Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1160095 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 3:25am On Jan 06, 2019
I don’t get gerrit
So because we are international patient we should pay 21k dollars...una no go kee person go here sha cheesy
Iamajoyfulmothe:
I think some of us need to start telling ourselves the truth. While I agree that the US appears to be reducing child tourism, this discount issue is a VERY valid matter.

I contacted a hospital in the US and they sent me a self pay bill of about 5k. When I called to get confirmation that it was not discounted, the staff I spoke with at the billing department, confessed that the actual hospital bill is 21k but they make the 5k offer available for self pay patients. She also opened up to say the hospital does have a way of getting the discounted bit back from the government.

Granted, it isn't the fault of those who were ignorant of this but the US embassy is well within their rights to clamp down on this. Imagine how much taxpayers are paying yearly for self pay Obgyn patients like us. E reach to vex

Not everything is a baseless vendetta.

Meanwhile I am guessing some of us here don't realize how difficult it is for foreigners to obtain Nigerian visa or citizenship.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 3:30am On Jan 06, 2019
I agree with you..we are going to face Brazil,Malaysia or mexico cheesy
And we will help boost their economy wink grin
Cos everyone on here blames ya except the USA govt who hasn’t put in place properly something thereby making the whole process have loopholes
Why not put out a law that encourages uniformity amongst these hospitals and their prices
Why not let them know that intl patients can’t not go less than a certain amount
Somebody even said we should pay 21k dolls cos we are intl patients and na our sin plenty pass for this world cheesy
21k dolls kee you there grin
NothingDoMe:
From all I've read so far you can help yourself by doing the following:

1. Ensure you fill your Nigerian address for ALL documents not just Birth certificate please. Hospital records et all should have your Nigerian address. This may make it difficult for hospitals to apply for Medicaid on your behalf since it is obvious that you don't reside in America and cannot be entitled to Medicaid.

2. For now, you can go for a higher priced hospital because it seems to be what they are also considering to detect Medicaid fraud. I do not like this approach because I believe it is the government's responsibility to weed out Medicaid fraud and not yours, but it is what it is.

3. It is not a do or die affair. Trump has stated that he would try to stop birth tourism. Once that happens Nigerians will face another country even if the country na remote island in the middle of nowhere, Nigerians will reach there. We need to consider fixing this nation by fixing ourselves. We can't continue like this. Seriously.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by PreciousNenye: 4:12am On Jan 06, 2019
It’s was quite an experience, I applied for B2 visa on a virgin passport. Went for the interview with bank statements, Doctor’s letter. Answer questions about on why I want to have my baby in the US, Where I work and what’s my salary. The lady reviewed all documents and gave me the white paper. ���
folmus:

Kindly share your experience for others to benefit. I believe you will get response from the mothers but it's good to help those planning too.

Congratulations on your new baby.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by PreciousNenye: 4:12am On Jan 06, 2019
It’s was quite an experience, I applied for B2 visa on a virgin passport. Went for the interview with bank statements, Doctor’s letter. Answer questions about on why I want to have my baby in the US, Where I work and what’s my salary. The lady reviewed all documents and gave me the white paper. ���.
folmus:

Kindly share your experience for others to benefit. I believe you will get response from the mothers but it's good to help those planning too.

Congratulations on your new baby.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by PreciousNenye: 4:15am On Jan 06, 2019
dere5:

Congratulations! Give your location so that people that have given birth in that city or state can give you accurate step by step procedural details of how to go about it and how long the whole process is likely to take.

Hi, how are you doing? Am in Atlanta,Georgia. Thanks for responding.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by PreciousNenye: 4:18am On Jan 06, 2019
Happy New Year everyone. I just delivered my baby boy( 1jan ) Please can anyone help outline the requirements for baby’s US passport and Nigeria visa or passport. I can’t find it on recent post. Thanks n God bless us all. (am in Atlanta).

