Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1162221 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aamey15: 7:12am On Mar 19, 2019
Okay so you mean agents can get doctors appointment from Cook county. Just to be sure. Thank you.

uote author=Nersh post=76659827]

I used an agent. [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aamey15: 7:42am On Mar 19, 2019
Good day all,
Please i have a few question but will give a brief history. Had my lo in 2016 and got the visa in 2015(truly didnt know i was pregnant) and when hubby and I wanted to renew our visa last year we did the dropbox but we were called in for interview. Luckily for us we were granted the visa.The interview was long but thankfully the VO believed us and we explained we didnt know i was pregnant at the time(he counted backwards and realised i must have been 3 weeks gone or so). The total fees I paid was about 4k for my selfpay package at cook county in Chicago and at the time the VO said it was cheap but i told him thats what we paid. At the end of the interview he stated that if i want to go for my next delivery i must apply for medical visa only and must not use my normal B1/B2 visa for birth.
So we used the visa to travel for summer last year but mama is pregnant now and due around Sept.
Question:
Do i apply for the medical visa and have the current one cancelled coz from the look of things people are getting denied
Can i just risk using this B1B2 which expires in december to give birth
I am just confused coz i dont wanna do over sabi but scared the man might have written those notes in my file and POE might be difficult even renewal.

Sorry for my long epistle people.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 10:08am On Mar 19, 2019
aamey15:
Good day all,
Please i have a few question but will give a brief history. Had my lo in 2016 and got the visa in 2015(truly didnt know i was pregnant) and when hubby and I wanted to renew our visa last year we did the dropbox but we were called in for interview. Luckily for us we were granted the visa.The interview was long but thankfully the VO believed us and we explained we didnt know i was pregnant at the time(he counted backwards and realised i must have been 3 weeks gone or so). The total fees I paid was about 4k for my selfpay package at cook county in Chicago and at the time the VO said it was cheap but i told him thats what we paid. At the end of the interview he stated that if i want to go for my next delivery i must apply for medical visa only and must not use my normal B1/B2 visa for birth.
So we used the visa to travel for summer last year but mama is pregnant now and due around Sept.
Question:
Do i apply for the medical visa and have the current one cancelled coz from the look of things people are getting denied
Can i just risk using this B1B2 which expires in december to give birth
I am just confused coz i dont wanna do over sabi but scared the man might have written those notes in my file and POE might be difficult even renewal.

Sorry for my long epistle people.

Those notes are definitely there. Turning up for an interview should be the correct and most appropriate thing to do still, especially having previously resolved the former birthing at an interview with them. But like you I’m more afraid that $4K matter may just come up and affect your application much more than the timing of the previous pregnancy.

One thing is certain, if you don’t take the “risk” of going in for an interview now, you may have to use a crane to pull down everything US Embassy to ever renew that visa, like a camel passing through the needle’s eye precisely.... Difficult as it seems, It’s in your best interest to do it now please!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Greatg0809: 10:09am On Mar 19, 2019
Greatg0809:
Please changing state from Houston to Atlanta does it pose as a problem,I mean to change it on d ds160 after filling Houston for dropbox,I want to change to Atlanta for interview,I’m tired of Houston wahala
Someone please help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Greatg0809: 10:11am On Mar 19, 2019
Is there any hospital that doesn’t give discount sef, I think u just give birth without registering that’s wen u Dnt get discount ( pls correct me if I’m wrong) I Dnt know just asking
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 10:12am On Mar 19, 2019
Greatg0809:

Someone please help

It should be, with reasons earlier highlighted (avoiding Houston and it’s attendant wahala) and more
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by fehinebony(f): 10:43am On Mar 19, 2019
drafrican:
Na wah o “Medicaid era” phew[b]
But whats d solution to innocent benefactors of this.
Should we be blamed or issued warnings cos my point is ok they deny those people visas so are you later going to grant them visas or u have banned them for life ,thats my curiosity .
How long does this refusal pumishment last for

[/b]
Also ve gone online ve not seen these hospitals we used charged for insurance fraud which is d normal practice cos there are strict rules about who qualifies for medicaid.

