Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,482 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1159967 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nasadiva: 9:57pm On Jan 14, 2019
ozycy:

About accommodation, When are you leaving to Houston?
See who is here!! Baby Number what? *running as fast as my legs can carry me* Lol. Missed ya.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Bosayo: 3:07am On Jan 15, 2019
Hello guys, I have a question on Visa on Arrival.

Am i to pay the fee after sending my child's application? or Will i get confirmation mail from them before proceeding to make payment?

Please help a sister.

Thank You
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by teamchocolate: 9:08am On Jan 15, 2019
teamchocolate:

Thank you so much for your response. Do you think re-applying to Canada alone may increase my chances or I should apply as a family like we did before. And will getting a letter of invitation help even if it’s from a PR?
Pls house na beg I dey beg o help me reason my matter. Apply alone this time or together?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by teehey: 3:01pm On Jan 15, 2019
Kween2014:
Hello everyone, please i need help on my baby's visa on arrival. I have sent multiple emails to them with no response. I have also called severally and they keep telling me to call back and we are due to leave in 2 days. I urgently need an intervention. Mr Ozymes or anyone who can help pls?

Good Morning my sister, please did you eventually got reply from NIS for the VOA, How did you make payment(was it online before u left US or cash at their counter in Nigeria.
please I need ur urgent reply. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 7:01pm On Jan 15, 2019
Nasadiva:

See who is here!! Baby Number what? *running as fast as my legs can carry me* Lol. Missed ya.
Wow, good to see you pop in here again. No baby for now, I haff hang boot grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by KennyMKO: 2:48am On Jan 16, 2019
teehey:

Good Morning my sister, please did you eventually got reply from NIS for the VOA, How did you make payment(was it online before u left US or cash at their counter in Nigeria.
please I need ur urgent reply. Thank you

Good day, this question was not directed to me but I had same experience around the same period and I can answer your question.
I am sure the sister eventually got her VOA Approval letter reply from NIS. If you sent a mail and you didn't get a reply or an acknowledgement, try and call their mobile numbers. I guess NIS had a lot of people calling them at that period, so they were replying close to when your flight is but you will definitely get the approval letter before you leave.
As per online application and payment, you may apply and pay before you leave US or pay when you land at Lagos but just ensure you have a working card ready as they say it's illegal to pay with cash (as stated on their website). Good luck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chanbaby: 3:32am On Jan 16, 2019
KennyMKO:

Good day, this question was not directed to me but I had same experience around the same period and I can answer your question.
I am sure the sister eventually got her VOA Approval letter reply from NIS. If you sent a mail and you didn't get a reply or an acknowledgement, try and call their mobile numbers. I guess NIS had a lot of people calling them at that period, so they were replying close to when your flight is but you will definitely get the approval letter before you leave.
As per online application and payment, you may apply and pay before you leave US or pay when you land at Lagos but just ensure you have a working card ready as they say it's illegal to pay with cash (as stated on their website). Good luck.
Thanks for ur response kindly put up the mobile number to be called. cos a friend had similar issue of no response and had to pay someone 30k b4 she could get a reply from them.
Another mama didn't get the visa on arrival confirmation letter and she wasn't allow to fly to najia after flying from San Antonio to Houston.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by caleb404: 9:11am On Jan 16, 2019
Good morning all, my daughter applied for a US visa and got it. Passport was delivered to DHL, but we were not able to get it on time, and now it has being returned back to the US embassy/consulate. Please how do we get the passport back?

Is there a procedure, number, email, or what do we have to do? I have emailed the Abuja Consulate but i got a generic answer with non referring to this situation. Please help.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oleayo22(f): 7:21pm On Jan 16, 2019
Hello everyone
Pls I want to start visa on arrival for my baby though we are not leaving until first week in March. I just need the page so I can read up on it.
Then is it too soon for me to apply?
Cc Oga @Ozymes.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Yettyolaseni: 3:33am On Jan 17, 2019
I met the lady at d airport (Houston, Texas) too.
But eventually she sent her hubby to Abuja airport with all documenentations and VOA was given to him on Monday and she paid $598 to emirate for rescheduling and no hotel was booked too.
Is better to give someone 30k if requested than d waste.
Am sure she spent more than $700 before she left Houston on Monday.
God help our Country Nigeria

Chanbaby:

Thanks for ur response kindly put up the mobile number to be called. cos a friend had similar issue of no response and had to pay someone 30k b4 she could get a reply from them.
Another mama didn't get the visa on arrival confirmation letter and she wasn't allow to fly to najia after flying from San Antonio to Houston.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Akorkor(f): 9:46am On Jan 17, 2019
I think is always better to be patient and follow due diligence as a citizen which I feel that a lot of Nigerians don't do. We always like to cut corners and want things done faster. If you want VOA, why can't we start the process on time instead of giving bribe and encouraging corruption as always. To end corruption start with all of us. '' A word is enough for the wise''

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 6:30pm On Jan 17, 2019
caleb404:
Good morning all, my daughter applied for a US visa and got it. Passport was delivered to DHL, but we were not able to get it on time, and now it has being returned back to the US embassy/consulate. Please how do we get the passport back?

