Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,502 members, 7,801,316 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1159544 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by nimcote: 6:29am On Apr 30, 2019
Goodmorning everyone, pls I have a question. I have seen on this thread that there are some red flag hospitals/Drs or states. Pls can I use doctores/El-Paso? Plus does any one know any good affordable hopital/ doctor I can use in Dallas, Newyork or LA? I am a first time mom and would really appreciate all the help I can get.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by folmus: 8:04am On Apr 30, 2019
nimcote:
Goodmorning everyone, pls I have a question. I have seen on this thread that there are some red flag hospitals/Drs or states. Pls can I use doctores/El-Paso? Plus does any one know any good affordable hopital/ doctor I can use in Dallas, Newyork or LA? I am a first time mom and would really appreciate all the help I can get.

Not a redflag. However, you may need to request higher package as their package is now cheaper and small with what embassy want to see.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by nimcote: 8:11am On Apr 30, 2019
Thanks
folmus:

Not a redflag. However, you may need to request higher package as their package is now cheaper and small with what embassy want to see.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ardel(f): 9:06am On Apr 30, 2019
didismyname:
Ok in the spirit of giving back. I will like to share my story. I recently renewed my visa.

2016 got a B1/B2 Visa for my family. We had our vacation June 2016 and stayed for a month. 2017, I got pregnant and I did the change of intent. Had my baby Dec 2017 and got back April 2018. Did dropbox Feb 2019 and I got the almighty 221G letter after 8days.

Scheduling a follow-up interview was tasking but by end of March I checked my status and the whole of April was available. I picked end of April to give me ample time to prepare for the interview. My hospital bill for birthing was about $9250 excluding lab. Got all my zero receipts and kept reading this thread on nairaland.
On the D-Day. I set out with all my documents even carried my LO blue passport as I saw on this thread with her BC. Infact I was more than ready, had my itemized bill, zero receipts, 6month payslips, statement of account, letter of introduction from my office...my people I even carried my recent promotion and recommendation letter����
Guess what? absolute nothing was asked other than my receipts, itemized bill.
In my opinion, I think is the confidence that one exudes during interview goes a long way, be sincere and look them in the eye. Try not to stutter.
I mean everyone on my queue during my interview time was not given a visa, I was scared but I told myself that I will give my best smile and be as confident as I can.
Visa was granted.
Grateful to God.
Thanks for giving back, pls you did not state if you had discounts, because that is the prevalent issue and reason for denying visas.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mooreengineers: 9:17am On Apr 30, 2019
Good day everyone, I have been following this informative trend for a while now and I think I nice to enter the conference on intellectuals. Kudos to everyone.

I have one question which I will appreciate quick response.

Please, what period (weeks) into pregnancy is it best to request for Childbirth Hospital bill and book Doctor's appointment in US? My Darling and I are planning visa appointment/interview soonest. Also what advise would you give us. This is our first experience as parent. Thank you.

Is it necessary for example to tell the VO during interview that we are flying to Texas first, and we'll later move to Minnesota because that's where our delivery hospital and Doctor are with proof/evidence of Doctor's note?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aremso(m): 9:54am On Apr 30, 2019
mooreengineers:
Good day everyone, I have been following this informative trend for a while now and I think I nice to enter the conference on intellectuals. Kudos to everyone.

I have one question which I will appreciate quick response.

Please, what period (weeks) into pregnancy is it best to request for Childbirth Hospital bill and book Doctor's appointment in US? My Darling and I are planning visa appointment/interview soonest. Also what advise would you give us. This is our first experience as parent. Thank you.

To me as early as possible even if possible 1st week this is because of getting fast date for visa interview and if you start late, there is possibility of getting later dates close to your EDD which would some how put pressure on you. My 2 kobo

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by tolupe1: 11:53am On Apr 30, 2019
Hello good morning all. This thread has really been an eye opener but please i will still need all the help i can get.

I am on my third missionary journey but first time wanting to give birth abroad.

