must have even researched it so the VO can't claim ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by adycatus: 4:31am On Sep 07, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Wow! This is awesome, congratulations is very much in order.... This wasn't an easy one, thanks to God and your proper preparation. The Chicago POE experience seem to have served as a training for you I swear, came in handy. Once you actually pass through and survive secondary inspection at the US POE, nothing scares you again almost at every airport worldwide. You actually come across as a woman of steel though, the type that may be "pretending" not to know so to speak, but know loads, busy cleverly covering loose ends and stylishly blocking loopholes.

You had this together, sound responses all the way especially with adding the extras you weren't yet asked by the VO. Oh, on the POE experience, I like the part where you even refused the 2 months stamp, some good gut backed with clear reasoning as to why. God bless you all dear parents for the things you do to place your kids on an advantageous pedestal ab initio, God bless and multiply your seed sowed. Regards

Thanks so much, we return all glory to God.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by adycatus: 4:56am On Sep 07, 2018
Senatornuella:
I agree with you on the vibes, but it isn't my fault God blessed me with twin babies for my second trip. I have read many people who have done even 3 missionary journey. Again, my visas were both medical visas. That said. On getting home and going over the incidence of the interview, I feel really angry. For her to say that it wasn't possible to birth twin babies thru a CS and pay the amount I paid implied that I ran away from the US without paying my bills, I forged the documents I presented to her and I am a liar, n a fraud. Most people who use HNWMC pay much less. My bill got to that level cos they were twins in the first instance. My God! Yet such decision is not appealable. Isn't there a way to register such grievances. I need to clear my name. Only God know what she typed into that system. It could just be...bla bla bla lied about her bills or bla bla bla didn't pay her bills. I seriously need to clear my name for my children's sake

So sorry about this, where did the interview take place? Abuja or Lagos?. I had similar experience in Abuja when I was given 221g and I went for interview and was denied. The VO refused to even look at my itemized bills and zero balances or even listen to me and see that I paid all my bills. But reapplied in Lagos and as God may have It, this VO gave me attention, was patient with me and I had to open up, told him how the previous VO didn't give me enough audience to explain myself and pleaded with him to look at all my receipts if he wouldn't mind. I also took the hospital quote of all their prices I got from them immediately I registered along side and explained that those quotes was for cash/ self pay patients. In all, pls always ask for God's favour. There is nothing He can't do and He gives us the right VO that can have the patience to look into our cases.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by adycatus: 5:19am On Sep 07, 2018
Good morning all, please anyone knows the next available date in Abuja Embassy? A friend needs a date
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by adapcee(m): 5:59am On Sep 07, 2018
Gloriagee:

Yeah that seems like the best option but available dates are pretty far away.
@gloriageee,I sent you a PM,please I need clarification on the above.thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by adapcee(m): 6:02am On Sep 07, 2018
Jenny8935:

Nooooh, no longer acceptable. Must be at the embassy or a notary public in the US
Good seniors,what’s the process like for getting ds 3053 processed in Lagos embassy as lawyers notary public is no more accepted.Any link/contact for fast processing will be highly appreciated.Thanks as I await your response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Gloriagee(f): 7:28am On Sep 07, 2018
Hello bro, earliest date i can find for Abuja is 17 Sept.

https://ng.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/notaries-public/

Copy the link above and follow the instructions. You can scroll to the bottom of the page to select either Abj or Lag options. Cheers

adapcee:

@gloriageee,I sent you a PM,please I need clarification on the above.thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oluwaseunv: 8:16am On Sep 07, 2018
Good morning people and thank you for all the contribution.
I got denied yesterday in Abuja
Me: good morning
Vo: can’t remember if he answered
Vo: can I have both passports please
Me: handed over
Vo: I can see you have been to the us?
Me: no I didn’t get to go
Vo: y
Me: my mum was sick and and it was a short stay (10 days visa)
Vo: I can see you are going to Houston Texas
Me: yes please
Vo: what for
Me: I intend to use part of my leave to have my baby in the us
Vo: what does your husband do
Me: he is a lawyer
Vo: what do you do
Me: I am a fashion designer I work in a fashion firm
Vo: how about your other children
Me: this is my first with a smile
Vo: how long has your husband been a lawyer
Me: 2011 (did a little mental calculation)
Vo: am sorry you do not qualify for the visa.
I don’t even know what to do, do I reapply. All the questions I read here that they ask, I didn’t even get a chance. He didn’t even look at any of my documents. I didn’t spend up to 2 mins there and am due in December.
Please advice me Abeg.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Senatornuella: 9:06am On Sep 07, 2018
Don't be sad. I too was there yesterday and Abuja yesterday was bloody. Almost everyone came out with a pink slip. Felt like the VOs were unhappy about something. Don't give up, apply again if you can and by God's grace n favour you will get it.

