Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,633 members, 7,782,043 topics. Date: Saturday, 30 March 2024 at 08:21 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1151146 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (451) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Coriander45351: 11:18pm On May 02, 2021
Hello gurus in the house, i have an enquiry. I have a valid B2 visa but my due date is 2weeks after my visa's expiry date. Is it possible to still use this visa for birthing and hope the POE stamps me in for 6months. Do i risk getting banned for future visa applications by following this route if i am leaving the US after the expiry of my visa but before the expiry of my POE Stamped in date. Help a sister with valid information please.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by GraciousWords: 11:34pm On May 02, 2021
Coriander45351:
Hello gurus in the house, i have an enquiry. I have a valid B2 visa but my due date is 2weeks after my visa's expiry date. Is it possible to still use this visa for birthing and hope the POE stamps me in for 6months. Do i risk getting banned for future visa applications by following this route if i am leaving the US after the expiry of my visa but before the expiry of my POE Stamped in date. Help a sister with valid information please.

No one can accurately predict your future chances of getting a US visa.

Usually, people can enter the US before their visa expires and are permitted to stay there for a period corresponding to the stamp on their passport (usually 6 months max), regardless of whether their visa expires during their stay e.g. visa expires the day after they enter the US.

Read here:
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/frequently-asked-questions/about-basics.html

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by GraciousWords: 11:41pm On May 02, 2021
VOS are likely to deny visas to ladies they believe are going to the US solely for birth tourism.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/frequently-asked-questions/about-basics.html

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by pointednose: 1:22pm On May 03, 2021
Coriander45351:

You can enter the US before your visa expires.

Your visa only admits you to the point f entry.

Your entry into the US is determined by the officers at the point of entry.

So you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by myke1975: 6:55pm On May 03, 2021
hello good people of the house, please I need ur help concerning how to secure early appointment date,cos I do not no wy the available appointment date on u.s chat is showing next year wy my wife is going to deliver by July i
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AfonjaBoston: 8:24pm On May 03, 2021

Disclaimer: my case is different, please do what’s suit your spirit ( everyone POE experience is different and visa experience is different ).

And I know my visa renewal isn’t going to be an issues ... I will come back 2022 to give testimony �

You for no deactivate na lol. As you over confident.
Those VOs done mark you down lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AfonjaBoston: 8:30pm On May 03, 2021
myke1975:
hello good people of the house, please I need ur help concerning how to secure early appointment date,cos I do not no wy the available appointment date on u.s chat is showing next year wy my wife is going to deliver by July i

Your wife doesnt need to born for USA. Na God dey bless pikin no be where you born pikin.
As date no dey wetin you wan do? Go protest for embassy or stowaway?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Coriander45351: 7:42am On May 04, 2021
Thank you all for the information given smiley smiley smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 11:19am On May 04, 2021
I renewed my visa this morning and was granted.
I was asked how much I earn, when last did I visit the USA, why I didn’t travel on my last visa, what my husband does, where I’m going to in the USA and if I have any children. That was all (2-3 minutes).
Good luck to everyone traveling. I noticed some preggies, one was issued she’s quite big so wasn’t so noticeable and the other wasn’t given. The atmosphere wasn’t as tense as 2019 renewal. All the best to everyone looking to renew.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by purpleribbon(f): 12:26pm On May 04, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:
I was asked how much I earn, why I didn’t travel on my last visa, what my husband does, where I’m going to in the USA, how much I earn monthly and if I have any children. That was all (2-3 minutes).
Good luck to everyone traveling. I noticed some preggies, one was issued she’s quite big so wasn’t so noticeable and the other wasn’t given. The atmosphere wasn’t as tense as 2019 renewal. All the best to everyone looking to renew.

Congratulations!!!

Did you inform them about your intention to go and deliver. Has anyone told them at the POE that they are going to have their babies there?

Please what airlines are you all using? Emirates has still not resumed operations, Qatar would go to Ghana first and delta is showing 36 whole hours for the journey!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 12:38pm On May 04, 2021
purpleribbon:

Congratulations!!!

Did you inform them about your intention to go and deliver. Has anyone told them at the POE that they are going to have their babies there?

Please what airlines are you all using? Emirates has still not resumed operations, Qatar would go to Ghana first and delta is showing 36 whole hours for the journey!!!
I’m not pregnant yet I’m still trying. I wasn’t asked either.
Try BA they’re flying or Lufthansa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ibukunpops(f): 6:56pm On May 04, 2021
Congratulations

Debbieeeeeee:
I was asked how much I earn, why I didn’t travel on my last visa, what my husband does, where I’m going to in the USA, how much I earn monthly and if I have any children. That was all (2-3 minutes).

