Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,857 members, 7,802,748 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1160057 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Weperwema: 10:07pm On Jun 17, 2019
@Twoods The problem was getting the Nigerian passport reissued and it took months because they had no booklets and I am only wishing for date in August and not July. Do you still want to assist with the documents to attach to the appeal/request?Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 4:40am On Jun 19, 2019
Weperwema:
@Twoods The problem was getting the Nigerian passport reissued and it took months because they had no booklets and I am only wishing for date in August and not July. Do you still want to assist with the documents to attach to the appeal/request?Thanks

This is the link you should read if you intend to apply for an emergency appointment - http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-emergencyappointment.html

However, i don't think you'll qualify.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kesspru: 6:26am On Jun 19, 2019
Hey everyone. Please I need help in securing the visa on arrival for my LO or getting the emergency travel documents.

How do I go about the process. I have read through but I didn't find it. Thank you in advance for your replies.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by delectabledee: 2:47pm On Jun 19, 2019
For those who have processed emergency travel document recently

How long did it take to receive the certificate?
Was it sent to one"s address or you pick up from somewhere?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nersh: 3:20pm On Jun 19, 2019
Visa on arrival is not longer processed as it used to be. Can only be done online for a business traveller. Focus on emergency travel certificate or visa.
Kesspru:
Hey everyone. Please I need help in securing the visa on arrival for my LO or getting the emergency travel documents.

How do I go about the process. I have read through but I didn't find it. Thank you in advance for your replies.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kesspru: 3:34pm On Jun 19, 2019
Nersh:
Visa on arrival is not longer processed as it used to be. Can only be done online for a business traveller. Focus on emergency travel certificate or visa.

Pls how do I go about the process pls.
Pls its urgent.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by iamtoby: 3:35pm On Jun 19, 2019
I tried applying for Visa on Arrival for my LO on Monday. Sent the application letter + supporting documents to oa@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng and have since not gotten any response. Can someone kindly confirm if visa on arrival is no longer processed via email? What are the steps for applying for emergency travel certificate (etc)? It seems that will be the best way out. Anyone who has successfully processed emergency travel certificate should please help. I appreciate any valuable feedback as we are due to travel early next week. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kesspru: 3:52pm On Jun 19, 2019
Hello again please who knows about how to apply for the emergency travel certificate. Please house. Am in a fix. Please.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kesspru: 5:03pm On Jun 19, 2019
delectabledee:
Please help a sister in need!!!

After processing my LO's US passport.. What are the next steps to take.... Can I apply for an ETC without getting a Nigerian passport for my LO?

The return date for my ticket for Delta Airlines was 30th September but I will like to travel earlier than that day. What do you advise I do?

Am I to book a one-way ticket or return ticket for my LO?

Please how did you finally apply for the emergency travel certificate. Please I need to apply for my LO as soon as possible. I have no idea how to go about it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kesspru: 5:09pm On Jun 19, 2019
delectabledee:

Please can anyone help with the process for obtaining the emergency travel certificate? It's very urgent.
Thanks in advance

Hello, please did you finally figure out how to do the emergency travel certificate. I am in urgent need of the information. Please my travel date is close.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kesspru: 5:13pm On Jun 19, 2019
Nersh:

Pls you have any idea how I can process it. Do I need to get to the embassy. And besides there's no Nigeria embassy where I am. How do I do it. Please this is really urgent. Please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by overlord77: 6:24pm On Jun 19, 2019
Kesspru:
Hello again please who knows about how to apply for the emergency travel certificate. Please house. Am in a fix. Please.

Why not just apply for a Nigerian visa on LOs passport if ETC is hard to process
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by iamtoby: 6:55pm On Jun 19, 2019
Tiyanya:
Not my fault o, i sent a mail to oa@nigeriaimmigration.gov ng, i got an automatic email GOOD DAY, YOUR APPLICATION IS ACKNOWLEDGED,HOWEVER YOU ARE KINDLY ADVISED TO FORWARD YOUR APPLICATION FOR VISA ON ARRIVAL TO THE WEB BASE THROUGH THE LINK BELOW. So i went to the link filled the form(mind you it's only business visa they have there, part of the th8ngs to upload includes letter of introduction, letter of invitation etc, i only just uploaded my LO's passport, mine, DH, and LO's BC). They also stated on the site that cash won't be accepted one has to pay online, trust me, it's very vague I don't know hat to do. I don't know if anyone has used this new method