Oluwaseunv:
Good morning people and thank you for all the contribution.
I got denied yesterday in Abuja
Me: good morning
Vo: can’t remember if he answered
Vo: can I have both passports please
Me: handed over
Vo: I can see you have been to the us?
Me: no I didn’t get to go
Vo: y
Me: my mum was sick and and it was a short stay (10 days visa)
Vo: I can see you are going to Houston Texas
Me: yes please
Vo: what for
Me: I intend to use part of my leave to have my baby in the us
Vo: what does your husband do
Me: he is a lawyer
Vo: what do you do
Me: I am a fashion designer I work in a fashion firm
Vo: how about your other children
Me: this is my first with a smile
Vo: how long has your husband been a lawyer
Me: 2011 (did a little mental calculation)
Vo: am sorry you do not qualify for the visa.
I don’t even know what to do, do I reapply. All the questions I read here that they ask, I didn’t even get a chance. He didn’t even look at any of my documents. I didn’t spend up to 2 mins there and am due in December.
Please advice me Abeg.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Gloriouscrown: 10:03am On Sep 07, 2018
Good morning mamas, please will I be allowed to carry snacks and drinks through the immigration for my toddler before we board?

Also while in Houston do I need to carry a toddler car seat along for when we go out with Uber.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Gloriagee(f): 11:45am On Sep 07, 2018
Yes to both questions. Very reasonable quantity for the toddler nothing excess.

Gloriouscrown:
Good morning mamas, please will I be allowed to carry snacks and drinks through the immigration for my toddler before we board?

Also while in Houston do I need to carry a toddler car seat along for when we go out with Uber.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Teeqib1: 12:31pm On Sep 07, 2018
Tripletmom:
Hi house, please how soon can my DH book appt for notarized consent.
Edd is mid March .
Although, he went for visa interview last week but was denied, wants to reapply but available interview date is April 11 and that’s after my Edd.
Goodmorning/Afternoon I just came across NL
I just received a message from my Dh that he also got denied for his first attempt please I would like to know if your Dh reappplied immediately and how his second interview went. thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ballyray: 12:38pm On Sep 07, 2018
hello, please i need a guide on the procedures of giving birth in the USA, ATLANTA precisely. i would not might list of hospital and the charges .
thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Teeqib1: 12:47pm On Sep 07, 2018
Hello Everyone I am very new here
My Dh applied for his B1/B2 visa since June but the earliest date we got was for today sept 7. I already had my visa and I am due sept 20. I had already used my visa for its visiting purpose so I didn’t have any problem at the POE when I came in for my missionary in July. I stated my intention for childbirth and all went smoothly with the Cbp no secondary inspection or anything like that. Today my Dh was denied his visa at Abuja embassy . He said he wasn’t even asked for any documents all the vo told him was that why would he let me come 6weeks earlier than him and why would me work permit me to be out of work for that long he explained to the vo that I was on maternity leave and I was entitled to it but the VO wouldn’t have it. Do you advise him to reapply soon or what do you think?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Gloriouscrown: 1:04pm On Sep 07, 2018
Thank you very much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Gloriagee(f): 1:14pm On Sep 07, 2018
Think he can reapply. Let him concentrate on proving he has ties - well paid job, investment or home ownership, anything that shows he has ties n can your office give you a letter confirming you are on maternity leave etc

Teeqib1:
Hello Everyone I am very new here
My Dh applied for his B1/B2 visa since June but the earliest date we got was for today sept 7. I already had my visa and I am due sept 20. I had already used my visa for its visiting purpose so I didn’t have any problem at the POE when I came in for my missionary in July. I stated my intention for childbirth and all went smoothly with the Cbp no secondary inspection or anything like that. Today my Dh was denied his visa at Abuja embassy . He said he wasn’t even asked for any documents all the vo told him was that why would he let me come 6weeks earlier than him and why would me work permit me to be out of work for that long he explained to the vo that I was on maternity leave and I was entitled to it but the VO wouldn’t have it. Do you advise him to reapply soon or what do you think?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Senatornuella: 1:24pm On Sep 07, 2018
I applied through Abuja embassy.

[quote author=adycatus post=70973789][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oluwaseunv: 1:43pm On Sep 07, 2018
Senatornuella:
Don't be sad. I too was there yesterday and Abuja yesterday was bloody. Almost everyone came out with a pink slip. Felt like the VOs were unhappy about something. Don't give up, apply again if you can and by God's grace n favour you will get it.

Thanks a lot. I figured, but does it not seem like Lagos is a better bet. Although Abuja still has October dates.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Gloriouscrown: 1:52pm On Sep 07, 2018
Thank you Gloriagee
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Gloriagee(f): 1:54pm On Sep 07, 2018
Anytime
Gloriouscrown:
Thank you Gloriagee
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Teeqib1: 2:07pm On Sep 07, 2018
Gloriagee:
Think he can reapply. Let him concentrate on proving he has ties - well paid job, investment or home ownership, anything that shows he has ties n can your office give you a letter confirming you are on maternity leave etc

Thank you very much Gloria

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.