Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1160093 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Quin17: 2:46pm On Jan 17, 2018
[quote author=Supernaturalone post=64274231]
I arrived Texas on 24 Nov (shared my POE experience at the time)

Chai nne, its well, thank God your baby is fine now. Its a pity you went through this stress alone. Jaundice has always been my fear, now i see why we should budget above the hospital and doctors estimates. May God replenish you immensely. I know you cant wait to return....e-hugs

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by debby516(f): 2:53pm On Jan 17, 2018
I am with Zeenayah on this and that's why i read some posts, smh and pass. I also dont respond to pm without looking at ur history on nl.

I had lots of correspondence for Atlanta and LA, even Chicago and louisiana for this my current maternity trip. What did i do? Google, get their contact emails and phone numbers and started reaching out.

When their responses come in, i crossed out the pricey ones. Did i come back here to ask for help/reviews? Yes i did but i was armed with some info. Did i use any of them? Nope. I am back to my old Oakbend nd dr. Z. But the info i ve is mine.

B4 someone starts yarning laziness or nt, i ve met wonderful pple on this thread but its give and take, share, share and share, not come for 'emergency treatment'.

What i see all around now is emergency requests up nd down.

@supernaturalone, congrats once again. Our God will shower you with favour.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Zeenayah: 2:58pm On Jan 17, 2018
God is able to do all things. We thank God you and the baby are fine.. I duff hat for you, am sure you would get a good discount from the hospital by God's grace. this jaundice thing ehn... God is more than able.. Safe trip back.

[quote author=Supernaturalone post=64274231]
I arrived Texas on 24 Nov (shared my POE experience at the time). Had my first appointment with Dr Fagbohun on Tuesday, 28 Nov. I was scheduled for level II ultrasound and some additional tests (no additional payment for these). Dr Fagbohun has 3 different locations, so I ended up visiting the 3 locations depending on what day my weekly appointments were scheduled for and which location he was meant to be. I registered at Oakbend on 04 Dec after my level II ultrasound and paid $3950 for CS.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Supernaturalone: 2:59pm On Jan 17, 2018
My husband was around on that day, so did not need consent letter.

Tnk God for safe delivery. Keep calling them and let them know u r self paid i think the price wud definitely come down.
Pls did u u consent letter from embassy in nig? [b][/b][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Springdance: 3:06pm On Jan 17, 2018
Thridbaby:
Good morning house. please I will like to know the amount I can lodge in an hotel very close to Lagos embassy Lekki. Amount & address pls. thanks

Also try airbnb.com, type Walter carrington in the search
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MadameW: 3:13pm On Jan 17, 2018
Hi everyone, this platform has been of immense help to me; I’ve been studying like I have an exam to write. I had my interview at 10:45am on 11th January, 2018 (Lagos) and it was successful. Please note that this was my first attempt and I’ve not travelled outside Africa before. I went with my burden of proof and a truck load of prayers. I had been watching the guy that interviewed me and was silently praying not to be ushered to him because he was just rejecting everyone....alas! I was directed to this same guy. Here’s my transcript below:
Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning, passport please
Me: Sure (hands over my passport to him)
VO: why do you want to go to the US?
Me: to have my baby
VO: when is your EDD?
Me:xx April
VO: when do you plan to travel?
Me: 1st week in March
VO: Where in the US do you intend to give birth?
Me: Texas
VO: what do you do?
Me: I’m a lawyer, I work with Bleep (an agency of Lagos State)
VO sad looks at his monitor) and you earn Bleep per month (not up to 100k o)
Me: Yes
VO: where outside Nigeria have you been to?
Me: I’ve been to Ghana
VO: So what does your husband do?
Me: head purchasing at xxxxxxxx
VO: what’s his monthly earning?
Me: about Bleep, but I have his pay slips with me
VO: Okay, let me have them
Me: hands over all my financial documents to him, including a sponsorship letter from DH
VO: okay, (skims through the letter) Oh you’re staying with your cousin
Me: Yes
VO: what countries has your husband visited?
Me: he’s been to Ghana, Kenya and Dubai
VO: Okay, any bank statements?
Yes: they’re in the bundle I passed to you earlier
VO: (flips through)
Me: My husband already transferred all the money I need for this trip to my savings account and that’s why we’ve highlighted those transfers in both his bank statement and mine.
VO: Nods
VO: do you have correspondence from a doctor
Me: Yes and hands it over to him
VO: any budget sheet?
Me: sure, hands it over
VO: nodding and typing, then hands all my documents back to me
VO: still typing
VO: so will your husband be joining you?
Me: we’ve not decided yet, but if he’s able to get a visa and time off work he should come
VO: okay, (hands me the white paper) your visa has been approved, you’ll be notified via email and sms on when to pick your passport.
Me: thank you