We need more clarity but then how do we get it!!!

Also remember that monthly some staff are paid wherher they work or not so this may just be a way of breaking even not that its a fraud thats what ve thought also insurance companies decapitate we dont,most pple there pay monthly we pay bulk cash these are factors to consider!!

The bolded has been my concern since my second refusal in December 2018, despite going with a well detailed letter from the hospital explaining the huge discount.I’m honestly considering reapplying just to ask how I can exonerate myself from this whole mess I didn’t consent to.. if the embassy is insisting that the hospital are running some fraud or scam whatsoever then, it simply implies that We are Victims and its unfair that we Nigerian get to pay for it.

On another note, my friend told me about a lady her visa was refused based on her previous bill, she had a total bill of $4500 and tried to renew for another birthing trip. After her refusal, she got a hospital that quoted 33k for child birth, her husband paid 20k upfront, she got an interview date and her visa was ISSUED.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Eclectica: 10:46am On Mar 19, 2019
Hello Everyone,

For Houston Mamas/Papas, how do I go about changing the residential address on LO's birth certificate. We used the intownsuites address we were staying at the time.

Thanks!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kesspru: 12:08pm On Mar 19, 2019
Hello everyone. Please I need to know if there's anyone heading to Houston Texas by April ending so we can share apartments. Staying alone wouldn't be easy and of course it will be cheaper if we split the cost of apartments with some one going for delivery. Please anyone heading to Houston by April ending should reach out. Thank you all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babydesh: 1:26pm On Mar 19, 2019
Hello Everyone,
Please this is a question for any mama that has recently used del sol,elpaso.I went through their website and found out that there's a list of laboratory tests required by them but there was no cost to these tests attached.Please can anyone brief me on how much they paid for the tests and also any other additional charges apart from the delivery cost.
Thanks and God bless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vlesparza: 1:57pm On Mar 19, 2019
fehinebony:

The bolded has been my concern since my second refusal in December 2018, despite going with a well detailed letter from the hospital explaining the huge discount.I’m honestly considering reapplying just to ask how I can exonerate myself from this whole mess I didn’t consent to.. if the embassy is insisting that the hospital are running some fraud or scam whatsoever then, it simply implies that We are Victims and its unfair that we Nigerian get to pay for it.

On another note, my friend told me about a lady her visa was refused based on her previous bill, she had a total bill of $4500 and tried to renew for another birthing trip. After her refusal, she got a hospital that quoted 33k for child birth, her husband paid 20k upfront, she got an interview date and her visa was ISSUED.

You are correct. Hospitals are not running a scam, they simply want Nigerians to pay more. You can pay more than the discounted price at www.doctoresparati.com you just have to request it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vlesparza: 2:00pm On Mar 19, 2019
babydesh:
Hello Everyone,
Please this is a question for any mama that has recently used del sol,elpaso.I went through their website and found out that there's a list of laboratory tests required by them but there was no cost to these tests attached.Please can anyone brief me on how much they paid for the tests and also any other additional charges apart from the delivery cost.
Thanks and God bless.

Your doctor will advise you of the tests. He/She will send your information/tests to the hospital before your delivery.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 2:11pm On Mar 19, 2019
Vlesparza:

You are correct. Hospitals are not running a scam, they simply want Nigerians to pay more. You can pay more than the discounted price at www.doctoresparati.com you just have to request it.

That statement is very misleading and incorrect.

Nigerians are not the only people in desperation seeking to give birth in the US....the Chinese, Indians, Russians are all seeking in high numbers trying to give birth in the US and are required to pay more for it.

I know cases of people from China, India who are facing the same ordeal with renewing their US visa after they have been caught getting discounts medical charges for child birth in the US.

I understand that this forum is mainly geared for Nigerians and so most of the feedbacks and complaints about the US visas extra scrutiny will be mostly from Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 2:13pm On Mar 19, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Nigerians are not the only people desperation seeking to give birth in the US....the Chinese, Indians, Russians are all seeking in high numbers trying to give birth in the US and are required to pay more for it.

