Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,982 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1161563 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:47am On May 06, 2021
Chiall:
congratulations ma. Please I want to ask if you have been to the US before ma?
Yes I have, my last visit was 2/3 years ago, haven’t had time to travel to the USA but I have been renewing.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babestell(f): 9:59am On May 06, 2021
OMG!!!

WOW!!

Biden return my thank you angry angry angry

Debbieeeeeee:

Your friends were lucky , mine didn’t get o , they even join her husband refused him. She went all the way to Abuja due to this no date wahala
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:22am On May 06, 2021
babestell:
OMG!!!
WOW!!
Biden return my thank you angry angry angry
Painful part was the man had a valid visa and felt they should go as a family. After flight payment , hotel accommodation, paid for dates too. I felt very bad.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by pointednose: 4:10pm On May 06, 2021
Awww...so glad to hear this, and I wish you a smooth delivery.
Lochinny:
Hi guys! Wanted to give my POE experience coz I’ve learnt a lot here and I believe mine would help someone. Sometime in March I told you guys about having a visa that’ll expire in May and that I was thinking of using it to give birth. I was encouraged most especially by @debbieeeeee
and @pointednose to go ahead.. and I actually did.

So here’s my experience:
I traveled with my Child which I gave birth to with the same visa 2 years ago. It wasn’t an easy journey. Went with Qatar airways. (One of the best airline I must say, just that the journey was quite long)
My POE was JFK which I used the previous time. When I got there, I was directed to join the citizens line because of my child. While on the line, a lady saw me and asked me to come forward (obviously a helper from God plus she saw I was pregnant and carrying a child) mind you, I didn’t try to cover it my pregnancy. did same 2 years ago infact I was almost due when I traveled the last time.
So back to my story, I met the POE officer who asked for my passport, he collected my child’s own and asked what I’m here for, I told him to have my 2nd baby. He looked at the computer for a while without saying a word to me, then stamped my child’s passport. Then he collected mine and asked where I was going to stay and asked for how long. I told him the town I was staying and I’m looking at 3months Or more. He now asked if I came with any food stuffs and I told him just spices, he now asked to see my face and I removed my face mask. He then stamped my passport 6 months and said have a nice stay.

From this, I can tell you two things
1) prayer is the key. I and my husband prayed seriously for a smooth Poe. Even told my pastor

2) Be truthful. Just say the truth to them. I learnt it here that being honest pays so when I traveled to have my first child, I told them exactly the same thing, (then I was obviously pregnant so I couldn’t even dare lying) and it was an easy Poe and I used the same JFK.
After hearing people say that 2nd time is always tougher, I got scared and people advised me to cover up since my pregnancy isn’t that obvious but I still couldn’t see myself doing it. I just said what will be will be. I made sure I was with every single receipt from the first one and a letter from the hospital showing I didn’t collect any Medicaid from them. Still they didn’t ask of anything..

These people appreciate honesty and I think if we keep being honest, they’ll start seeing Nigerians in a good way.

Thanks @Debbieeeeee and @PointedNose for the encouragement.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by pointednose: 4:13pm On May 06, 2021
It is not advisable to fly any European airline now. People have said it over and over again on this platform. A friend of mine was turned back and was not carried by Lutfhansa. They are only carrying US residents and citizens.
Debbieeeeeee:

I suggested BA because they’re not bad at least in terms of timing and I suggested Lufthansa too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 7:08pm On May 06, 2021
pointednose:
It is not advisable to fly any European airline now. People have said it over and over again on this platform. A friend of mine was turned back and was not carried by Lutfhansa. They are only carrying US residents and citizens.
Then Qatar is the way now
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Thankful11011: 12:45am On May 07, 2021
Good day mummies, please i gave birth to my kids 2016 and 2018 respectively, both in Houston north west medical centre, i havnt tried to renew since then because of the rejection of low medical fees, but now i want to renew, my husband and i have never travelled together before and he has only been to Dubai, but i have been to UK, Netherlands and schooled in wales , so i was thinking we should go on a vacation together in the USA, but im scared of fear of rejection, my question is , is it adviseable i apply alone or together with my husband,
thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:13am On May 07, 2021
Thankful11011:
Good day mummies, please i gave birth to my kids 2016 and 2018 respectively, both in Houston north west medical centre, i havnt tried to renew since then because of the rejection of low medical fees, but now i want to renew, my husband and i have never travelled together before and he has only been to Dubai, but i have been to UK, Netherlands and schooled in wales , so i was thinking we should go on a vacation together in the USA, but im scared of fear of rejection, my question is , is it adviseable i apply alone or together with my husband,
thanks
No one can actually say what your chances are for real because there’s no V.O here but you can gather from the experience of others. I’ll say there’s no harm in trying and hoping God will come through.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babestell(f): 9:44am On May 07, 2021
My dear, this question is tough. My friend went with her husband and got. another went alone and got. both of them gave birth abroad

Look at your support documents and make sure they tell a good story that support your application. Then of course pray you meet a favourable VO. the truth is that you have to act fast, the dates are scarce and you can't let fear hold you back.

