Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,406 members, 7,808,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1162070 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vlesparza: 8:37pm On Sep 17, 2018
Tahtianah:

CBP: U made any payments? (Sights my envelope) Let me have ur documents
Me: Yes (hand over the docs)
CBP: How much? (flipping thru the documents)
Me: $5300 and some (leaning over to show him the negative invoice)

Went on to check the gate for my connecting flight to El Paso.

Whether you are applying for Visa or entering the USA, its always best to prepay your medical fees since you are trying to eliminate any possible excuse the officer can have to prevent you from entering the United States.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by esthero9: 11:53pm On Sep 17, 2018
Please has anyone ever gotten an itemised bill from West Houston Medical Center? My visa was denied even though I had a zero balance. The VO couldn’t understand why such a huge discount of 20k was given even when I explained that it’s because I’m self pay. I have also emailed WHMC hopefully they can send an itemised bill so that I can reapply.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 9:11am On Sep 18, 2018
Yes I have it was mailed to me few months back.
You can go through my post on the whole episode and revert to be where necessary.
Also call this number +12815888028 that is the officer in charge.

esthero9:
Please has anyone ever gotten an itemised bill from West Houston Medical Center? My visa was denied even though I had a zero balance. The VO couldn’t understand why such a huge discount of 20k was given even when I explained that it’s because I’m self pay. I have also emailed WHMC hopefully they can send an itemised bill so that I can reapply.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Niksie: 9:54am On Sep 18, 2018
Hello chibertha,

Was it sent via email please? For renewal purpose, I want to confirm if printed copies of such docs( itemized bill, zero balance etc) from email are acceptable generally for any hospital used. Thanks

chibertha:
You can go through my post on the whole episode and revert to be where necessary.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by esthero9: 10:08am On Sep 18, 2018
chibertha:

They said the itemised bill cannot be emailed. It can only be mailed or faxed. What did you do please?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Adebuble(f): 2:29pm On Sep 18, 2018
Hello mamas n papas,

Good to see this trend is moving well...
Congrats to all the success stories and the not so successful ones, God will give u your success story on your next interview..

For the itemised bill, I think its only For West Houston Medical Center (I may b wrong) but I renewed my visa via drop box and I was given even two of my other friends that used HNWMC.

Also can we research more on hospitals and doctors so that certain doctors will not be overwhelmed.. The doctors most of us used are from researches..let us explore all that is available on-line..

Well done..God bless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ashedzi: 6:04pm On Sep 18, 2018
[quote author=Adebuble post=71307683]Hello mamas n papas,

Congrats to all the success stories and the not so successful ones, God will give u your success story on your next interview..

For the itemised bill, I think its only For West Houston Medical Center (I may b wrong) but I renewed my visa via drop box and I was given even two of my other friends that used HNWMC.

Also can we research more on hospitals and doctors so that certain doctors will not be overwhelmed.. The doctors most of us used are from researches..let us ex

That's the spirit. Nice one
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 6:22pm On Sep 18, 2018
I got that same gist too but at last it was emailed to me.
What is the name of the person that received your call.
Is the billing officer.
esthero9:

They said the itemised bill cannot be emailed. It can only be mailed or faxed. What did you do please?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 6:24pm On Sep 18, 2018
Of course it is all need do is print in full colored
Niksie:

Hello chibertha,

Was it sent via email please? For renewal purpose, I want to confirm if printed copies of such docs( itemized bill, zero balance etc) from email are acceptable generally for any hospital used. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 6:27pm On Sep 18, 2018
My dear it is not only west houston, I think it depends on what the VO has in mind. People who used houston north west has also faced same refusal too.

[quote author=ashedzi post=71313411][/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jayfierce(m): 7:56pm On Sep 18, 2018
Funjay:

Thanks for the feedback and happy birthday. Please like how much on the average do you have on the personal bank statements for two of you.
My monthly salary is less than 200k, my wife own is around 300k even though I earn more than her per annum, I receive bulk payments and plenty allowances from time to time. The missionary trip will be co-founded by the two of us and most of the money is on Mutual Funds investment. Or should I liquidate the investment and have the money seating pretty in our accounts? Cos with constant transfer to save money in mutual funds, there is hardly anything on our personal accounts.