I know cases of people from China, India who are facing the same ordeal with renewing their US visa after they have been caught getting discounts medical charges for child birth in the US.

I understand that this forum is mainly geared for Nigerians and so most of the feedbacks and complaints about the US visas extra scrutiny will be mostly from Nigerians.

“Caught” as stated above by you would mean?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mumtwins2: 3:12pm On Mar 19, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Nigerians are not the only people in desperation seeking to give birth in the US....the Chinese, Indians, Russians are all seeking in high numbers trying to give birth in the US and are required to pay more for it.

I dont agree ... so if they knew thats the issue why in thr name of God did they approve visa for such low bills ... i know ppl wbo had interview for thier baby in 2016 i inclusive ... i sibmitted documents that my charge doctor fee and everything was 6thousand something , thr lady collectrd it and looked theough .. why did she not complain ... i feel there is more to it ... its either its trump or they are still angry about ppl using usa as a way to escape to canada... how can you approve a bill 3 yeats before a d later say its too small .. who does that

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NIFES(f): 3:12pm On Mar 19, 2019
OmoBendel24:

I am interested in getting a better explanation of that word "caught" as well please

What happens to the time value of money as economics taught us please?
Why are we forgetting the fact that insurance payments are in installments and even in piecemeal at that?
Can we compare what can be achieved with $5000k dollars in 2016 with what same amount can get us in this 2019?
Do the VOs that are quoting $20k, $30k as average cost of medicals for child delivery take in into consideration the fact that these almighty $30k can take many years to settle?

Many questions

We are our own enemies truly.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 3:45pm On Mar 19, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Better word I meant was "found"
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NothingDoMe: 3:50pm On Mar 19, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Better word I meant was "found"
Found out?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 4:01pm On Mar 19, 2019
Mumtwins2:

I dont agree ... so if they knew thats the issue why in thr name of God did they approve visa for such low bills ... i know ppl wbo had interview for thier baby in 2016 i inclusive ... i sibmitted documents that my charge doctor fee and everything was 6thousand something , thr lady collectrd it and looked theough .. why did she not complain ... i feel there is more to it ... its either its trump or they are still angry about ppl using usa as a way to escape to canada... how can you approve a bill 3 yeats before a d later say its too small .. who does that

Yeah, it may be due to these or other more reasons best known to them and are not willing to disclose.

Okay, not to sound like a broken record but we all already know that getting a visa to any country is not a right but a privilege.

And so any thing that is given as a privilege is not constant. Requirements, expectations and other things are subject to change in order for it to be given.

So yes, as difficult it may seem to some of us to accept, a visa is a request for such privilege and so its requirements to be granted or denied is subject to change at any time.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vlesparza: 4:57pm On Mar 19, 2019
Beautyaddy:

I can tell you as a fact, from the patients arriving at El Paso, Nigerians are by far the most scrutinized.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by folmus: 5:04pm On Mar 19, 2019
Beautyaddy:

This assertion looks spurious. Tell us more about the cases.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by folmus: 5:06pm On Mar 19, 2019
Vlesparza:

I can tell you as a fact, from the patients arriving at El Paso, Nigerians are by far the most scrutinized.

From what we see here, it's indisputable. I can't understand her case.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Elo2020(f): 5:47pm On Mar 19, 2019
iykmon:

Yes you are on track, please use your Nigeria address in filling the form and then mailing address you can the US address. This US address is where they will mail your baby SSN card to.

Thats what i did, thank you so much.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aamey15: 7:36pm On Mar 19, 2019
Thank you for your honest and detailed response its a big risk, if i dont change to medical.. that means i am probably saying bye to further renewal.
Re:medical visa like how far gone would you advise i present an application.

uote author=OmoBendel24 post=76788425]

Those notes are definitely there. Turning up for an interview should be the correct and most appropriate thing to do still, especially having previously resolved the former birthing at an interview with them. But like you I’m more afraid that $4K matter may just come up and affect your application much more than the timing of the previous pregnancy.

