Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,399 members, 7,781,152 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:53 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1150823 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (451) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Momo13: 3:13pm On Feb 22, 2019
Hello people,
Does anyone here have experience with renewing visas for their kids?
I would Like To know if it is possible to book an appointment using my profile or if i have to create another for my daughter.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by JMarines: 3:31pm On Feb 22, 2019
jayfierce:
I am hopeful that you get the Visa at the next try. You need a different hospital and one with a higher amount and not under their radar.

Also you shouldn't use your American address when filling those documents except for mail delivery. It makes the Visa Officers believe that you used public funds. This has been discussed extensively on this thread.

Goodluck.

Amen.
Thank you for your in-depth analysis and bringing this to my knowledge.
I was oblivious of this( the address).

I am currently searching for other hospitals.
Is it safe to use a hospital in the same state( Like Memorial Hermann), as I have made some prepayments to my gynecologist who consults with this hospital?

Secondly, would it be advisable to apply with my DH( He has a fair travel history because the nature of his job doesn’t afford him time to and hasn’t been to the US before as he was denied )?

Thanks again, I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by musspuss: 3:36pm On Feb 22, 2019
Ah I see. Thanks a lot for the clarification.
jayfierce:
The problem starts with the itemized bill. If they are going to give you an itemized bill that shows you paid exactly what you are billed then no wahala.

If your itemized bill carries 20k and you paid 10k then you may have a problem.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jayfierce(m): 4:45pm On Feb 22, 2019
JMarines:

Amen.
Thank you for your in-depth analysis and bringing this to my knowledge.
I was oblivious of this( the address).

I am currently searching for other hospitals.
Is it safe to use a hospital in the same state( Like Memorial Hermann), as I have made some prepayments to my gynecologist who consults with this hospital?

Secondly, would it be advisable to apply with my DH( He has a fair travel history because the nature of his job doesn’t afford him time to and hasn’t been to the US before as he was denied )?

Thanks again, I appreciate.
The state doesn't matter except in the area of cost. If you can avoid discounts it will help a lot with your next application. You can tell the hospital to give you the price without any discounts.

Why was hubby denied? Did he apply to go with you on your previous trip?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by JMarines: 5:40pm On Feb 22, 2019
jayfierce:
The state doesn't matter except in the area of cost. If you can avoid discounts it will help a lot with your next application. You can tell the hospital to give you the price without any discounts.

Why was hubby denied? Did he apply to go with you on your previous trip?

Okay, thanks.
No he didn’t.
I was at school in the UK then and had my visa already (applied in London).
He applied to go for a Conference and was given the generic blue paper.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aye88: 6:04pm On Feb 22, 2019
jayfierce:
The problem starts with the itemized bill. If they are going to give you an itemized bill that shows you paid exactly what you are billed then no wahala.

If your itemized bill carries 20k and you paid 10k then you may have a problem.

Infact you are 100 percent accurate. The problem is with the itemized bill. Hospital will give you an itemized bill of 25k and you end up paying 6k. I don't know of this hospitals can adjust these itemized bill to reflect what was paid. However there are still some cheap hospitals in the US under 10k. No discounts, itemized bill shows exactly what was paid. How to locate that hospital is the issue now.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jayfierce(m): 6:43pm On Feb 22, 2019
JMarines:

Okay, thanks.
No he didn’t.
I was at school in the UK then and had my visa already (applied in London).
He applied to go for a Conference and was given the generic blue paper.
I think you should apply alone. You almost got it this time around. Let's sort that out first of all. He can always apply later.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by sandra157: 7:38pm On Feb 22, 2019
sandra157:
Any Houston/El Paso bound mama’s for July, 2019. Kindly send me an email if interested in shared accommodation. Thanks

Pls send a message thebusybrowser@yahoo.co.uk Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by JMarines: 8:27pm On Feb 22, 2019
jayfierce:
I think you should apply alone. You almost got it this time around. Let's sort that out first of all. He can always apply later.

Thanks, thanks, thanks!
You are more than wonderful.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 9:00pm On Feb 22, 2019
tombeck:

Please somebody should reply me. Thank you
I don't think this should present any problem
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Elo2020(f): 10:56am On Feb 23, 2019
Elo2020:
Good-day House

I went for visa interview 31st January & i was given a white sheet stating administrative processing & my hospital/dr correspondence plus bank statement were taken.
Also my passport was taken by the VO as well & she said i ll be contacted soon.
Please would like to know when i’m likely to get a reply/my passport back from the embassy, or should i send a mail to them.
Please Help!!!