GOOD LUCK

Thankful11011:
thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by obiwankenobi: 11:04am On May 07, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Then Qatar is the way now

Use delta, leave wakanow and co, call their customer care line, they will book send flight itinerary (the direct option to either JFK or ATL). 12.5 hrs to ATL from lagos.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by purpleribbon(f): 3:56pm On May 07, 2021
ibukunpops:
No BA is not a good option for now, as they wont take people with visit visa

Ethiopia, Qatar and Delta are the best options for now.

Thank you very much. I was able to get Qatar’s ticket. Thanks again!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by purpleribbon(f): 4:04pm On May 07, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

I suggested BA because they’re not bad at least in terms of timing and I suggested Lufthansa too
I was at BA’s office yesterday to inquire about their tickets and all. I was informed that they are currently not flying pax with visitors visas. Only citizens and PRs can buy their tickets for now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 4:06pm On May 07, 2021
purpleribbon:

I was at BA’s office yesterday to inquire about their tickets and all. I was informed that they are currently not flying pax with visitors visas. Only citizens and PRs can buy their tickets for now.
Oh wow! Thanks for letting the house in on this information. Someone just suggested you call Delta.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Thankful11011: 6:26pm On May 07, 2021
you sound very very very ignorant, i paid the amount given to me, dont forgot alot of mummies are on this table where we paid the bill that wAs given to us, secondly he is my husband, im not pregnant so why wont i want to vacay with him, i beg shift if you dont have anything reasonable to say

Lol do you really wanna vacay with him cos you want to or na part of " visa packaging" cos you dey fear?

If i was you i will be really concerned after you done chop discount that is not your right.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Thankful11011: 6:27pm On May 07, 2021
thank you, fingers crossed

quote author=babestell post=101457836]My dear, this question is tough. My friend went with her husband and got. another went alone and got. both of them gave birth abroad

Look at your support documents and make sure they tell a good story that support your application. Then of course pray you meet a favourable VO. the truth is that you have to act fast, the dates are scarce and you can't let fear hold you back.

GOOD LUCK

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by purpleribbon(f): 10:49pm On May 07, 2021
Thankful11011:
you sound very very very ignorant, i paid the amount given to me, dont forgot alot of mummies are on this table where we paid the bill that wAs given to us, secondly he is my husband, im not pregnant so why wont i want to vacay with him, i beg shift if you dont have anything reasonable to say

Lol do you really wanna vacay with him cos you want to or na part of " visa packaging" cos you dey fear?

If i was you i will be really concerned after you done chop discount that is not your right.

I don’t know how you haven’t noticed that nobody responds to Afonja. Someone that is hating from outside when he can’t even get in. Please keep being unbothered and disregard his subsequent posts. His opinions are insignificant. T for tenks

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babestell(f): 9:58am On May 10, 2021
Thank you dear.

purpleribbon:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babestell(f): 10:03am On May 10, 2021
Pls who has travelled pregnant with Delta before? what was the esperience like? is their premium economy worth it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by enidot: 11:07am On May 10, 2021
Use the same MRV fees paid to book the appointment, u can fill and submit DS160 form 3 days before your interview

Supernatural198:

Thank you for this reply... Does that mean the visa fee code I have has expired or I can still use it all I need is to fill about D160 form? Pls explain further for clarity.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by beautyuche: 3:57pm On May 10, 2021
I am on this table trying to renew but dont know what to expect....HNWMC the bill was the best. My issue is will one get a visa just for vacation in a covid era?
I had my visa for a conference and attended the conference. Got pregnant latter and used the visa for birthing and same conference as it fell on my departure week so I showed face for my company. Renewal scares me not with all have read in the past.