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ibukunpops(f): 6:57pm On May 04, 2021
No BA is not a good option for now, as they wont take people with visit visa

Ethiopia, Qatar and Delta are the best options for now.

Debbieeeeeee:

I’m not pregnant yet I’m still trying. I wasn’t asked either.
Try BA they’re flying or Lufthansa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 7:59pm On May 04, 2021
ibukunpops:
No BA is not a good option for now, as they wont take people with visit visa
Ethiopia, Qatar and Delta are the best options for now.
Then she has to endure Delta 36 hours. I hope by the time I’m ready to move this whole covid thing will be over or at least controlled to a large extent and I can fly BA jejely because I don’t think I do emirates to the USA again.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kemo88: 8:44am On May 05, 2021
Coriander45351:
I’m assuming you got this visa before the ban then. I think you are fine. You can even declare because you got the medical visa before the ban. I’d use the visa if I were you, denials are not funny at the embassy now. Plus you can only renew 3 months before your visa expires. You’d be showing by then. You can stay in after your visa expires if you are stamped in for long. I’d even advice if asked at POE when your due date is you should say it’s before your visa expires, if they see you gave birth after no biggie women give birth after their due date.
This is just my advice.
As for the visa renewal I wouldn’t worry, you had a B2 and you thought you’d give birth before it expires but baby came later. Plus when we get to that bridge, we’d cross it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by omoluka: 9:09am On May 05, 2021
Good morning my people, please, what is the waiting time for B1/B2 visa now?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lexini: 10:33am On May 05, 2021
Hi

I sent you a DM. Can you hook me up with your agent?

Zinzar:
I used an agent and i couldn't get date in lagos so I opted for Abuja.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by KayLayChi: 3:13pm On May 05, 2021
Please who has heard anything about the Dropbox?

"Expansion of Interview Waiver Eligibility" https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/expansion-of-interview-waiver-eligibility.html
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lochinny: 5:10am On May 06, 2021
Hi guys! Wanted to give my POE experience coz I’ve learnt a lot here and I believe mine would help someone. Sometime in March I told you guys about having a visa that’ll expire in May and that I was thinking of using it to give birth. I was encouraged most especially by @debbieeeeee
and @pointednose to go ahead.. and I actually did.

So here’s my experience:
I traveled with my Child which I gave birth to with the same visa 2 years ago. It wasn’t an easy journey. Went with Qatar airways. (One of the best airline I must say, just that the journey was quite long)
My POE was JFK which I used the previous time. When I got there, I was directed to join the citizens line because of my child. While on the line, a lady saw me and asked me to come forward (obviously a helper from God plus she saw I was pregnant and carrying a child) mind you, I didn’t try to cover it my pregnancy. did same 2 years ago infact I was almost due when I traveled the last time.
So back to my story, I met the POE officer who asked for my passport, he collected my child’s own and asked what I’m here for, I told him to have my 2nd baby. He looked at the computer for a while without saying a word to me, then stamped my child’s passport. Then he collected mine and asked where I was going to stay and asked for how long. I told him the town I was staying and I’m looking at 3months Or more. He now asked if I came with any food stuffs and I told him just spices, he now asked to see my face and I removed my face mask. He then stamped my passport 6 months and said have a nice stay.

From this, I can tell you two things
1) prayer is the key. I and my husband prayed seriously for a smooth Poe. Even told my pastor

2) Be truthful. Just say the truth to them. I learnt it here that being honest pays so when I traveled to have my first child, I told them exactly the same thing, (then I was obviously pregnant so I couldn’t even dare lying) and it was an easy Poe and I used the same JFK.
After hearing people say that 2nd time is always tougher, I got scared and people advised me to cover up since my pregnancy isn’t that obvious but I still couldn’t see myself doing it. I just said what will be will be. I made sure I was with every single receipt from the first one and a letter from the hospital showing I didn’t collect any Medicaid from them. Still they didn’t ask of anything..

These people appreciate honesty and I think if we keep being honest, they’ll start seeing Nigerians in a good way.

Thanks @Debbieeeeee and @PointedNose for the encouragement.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lochinny: 5:16am On May 06, 2021
Please also, been searching for an appointment date for my husband but was initially seeing may 2022. Then today I stopped seeing it. Been checking everyday to see if I’ll see a favorable date.
But since today, I’ve been seeing no date available.

Pls has anyone experienced this before?
Does anyone know any means I can get a near date? Pls ur advice and suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lochinny: 5:21am On May 06, 2021
Coriander45351:

You can go! I went and was stamped in. Though my visa was about 2 weeks to expiry and I told them I was going to have my baby. They didn’t ask Edd or anything and my edd isn’t even close. Yet they stamped me 6months. U’re even lucky to have B2 visa. Mine was B1/B2
I’d suggest you use JFK as I’ve confirmed twice that they are more understanding and also pray about it. It’ll be a smooth experience for you too by God’s grace

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by obiwankenobi: 6:56am On May 06, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Then she has to endure Delta 36 hours. I hope by the time I’m ready to move this whole covid thing will be over or at least controlled to a large extent and I can fly BA jejely because I don’t think I do emirates to the USA again.