Is there a procedure, number, email, or what do we have to do? I have emailed the Abuja Consulate but i got a generic answer with non referring to this situation. Please help.

Tell your daughter to phone them and explain herself.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 9:09pm On Jan 17, 2019
Apply in Mid February
Oleayo22:
Hello everyone
Pls I want to start visa on arrival for my baby though we are not leaving until first week in March. I just need the page so I can read up on it.
Then is it too soon for me to apply?
Cc Oga @Ozymes.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oleayo22(f): 9:20pm On Jan 17, 2019
ozymes:
Apply in Mid February
OK thank you sir
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by tejumadekola: 11:17pm On Jan 18, 2019
Hello house! Thank you all for the helpful information here. I’m just about to begin my application process and I need good and affordable hospital suggestions in Dallas so I can start up a conversation with the hospital before applying for my visa at the end of the month. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Summerrr: 3:36am On Jan 19, 2019
Hi, has anyone recently travelled to the US on the ESTA visa waiver program (UK/NZ/AUS passport for example) to give birth? Stating true intentions at the POE is obviously important but technically on the ESTA website it says: "You plan to travel to the United States for business or pleasure." Wondering if birth can really be included in either category...

I remember @Amazing01 entered on a British passport before but not sure how to DM.

TIA.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by QUEENBIZ: 9:00am On Jan 19, 2019
Good day to you my people. I will like to share with you my recent findings on lists of countries that gives citizenship on jus soli apart from the U.S. We have made the perfect decision on securing the future of our children and I pray that we will all reap the fruit of our labour by Gods grace. Let’s not put all our eggs in one basket, Nigeria will be great again someday but there is no wrong in securing the future of our children if we the parents don’t have such opportunity. Let’s explore other countries like Brazil, Chile, Canada, Panama and Babadox.
God bless our children all

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by isysleek: 11:01am On Jan 19, 2019
Good morning all.

Please mamas who have used Henrico Doctors in Virginia, please what is the cheapest way to get to Richmond Virginia from the Washington Dulles Airport?

Also, how were you able to move around during you stay(rent a car or uber etc)?

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Leez29: 11:01am On Jan 19, 2019
Any NJ bound with apartment from February pls hola. Need to share or any suggestions where to get good pocket-friendly accomodation
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by CTMR: 3:28pm On Jan 19, 2019
Hello.
They expect you to walk in for the interview within the timeframe in the email. I was at the embassy with my husband to make enquires about booking a date for appointment yesterday.

Grubsk:

Am waiting for them to advice when I can come in for interview as I have all the documents and proof of payment to go with.

I was told they have to send you a link to pick a date ; still waiting for their reply or link; if not I will call them tomorrow morning.

Thank you sooo much.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 9:55pm On Jan 19, 2019
isysleek:
Good morning all.

Please mamas who have used Henrico Doctors in Virginia, please what is the cheapest way to get to Richmond Virginia from the Washington Dulles Airport?

Also, how were you able to move around during you stay(rent a car or uber etc)?

Thank you.

Cab, if you have a nice host that can pick you up, it will save you a whole lot of $$$. Where are you staying?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kiaso82: 8:48am On Jan 20, 2019
Good Morning all... I did my Dropbox in December 2018 and just got a text message this January 2019 that my passport is ready for pick up... also got an email confirming same. But before then I tracked it online and noticed it showed me on the dash board available appointment date. Please does this mean I am being invited for interview or what... I am yet to collect my passport. Did not receive any call or sms inviting me.

Can anyone advice on what to Do, as this is strange to me...

Kings
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kesspru: 9:42am On Jan 20, 2019
I noticed we are no longer discussing this issue of letter of intent again. Please house anyone heard anything so far. Please.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Grubsk: 10:12am On Jan 20, 2019
Hello House,
So I finally went for my 2nd interview last week Monday below is my transcript

VO: Hello, how are you doing? Thank you so much for informing us about your intention and we really appreciate you coming in.

Me: not a problem
(Meanwhile behind her was a white lady and a white man whom I assume is the Interviewer’s supervisors)

VO: there have been a lot of medical insurance fraud in the US and we are trying to manage it the little way we can; most hospitals give you a lower cost for child birth and afterward they go back to claim it from insurance and we are trying to reduce it by making sure you are going to the right hospital; please can you show me your correspondence between you and the hospital?

Me: sure (handed her the papaer)

VO: thank you; you are going to New Jersey and why New Jersey?

Me: I have family and friends in New Jersey who will assist me during my stay

VO: oh okay; I can see that you have been offered $8k for CS and the cost of childbirth in New Jersey is approximately $16k which means they will later go and claim the balance on your behalf.

ME: oh is that what they do? Wow that not good. If I was given a higher price I could have plan for it and if it’s something we can afford definitely we will go for it, we can afford it, it’s something I can actually afford on my own if that was the cost they gave me.

VO: okay so where do you work and what do you do?

ME: (I told them)

VO: and your husband ?