30 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OnJosh1: 3:24pm On Jan 17, 2018
Supernaturalone:
I arrived Texas on 24 Nov (shared my POE experience

So this is my missionary story! The Bible says in everything, give thanks. I thank God we are alive and well and it will all end in greater praise.

THANK GOD that you and your baby are fine. As advised, tell them you are a self pay patient and that the bill is too high, ask for a reduction especially if you are looking to pay at once. I pray GOD'S Favour for you so that your bill is reduced to what you can afford as is your heart's desire IN JESUS NAME; AMEN

I have a few questions cus I'm doing my research for Passport etc while waiting for baby's arrival, I've got limited time to return to Naija after EDD, so I'm trying to find out what can be done immediately baby arrives and or expedited.

1. How many days did it take to receive your baby's SSN, I've heard of ten days to 3 weeks (Pls do you know if this can be expedited?)

2. Was it at Fort Bend Passport Office that you got expedited Baby's passport in a day? I saw on their website... normal is 4-6weeks and expedited is 3 weeks... a friend just advised me to try Downtown Houston she did hers for 185usd and it took 3 days using dhl... but Fort Bend is closer to me, so I'll appreciate if you can share how you got the one day expedited Passport.

3. What bank card did you use on Amazon? So I used my Stanbic Card and for some reason got a message from Stanbic that the amount was higher than the limit.
I thought the limit was 200usd... what I bought is 183usd. Moreso Amazon that gave me option to pay in Naira (was excited cos the rate was very good) just changed mouth the next day and I saw my order in USD...

Thanks and GOD Bless you and your little one.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by debby516(f): 3:36pm On Jan 17, 2018
Lemme chip in on this.

Using ur naija card on amazon, u will definately be charged higher than 360, GTB charged 367 to a dollar 2 days ago. I dont use naija naira cards on amazon.

For passport at Fortbend county which i did in 2016, it takes 2 weeks to get US passport nd another 5 days thereafter to return baby's birth cert which they will collect from you at the county.

I advise u just pick up ur baby's bc nd head downtiwn for US passport for same day or next day passport.
OnJosh1:

THANK GOD that you and your baby are fine. As advised, tell them you are a self pay patient and that the bill is too high, ask for a reduction especially if you are looking to pay at once. I pray GOD'S Favour for you so that your bill is reduced to what you can afford as is your heart's desire IN JESUS NAME; AMEN

I have a few questions cus I'm doing my research for Passport etc while waiting for baby's arrival, I've got limited time to return to Naija after EDD, so I'm trying to find out what can be done immediately baby arrives and or expedited.

1. How many days did it take to receive your baby's SSN (Do you know if this can be expedited?)

2. Was it at Fort Bend Passport Office that you got expedited Baby's passport in a day? I saw on their website... normal is 4-6weeks and expedited is 3 weeks... a friend just advised me to try Downtown Houston she did hers for 185usd... but Fort Bend is closer to me, so I'll appreciate if you can share how you got the one day expedited Passport.

3. What bank card did you use on Amazon? So I used my Stanbic Card and for some reason got a message from Stanbic that the amount was higher than the limit.
I thought the limit was 200usd... what I bought is 183usd. Moreso Amazon that gave me option to pay in Naira (was excited via the rate was very good) just changed mouth the next day and I saw my order in USD...