Delta is the shortest, 12.5 hrs to ATL
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:39am On May 06, 2021
Lochinny congratulations girl, this is good news. I’m glad for you. JFK no Dey disappoint grin and all the best with the remaining part of the journey.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:41am On May 06, 2021
obiwankenobi:

Delta is the shortest, 12.5 hrs to ATL
She said the delta flights she got had connections that came to 36 hours. So this one isn’t going to atl straight maybe to Germany on Lufthansa first and long layovers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babestell(f): 9:01am On May 06, 2021
Congratulations. Thank God for safe journey. Best of Luck

Lochinny:
Hi guys! Wanted to give my POE experience coz I’ve learnt a lot here and I believe mine would help someone. Sometime in March I told you guys about having a visa that’ll expire in May and that I was thinking of using it to give birth. I was encouraged most especially by @debbieeeeee
and @pointednose to go ahead.. and I actually did.

So here’s my experience:
I traveled with my Child which I gave birth to with the same visa 2 years ago. It wasn’t an easy journey. Went with Qatar airways. (One of the best airline I must say, just that the journey was quite long)
My POE was JFK which I used the previous time. When I got there, I was directed to join the citizens line because of my child. While on the line, a lady saw me and asked me to come forward (obviously a helper from God plus she saw I was pregnant and carrying a child) mind you, I didn’t try to cover it my pregnancy. did same 2 years ago infact I was almost due when I traveled the last time.
So back to my story, I met the POE officer who asked for my passport, he collected my child’s own and asked what I’m here for, I told him to have my 2nd baby. He looked at the computer for a while without saying a word to me, then stamped my child’s passport. Then he collected mine and asked where I was going to stay and asked for how long. I told him the town I was staying and I’m looking at 3months Or more. He now asked if I came with any food stuffs and I told him just spices, he now asked to see my face and I removed my face mask. He then stamped my passport 6 months and said have a nice stay.

From this, I can tell you two things
1) prayer is the key. I and my husband prayed seriously for a smooth Poe. Even told my pastor

2) Be truthful. Just say the truth to them. I learnt it here that being honest pays so when I traveled to have my first child, I told them exactly the same thing, (then I was obviously pregnant so I couldn’t even dare lying) and it was an easy Poe and I used the same JFK.
After hearing people say that 2nd time is always tougher, I got scared and people advised me to cover up since my pregnancy isn’t that obvious but I still couldn’t see myself doing it. I just said what will be will be. I made sure I was with every single receipt from the first one and a letter from the hospital showing I didn’t collect any Medicaid from them. Still they didn’t ask of anything..

These people appreciate honesty and I think if we keep being honest, they’ll start seeing Nigerians in a good way.

Thanks @Debbieeeeee and @PointedNose for the encouragement.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babestell(f): 9:02am On May 06, 2021
why cant she use Air France or Lufthansa?

Debbieeeeeee:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:11am On May 06, 2021
babestell:
why cant she use Air France or Lufthansa?
She said some airlines aren’t flying to the USA at the moment.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babestell(f): 9:11am On May 06, 2021
So generally I think they are giving visas whether you have born there or not before. The major issue now is that you cannot carry visible pregnancy and get a visa solely to give birth without a cogent reason. At least 3 of my girlfriends have renewed thier visas.

Thank you Joe Biden grin grin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babestell(f): 9:15am On May 06, 2021
Hian,

Is she sure? Did she call their offices?

Lufthansa is still flying

Debbieeeeeee:

She said some airlines aren’t flying to the USA at the moment.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:42am On May 06, 2021
babestell:
Hian,

Is she sure? Did she call their offices?

Lufthansa is still flying

I suggested BA because they’re not bad at least in terms of timing and I suggested Lufthansa too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:43am On May 06, 2021
babestell:
So generally I think they are giving visas whether you have born there or not before. The major issue now is that you cannot carry visible pregnancy and get a visa solely to give birth without a cogent reason. At least 3 of my girlfriends have renewed thier visas.

Thank you Joe Biden grin grin grin
Your friends were lucky , mine didn’t get o , they even join her husband refused him. She went all the way to Abuja due to this no date wahala
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chiall: 9:44am On May 06, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:
I was asked how much I earn, why I didn’t travel on my last visa, what my husband does, where I’m going to in the USA and if I have any children. That was all (2-3 minutes).
congratulations ma. Please I want to ask if you have been to the US before ma?

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (451) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.