Can any one advice on any hospital(s) in Maryland?

Also we are about to start the visa process, please are there any pointers for me to note? Any advice? What docs am i to take along etc. I Will be eternally grateful for any help or mentor i can get cos i am already freaking out honestly.

Thank you. I will be writing. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by tolupe1: 11:54am On Apr 30, 2019
Big mummies and abroad-veterans in the house, pls help this rookie out. Thks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aremso(m): 12:28pm On Apr 30, 2019
tolupe1:
Hello good morning all. This thread has really been an eye opener but please i will still need all the help i can get.

I am on my third missionary journey but first time wanting to give birth abroad.

Can any one advice on any hospital(s) in Maryland?

Also we are about to start the visa process, please are there any pointers for me to note? Any advice? What docs am i to take along etc. I Will be eternally grateful for any help or mentor i can get cos i am already freaking out honestly.

Thank you. I will be writing. Thanks.

please do a search on google concerning hospitals in Mary land and also get drs and correspondences from them, prepare your budget sheet, fund your account with evidences of source of inflow into the account, book your appointment and attend visa interview. Wishing you good luck in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by tolupe1: 12:43pm On Apr 30, 2019
aremso:

please do a search on google concerning hospitals in Mary land and also get drs and correspondences from them, prepare your budget sheet, fund your account with evidences of source of inflow into the account, book your appointment and attend visa interview. Wishing you good luck in advance.

Thank you for your response
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by peace004: 12:55pm On Apr 30, 2019
Greetings to all d mama's & Papa"s in here.
God Bless u all 4 still aving d time to help each other one way or d other.
My second missionary journey on d way & i still av valid B2 visa but to expire a month b4 my due date
I don't want to take chances so as dey say "Knowledge is Power"

I want to confirm the following:

1) Is it possible i can still travel with my visa even if is a month or a week to expire..?

2) Any mama's who av been accompany with "Nanny or Domestic staff along for birth or visit"..?

3) I got to understand if am traveling with my Nanny & she is to attend interview she will need to present a Contract agreement between employee & d employer.?

4) Please any one here who av sample of d contract between Nanny & employer should pls help me out so i can work on mine or if any here i can search on..?

5) Also need to know wat important documents required of her to take to d embassy 4 interview..?

6) Any ideal d kind of important questions d V.O may ask her..?

I will be very grateful if i can get answers to my question.

God bless u all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mooreengineers: 2:59pm On Apr 30, 2019
Is it necessary for example to tell the VO during interview that we are flying to Texas first, and we'll later move to Minnesota because that's where our delivery hospital and Doctor are with proof/evidence of Doctor's note?

I'll appreciate your advises.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by folmus: 4:28pm On Apr 30, 2019
mooreengineers:

I'll appreciate your advises.

Thats not necessary as you won't be asked about your flying grin grin. However, it depends on the poe. You may need to answer related question.

And you don't need to bold your messages. Rules 11 NL. you may be banned cheesy wink wink

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vlesparza: 5:18pm On Apr 30, 2019
nimcote:

Both the hospital and the doctor at www.doctoresparati.com will provide the price quote you are willing to pay. The price on the website is the maximum discount that is offered to patients. You may, of course, request to pay more and you will be quoted and billed the amount you request.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by nimcote: 6:19pm On Apr 30, 2019
Thank you!!
quote author=Vlesparza post=77989400]

Both the hospital and the doctor at www.doctoresparati.com will provide the price quote you are willing to pay. The price on the website is the maximum discount that is offered to patients. You may, of course, request to pay more and you will be quoted and billed the amount you request. [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mooreengineers: 7:18pm On Apr 30, 2019
And why is their rate cheaper against what the embassy want to see? Just being inquisitive though.
I just checked and it's very cheap to believe.

However, will the hospital agree to increase the bill if requested and what amount is advisable to be quoted?
folmus:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by folmus: 7:27pm On Apr 30, 2019
mooreengineers:
And why is their rate cheaper against what the embassy want to see? Just being inquisitive though.
I just checked and it's very cheap to believe.