Thank you.
All the money we had was in mutual funds. She got the Visa. However you can go ahead and liquidate if that makes you more comfortable.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Funjay(m): 8:35am On Sep 19, 2018
jayfierce:
All the money we had was in mutual funds. She got the Visa. However you can go ahead and liquidate if that makes you more comfortable.

Thanks bro, my dillema was going with our personal statements of accounts that does not have up to 500k each and mutual funds that have plenty money. It can be explained though and the movement from the accounts to Mutual funds can be seen but at times, if you meet an impatient V.O or 1 that is looking for an excuse, it may become a valid one for them to refuse.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by woodfrank(m): 8:51am On Sep 19, 2018
zannie:

Send me a pm

Can you pm me your contact please?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by duvocharrison: 10:36am On Sep 19, 2018
esthero9:

I have
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mamast: 12:11pm On Sep 19, 2018
You can use the mutual funds statement. That was what i used last year, in order to be comfortable with it, I also got a letter from my funds manager stating that the fund is available to me to me as soon as i request for it. I think that will help also. Just attach the letter to the mutual funds statement.

Liquidating the funds to an account, will mean that you will just have a lump sum dropping into your account, which is usually suspicious.

Funjay:

Thanks for the feedback and happy birthday. Please like how much on the average do you have on the personal bank statements for two of you.
My monthly salary is less than 200k, my wife own is around 300k even though I earn more than her per annum, I receive bulk payments and plenty allowances from time to time. The missionary trip will be co-founded by the two of us and most of the money is on Mutual Funds investment. Or should I liquidate the investment and have the money seating pretty in our accounts? Cos with constant transfer to save money in mutual funds, there is hardly anything on our personal accounts.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by seyibukky: 12:29pm On Sep 19, 2018
Good morning all, I had a US visa which expired on 29th Aug 2018, I had earlier made a drop down request but chose medical(B2), I was schedule for appointment.
i went along witj my budget sheet, doctores apointment letter and the medical bill which had $7,350 from Doctores Paretti , my application was denied on the ground of low medical bill i contacted Doctores Paretti

Dear Melissa,

i went for my visa appointment interview yesterday and the Visa officer refused to grant me a visa on the premises that the medical bill is lower than expected and therefore alleged that the balance will be transfered to the US government by the hospital.

Please confirm that the basis of your bill is complete and there are no intentions to pass any cost to the Government. I bellieve a clearer price schedule should also be issued to assist me in my visa process as I intend to re-apply shortly.

I look forward to receiving your prompt response.

Thank you

I got another confirmation later that the bill is without government discount and added bill for additional days for mother and baby to make the medical bill total $10,700 on my budget sheet,which was also turned down by the visa officer.even when I mentioned that I have done my research and had 3 other bills from hospital in the same state (Texas) comparable.

am confused now as to whether to 're apply, will it not look like am desperate,do I need to get another bill?....the experts

in the house,please what can I do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vgil100: 4:11pm On Sep 19, 2018
[quote author=Tahtianah post=71285961]Hello all. Thot to share my POE experience at Atlanta. Haven't read anything negative abt Atlanta but still give glory to God for His favours.

Flew Delta at 33 weeks. Arrived Atlanta and joined the queue

Hi Tahtianah
Congrats and Thanks for your story
Pls are you using doctoresparati,are they for real?
Guess you 're there now,how is the place,safety,accommodation
etc.Do you think they 're good and friendly.
I plan to be there in November by God's grace.I have no family person there.Pls any info about place and service will be appreciated.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by priscai(m): 4:59pm On Sep 19, 2018
[quote author=Adebuble post=71307683]Hello mamas n papas,

Also can we research more on hospitals and doctors so that certain doctors will not be overwhelmed.. The doctors most of us used are from researches..let us explore all that is available on-line..

