Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1160129 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 8:13am On Nov 03, 2019
good, I love this approach.

MamaOO:

Funny enough, Max they can get per kid is about 2K or so. Often times you don’t get anything, it just decreases your tax liabilities. It’s crazy how have the liver to claim other people’s kid on their taxes. The fear of IRS is the beginning of wisdom cos they will drag you and shake you down for all you’re worth if they catch you scamming on taxes.

The IRS is cracking down on them now. If you file taxes with kids they can tell you to fax them a copy of the kids SS card, birth certificate and so on. Especially if the last name of the kids don’t match the filer’s last name. They hold the refund until the documents are submitted.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 03, 2019
r

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Hotstepper(f): 6:35pm On Nov 03, 2019
This is why Canadian system is more secured. If you have a baby as a visitor, you only get BC and passport.. you do not get SIN or Health care for the baby until the baby is a resident so we do not see this kind of cases.

This is because for you to apply for them, you will need

1. Utility bill in your name
2. Debit card bank statement
3. The previous years tax return

Bluefin:
People that file taxes for children born as a result of birth tourism and people who file taxes using the SSN of children who are not theirs are in the same category- Criminals (As defined by the IRS. If you dont pay taxes you should NOT File taxes). As far as i am concerned i think that it is unfair for you to obtain a visit visa, have your baby with discounts and on top of that you are trying to claim benefits for that child. It is bizzare.

1) you have never added to the US economy
2) you do not pay taxes.

This things is considered tax fraud and people go to jail for it. Like federal prison. you can google this if you like

It is all so annoying that within 2 years a person who does this has already recovered the travel and hospital expense used to birth the baby in the first place. Can we all now see why Visas are being rejected? Is Donald Trump not justified? Is the VO who is working hard in Nigeria and paying taxes in the US not justified when he refuses a visa to someone that will go and enjoy his tax money by the reason of birth Tourism.

Birth Tourism is not a bad thing. People can do what they like. But they should wait till child is 18, adds to the economy before trying to benefit from the government themselves. I feel sorry for people that are doing this. When that child eventually turns 18 they will explain why they received several years of tax benefits for someone who they are now just filing residency for. DO NOT APPLY FOR A SOCIAL SECURITY CARD UNTIL YOUR CHILD IS READY TO MOVE BACK TO THE US. You expose these children to identify theft also.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cretin: 7:19pm On Nov 03, 2019
hello house, am trying to get information on accomodation plans for birthing in usa, california or illinois.
am filling my ds 160 form now. INTENDED STAY IS 12 WKS, i tried booking accomodation online, and 1month is the max i can do....would this cause problems during interview?.

2ndly, i would prefer a 1 bedroom apartment, which websites do you use to get affordable accomodation?

3rdly, is 8m naira bank balance acceptable by the VO?

SRY IF SOME OF MY QUEStions hv been asked b4, am trying to read up previous posts, from page 1, not an easy task
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TripleKMama: 4:39pm On Nov 04, 2019
Pls how can one check if someone is using their childs SSN for such Without their knowledge..
Any website or general info forbthe public pls?

To be forewarned is to be forearmed abeg oh

Bluefin:
You expose these children to identify theft also.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ccemordi(m): 5:16pm On Nov 04, 2019
Hi all,

Well today I went for renewal with my wife & kids but got bounced.

transcript.

VO: why u going to America?
Me: Vacation
VO: where ?
Me: Orlando
VO: what other countries av I bin to?
Me: US, Dubai, SA, Malaysia, Ghana, Benin...
VO: How many times have you been to d US?
Me: 2 Times
VO: asked how long I stayed in US on my last visit
Me: 2weeks but wife and kids stay for 1month
VO : asked my profession and monthly income
Me: I answered
VO: asked my wife same question
DW: answered
VO: asked for LO payment receipt
Me: I handed over the receipts and budget sheet used.
VO: Checked everything 1 by 1
Me: waiting and it was taking forever cos d VO kept on typing
VO: after like 3 to 4mins, said unfortunately bla blah and handed over d pink form
Me: I was shocked, said thanks and walked away.

He didn’t check any document , just the birth payment receipt and all.

Note: my wife gave birth though C section and the total bills was a little above $10k. I paid everything and got zero balance but I guess it wasn’t enough per their calculation...

