Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,849 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1159738 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 8:03am On Sep 24, 2018
Go through my post you will see how I resolved mine.
jennymee:
Good morning, I have been fervent follower of the group. Had my baby at WHMC in 2015, paid all my bills, got the zero balance letter. Fast forward to 2018, when we decided to renew our visa, interview was scheduled and the VO asked for an itemized bill and I was shocked because I thought I had all my documents, she asked if I would get an itemized bill from the hospital and I said yes, because I had paid all my bills and I was not told of any discount at the point of payment I paid 3000 dollars before delivery as a self paid patient and I VD. Called the hospital and I was transferred to the billing section, I was told the statement would be sent within 7 days of request, the bill was sent as indicated and I am seeing a bill of over 12000 dollars and with no payment on it. Pls what do I do, I am completely confused. Apologies for the long post. Mummies in the house please help a sister with the way forward.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Og3chukwu: 8:09am On Sep 24, 2018
Good morning all,please has anybody gotten an itemized bill from HNWMC after given birth? The only document i was given was the non indebtedness letter and recepit.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 8:17am On Sep 24, 2018
This is a DIY forum dear.Get a pen and paper then on your browser type in the city you want and search for hospitals and Dr and start calling or emailing them. You can also do same here
Supernatural198:
Good morning ma,I don't know if am doing this the right way but I have been trying to my question across for days, I joined this forum few weeks back and I have been reading, am grateful for all the useful information here,but still I am a newcomer and this is my first attempt. I am 8 weeks gone and want to start my process too,pls I need info on hospitals around atlanta or california...to begin with, also am planning to apply with my husband. I will be glad if I can I get recent information. Thanks[b][/b]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 8:18am On Sep 24, 2018
Hello
LizaMarie:

Hi
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lisaosato: 8:46am On Sep 24, 2018
Supernatural198:
Good morning ma,I don't know if am doing this the right way but I have been trying to my question across for days, I joined this forum few weeks back and I have been reading, am grateful for all the useful information here,but still I am a newcomer and this is my first attempt. I am 8 weeks gone and want to start my process too,pls I need info on hospitals around atlanta or california...to begin with, also am planning to apply with my husband. I will be glad if I can I get recent information. Thanks[b][/b]

I'm ftm and going on my own missionary journey soon but let me advice small based on my sister's delivery experience 2 years ago because I went with her. Atlanta is relatively pricey, cost of living and all but if you have family around there I don't see why not. My sister used Emory, if you see surprise medical bills!!! She went into labor at home and we needed to call an ambulance, she paid over 20k in total medical bills for VD. But be warned there is a column for address on the birth certificate and my sister erroneously filled a US address, as simple as this sounds it made them deny her visa this year, not just her but same issue with 2 of her friends who delivered in Atlanta. Now they are paying to rectify it but the process is not making sense. I don't know if at the time of birth you can put in a Nigerian adresss or it only takes US addresses just to suffer someone later. Her other child that was born in another State does not have address on the birth certificate. I have never been to California nor researched anything about their hospitals because in my head a big place like that will be deathly expensive.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tripletmom: 8:48am On Sep 24, 2018
Hello Mum’s,
Pls would like to know if any mum who used Henricho doctor’s hospital in d past has renew there visa. Also, will like to know if you were given an itemized bill.
Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Adebuble(f): 8:49am On Sep 24, 2018
My not carrying along my daughter's zero balance bill came to hunt me today..

So I have a valid visa which I did via drop box and I was given, I took my son to the Embassy today for his interview and he was denied...thanks to zero balance receipt not taken to the interview..

I personally think US brought in mean VO during this time..cos in all the three interviews I have done in US Embassy, today's VO was the worst of them all..

Next year when I reapply, I will carry even my US Student ID join documents self... This year na African Country sure pass...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by urblackpearl: 9:56am On Sep 24, 2018
Hello House,

Any thoughts on this, please.

urblackpearl:
Hello All,

When renewing via drop box (not pregnant but intending to use visa for birth if baby comes within the validity period of visa) should one select B1 or B2??

Note the previous visa was medical, used for birth 1st year (declared) and vacation 2nd year.

Thanks!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by urblackpearl: 10:02am On Sep 24, 2018
Thanks OmoBendel24. I'm not even applying yet as visa is yet to expire for some months . Just occurred to me and thought to find out. Thanks again

OmoBendel24:

Select B1/B2.... True and safer. This however isn't an escape route for the famous 221g followup interview ish based especially on your previous birthing whether on a birthing visa or not!

But what is the primary purpose of applying for the visa at this time (just in case you get called in for an interview)? Put all these into proper consideration though.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cutie333: 10:04am On Sep 24, 2018
Good morning everyone in the house. Thanks to all your advice and contributions my 2016 journey was a huge success to the Glory of God.

Now am embacking on another one in november.

please between klm and airfrance which is better, easier and cheaper when adding infant ticket.