Thankful11011:
thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Thankful11011: 8:10pm On May 10, 2021
u can still try, im going to try with my husband and hope luck shines on me

beautyuche:
I am on this table trying to renew but dont know what to expect....HNWMC the bill was the best. My issue is will one get a visa just for vacation in a covid era?
I had my visa for a conference and attended the conference. Got pregnant latter and used the visa for birthing and same conference as it fell on my departure week so I showed face for my company. Renewal scares me not with all have read in the past.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Thankful11011: 8:12pm On May 10, 2021
please do you know the hospitals your friends gave birth in, because the renewal chances depends on the hospital and the amount that was paid

babestell:
My dear, this question is tough. My friend went with her husband and got. another went alone and got. both of them gave birth abroad

GOOD LUCK

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ibukunpops(f): 11:28pm On May 11, 2021
Yes it is worth it, more leg room

Delta is the best to travel with when pregnant, no fit to fly, no unnecessary procedures/documents like other airlines.

babestell:
Pls who has travelled pregnant with Delta before? what was the esperience like? is their premium economy worth it

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Veniscy: 10:00am On May 15, 2021
good day everyone. are there single moms here that have gone through this route? please I will need all the help in terms of info on how to scale through. thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AfonjaBoston: 11:20am On May 15, 2021
purpleribbon:

I don’t know how you haven’t noticed that nobody responds to Afonja. Someone that is hating from outside when he can’t even get in. Please keep being unbothered and disregard his subsequent posts. His opinions are insignificant. T for tenks

Lol truth dey pepper liar for yansh
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babestell(f): 12:28pm On May 17, 2021
West Houston

Thankful11011:
please do you know the hospitals your friends gave birth in, because the renewal chances depends on the hospital and the amount that was paid

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babestell(f): 12:29pm On May 17, 2021
thank you
ibukunpops:
Yes it is worth it, more leg room

Delta is the best to travel with when pregnant, no fit to fly, no unnecessary procedures/documents like other airlines.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babestell(f): 12:30pm On May 17, 2021
which route?

Veniscy:
good day everyone. are there single moms here that have gone through this route? please I will need all the help in terms of info on how to scale through. thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Goodnessandmercy: 12:59pm On May 17, 2021
pointednose:
Awww...so glad to hear this, and I wish you a smooth delivery.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by pointednose: 1:07pm On May 17, 2021
Good day everyone,

Please I just filled a new DS-160 form after submitting an old one. A new application ID was generated and the new ID is showing on my confirmation page. But I want to be sure I'm on the right track because I have seen people say one needs to "update the profile".
I have tried to figure out how to update the profile but not getting a hang of it or have I updated the profile already seeing that the new Application ID is showing on the confirmation page?

I realised my appointment confirmation page has my old application ID. Can't seem to find anywhere to update my profile. My appointment was also automatically rescheduled by the embassy few weeks ago.

Please help me.

Thanks everyone.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Goodnessandmercy: 1:13pm On May 17, 2021
Congratulations
Lochinny:
Hi guys! Wanted to give my POE experience coz I’ve learnt a lot here and I believe mine would help someone. Sometime in March I told you guys about having a visa that’ll expire in May and that I was thinking of using it to give birth. I was encouraged most especially by @debbieeeeee
and @pointednose to go ahead.. and I actually did.

So here’s my experience:
I traveled with my Child which I gave birth to with the same visa 2 years ago. It wasn’t an easy journey. Went with Qatar airways. (One of the best airline I must say, just that the journey was quite long)
My POE was JFK which I used the previous time. When I got there, I was directed to join the citizens line because of my child. While on the line, a lady saw me and asked me to come forward (obviously a helper from God plus she saw I was pregnant and carrying a child) mind you, I didn’t try to cover it my pregnancy. did same 2 years ago infact I was almost due when I traveled the last time.
So back to my story, I met the POE officer who asked for my passport, he collected my child’s own and asked what I’m here for, I told him to have my 2nd baby. He looked at the computer for a while without saying a word to me, then stamped my child’s passport. Then he collected mine and asked where I was going to stay and asked for how long. I told him the town I was staying and I’m looking at 3months Or more. He now asked if I came with any food stuffs and I told him just spices, he now asked to see my face and I removed my face mask. He then stamped my passport 6 months and said have a nice stay.

From this, I can tell you two things
1) prayer is the key. I and my husband prayed seriously for a smooth Poe. Even told my pastor

2) Be truthful. Just say the truth to them. I learnt it here that being honest pays so when I traveled to have my first child, I told them exactly the same thing, (then I was obviously pregnant so I couldn’t even dare lying) and it was an easy Poe and I used the same JFK.
After hearing people say that 2nd time is always tougher, I got scared and people advised me to cover up since my pregnancy isn’t that obvious but I still couldn’t see myself doing it. I just said what will be will be. I made sure I was with every single receipt from the first one and a letter from the hospital showing I didn’t collect any Medicaid from them. Still they didn’t ask of anything..

These people appreciate honesty and I think if we keep being honest, they’ll start seeing Nigerians in a good way.

Thanks @Debbieeeeee and @PointedNose for the encouragement.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.