However, will the hospital agree to increase the bill if requested and what amount is advisable to be quoted?

Kindly read the messages above your comment.

Someone shared this link which might help you in the fee to look out for. https://www.businessinsider.com/how-much-does-it-cost-to-have-a-baby-2018-4

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by didismyname: 8:07pm On Apr 30, 2019
ardel:

Thanks for giving back, pls you did not state if you had discounts, because that is the prevalent issue and reason for denying visas.

Yes I did get discount as self pay and I quoted my bill as 9250. My bill without discount from the itemized bill was 19250.
So I got a discount of about 10grand

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Motherof1: 1:27am On May 01, 2019
Hello good evening!!!
Please I need help!!!
In February 2017, I applied for a b1/b2 visa with my brother. We were supposed to travel in April. But we couldn’t. Then in October 2017 I got pregnant. I decided to use my visa to give birth. So I left for the states in april. Then in May, my brother came to the US with my mum via Chicago. There the Homeland security officer asked him about me, and why I’m still in the US. after long interrogations they checked him mums phone, because cane back and she waited for him, even though she had been stamped and they saw conversations between she and her friend, talking about if my brother was going to stay back in the states or not. Oh well their visas got revoked.
Well I had my baby there and paid the hospital bill. Of $4600. Doctors fee of $2900 and $685 for circumcision. Some months after, my friend got a letter that they refunded the $685 back to my dollar card in Nigeria.? I got my zero balance, but I still got another account the hospital had created, with an outstanding of $690. I’ve called to know why and they are telling me all sorts. Anyway, i intended going to the hospital when I go back to know what they are charging me for, even after I got reimbursed.
Anyway I did a Dropbox in December, eve though my visa was to expire in February. I did that because I wanted to travel towards the end of February, for my baby to see his doctor, because he’s been having respiratory issues.
Well I got called for interview in January. I scheduled a date and it was in April. I travelled out of the country(not the USA), and came back a month later, to attend my interview.
On the day of my interview, they said my name did not pop on the system. They transferred me to the officer who had a computer. When he checked, he said the embassy had rescheduled my appointment and if had passed(March 23). And I had to reschedule. I got home and called the embassy, to know how I was going To do it. They said they will unlock the receipt and I can use that same one.
They did and I got appointment for August. But now, my sons nose is still disturbing him. I just requested a letter for the hospital in the states and in Nigeria, so I can submit to the embassy an apply for an expedited appointment interview. Because he already had scheduled appointment with the doctor. Hopefully they grant me.
Well I just want to know if there’s anything anyone will advice I do or carry. Please i will really appreciate the help!!
God bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nersh: 4:10am On May 01, 2019
Sorry about your son’s condition. Your situation sounds complicated. Considering you have some outstanding bill at the hospital and all, I’ll suggest you seek medical solution for your son in Nigeria or elsewhere while you process your visa.
Motherof1:
Hello good evening!!!
Please I need help!!!
In February 2017, I applied for a b1/b2 visa with my brother. We were supposed to travel in April. But we couldn’t. Then in October 2017 I got pregnant. I decided to use my visa to give birth. So I left for the states in april. Then in May, my brother came to the US with my mum via Chicago. There the Homeland security officer asked him about me, and why I’m still in the US. after long interrogations they checked him mums phone, because cane back and she waited for him, even though she had been stamped and they saw conversations between she and her friend, talking about if my brother was going to stay back in the states or not. Oh well their visas got revoked.
Well I had my baby there and paid the hospital bill. Of $4600. Doctors fee of $2900 and $685 for circumcision. Some months after, my friend got a letter that they refunded the $685 back to my dollar card in Nigeria.? I got my zero balance, but I still got another account the hospital had created, with an outstanding of $690. I’ve called to know why and they are telling me all sorts. Anyway, i intended going to the hospital when I go back to know what they are charging me for, even after I got reimbursed.
Anyway I did a Dropbox in December, eve though my visa was to expire in February. I did that because I wanted to travel towards the end of February, for my baby to see his doctor, because he’s been having respiratory issues.
Well I got called for interview in January. I scheduled a date and it was in April. I travelled out of the country(not the USA), and came back a month later, to attend my interview.
On the day of my interview, they said my name did not pop on the system. They transferred me to the officer who had a computer. When he checked, he said the embassy had rescheduled my appointment and if had passed(March 23). And I had to reschedule. I got home and called the embassy, to know how I was going To do it. They said they will unlock the receipt and I can use that same one.
They did and I got appointment for August. But now, my sons nose is still disturbing him. I just requested a letter for the hospital in the states and in Nigeria, so I can submit to the embassy an apply for an expedited appointment interview. Because he already had scheduled appointment with the doctor. Hopefully they grant me.
Well I just want to know if there’s anything anyone will advice I do or carry. Please i will really appreciate the help!!
God bless