Hi: How did you eventually process the visa on arrival for your baby? Please i need your assistance on this. Thanks for your anticipated assistance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nersh: 9:21pm On Jun 19, 2019
You have to apply by going to the embassy or by posting your passport to the embassy. I am doing the same and patiently waiting for my visa to come through.
Kesspru:

Pls you have any idea how I can process it. Do I need to get to the embassy. And besides there's no Nigeria embassy where I am. How do I do it. Please this is really urgent. Please

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nersh: 9:25pm On Jun 19, 2019
http://www.nigeriahouse.com/VisaApplication.aspx#
Kesspru:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Japsylee: 12:23am On Jun 20, 2019
Thank God. My trip was a miracle. Thanks to all that answered my questions. The truth is that God was there for me all the way.
Glory to His name
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TripleKMama: 3:16pm On Jun 20, 2019
NJ Mommas
who needs a 1 room furnished accommodation in Newark (bed and internet)
30mins to St Mary's hosp Passaic.
Shared bath.
Fully furnished kitchen.
$600/mo

Wont be needing it again.
Pls holla grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by drafrican: 4:36pm On Jun 20, 2019
Gda
Pls has anyone gone for usa visa interview since the cancellation of drop box lets know the temperature at d embassy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ysteph: 4:38pm On Jun 20, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin
drafrican:
Gda
Pls has anyone gone for usa visa interview since the cancellation of drop box lets know the temperature at d embassy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by delectabledee: 5:19pm On Jun 20, 2019
Got this from page 1 of this thread, this might help

EMERGENCY TRAVEL DOCUMENT (ETC)

1. Cost - $270 plus $20 for post office or $30 for FedEx

2. Send the following supporting documents:

- 2 passport photos of baby.
- Copy of parent's Nig. passports (data page)
- Birth certificate (copy)
- Itinerary and Letter of consent for ETC.

and address it to:
The Consular Officer, Embassy of Nigeria,
Washington DC 20008

You can use this Sample Letter but please edit it to make it yours

Dear Sir/Madam
We the parents of ...wish to apply for Emergency Travel Certificate for him/her to enable us take him to Nigeria. Due to logistics reasons we are unable to process a Nig passport at this time. Thank you for your assistance.
Yours truly, (sign and also write your full name. Spouse to sign too)

quote author=Kesspru post=79484307]

Please how did you finally apply for the emergency travel certificate. Please I need to apply for my LO as soon as possible. I have no idea how to go about it [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TripleKMama: 9:51pm On Jun 20, 2019
No be small oh grin
All is well.

drafrican:
Gda
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamalano: 11:05pm On Jun 20, 2019
TripleKMama:
NJ Mommas
who needs a 1 room furnished accommodation in Newark (bed and internet)
30mins to St Mary's hosp Passaic.
Shared bath.
Fully furnished kitchen.
$600/mo

Wont be needing it again.
Pls holla grin
Can you please share your email add or phone number so as to reach you. I’m interested.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by J0nyb0y(m): 9:20am On Jun 21, 2019
Hello everyone, my sister was recently denied visa to US., though the plan was to have her baby there. Her husband has a cousin that she plans on staying with there.

When I ask her the questions she was asked during the interview this is what she sent.

"What do I wanna do there....to visit
I'm I married...yes
Where do I work...told them
Is my husband a citizen... No..
Just said I'm ineligible. Gave me a paper that contains reasons."

It was the advice of the husband cousin to say she's going for a visit since She is just 4 month in.

What's the way forward, any hope please and advise
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TripleKMama: 10:26am On Jun 21, 2019
Mamalano:

Can you please share your email add or phone number so as to reach you. I’m interested.

Bet why did u just register today na? And already know you need the accommodation?
Only 1 post on NL.
Ayam scared ni oh

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamalano: 10:59am On Jun 21, 2019
TripleKMama:

Bet why did u just register today na? And already know you need the accommodation?
Only 1 post on NL.
Ayam scared ni oh
Don’t be afraid. I used St Mary’s and Dr Fares for my first issue. However, the accommodation I got then was far. Now, I am looking for a closer accommodation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.