Update; i still haven’t been contacted by the Embassy. Pls what can i do about the situation?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Greatg0809: 11:29am On Feb 23, 2019
Leez29:
Hello Mommas , hope everyone is doing fine. My trip went on quite smoothly - came in through JFK from Lagos with airfrance . Then took Delta flight to Elpaso through Atlanta, it was quite a tirey journey but glad I went through JFK .
My visa had expired but I dint do Dropbox as I saw from this thread that most people got called for interview so I quietly donated myself for a fresh interview without dropbox to save time and stories .
Using Doctoresparati letter (same I used in 2015 when I had my son) I applied with my sister (since am going with my son and will need help) but she was rejected. So I was scarred to apply for my mum cos of someones experience here as well.
My mum's visa was approved no much question only asked why she was going , my visa page, how many kids and grandkids she had.
When we got to JFK, I showed the officers my son America passport and she asked I join the citizen line and go ahead to do the self machine stuff. I stayed on the line for five mins and the officer asked me only one question - how long are you here for and I told him 3months and he stamped me and said have a nice stay . That was it , no agriculture though I had few food items and had a little below $10k as I dint want to waste time declaring.
I bless God for His favor cos we were treated like we just came back to our country. No hassles , no questions , nothing .
Am in Elpaso now in a very comfy accomodation I secured through airbnb -
Sorry for my long writeup. I wish everyone going for interview and those who have gotten visa a safe trip and safe delivery for all of us. May God grant us favor and above all Wisdom in making any decision.
Pls we’re u asked about discount
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by JMarines: 12:59pm On Feb 23, 2019
Leez29:
Hello Mommas , hope everyone is doing fine. My trip went on quite smoothly - came in through JFK from Lagos with airfrance . Then took Delta flight to Elpaso through Atlanta, it was quite a tirey journey but glad I went through JFK .
My visa had expired but I dint do Dropbox as I saw from this thread that most people got called for interview so I quietly donated myself for a fresh interview without dropbox to save time and stories .
Using Doctoresparati letter (same I used in 2015 when I had my son) I applied with my sister (since am going with my son and will need help) but she was rejected. So I was scarred to apply for my mum cos of someones experience here as well.
My mum's visa was approved no much question only asked why she was going , my visa page, how many kids and grandkids she had.
When we got to JFK, I showed the officers my son America passport and she asked I join the citizen line and go ahead to do the self machine stuff. I stayed on the line for five mins and the officer asked me only one question - how long are you here for and I told him 3months and he stamped me and said have a nice stay . That was it , no agriculture though I had few food items and had a little below $10k as I dint want to waste time declaring.
I bless God for His favor cos we were treated like we just came back to our country. No hassles , no questions , nothing .
Sorry for my long writeup. I wish everyone going for interview and those who have gotten visa a safe trip and safe delivery for all of us. May God grant us favor and above all Wisdom in making any decision.

I thank God for grace and wish you a safe delivery.
Could you share your medical budget for this delivery?
Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by JMarines: 1:05pm On Feb 23, 2019
Elo2020:

Update; i still haven’t been contacted by the Embassy. Pls what can i do about the situation?

I had my interview on the 11th of February and haven’t been contacted till today.
However, you can check your status online through their website by inputting your interview location, DS-160 number!(which was what I did)
Also, it is stated on the white sheet, the approximate number of days(about 60 days or so)you should wait for before reaching out to them.
That’s if you don’t get to hear from them.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by nasohian: 9:32pm On Feb 23, 2019
Please does anyone give info of any affordable hospital in Denver.
Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nonkala: 10:00pm On Feb 23, 2019
Pls if one wants to reapply, can u use same application no on ds 160 or u must fill Ds 160 afresh before scheduling an appointment
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Leez29: 1:37am On Feb 24, 2019
No because the letter the hospital and OBGYN wrote specifically addressed the issue about the discount (I requested for them to address that clause)
Greatg0809:

Pls we’re u asked about discount
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by sandra157: 2:57am On Feb 24, 2019
Leez29:
Hey mama. Pls send an email of this accommodation package via air bnb. I’d appreciate
thebusybrowser@yahoo.com