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nersh: 4:20am On May 01, 2019
Ahh! My POE was pretty smooth especially considering all the stories here and elsewhere about O’hare I prepared for the worst. I was done with the CoB in less than 2 mins. He basically asked what I was there for, told him to have my baby and he was like really? I chuckled, he smiled and asked for how much I had, told him. He asked if I had any doctor documents which I showed him. He stamped me in, wished me luck with the baby and that was it, I was in.

I was quite stunned for a few mins and stood and was waiting for further questioning but none came and I walked away.

Quite grateful to God but nairaland prepares me very much and exposed me to all the what nots and what could go wrong
folmus:

You've not given us the POE transcripts. cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mgbocha: 1:07pm On May 01, 2019
Goodafternoon all,

I went for iB1/B2 interview 1st of April and got denied. Now am trying to reapply with my husband and baby for B2 and we are getting error while trying to schedule an appointment.

Please does anyone know why? Or have anyone experienced same?

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 02, 2019
TKM Please i sent you a DM, could you please respond, i need more info about this itemized bill
TripleKMama:

I believe it depends on whom the VO it is that interviewed one. I strongly believe some VOs aren't knowledgable enough to know these things. I was so annoyed that I actually told the VO that oh. In my mind I was like if una no gree give me make I kukuma dey for my father land or go Canada. It can be a frustrating experience. I thought it was only St Mary NJ but now Im surprised to see others have had similar experience.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by BOmum: 9:25am On May 03, 2019
So I just finished my 221g interview with a rejection..Lady we got was very mean though.
Vo: Are you guys married
Me: yes( i came with hubby and son)
Vo: is this your only child
Me:No we have a daughter too
Vo: Where was she born
Me: America
Vo: When
Me: September 2017
Vo: Can i see your receipts
Me: Hands over receipt
Vo: How much did you pay while looking through
Me: Over 6000
Vo: I mean for just Hospital only
Me: 2200
Vo: But on the receipt i say bill of 15k but you paid 2200 even though hospital said paid in full
Me: I paid what the hospital quoted in full.The 2200 excludes payment for doctor, peds, patho etc and I didnt use anu government funds as stated in the hospital letter addressed to the embassy(She cuts in and says thats okay please)
Types for a while and hands us a yellow paper saying you will know why you dont qualify as stated in the paper

I used Houston North West Medical centre
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by DrStrangelove: 10:10am On May 03, 2019
Dang!

The last statement being the hospital was located on Houston did u mean. Am sure that hospital has been blacklisted. In short, any hospital in Houston right now is suspect except u paid more than $10K.