Exhausted already as I was planning good family vacation dis December to Orlando.. Pls house do you advise I reapply immediately or give it some time ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cretin: 9:30pm On Nov 04, 2019
chicago moms, pls how did you get accomodation?. am looking for shortlet apartments, 1 bedroom for 8 to 10 wks. i need it asap to fill the ds`60 form

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NothingDoMe: 5:54am On Nov 05, 2019
ccemordi:

Note: my wife gave birth though C section and the total bills was a little above $10k. I paid everything and got zero balance but I guess it wasn’t enough per their calculation...

Exhausted already as I was planning good family vacation dis December to Orlando.. Pls house do you advise I reapply immediately or give it some time ?
Sorry. Does your child's birth certificate carry a US address?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ccemordi(m): 12:14pm On Nov 05, 2019
NothingDoMe:
Sorry. Does your child's birth certificate carry a US address?
Nigeria address as our residential address then a US address for mailing address

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Malevonent: 11:49pm On Nov 05, 2019
Fabbmum:
Hello mums,
Please I need your advice, I got to chicago 2 weeks ago n signed the self pay contract last week (6,400) at cook county hospital,I went into labour Friday morning (37wks6 days)arnd 1am n I met my son 3 hours after,I rested on Friday,on Saturday morning I dressed up to go and settle my bill downstairs but the nurses said the billing office does not open during the weekend,the challenge now is that I will be discharged on Sunday but being discharged without paying nullifies the contract, I am confused should I stay an extra day n pay 600$ and not be discharged to enable me settle my bill on Monday,kindly advise.
Cc iyawotobe.

Wondering if you used airbnb for a comodation,
What was the monthly rate. Am finding it hard getting affordable accomodation in chicago.
Kindly give tips
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 5:56am On Nov 06, 2019
OmoBendel24:

What are you pretending about now? Is it today that you know you lot "rich" Nigeria-Americans are good at this? You are now busy talking of the children not residing in the US and all. But you peeps, some of you, always act funny once you lay your hands on those Social Security digits of babies born in the US but resident in Nigeria. You know your way round using the digits for such claims even when the US-born kids are not resident in the US.

Some brazenly go for those digits, others call you out of the blues to do a subtle request for it early in the year, and yet Nigerians in Nigeria are the corrupt Nigerians. This topic has come up at different times here. Mothers, protect those digits, better still don't even go for them so as to avoid situations that will make you offend your US host or act "irrational" to stall them, it is what is available that they will disturb you for na. I thank God for my kind of loaded US hosts, they can never condescend low to this, their threshold actually puts them above such desperation of those of you living fake lives. Mtchhheeewww!

Nigerians and empty boasting...

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by IyawoToBe(f): 7:57pm On Nov 07, 2019
Malevonent:

Wondering if you used airbnb for a comodation,
What was the monthly rate. Am finding it hard getting affordable accomodation in chicago.
Kindly give tips

Between 1200-1500 you'd get something decent.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mommatriplets: 8:48pm On Nov 07, 2019
IyawoToBe:

Between 1200-1500 you'd get something decent.

Is it true that the VO's dont like airbnb accomodation, that they prefer hotels. for people coming to give birth?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 3:10pm On Nov 08, 2019
never heard this before.

mommatriplets:

Is it true that the VO's dont like airbnb accomodation, that they prefer hotels. for people coming to give birth?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Laurieuc: 4:19pm On Nov 08, 2019
Good day everyone

Please i have a question, i am preparing to apply for my US B2 visa by tuesday next week and i want to use an agent who says she will be able to get me a date this November for interview because my due date is fast appproaching

Please has anyone used this means to get an interview? Is it a good idea are there any consequences?

My good people kindly advise me thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 6:40pm On Nov 08, 2019
Laurieuc:
Good day everyone

Please i have a question, i am preparing to apply for my US B2 visa by tuesday next week and i want to use an agent who says she will be able to get me a date this November for interview because my due date is fast appproaching

Please has anyone used this means to get an interview? Is it a good idea are there any consequences?