Thanks and GOD Bless you and your little one.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by debby516(f): 3:38pm On Jan 17, 2018
Congrats sis. Well done ma.
MadameW:
Hi everyone, this platform has been of immense help to me; I’ve been studying like I have an exam to write. I had my interview at 10:45am on 11th January, 2018 (Lagos) and it was successful. Please note that this was my first attempt and I’ve not travelled outside Africa before. I went with my burden of proof and a truck load of prayers. I had been watching the guy that interviewed me and was silently praying not to be ushered to him because he was just rejecting everyone....alas! I was directed to this same guy. Here’s my transcript below:
Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning, passport please
Me: Sure (hands over my passport to him)
VO: why do you want to go to the US?
Me: to have my baby
VO: when is your EDD?
Me:xx April
VO: when do you plan to travel?
Me: 1st week in March
VO: Where in the US do you intend to give birth?
Me: Texas
VO: what do you do?
Me: [b]I’m a lawyer, [/b]I work with Bleep (an agency of Lagos State)
VO sad looks at his monitor) and you earn Bleep per month (not up to 100k
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OnJosh1: 3:48pm On Jan 17, 2018
debby516:
Lemme chip in on this.

Using ur naija card on amazon, u will definately be charged higher than 360, GTB charged 367 to a dollar 2 days ago. I dont use naija naira cards on amazon.

For passport at Fortbend county which i did in 2016, it takes 2 weeks to get US passport nd another 5 days thereafter to return baby's birth cert which they will collect from you at the county.

I advise u just pick up ur baby's bc nd head downtiwn for US passport for same day or next day passport.

Thanks a whole lot. Downtown Houston it is then.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 4:37pm On Jan 17, 2018
Awesome777:
Thank you Dere5
Plenty of cash would be what amount?

It is relative and It all depends on your budget. Do a a budget sheet,it will give you an Idea of the money needed for the trip.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Quin17: 4:57pm On Jan 17, 2018
MadameW:
Hi everyone,
Me: thank you

Congrats, so nice to read

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Supernaturalone: 5:52pm On Jan 17, 2018
[quote author=OnJosh1 post=64280698]

Amen! Will do that...

1. I don't know of SSN being expedited as I did not look into it. I've read people say here that you can call the office to confirm number. I was discharged on 25th Dec and I got mine in the mail on 4th Jan. That being said, I would have gone ahead with US passport application anyway. I had already filled in zeros on the ds11 form.As all you'll be required to do is to sign a statement at your passport interview, that you've never been issued a SSN

2. I went to the passport agency downtown Houston. Normal time frame at Fort Bend is 4 to 6 weeks and expedited is 2-3 weeks (also stated on their website). This was cutting a bit close to my travel date that's why I went downtown. I was targeting an appointment date for Mon 8th Jan because that was when my husband would be available. I filled in that I needed my passport by 9th Jan as I was to apply for visa, even though the travel date I had at the time was 30 Jan. So when asked at the agency, I told them I was travelling on 30th but needed to apply for visa immediately. We were told to pick up on Wednesday, but requested a next day pick up as my husband was traveling on Wednesday and he would be the one to pick up. I was given the mail in option too but the lady suggested I may not get it till following week. You can choose either pick up or pay for return mail.

3. I used a US bank card on Amazon. If you select pay in Naira on Amazon, Stanbic will still charge you at the going rate so don't be deceived by Naira rate. I work in Stanbic so I know that. Someone has to pay the difference all the same. I'm not even aware that our cards are now open for fx payments.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Supernaturalone: 6:02pm On Jan 17, 2018
Please who has done visa on arrival recently? How long did it take to get the final approval? Applied last Thursday and no approval yet...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Budding: 6:36pm On Jan 17, 2018
Do your homework, you would be confident at POE. I would do my best to respond to most PMs but if I don't respond to you, it is probably because I have not seen your moniker on this thread and I wont just dish out information[color=#990000][/color] I spent months gathering to any agent. [/quote]

So true..I have been following and reading through this thread for months now. Even before I got pregnant.. I used the info gotten here as my guidelines and whenever I got stuck I come back here again to see what can be done.. I have over 15 correspondence from different states..I even got comfy calling the hospitals and asking all the questions to the answers I need and they are always very professional and courteous.
I am not perfect but I feel very confident with myself..so yes it pays to do your homework yourself..