Well done..God bless.

Good one.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by priscai(m): 5:03pm On Sep 19, 2018
[quote author=esthero9 post=71292675]Please has anyone ever gotten an itemised bill from West Houston Medical Center? My visa was denied even though I had a zero balance. The VO couldn’t understand why such a huge discount of 20k was given even when I explained that it’s because I’m self pay. I have also emailed WHMC hopefully they can send an itemised bill so that I can

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by bubu18: 5:44pm On Sep 19, 2018
Hello house, please I need help with the VOA. I have the VOA letter already but the website states cash on arrival is no longer acceptable. Trying to make payment online but I am being directed to a page. Here are my questions,
1: Is the processing country Nigeria?
2: Where is the processing country? I had my baby in the US but I am in the UK so going to Nigeria from the UK?
Please looking forward to a response as my flight is tomorrow morning. Thank you all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2018
You have done everything well as far as I know. It was just not your lucky day.
seyibukky:
Good morning all, I had a US visa which expired on 29th Aug 2018, I had earlier made a drop down request but chose medical(B2), I was schedule for appointment.
i went along witj my budget sheet, doctores apointment letter and the medical bill which had $7,350 from Doctores Paretti , my application was denied on the ground of low medical bill i contacted Doctores Paretti

Dear Melissa,

i went for my visa appointment interview yesterday and the Visa officer refused to grant me a visa on the premises that the medical bill is lower than expected and therefore alleged that the balance will be transfered to the US government by the hospital.

Please confirm that the basis of your bill is complete and there are no intentions to pass any cost to the Government. I bellieve a clearer price schedule should also be issued to assist me in my visa process as I intend to re-apply shortly.

I look forward to receiving your prompt response.

Thank you

I got another confirmation later that the bill is without government discount and added bill for additional days for mother and baby to make the medical bill total $10,700 on my budget sheet,which was also turned down by the visa officer.even when I mentioned that I have done my research and had 3 other bills from hospital in the same state (Texas) comparable.

am confused now as to whether to 're apply, will it not look like am desperate,do I need to get another bill?....the experts

in the house,please what can I do?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 5:49pm On Sep 19, 2018
There is a space for signature by patient and accounts advisor at the time of giving that paper. The signatures won't be on it.
Try and get am itemized bill before you leave.
priscai:

I am still in Houston and used West houston medical, there was a paper issued before payment showing the price to be paid for self pay like mine said 3,600 usd and as we make the payment indicated and I am sure that wont pose any issues, as our zero balance was recieved with no outstanding after all other payments doctors, epidural, pediatric, lab, and others were made. I can send u that paper if u want but wouldn't know how much u paid during your birthing.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 5:52pm On Sep 19, 2018
Also be sure both accounts do not have outstanding
esthero9:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by esthero9: 8:41pm On Sep 19, 2018
chibertha:
Also be sure both accounts do not have outstanding

Not at all. Both accounts don’t have any outstanding.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 9:16pm On Sep 19, 2018
I advice you called to get that if you have not done so.
That was how I called and was told my baby account had a little over $2000 meanwhile I had a zero balance stating both accounts are clear.
So that there are no surprises anywhere.

esthero9:

Not at all. Both accounts don’t have any outstanding.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by esthero9: 11:24pm On Sep 19, 2018
chibertha:
I advice you called to get that if you have not done so.
That was how I called and was told my baby account had a little over $2000 meanwhile I had a zero balance stating both accounts are clear.
So that there are no surprises anywhere.

Oh wow. I will call tomorrow to just check. Meanwhile I have given them an address to mail it to them the person will scan it to me. Hopefully that works...

Just wondering has anyone ever been denied visa and was granted visa when he/she reapplied?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vgil100: 8:18am On Sep 20, 2018
Wow.Thanks for the info

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: Bosede24

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.