Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1161876 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Petiteashitta: 2:02pm On Dec 29, 2018
I am considering Dallas cos of the POE and presence of a family friend.....Ans me o my people
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by customised87: 2:44pm On Dec 29, 2018
Njay100:
Good morning beautyful people... lots of info here and am grateful to everyone. I plan to go on my missionary journey by late Jan. although am due by march. Pls i need info on detroit poe n also garden city hospital in Michigan.
I also want to knw if to delay my travel till early feb. Cos am due mid march.
Thanks for d anticipated response.

Hello ma'am, Is this the first time you are travelling to give birth?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by KennyMKO: 3:17pm On Dec 29, 2018
Hawttattoo:
Merry Christmas all..
I'm preparing budget sheet for my interview next year.
I will be travelling with my 3 kids (3yrs-9years)
I arrived at $8,751 ( #3,195million). Please is the budget sufficient for the 4 of us?
Is there anything I need to add?

Please Gurus in the house..help.
Thanks

How long are you staying? If you are staying close to 4 to 5 weeks, then living expenses(feeding and transportation) of $1,500 for 4 ppl is on the low side(Prepare $500-1000 per month). You didn't also mention if you are traveling for just vacation only or there will be childbirth. You need to add childbirth-related expenses if childbirth is part of your travel purposes depending on whether it's CS or VAG. The budget is generally low for the new generation US interview purpose. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aye88: 4:49pm On Dec 29, 2018
goldee29:
Yes it is possible. Keep checking on the site and once you see an earlier date, you cancel your existing appointment. Thereafter go to the home page to book the new date available.

This was the steps used in changing my date from April to January.

Thank you.

Please when did you get your date changed. All the available dates I keep seeing for follow up interview is in June. I have been checking daily to see if it will change even if it's to febuary
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Akorkor(f): 5:36pm On Dec 29, 2018
My dear mama and papa in the house, compliment of the season!!

Please I would like to ask the best way for Dropbox?

Is it advisable to use the previous DS 160 profile for the renewal or to just create a new profile again?

Kindly give me insight please.

Cc justwise
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ciyonna: 7:45pm On Dec 29, 2018
My poe story, Atlanta
I used Delta airlines onthe 15th of December,Lagos to Atlanta. We got into Atlanta around 5.15am and had to wait about 15 minutes for the cbp officials to resume.

Since it was a direct flight from Nigeria,i went to pee first so that some people would go first. When i came out the line had diversified with people from all over. I watched two Nigerians get called for secondary, chai i started calling on God to have mercy. Then it was my turn.
Cbp: goodmorning. I replied him
what are you here for?
Me: Vacation, then I gave a little pause and added and chidbirth. He then asked how long I intend to stay, i said 3and half months.He said why that long? I said I wanted to come while i was still fit to fly.
He looked at me and said why here? I said i had medical issues with this pregnancy thats why i came and also the citizenship it offers my baby.
It was a black cbp official.
cbp official: Have you made any payments to the hospital?
Me:No,will make some deposit when i get in and my husband is coming 2 weeks before my due date.
cbp :when are you due?
Me: told him
cbp: How much do you have with you?
Me: 4k dollars
cbp:Final destination?
Me: Chicago.
cbp: enjoy your stay and stamped me in for six months. It can only be God.
Picked my luggage and made my way to my connecting flight. No bag search,no request for documents. It was my second time in the US and my visa expires in January.
Thanks to people who posted their experiences.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by folmus: 7:52pm On Dec 29, 2018
ciyonna:
My poe story, Atlanta
I used Delta airlines onthe 15th of December,Lagos to Atlanta. We got into Atlanta around 5.15am and had to wait about 15 minutes for the cbp officials to resume.

Since it was a direct flight from Nigeria,i went to pee first so that some people would go first. When i came out the line had diversified with people from all over. I watched two Nigerians get called for secondary, chai i started calling on God to have mercy. Then it was my turn.
what are you here for?
Me: Vacation, then I gave a little pause and added and chidbirth. He then asked how long I intend to stay, i said 3and half months.He said why that long? I said I wanted to come while i was still fit to fly.
He looked at me and said why here? I said i had medical issues with this pregnancy thats why i came and also the citizenship it offers my baby.
Me:No,will make some deposit when i get in and my husband is coming 2 weeks before my due date.
Picked my luggage and made my way to my connecting flight. No bag search,no request for documents. It was my second time in the US and my visa expires in January.
Good one and safe delivery!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Veeii1: 8:10pm On Dec 29, 2018
ciyonna:
My poe story, Atlanta

what are you here for?

Same thing too o. Got in 18th stamped in for 6months. Visa expires in Jan, staying till April.

All the best ma'am

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Phakabir06: 9:11pm On Dec 29, 2018
[quote author=Phakabir06 post=72579425][/quote]OmoBendel24, KennyMKO ,justwise
Please my wife interview is next month. My mother in law is already in the united states for Christmas and new year. And she is hoping to stay with my wife as well when her visa is approved Gods grace. The question on the DS 160 asked if my mother in law is in usa. Then the place where they ask is there anyone accompanying her. Please help me put more light to this. Then I have visa as well but because of work I might just help her during delivery. And our first child who is a citizen wont be going too because of school.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by phunmie306: 9:16pm On Dec 29, 2018
[quote author=ciyonna post=74277071]My poe story, Atlanta

what are you here for?