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by shawlar(m): 6:37pm On Jan 17, 2018
Thridbaby:
Good morning house. please I will like to know the amount I can lodge in an hotel very close to Lagos embassy Lekki. Amount & address pls. thanks

Maggiespecial:

I was abt writing this too. Please anyone that know a good and affordable hotel dt is very close to d embassy to please let us know. Or any apartment dt someone can stay for 10days because I dnt intend going bk to my place after d interview b4 traveling because I am from upcountry (meaning not based in Lagos). Please help somebody biko. Thank you

For @Thridbaby: The closest hotel to the embassy at Walter Carrington is Raddison Blue on Ozumba Mbadiwe. I think it costs anything from 80-90k and above. cheesy cheesy cheesy

@Maggiespecial Since you asked for a good and affordable hotel, I think you can choose between Benigold Hotel and Sun Heavens Hotel both on Adeleke Adedoyin street off Kofo Abayomi. (Less than 5mins to the embassy)

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Queen2016: 6:50pm On Jan 17, 2018
Hello house....Its been a while I visited this thread...congratulations to all new mothers and safe delivery to all expectant. I was denied last year, bur my DH couldn't do his interview. Please I will like to know, can we use same visa fee to reapply again this year for vacation? Thanks in response
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by shawlar(m): 7:38pm On Jan 17, 2018
Zeenayah:
I find it very odd that we intend to spend $10,000 or more on going to give birth in America and yet find it so so hard to put a N500 card on their phone and make phone calls to hospitals every week till they find a cost effective hospital to give birth.
This lazy approach to just sending pms or dropping messages urgent I need a hospital in bla bla is not the best. Pls send me the contact of your doctor and hospital. Treat this as a project and stop giving yourself excuses.

We want things to be done for us all the time and 90% of the questions asked are already answered on various parts of this thread.
It just takes research. Type hospitals in Texas, Chicago, Virginia, Pennsylvania in the search bar and narrow it down to the travel section and read. Everytime we all just want to use one particular hospital because that is the cheap one according to somebody, we end up scaring the hospital and they double their prices.

Go on google, type hospitals in Maryland, you would get a list, note it down and start calling them one by one. When you get home from work, it is lunch time in America if it is 8-8:30 or 9-9:30 you dedicate to it, call 3 hospitals every evening on the list you get off google, ask to speak with the financial counselor if you don't find an email address on the hospital's website and make your enquiries, collect their email and send a mail for correspondence purpose. By the time you spend 3 weeks calling 3 hospitals per night, you would get something in your budget range.

When you do all this and get an hospital/shortlist, please go online and also check for user reviews of your choice(s). I'm sure nobody wants to travel and spend dollars just to receive sub-par services. The quality of the service you receive is also very important. You might think you are getting a deal for the quoted price only for you to get there and realize you would have been better attended to at Island Maternity...

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mom2015: 7:53pm On Jan 17, 2018
Good evening all, happy new year to u all. My sister went for her appointment yesterday in lagos. She wasn’t granted a visa. Abeg Sabi mamas and papas help me read thru the transcript and pannel beat it and let’s know where she went wrong. This is her second attempt. For her first attempt in nov, she said she was going for visitation. She is presently 6months gone and The transcript is as follows;
Vo:pass ur passport
Vo: where are u traveling to
Sis:Richmond Virginia
Vo: why do y want to travel to USA
Sis: childbirth purpose
Vo: Have u booked an appointment with ur doctor
Sis:Yes,Would you like to see our correspondence
Vo: Yes,Where does ur husband work
Sis: He’s an inspector at .....
Vo: Where do u work
Sis:I’m a customer service manager at ....
Vo: Why USA not Dubai or europe
Sis: I haven’t had any close relative that has given birth in those countries but my Sis gave birth in USA and she told me she had a wonderful birthing experience that’s y I chose USA
Vo:How much did u budget
Sis: $16,450
Vo: Pass me the budget list, Have u travelled before
Sis: No
Vo: Will ur husband accompany u
Vo:Please pass me the statement of account
He looks at the statement and nods his head
Brings out blue paper and says ........
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Omodadi2: 8:14pm On Jan 17, 2018
mom2015:
Good evening all, happy new year to u all. My sister went for her appointment yesterday in lagos. She wasn’t granted a visa. Abeg Sabi mamas and papas help me read thru the transcript and pannel beat it and let’s know where she went wrong. This is her second attempt. For her first attempt in nov, she said she was going for visitation. She is presently 6months gone and The transcript is as follows;
Vo:pass ur passport
Vo: where are u traveling to
Sis:Richmond Virginia
Vo: why do y want to travel to USA
Sis: childbirth purpose
Vo: Have u booked an appointment with ur doctor
Sis:Yes,Would you like to see our correspondence
Vo: Yes,Where does ur husband work
Sis: He’s an inspector at .....
Vo: Where do u work
Sis:I’m a customer service manager at ....
Vo: Why USA not Dubai or europe
Sis: I haven’t had any close relative that has given birth in those countries but my Sis gave birth in USA and she told me she had a wonderful birthing experience that’s y I chose USA
Vo:How much did u budget
Sis: $16,450
Vo: Pass me the budget list, Have u travelled before
Vo: Will ur husband accompany u
Vo:Please pass me the statement of account
He looks at the statement and nods his head
Brings out blue paper and says ........