Also please how easy is it to apply for visa for ones nanny she has travelled to india before.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 10:14am On Sep 24, 2018
urblackpearl:
Hello House,

Any thoughts on this, please.

if you plan to travel for vacation, select B1/B2 and make sure you travel for that vacation. if you don't intend to travel for vacation, you can go ahead and pick same B2 and wait for pregnancy to happen. If called for interview, explain your self. or you just wait till you are pregnant before reapplying if you still have some time left.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Simplicity01: 10:19am On Sep 24, 2018
Mamaiyanu:

The 3 key docs most people are asked are bank statement, budget sheet, and doctor/hospital correspondence.

From my little experience the most important thing is not your docs, it's the answers to the questions they ask you and your demeanour.

Don't rely on just your docs, rehearse your interview. Read interview transcripts here and prepare good answers for possible questions.

All the best!

Thank you very much.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Simplicity01: 10:20am On Sep 24, 2018
iykmon:
Also where you work or the business you do. How much you make(in flow in your account). The information you have written in your DS160 form. They want see that you can pay your bills and return home.

Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by urblackpearl: 10:29am On Sep 24, 2018
Thank you!

ozycy:

if you plan to travel for vacation, select B1/B2 and make sure you travel for that vacation. if you don't intend to travel for vacation, you can go ahead and pick same B2 and wait for pregnancy to happen. If called for interview, explain your self. or you just wait till you are pregnant before reapplying if you still have some time left.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by esthero9: 10:42am On Sep 24, 2018
chibertha:

I can’t seem to find it. Please what did you do?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Og3chukwu: 10:59am On Sep 24, 2018
Lisaosato:

I'm ftm and going on my own missionary journey soon but let me advice small based on my sister's delivery experience 2 years ago because I went with her. Atlanta is relatively pricey, cost of living and all but if you have family around there I don't see why not. My sister used Emory, if you see surprise medical bills!!! She went into labor at home and we needed to call an ambulance, she paid over 20k in total medical bills for VD. But be warned there is a column for address on the birth certificate and my sister erroneously filled a US address, as simple as this sounds it made them deny her visa this year, not just her but same issue with 2 of her friends who delivered in Atlanta. Now they are paying to rectify it but the process is not making sense. I don't know if at the time of birth you can put in a Nigerian adresss or it only takes US addresses just to suffer someone later. Her other child that was born in another State does not have address on the birth certificate. I have never been to California nor researched anything about their hospitals because in my head a big place like that will be deathly expensive.
When the hospital gave me the verification of birth document,they wanted an address inside the city limit of houston, Harris county,Texas. They rejected my nigerian address,i don't know if it applies to other state
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lisaosato: 11:22am On Sep 24, 2018
Og3chukwu:

When the hospital gave me the verification of birth document,they wanted an address inside the city limit of houston, Harris county,Texas. They rejected my nigerian address,i don't know if it applies to other state

Imagine that! So the address is on the birth certificate? My niece was born in Ohio, no address on her birth certificate. Hmmmmn Texas I want to go to � But is it that VOs don't know this? Because they really grilled my sister asking "Why should you put a US address when you are not a resident"
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 12:23pm On Sep 24, 2018
Them VOs just look for every reason to say " sorry your application does not qualify" IMO
Lisaosato:

Imagine that! So the address is on the birth certificate? My niece was born in Ohio, no address on her birth certificate. Hmmmmn Texas I want to go to � But is it that VOs don't know this? Because they really grilled my sister asking "Why should you put a US address when you are not a resident"

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by duvocharrison: 1:08pm On Sep 24, 2018
Oleayo22:
Hello everyone,
I have been a silent folloer of this thread. I gave birth in 2016 usa and i used B2 visa when i applied through dropbox. Now my visa expired in august and I submitted for another dropbox. I got the famous 221G and was asked to schedule an appointment for interview. The only available date I can see available is February 2019 which will be past my past edd. Though I chosen one date in Feb, just want to ask if there is anything I can do to FastTrack to get a date in November at most.
Cc Justwise, Firstymum, Ladyg, momo, shrekandfiona, Phema and everyone that has gone through this.
Thanks

The same shoes with u .so confused
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mamast: 1:40pm On Sep 24, 2018
Lisaosato:

There are actually 2 different types of birth certificate.

At my Visa interview, the VO specifically warned me not to put a US address on the birth certificate. Having this in mind, i put my Nigerian address on the request for the birth certificate and the US address for postal address.

However, because the birth certificate didn't come in early by post, i went down to the county office to request for another one. The lady that attended to me asked if i wanted the detailed one or the other one (cant remember how she referred to it). I asked for the detailed one and i got the one that shows addresses, basically all my detail and it had my Nigeria address. When the one i requested by post came later, it was the other type that shows just the names of the baby and parents. There was no address on it. So i have 2 birth certificates in 2 different format

The way the VO admonished the need to use my Nigeria address, i jejely just adhered.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by BCCH: 2:36pm On Sep 24, 2018
Hi All,

I have followed and gained a lot from this thread also. We had our baby in 2016 and of course paid all our bills. Trying to renew via drop box now, we got the feedback to schedule interview. My concern mainly is what does this Itemized bill look like? If any body knows could you share a sample pls. Below are what we have

Letter from Hospital stating balance in zero
Also Zero Balance letter for different accounts - Like 5 of this
Also some itemized services and there cost - Like 5 of this as well(Is this the so called itemized bill?)