Don’t use an agent. The rules are clear enough.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by FabioPeter: 6:40pm On Nov 08, 2019
Laurieuc:
Good day everyone

I have gotten a date for visa appointment via an agent. Sent him my confirmation page and he reverted with the appointment date. Cost 40k at the time.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Candybright: 11:35pm On Nov 08, 2019
Laurieuc:
Good day everyone

If you can't stay up your system and keep refreshing for date. You may have to employ someone who will do it for a fee. And that person may be the Ag
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chiowerri: 8:50am On Nov 09, 2019
it's okay to use an agent. Just make sure the appointment he/she gets for you is for B1/B2 or your class of visa. Some agents will get you early dates and when you go for your interview you will realise they got you humanitarian work or Vocational study appointment. Those appointment dates are always available.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by blossom101: 2:40pm On Nov 10, 2019
Hello my great people, pls I need your opinion or any experienced ones..... I'm travelling next month for my second missionary journey and I will be going with my 20months old toddler. Im trying to book our flight on travelstar with delta airline but I'm not allowed to buy him a seat. So here is the question; will delta airline allow me lap him with me at 35weeks gone? And coming back to naija with 2 kids on my lap wont be funny.... pls any suggestions. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Laurieuc: 7:43pm On Nov 10, 2019
Thanks

quote author=Candybright post=83862821]
If you can't stay up your system and keep refreshing for date. You may have to employ someone who will do it for a fee. And that person may be the Ag[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Laurieuc: 7:49pm On Nov 10, 2019
Hello my good people

Please has anyone gotten an appointment and used a doctor in Farrockaway queens Newyork? Or somwhere close?

Kindly share details

Thanks for your usual help
Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AngelicBeing: 7:23am On Nov 11, 2019
TWoods:

Nigerians and empty boasting...
Hian , falls from the peak of Snow packed Mount Everest, savages everywhere, @TWoods, I am deleting your name from those going to paradise, you are not going to Heaven again until you are properly born Again from your choice / use of words on Nairaland and secondly you must also drop the koboko laden with chilly pepper given to you by Donald Olusegun Ibrahim Eze Trump to flog visa applicants / boastful Nigerian's / liars in Nigeria wink grin

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chanbaby: 4:57pm On Nov 11, 2019
blossom101:
Hello my great people, pls I need your opinion or any experienced ones..... I'm travelling next month for my second missionary journey and I will be going with my 20months old toddler. Im trying to book our flight on travelstar with delta airline but I'm not allowed to buy him a seat. So here is the question; will delta airline allow me lap him with me at 35weeks gone? And coming back to naija with 2 kids on my lap wont be funny.... pls any suggestions. Thank you.

You can't buy a seat for a 20month old but when you are returning your will buy a seat for the baby which the Toddler will seat on. that was what I did on Emirate in Feb.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MkOlons: 10:16pm On Nov 11, 2019
Good evening all.

URGent Please!!!!!
Can someone who gave birth in Chicago on this thread be kind enough to share doctors details. Buget, and hospital. I will really appreciate it. My email is pinkporche@yahoo.com. Cheers anticipating a quick response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Fyorgyn: 1:05pm On Nov 12, 2019
blossom101:

You are NOT required to buy a seat for your 20Months old BUT you CAN buy a seatfor him if you wish to...He will HAVE to sit in his car seat. Please contact delta airline directly.

I always advise that, especially for missionary journeys, mamas buy from the airline directly. It saves you from a lot of stress especially when trying to add your new born to the ticket.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Eclectica: 5:22am On Nov 13, 2019
Hello Everyone,

DW had our LO in Houston last year and we inputed on our Baby's birth certificate the intownsuites address we stayed in as residence instead of our Nigerian address

I want to ask if someone in a similar situation (birth in Houston) has succeed in making the change of address on LO Birth certificate.

Thanks!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by desy24444(m): 8:21am On Nov 13, 2019
Hey
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 2:26pm On Nov 13, 2019
desy24444:
Hi all, i came in here a couple of days back as an immigrant. My wife is pregnant and almost 36 weeks gone. i am looking for recommendation on some of the hospitals around Buford, Georgia area and also any information about medical assistance like medicaid will be deeply appreciated. Thank you @tripleKmama

Hmmm.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by 7Alexandre: 2:31pm On Nov 13, 2019
desy24444:
Hi all, i came in here a couple of days back as an immigrant. My wife is pregnant and almost 36 weeks gone. i am looking for recommendation on some of the hospitals around Buford, Georgia area and also any information about medical assistance like medicaid will be deeply appreciated. Thank you @tripleKmama

Are you trying to use Medicaid as an immigrant or non-immigrant?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 2:35pm On Nov 13, 2019
7Alexandre:

Are you trying to use Medicaid as an immigrant or non-immigrant?

lol!...looks that way from his post.

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.