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 6:29am On Jan 06, 2019
Jenncamp:

I was talking to a financial officer recently about the discount issue offer to self pay patient

Usa operate a zero tolerance policy on fraud so if the embassy or anybody fit the hospital discount offer to international patient is a fraud then the FBI would have been invloved with criminal investigation but it not the case here ..
The discount issue is just a quick way to refuse visa applicant Which cannot be appeal and limited foreign child birth in usa which is a baseless excuse to the hospital because self paying patient are more profitable to the hospital than the insurance company

The bolded at least makes some sense of all you have been posting since. It should be their responsibility to put a stop to the inanities associated with whatever “fraud” this maybe instead of taking it out on international patients without an inkling of what all these entails. They got a fair deal, they took it and made payment in line with the deal! So, why punish them for it rather than fixing this assumed problem from source?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by KennyMKO: 2:30pm On Jan 06, 2019
PreciousNenye:
Happy New Year everyone. I just delivered my baby boy( 1jan ) Please can anyone help outline the requirements for baby’s US passport and Nigeria visa or passport. I can’t find it on recent post. Thanks n God bless us all. (am in Atlanta).

Congratulations PreciousNenye. I only have recent experience of Houston TX not Atlanta Georgia but I guess the process is similar.
First google a place in Atlanta to get your baby boy's birth certificate (I guess your hospital must have sent the birth details with your baby's name to the birth certificate office). Don't bother doing online services or waiting for mails. Go for walk-in services, you can get the certificate that same day.
Afterwards go to US Passport online site to book an appointment for your baby's US passport. Again, go to the office in person to apply(with all the necessary docs:birth certificate, Social security numbers if available, a passport photo of your boy,expedited fee etc). You can get the US Passport between 1-2 days.
For Visa on Arrival, send them an email, I think oa@nigeriaimmigration.com(pls confirm the email) to request for Approval letter for VOA. This letter is what you can use to board when going back to Naija. Then apply for VOA on Nigeria immigration website and pay the required amount. You will get the VOA when you land in Naija.
Please don't forget to add your baby boy to your itinerary back to Naija ASAP.
Good luck.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by goldee29: 3:30pm On Jan 06, 2019
Congratulations on the birth of of your baby boy. What a precious New Year gift.

Could you please give me the cost, name of the Atlanta hospital and Doc used? I am also considering the same location.
Thank you so much.

PreciousNenye:

Hi, how are you doing? Am in Atlanta,Georgia. Thanks for responding.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 06, 2019
PreciousNenye:

For Nigerian passport...see this link...this was the process a year ago

https://www.nairaland.com/4250945/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures/116#67339453

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by gurlnext2u: 9:12pm On Jan 06, 2019

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chanbaby: 10:10pm On Jan 06, 2019
House i had my baby on the 3rd of January. Pls hubby is not with us right. Pls can u people tell me the documents and the process required for notary at the Lagos embassy. Pls it's urgent. thanks alot for the help.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Abiodunnn(f): 11:36pm On Jan 06, 2019
Congratulations on your baby...
You need to book an appointment for him at the embassy and print out his appointment page and the form (i think DS 3053, not sure, please confirm the name)..your DH needs to fill out the forms carefully and go with it to the embassy on his appointment date as well as his International Passport. He will then send the notarized form through DHL to you.
I hope this helps

Chanbaby:
House i had my baby on the 3rd of January. Pls hubby is not with us right. Pls can u people tell me the documents and the process required for notary at the Lagos embassy. Pls it's urgent. thanks alot for the help.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by PreciousNenye: 1:48am On Jan 07, 2019
Thanks.
KennyMKO:

Congratulations PreciousNenye. I only have recent experience of Houston TX not Atlanta Georgia but I guess the process is similar.
First google a place in Atlanta to get your baby boy's birth certificate (I guess your hospital must have sent the birth details with your baby's name to the birth certificate office). Don't bother doing online services or waiting for mails. Go for walk-in services, you can get the certificate that same day.
Afterwards go to US Passport online site to book an appointment for your baby's US passport. Again, go to the office in person to apply(with all the necessary docs:birth certificate, Social security numbers if available, a passport photo of your boy,expedited fee etc). You can get the US Passport between 1-2 days.
For Visa on Arrival, send them an email, I think oa@nigeriaimmigration.com(pls confirm the email) to request for Approval letter for VOA. This letter is what you can use to board when going back to Naija. Then apply for VOA on Nigeria immigration website and pay the required amount. You will get the VOA when you land in Naija.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by PreciousNenye: 1:50am On Jan 07, 2019
Thanks.
Mamaroon:

For Nigerian passport...see this link...this was the process a year ago

https://www.nairaland.com/4250945/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures/116#67339453
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chanbaby: 3:38am On Jan 07, 2019
Abiodunnn:
Congratulations on your baby...
You need to book an appointment for him at the embassy and print out his appointment page and the form (i think DS 3053, not sure, please confirm the name)..your DH needs to fill out the forms carefully and go with it to the embassy on his appointment date as well as his International Passport. He will then send the notarized form through DHL to you.
I hope this helps

Thank u very much for this info it really helped.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 12:20am On Jan 08, 2019
Hello,please which doctor did you use in Houston,what hospital and also accommodation.i need referral please
KennyMKO:

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chanbaby: 12:40am On Jan 08, 2019
Pls it's urgent how is the 50dollars for notary paid? is it paid at the Embassy with card or cash?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chanbaby: 4:47am On Jan 08, 2019
Sparkle1515:
Cos everyone on here blames ya except the USA govt who hasn’t put in place properly something thereby making the whole process have loopholes
Why not put out a law that encourages uniformity amongst these hospitals and their prices
Why not let them know that intl patients can’t not go less than a certain amount
Somebody even said we should pay 21k dolls cos we are intl patients and na our sin plenty pass for this world cheesy

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy. chai u people will not kill somebody with laugh.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by tamsam19: 8:30am On Jan 08, 2019
PreciousNenye:
It’s was quite an experience, I applied for B2 visa on a virgin passport. Went for the interview with bank statements, Doctor’s letter. Answer questions about on why I want to have my baby in the US, Where I work and what’s my salary. The lady reviewed all documents and gave me the white paper. ���

Hi, pls what was your total budget on budget sheet?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mandydaisy: 4:08pm On Jan 08, 2019
Hello house,

Please between Minneapolis and Detroit POE which is better?

Would have preferred JFK but the tickets are way more expensive.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mandydaisy: 4:09pm On Jan 08, 2019
Sorry, double post
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Colouredgirl: 4:52pm On Jan 08, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy who is this person
Sparkle1515:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Abiodunnn(f): 6:18pm On Jan 08, 2019
My DH wasn't asked to pay so i believe it's free

Chanbaby:
Pls it's urgent how is the 50dollars for notary paid? is it paid at the Embassy with card or cash?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by KennyMKO: 6:21pm On Jan 08, 2019
abiscomama:
Hello,please which doctor did you use in Houston,what hospital and also accommodation.i need referral please

I used Houston Northwest Medical Center. Used Dr Xydas. As per accommodation, go to airbnb to choose your budget. Accommodation is based on your budget, duration and how many ppl with you.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Gloriagee(f): 9:27pm On Jan 08, 2019
No payment required

Chanbaby:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Meded: 10:34pm On Jan 08, 2019
Happy Neeyear everyone..pls I just wana confirm and be sure..is PRIVATE PAY DIFF FROM SELF PAY OR ITS D SAME
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mandydaisy: 11:18pm On Jan 08, 2019
Meded:
Happy Neeyear everyone..pls I just wana confirm and be sure..is PRIVATE PAY DIFF FROM SELF PAY OR ITS D SAME

It's thesame
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chanbaby: 5:27am On Jan 09, 2019
Gloriagee:
No payment required

@Abiodunnn thank u very much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jaykinde: 7:56am On Jan 09, 2019
Hi, Please did you get a good hospital in Dallas. Can you share details with me

quote author=debopopson post=71867909]Hello House,
Good job going on here...I have been getting quotes from hospitals and surprisingly I don't seem to get anything close to the amounts mentioned here...e.g. oakbend sent me a quote of 5,450usd, JPS Network in Dallas forthworth sent an hospital bill of 9,000usd, Emory hospital, GA sent a bill of 9,888usd (all inclusive), etc

on Instagram I see people offering ridiculous offers in different states and they will tell u that payment will be made to the hospital and it sounds real.

I try to look for such discounts. ..where do I see them??[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Grubsk: 10:15am On Jan 09, 2019
Mandydaisy:
Hello house,

Please between Minneapolis and Detroit POE which is better?

Would have preferred JFK but the tickets are way more expensive.

I got delta air direct flight to jfk for feb for 298k return ticket don’t know if they are still doing the promo. Please check
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Grubsk: 10:20am On Jan 09, 2019
Please house I need help what do you think US embassy is asking for base on the below statement?

“If the purpose of your travel is childbirth, you should also include a detailed birth plan.”

Am yet to get a date for the second interview base on the intent letter I sent in but am getting all my documents ready ahead of time.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.