Thank God and safe delivery in Jesus name Amen
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by oluwaleokey: 10:03pm On Dec 29, 2018
Wow
...Very educating thread.
Please can someone who has no travel history (virgin passport) and have got just a friend in the US be granted visa?
I mean, with the whole Trump's stricter immigration policies
Wifey's pregnancy is just a month old, we wish to start the processes on time, that is, if its possible
I don't have resources to waste if they don't Grant first timers instead she rather jejely deliver here biko
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Njay100: 10:45pm On Dec 29, 2018
customised87:

customised87:

Yes... my last visit was for vacation

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Njay100: 10:48pm On Dec 29, 2018
Hello everyone. I just heard they do now do scan at d airport to knw if one is fit to fly. Pls is this true
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2018
You are her travel partner irrespective of the fact that you are not going on the same day.
Phakabir06:
OmoBendel24, KennyMKO ,justwise
Please my wife interview is next month. My mother in law is already in the united states for Christmas and new year. And she is hoping to stay with my wife as well when her visa is approved Gods grace. The question on the DS 160 asked if my mother in law is in usa. Then the place where they ask is there anyone accompanying her. Please help me put more light to this. Then I have visa as well but because of work I might just help her during delivery. And our first child who is a citizen wont be going too because of school.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 2:39pm On Dec 30, 2018
Yes. All that is needed is to be able to convince the Visa office that you will leave the USA at the end of your stay.
oluwaleokey:
Wow
Please can someone who has no travel history (virgin passport) and have got just a friend in the US be granted visa?
Wifey's pregnancy is just a month old, we wish to start the processes on time, that is, if its possible
I don't have resources to waste if they don't Grant first timers instead she rather jejely deliver here biko
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by flourishing247: 4:18pm On Dec 30, 2018
Go with your instincts. Also where are you delivering? If they have an international airport there by all means use it.
Petiteashitta:
I am considering Dallas cos of the POE and presence of a family friend.....Ans me o my people
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ashedzi: 5:32pm On Dec 30, 2018
Njay100:
Hello everyone. I just heard they do now do scan at d airport to knw if one is fit to fly. Pls is this true
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by KennyMKO: 6:14pm On Dec 30, 2018
Phakabir06:
OmoBendel24, KennyMKO ,justwise

You are accompanying her of course even though not on different flight. Good luck bro.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Phakabir06: 10:04pm On Dec 30, 2018
KennyMKO:
Then how about my mother in law that is already in the states for vacation. And she will also be with us hopefully if they give her visa. She is in Connecticut at the moment for vacation and she will come to Baltimore hopefully if visa is been given.

You are accompanying her of course even though not on different flight. Good luck bro.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Louis09: 2:47am On Dec 31, 2018
Njay100:

Not sure this is true. I was at the airport on thur and they didnt even ask me anything. I got so many compliments of Iya Ibeji safe trip instead. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Louis09: 2:50am On Dec 31, 2018
oluwaleokey:
Wow

This doesn't matter please. Have a friend here now same condition . Although was rejected at first cos she applied with hubby but she was given at second application. They just majorly want your honesty nothing more. Prepare her for questions, check thru past post on questions. Get your documents together and pray. All the best

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Louis09: 2:52am On Dec 31, 2018
oluwaleokey:
Wow
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Toopee: 3:46pm On Dec 31, 2018
Good day great uncles and aunties, I having my interview soon and here are the lists of documents I’m taking to the embassy
International passport
2 passport photographs
Visa fee receipt
Appointment confirmation page
Email correspondence
DS 160 confirmation page
Statement of account (fiancé’s and he’s the sponsor
Budget spreadsheet of a little above $16,000
(Is this amount feasible?)
Doctor’s appointment schedule.

Is there anything I’m missing out? Please, I’d be glad to hear of your opinion(s).
Happy New Year �
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 5:33pm On Dec 31, 2018
Do you run a registered business please put in your business account statement
Tax clearance
Certificate of incorporation
But if you dont but work
The payslip
Bank statements
Introductory letter from employer

Toopee:
Good day great uncles and aunties, I having my interview soon and here are the lists of documents I’m taking to the embassy
International passport
2 passport photographs
Visa fee receipt
Appointment confirmation page
Email correspondence
DS 160 confirmation page
Statement of account (fiancé’s and he’s the sponsor
Budget spreadsheet of a little above $16,000
(Is this amount feasible?)
Doctor’s appointment schedule.

Is there anything I’m missing out? Please, I’d be glad to hear of your opinion(s).
Happy New Year �

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by baddo(m): 9:15pm On Dec 31, 2018
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by blackedwin: 10:28pm On Dec 31, 2018
Hello Madam,
You don't need appointment letter to take to the embassy,just get delivery quotes from the doctor and hospital,prepare your budget sheet,ensure you have that amount in your account statement with that I think you're good to go

chinnycliff2:
Good evening all

Pls I need help o

I've Been trying to get a new doctor since the one I was hoping on messed up. I noticed that all of them are asking me to pay some amount of money to get an acceptance letter for my interview and to also secure my space with the doctor. Dr L.A is $250, Dr Glen is $500 while El Paso is $150

Pls dont they have doctors that don't ask for this fees before getting the acceptance letter? Or is this a General thing. My previous Dr didn't mention anything like this, my pronproblem with her and the hospital is that they deliver people who they started from scratch. From 2months plus.

Pls am a first-time mum and my interview is on the 15th January. I have limited time pls.

Make una help abeg
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Njay100: 11:31pm On Dec 31, 2018
Gilgil:

Go pick it up at DHL. It's ready

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Njay100: 11:34pm On Dec 31, 2018
Louis09:

Not sure this is true. I was at the airport on thur and they didnt even ask me anything. I got so many compliments of Iya Ibeji safe trip instead. cheesy

Good to know. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.