Many thanks and safe delivery
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by folmus: 3:46am On Feb 24, 2019
Nonkala:
Pls if one wants to reapply, can u use same application no on ds 160 or u must fill Ds 160 afresh before scheduling an appointment

Fill a fresh one.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Fabbmum: 7:26am On Feb 24, 2019
Hello mums,
Please I need your advice, I got to chicago 2 weeks ago n signed the self pay contract last week (6,400) at cook county hospital,I went into labour Friday morning (37wks6 days)arnd 1am n I met my son 3 hours after,I rested on Friday,on Saturday morning I dressed up to go and settle my bill downstairs but the nurses said the billing office does not open during the weekend,the challenge now is that I will be discharged on Sunday but being discharged without paying nullifies the contract, I am confused should I stay an extra day n pay 600$ and not be discharged to enable me settle my bill on Monday,kindly advise.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by IyawoToBe(f): 7:46am On Feb 24, 2019
k
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Fabbmum: 8:19am On Feb 24, 2019
Thanks for your quick response, were u able to get your zero balance letter
What year was that?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mulberry: 9:53am On Feb 24, 2019
nasohian:
Please does anyone give info of any affordable hospital in Denver.
Thanks.

I used Rose medical center back in 2016. There are cheaper options but I wouldn’t advise them due to current trends in visa renewal
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kezz15: 11:01am On Feb 24, 2019
Hello everyone,
I would like to have my baby in Chicago ; is there any recommendations/suggestions on Dr / hospital to use in my visa application.

Thanks.
P.S has any one used mercy hospital in Chicago? What was our experience with VO?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TB28: 11:05am On Feb 24, 2019
Kezz15:
Hello everyone,
I would like to have my baby in Chicago ; is there any recommendations/suggestions on Dr / hospital to use in my visa application.

Thanks.
P.S has any one used mercy hospital in Chicago? What was our experience with VO?

Hello,

A friends wife just gave birth to twins at RUSH hospital, said he paid $12k was discounted from $17k.

This is what he told me, I didn’t ask questions.

You can check them out.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oleayo22(f): 11:51am On Feb 24, 2019
@KennyMKO, @Chanbaby @ozymes
Please could you share the approval letter you got after you applied for visa on arrival here.
I got a response of them acknowledging my application but was told to visit nearest Nigerian embassy to apply for visa.
Am meant to travel in 2weeks time. Please help.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 12:01pm On Feb 24, 2019
That is not normal, please.
Oleayo22:
@KennyMKO, @Chanbaby @ozymes
Please could you share the approval letter you got after you applied for visa on arrival here.
I got a response of them acknowledging my application but was told to visit nearest Nigerian embassy to apply for visa.
Am meant to travel in 2weeks time. Please help.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Starmate: 12:13pm On Feb 24, 2019
Leez29:
No because the letter the hospital and OBGYN wrote specifically addressed the issue about the discount (I requested for them to address that clause)
Good day,pls I don't understand you
How did u address the clause
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by nasohian: 2:35pm On Feb 24, 2019
Thanks for your response.
Please what was Rose medical center cost like for normal and CS delivery?
Please are you implying there are cheaper options than Rose Medical Center?if yes what are they. Am not really interested in birthing centers or midwife homes.
Also what's the issue with these cheaper options as related to visa renewal?
Thanks.
mulberry:

I used Rose medical center back in 2016. There are cheaper options but I wouldn’t advise them due to current trends in visa renewal
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by nasohian: 3:17pm On Feb 24, 2019
Thanks for your response.
Please what was Rose medical center cost like for normal and CS delivery?
Please are you implying there are cheaper options than Rose Medical Center?if yes what are they. Am not really interested in birthing centers or midwife homes.
Also what's the issue with these cheaper options as related to visa renewal?
Thanks.
mulberry:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Elo2020(f): 4:34pm On Feb 24, 2019
JMarines:

I had my interview on the 11th of February and haven’t been contacted till today.
However, you can check your status online through their website by inputting your interview location, DS-160 number!(which was what I did)
Also, it is stated on the white sheet, the approximate number of days(about 60 days or so)you should wait for before reaching out to them.
That’s if you don’t get to hear from them.

Thank you so much. Its taking so long as i did mine on 31st January & i’m due date is almost getting close. I’d just be patient & wait.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oleayo22(f): 7:17pm On Feb 24, 2019
ozymes:
That is not normal, please.
Should I resend the email again or wait till the week am meant to travel. W
What do you think?

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (451) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.