This can be painful. The rejection is harrowing. Take heart. It is well

BOmum:
So I just finished my 221g interview with a rejection..Lady we got was very mean though.
Vo: But on the receipt i say bill of 15k but you paid 2200 even though hospital said paid in full
Me: I paid what the hospital quoted in full.The 2200 excludes payment for doctor, peds, patho etc and I didnt use anu government funds as stated in the hospital letter addressed to the embassy(She cuts in and says thats okay please)
Types for a while and hands us a yellow paper saying you will know why you dont qualify as stated in the paper

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NIFES(f): 10:21am On May 03, 2019
Hi all.
I just had my 221g interview also with a rejection.
However, the strange thing with mine was that they didn't even ask for my receipts before giving the rejection.
VO: Hello, passport please
Me: Hello
VO: What are you going to the US for this time
Me: Vacation
VO: Are you married
Me: Yes
VO: Do you have kids and how many ?
Me: I had 3 but one surviving child now
VO: Sorry about that; Tell me more about your last US trip
Me: I traveled to the us January 2018 and came back in March
VO: What for?
Me: To give birth; I wrote a letter to the embassy notifying them of my intent and they gave a go ahead
VO: Can you give me a little more detail about your other international travels
Me: I answered that I have been to the UK, Dubai, UAE, Kenya
VO: Do you have any relatives in the US
Me: No, but I have a friend
VO: Who else is going on this trip with you?
Me: My baby
VO: What do you do?
Me: I work with bla bla as a bla bla. My roles are bla bla
VO: Who will be paying for this trip
Me: Myself
VO: What does your husband do?
Me: My husband does bla bla with bla bla
Vo: When was the last time your husband traveled to the US?
Me: (ERROR! shocked) 2012
VO: Why so long?
Me: Tight schedule and school programme
VO: I am sorry you are not qualified for the visa at this time but you can reapply etc,.
I cut in saying she had not seen my itemized bill and stuffs but she said that I should keep them for future applications.

I feel bad right now. Where others are being rejected on the basis of low bills , mine seems to be the fact that my husband has not been to the US in a while.

All the best to those still awaiting their follow-up interviews.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by folmus: 10:42am On May 03, 2019
BOmum:

To appeal to the V.O now, your hospital only fee( excluding doc fee) should be around 12-15k dollar. May God help our mothers.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by DrStrangelove: 12:21pm On May 03, 2019
Poster pls take heart,

I think they refused u based on a story about ur husband's trip to the US previously. There's something there. There must have been bn an issue wch the VO saw on her screen and she was expecting u to know and say something about but truth u or ur husband might not even know about it.

It's either that or the VO knew from ur form that she was gonna deny u from the start and waited for the perfect opportunity.

NIFES:
Hi all.
I just had my 221g interview also with a rejection.
However, the strange thing with mine was that they didn't even ask for my receipts before giving the rejection.
VO: Hello, passport please
Me: Hello
VO: What are you going to the US for this time
Me: Vacation
VO: Are you married
Me: Yes
VO: Do you have kids and how many ?
Me: I had 3 but one surviving child now
VO: Sorry about that; Tell me more about your last US trip
Me: I traveled to the us January 2018 and came back in March
VO: What for?
Me: To give birth; I wrote a letter to the embassy notifying them of my intent and they gave a go ahead
VO: Can you give me a little more detail about your other international travels
Me: I answered that I have been to the UK, Dubai, UAE, Kenya
VO: Do you have any relatives in the US
Me: No, but I have a friend
VO: Who else is going on this trip with you?
Me: My baby
VO: What do you do?
Me: I work with bla bla as a bla bla. My roles are bla bla
VO: Who will be paying for this trip
Me: Myself
VO: What does your husband do?
Me: My husband does bla bla with bla bla
Vo: When was the last time your husband traveled to the US?
Me: (ERROR! shocked) 2012
VO: Why so long?
Me: Tight schedule and school programme
VO: I am sorry you are not qualified for the visa at this time but you can reapply etc,.
I cut in saying she had not seen my itemized bill and stuffs but she said that I should keep them for future applications.

I feel bad right now. Where others are being rejected on the basis of low bills , mine seems to be the fact that my husband has not been to the US in a while.

All the best to those still awaiting their follow-up interviews.

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.