ME: ( I told them)

VO: okay can you please give me a minute let me talk to my supervisors?

ME: Sure not a problem

( aunty mute the microphone spoke to the people behind and I could literally hear their conversation)

VO: please can you do something for me?

ME: sure what is it?

VO: can you look for another hospital in New Jersey that can give you the right bill, I understand you have family in New Jersey but they are other cheaper states where you can have you baby
(And she looks back, talking to her supervisors “do I need to take her passport? “ Oga said “no we are not revoking her visa so we don’t need her passport”
And she turns back to me after bringing out a white paper )
Can you send in your correspondence with the new hospital and attached your bank statement and send it to this Dhl address, since we are not revoking your visa I don’t think we need your passport.

ME: okay thanks, so how long will it take to hear back from you?

VO: just send it in and we will get back to you via email as soon as possible.

ME: okay thanks

Packed my papers and I left meanwhile I had arranged myself for Canada all I had to do was hit send if they try to denied me; so my confidence level was intact and I know with a valid VISA your chances of getting Canada visa was high so I was ready for them.

I have started looking for hospital though really wish I can get list of states in the US and their maternity cost. Google is just giving me incomplete information. Please if you have or have seen any link share with me. I will also advice we avoid Texas cos with what i see Texas and New Jersey are on the same category when it comes to cost.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Bide10: 1:45pm On Jan 20, 2019
[quote author=Grubsk post=74937286]Hello House,

What hospital are you using?

I also went back for a second interview on the 17th and all the VO told me was to make sure I get all my itemised bill and ask as many questions as possible concerning the price to make sure they aren't passing it to insurance.

My hospital is also in New Jersey. Leaving on the 31st.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by adycatus: 2:38pm On Jan 20, 2019
Grubsk:
Hello House,

VO: Hello, how are you doing? Thank you so much for informing us about your intention and we really appreciate you coming in.

(Meanwhile behind her was a white lady and a white man whom I assume is the Interviewer’s supervisors)

VO: there have been a lot of medical insurance fraud in the US and we are trying to manage it the little way we can; most hospitals give you a lower cost for child birth and afterward they go back to claim it from insurance and we are trying to reduce it by making sure you are going to the right hospital; please can you show me your correspondence between you and the hospital?

VO: oh okay; I can see that you have been offered $8k for CS and the cost of childbirth in New Jersey is approximately $16k which means they will later go and claim the balance on your behalf.

ME: oh is that what they do? Wow that not good. If I was given a higher price I could have plan for it and if it’s something we can afford definitely we will go for it, we can afford it, it’s something I can actually afford on my own if that was the cost they gave me.

( aunty mute the microphone spoke to the people behind and I could literally hear their conversation)

VO: can you look for another hospital in New Jersey that can give you the right bill, I understand you have family in New Jersey but they are other cheaper states where you can have you baby
(And she looks back, talking to her supervisors “do I need to take her passport? “ Oga said “no we are not revoking her visa so we don’t need her passport”
Can you send in your correspondence with the new hospital and attached your bank statement and send it to this Dhl address, since we are not revoking your visa I don’t think we need your passport.

Packed my papers and I left meanwhile I had arranged myself for Canada all I had to do was hit send if they try to denied me; so my confidence level was intact and I know with a valid VISA your chances of getting Canada visa was high so I was ready for them.

I have started looking for hospital though really wish I can get list of states in the US and their maternity cost. Google is just giving me incomplete information. Please if you have or have seen any link share with me. I will also advice we avoid Texas cos with what i see Texas and New Jersey are on the same category when it comes to cost.

Pls where did u have it interview? Abuja or Lagos?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by adycatus: 2:40pm On Jan 20, 2019

[/quote
Pls where did u have ur interview? Abuja or Lagos?]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Grubsk: 3:23pm On Jan 20, 2019
[quote author=Bide10 post=74942558][/quote]

Which hospital are you using in New Jersey and what area will you be staying?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Grubsk: 3:25pm On Jan 20, 2019
[quote author=adycatus post=74944193][/quote]

Lagos
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 5:04pm On Jan 20, 2019
Kiaso82:
Good Morning all... I did my Dropbox in December 2018 and just got a text message this January 2019 that my passport is ready for pick up... also got an email confirming same. But before then I tracked it online and noticed it showed me on the dash board available appointment date. Please does this mean I am being invited for interview or what... I am yet to collect my passport. Did not receive any call or sms inviting me.

Kings

Most very likely you have been scheduled for a follow up interview. The surest way to confirm is when you get your passport back if there is a visa in it or not, and if not, visit your dashboard click on the available appointment date and it will take you to a date, if you are not satisfied with that date, wait for a while and visit again until you see a date you are conformable with and lock it down.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by boladet: 5:09pm On Jan 20, 2019

Nice this is like a breath of fresh air!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ebony84: 8:34pm On Jan 20, 2019
Yes..you are most likely being invited for interview. Same thing happened to me..picked up my passport and it was blank, with a letter to book 221g interview.

All the best!

Kiaso82:

Kings

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.