The consular specifically requested for us to bring: Itemized hospital bills & receipt for payment. - What's the difference between these two?

Thanks for your anticipated feedbacks.

Rgds

1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jennymee(f): 3:40pm On Sep 24, 2018
chibertha:

Thank you so much @ chibertha, doing that already. Will update the house on the outcome.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Fantastic4: 5:27pm On Sep 24, 2018
Hello House,

Please any suggestions for a Dr n Hospital in Dallas TX?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by nana101: 6:21pm On Sep 24, 2018
BCCH:
Hi All,

I have followed and gained a lot from this thread also. We had our baby in 2016 and of course paid all our bills. Trying to renew via drop box now, we got the feedback to schedule interview. My concern mainly is what does this Itemized bill look like? If any body knows could you share a sample pls. Below are what we have

Also some itemized services and there cost - Like 5 of this as well(Is this the so called itemized bill?)

The consular specifically requested for us to bring: Itemized hospital bills & receipt for payment. - What's the difference between these two?

Rgds
Hi. Good evening.
Please did your bill tally with what you paid and was there any discount given on the bill
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by BCCH: 9:22pm On Sep 24, 2018
Yes there was discount. As a self pay patient you usually get discount.
What I really like to know is what itemized bill looks like.
We have been asked to come with "itemised bill from hospital; receipt for payment.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lisaosato: 12:57am On Sep 25, 2018
Lisaosato:
Hello house,

Interesting read so far. Please I have a few questions
1, I read some people where denied visa because the medical bills where too low, how low is too ? I intend to deliver with Dr Xydas and at HNMC in Houston and total medical bill for my proposed CS delivery is roughly $7100 is that too low?

2, A friend suggested I get a letter from a more expensive hospital, secure the visa, then use my less expensive option... is that safe? I don't want anything that will jeopardize my chances of renewal in future, I try as much as possible not to lie on my US visa applications.

3, Does anyone have a sample of a detailed letter from the Nigerian doctor stating the fact that the "condition" cannot be treated in Nigeria? I've tried to explain to my antenatal doctor but he seems to think I'm speaking about "fitness to fly"

Thanks to everyone. Congrats to the mamas who have delivered and success to the ones going for interview and flying and waiting to deliver.

Please anyone with useful info please reply, my interview is in 2 weeks.

After reading through the thread, read over 60 pages tonight alone and my head is banging, I have my answers. I just pray I get the visa and deliver my baby safely so I can rest.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by folmus: 5:21am On Sep 25, 2018
mamast:

There are actually 2 different types of birth certificate.

At my Visa interview, the VO specifically warned me not to put a US address on the birth certificate. Having this in mind, i put my Nigerian address on the request for the birth certificate and the US address for postal address.

However, because the birth certificate didn't come in early by post, i went down to the county office to request for another one. The lady that attended to me asked if i wanted the detailed one or the other one (cant remember how she referred to it). I asked for the detailed one and i got the one that shows addresses, basically all my detail and it had my Nigeria address. When the one i requested by post came later, it was the other type that shows just the names of the baby and parents. There was no address on it. So i have 2 birth certificates in 2 different format

The way the VO admonished the need to use my Nigeria address, i jejely just adhered.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by folmus: 5:33am On Sep 25, 2018
BCCH:
Hi All,

Rgds

Go with everything you have, imo.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vgil100: 10:22am On Sep 25, 2018
Hello house,
Pls can someone give me the email address to send the change of intent letter?what sort of reply should I expect?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Phakabir06: 10:55am On Sep 25, 2018
OmoBendel24

i am a silent reader on this forum. my wife applied for B1/B2 today but was denied. i did my masters in 2014 and i invited my wife for graduation but she didnt come because she was very sick. i came back to nigeria after my masters in 2015. graduation was june 2015 and i came back by september after i collected my certificate. in 2016 we decided to give birth because my wife has high risk pregnancy. i made a call to the embassy to notify and emailed them. my wife traveled on August 1. by that time my F1 visa has expired and i went for a fresh interview and i was granted based on the fact that i want to be with my wife during delivery. she declared at the POE that she wanna gave birth. they spent 2 months and i spent a month. we paid all fees in total of 15kplus because she was induced because of the high risk. i have been to the united states more than 3 times after that. DW didnt know dropbox is 12months before expiration. this june we had to book for appointment in abj. my visa also expired this august. the earliest appointment we could see is september 25 . and since i qualified for dropbox i did the dropbox september 3rd.and it has been on administrative processing since the 17th of september after case opened on the 4th. my wife got denied today based on the fact she has no strong ties. she work as a senior supervisor at cbn. the vo checked the receipts of the hospital and agreed we paid. the duration btw when she got the visa and birth is a year plus. the vo even saw in her system that i did my masters in the states.she even asked if she is willing to give more babies in the future and she said yes. because right now she is pregnant but we are not using the visa for childbirth now but for vacation. then on the next trip we can use it for child birth which her edd is next year march. she was just 2 weeks pregnant when we fill in ds 160. please am sorry for this long message as this is my first time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.