Sorry for your sisters' denial.

In all, if you've bin following interview trascrips recently, you'll notice that the reason for choosing US is now a question used to deny people when not answered correctly, I mean adding the dual citizenship purpose which is why most of us all are going there coupled with the First Class healthcare.

The account statement might also have issues, but I think her reason for choosing US that she stated isn't genuine enough.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Susom(f): 8:48pm On Jan 17, 2018
Goodevening, please would like to know the kind of visa to apply for if I am going to have a baby IN THE USA. I dont intend on hiding my intention.

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Omodadi2: 9:25pm On Jan 17, 2018
Susom:
Goodevening, please would like to know the kind of visa to apply for if I am going to have a baby IN THE USA. I dont intend on hiding my intention.

Thank you

B2 visa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Aibisoye0: 9:51pm On Jan 17, 2018
Hello house,

In contact with Dr. F already but itried to reach Dr. Z on phone it keeps going to voicemail. Please who has his contact email....please I have search the net tire. Please help.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mummyethan: 10:35pm On Jan 17, 2018
[quote author=Aibisoye0 post=64290428]Hello house,

In contact with Dr. F already but itried to reach Dr. Z on phone it keeps going to voicemail. Please who has his contact email....please I have search the net tire. Please help.

I sent a pm to your mail. I am also using Dr Z.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mom2015: 10:59pm On Jan 17, 2018
Omodadi2:

Thanks Omodadi2. I haven’t been checking for a while now. Do u think it’s a gud idea to reapply?

In all, if you've bin following interview trascrips recently, you'll notice that the reason for choosing US is now a question used to deny people when not answered correctly, I mean adding the dual citizenship purpose which is why most of us all are going there coupled with the First Class healthcare.

The account statement might also have issues, but I think her reason for choosing US that she stated isn't genuine enough.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Roseey0(f): 1:39am On Jan 18, 2018
Aibisoye0:
Hello house,

Thanks

Can't say if this one is still authentic.
Mk una no ban me o
Aibisoye0:
I don't understand your response..

I posted a pics containing the doc email address . I guess it's against the rules. The pics is hidden already. I will find the original post and refer you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Unfelt: 3:20am On Jan 18, 2018
My thoughts exactly!!
Omodadi2:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mercylicious234: 5:17am On Jan 18, 2018
Hi all,
My uncle, (grandma's youngest brother) is an MD of a hospital in California. He specializes in family practice.
I have not met nor communicated with him before but I intend to call him as I got his contact on internet. He has practiced there for over 40years. Left Naija before the war.

My question is, do you think his hospital births babies? I don't want to make a fool of myself. I want to call him and ask for a discount (not free). I have a place to stay in California, but heard the hospitals in California are expensive hence my interest in calling him for discount.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Supernaturalone: 6:45am On Jan 18, 2018
Anyone with recent experience please or any suggestions on how to get across to the NIS people? Please help a sister!

Supernaturalone:
Please who has done visa on arrival recently? How long did it take to get the final approval? Applied last Thursday and no approval yet...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Aibisoye0: 7:46am On Jan 18, 2018
Thanks will be in touch

[quote author=mummyethan post=64291475][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: aposon07

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.