One thing is certain, if you don’t take the “risk” of going in for an interview now, you may have to use a crane to pull down everything US Embassy to ever renew that visa, like a camel passing through the needle’s eye precisely.... Difficult as it seems, It’s in your best interest to do it now please![/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aamey15: 9:17pm On Mar 19, 2019
Hello mama, please which hospital or doctor didyou get the correspondence from. I used cook county in Chicago the first time but i know they do not issue letters so i am trying to get an hopsital who does. Your response will be highly appreciated. Thank you

uote author=Nersh post=76585794]I have been a silent reader of this thread and it has been extremely helpful in guiding me as i prepare for my baby’s birth in the US. I decided to share my interview with the VO:
VO: good afternoon, passport please. Why r u going to the US?
Me: afternoon. To have my baby. Hands over passport
VO: where else have you travelled to?
Me: UK, SA, dubai, Mauritius etc
VO: for holiday?
Me: Not only. School, work.
VO: ok. So where will you be staying in the US and do you have your doctor’s documents?
ME: will be staying with an uncle in Chicago. Hands over doctor’s correspondence and budget sheet over. I had a budget of about $12k for medicals.
VO: ok. Reviews docs. Looks at a list on her wall seems to be a list of procing for medicals across cities. So what do you do and how much do you earn per month.
Me: tells her.
VO: thank you. You have been approved for a visa and you can pick up in 3 days at VI. Also please beware of discounts when you go as this might affect your duture chances of renewing your visa.

I thank her, say i have seen that in some of my research and will do well to heed her warning.

She wishes me well with the baby and i leave. This was over in 5 minutes.

It seems this discount issue is a big deal. And intwreatingly, all the hospitals i have contacted have. Discount for self pay patients. The only one who didnt was quoting $50k.

Not sure what to do but will wait till 2 years time to worry.

Now waiting for my POE[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by feddy27: 9:48pm On Mar 19, 2019
Hey popri, I see you smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Leez29: 3:42am On Mar 20, 2019
Okay but my mail isn't getting delivered. Don't know why .

babydesh:
Hello Leez 29...Please kindly reach me on etrobee@yahoo.co.uk I'd like to get some info on Del-sol.Thanks and God bless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by DebsMed: 3:47am On Mar 20, 2019
Yet wondering how the Hospitals are running a scam and the scam isn’t checked and stopped in-house rather than going after those that are ignorant victims too. One does not know what the definite expectations are also. Avoidance is the surest now, will just advise friends and family to do so and face Canada instead

Vlesparza:

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lordcrixus: 7:48am On Mar 20, 2019
Hello house,
My wife had our baby in 2016 in the US, B2 visa was obtained also in 2016. All associated fees were paid including the ones sent to the US address we gave the hospital after mother and baby had left for Nigeria. She spent a total of 15 weeks. She also traveled with the baby in 2018 and they both spent 25 days.
Visa expired in September 2018, then we decided to do Dropbox in October 2018 after madam took in again. We also applied for B2 visa and we prayed and hoped she won’t be issued a 221G. Alas after like a month, the dreaded 221G letter came. Getting a date took about two months and we kept on writing emails, making calls until it was resolved and we were finally able to schedule for Jan 8. Madam couldn’t attend the interview cos she had other appointment that came up on that same day. We had to write again to unlock receipt and the battle to find interview dates began. We waited from then till beginning of March but no favorable date as the earliest dates were in May and past her EDD.
However, we were advised to change post from Lagos to Abuja and immediately we did that, we got an interview date a week after (March 15). So madam had to fly to Abuja for the interview.
According to madam the following was her conversation with the female VO
VO: Asked question about US ( madam didn’t hear the question, she only heard the US at the end of her question).
Wife: I want to go have my second baby in the US as I had my first baby there.
VO: oh....you had your first baby in the US?
Wife: Yes, and I have the receipts of all Payment with me if you will like to see them.
VO: how much did you spend to have your baby?
Wife: I spent about 10,000$ and I have receipts with me if you will like to see
VO: yes, I will like to see them.
Wife: Passed all receipts to the VO one after the other explaining what receipt belongs to ob/gyn, hospital, pediatrician, lab tests. ( I had carefully stapled each receipt to each contract we signed the first day at the doctor and at the hospital showing how much we were required to pay as self pay. And also stapled the receipt of every lab test to the invoice). The VO checked every receipt one after the other and rechecked. According to madam, she switched on a light beside her while checking, madam doesn’t know if it is to check authenticity of the documents or to see well.
VO: are you using the same dr and hospital ?
Wife: yes
VO: how long did you spend the last time you traveled to the US?
Wife: 25 days
VO: how much will this birth cost you?
Wife: it is slightly higher than the first, about 14,000$ ( this includes flight ticket, feeding and documents)
VO: what do you do?
Wife: I am a home maker , I used to work but resigned six months after I had my baby to take good care of my child
VO: what does your husband do?
Wife: he owns coy xzy and he’s into abc
VO: can I see your bank statement?
Wife: I didn’t come with as (VO cuts her and said no problem about that) NB: I was not around to request for bank statement as changing post and getting a date was abt a week apart.
VO: do you have any relations in the US?
Wife: yes , my sis in law.
Then came the white paper
According to my wife, a lot of pink papers were flying around before her turn. Some because they couldn’t defend their past travels very well, especially the 221G folks.
Expenses breakdown are as follows:
Hospital: $5,630 ( baby stayed extra two days because of mild jaundice, it was meant to be 4078$ for self pay)
Doctor: $1,400
Pediatrician: $150 for one hospital visit at birth and then one visit to the clinic.
Anesthesiologists: $1,500 ( no receipt for this)
Lab 1: $186 (at ob/gyn)
Lab2 : $115 ( done after birth)
Lab3 : $420 ( done after birth)
Lab 4: $242 ( done after birth)
For all with 221G do not despair, go and defend yourself and pray for a favourable VO especially if you have not flouted any of their rules and overstayed your visa.
No other documents were requested not even the itemized bill with ridiculous discount. The contract the hospital gave at first stated 50% discount while itemized bill stated like 80% discount. According to my wife, VO went over the contract like four times reading and reading and was confused at a point but she didn’t request for hospital itemized bill, only drs itemized bill she sighted.
Good luck to others awaiting their 221G interview.

20 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by folmus: 8:19am On Mar 20, 2019
Lordcrixus:

Then came the white paper
According to my wife, a lot of pink papers were flying around before her turn. Some because they couldn’t defend their past travels very well, especially the 221G folks.
Expenses breakdown are as follows:
Hospital: $5,630 ( baby stayed extra two days because of mild jaundice, it was meant to be 4078$ for self pay)
Doctor: $1,400
Pediatrician: $150 for one hospital visit at birth and then one visit to the clinic.
Anesthesiologists: $1,500 ( no receipt for this)
Lab 1: $186 (at ob/gyn)
Lab2 : $115 ( done after birth)
Lab3 : $420 ( done after birth)
Lab 4: $242 ( done after birth)
For all with 221G do not despair, go and defend yourself and pray for a favourable VO especially if you have not flouted any of their rules and overstayed your visa.
No other documents were requested not even the itemized bill with ridiculous discount. The contract the hospital gave at first stated 50% discount while itemized bill stated like 80% discount. According to my wife, VO went over the contract like four times reading and reading and was confused at a point but she didn’t request for hospital itemized bill, only drs itemized bill she sighted.
Good luck to others awaiting their 221G interview.

Thanks for this jare. At least she didn't spend $30k,

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by 7Alexandre: 8:33am On Mar 20, 2019
folmus:

Thanks for this jare. At least she didn't spend $30k, not up to even $7k

Did you do your calculations correctly?

She spent way more than $7k...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by folmus: 8:35am On Mar 20, 2019
7Alexandre:

Did you do your calculations correctly?

She spent way more than $7k...

I know what I meant. Check the message again. It's just to say the $30k isn't the reason to get the visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.