Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,382 members, 7,781,076 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:29 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (428) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1150812 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (451) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:32am On Dec 27, 2022
Mrskay2017:
Good day Everyone, compliments of the season, please i had my two kids in HNWMC, i have my renewal interview date in January, going alone for visiting, read alot of rejections, infact the horry stories made me not to renew for a long time, i would like to know if mummies who gave birth in the same hospital has renewed n what to expect
thanks
I think the horror story season is over. If you qualify for Dropbox(48 months timeline) then do Dropbox, if not attend your interview and you’ll be okay. Compliments of the season.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by pointednose: 8:45pm On Dec 27, 2022
You need to add her as someone travelling with you even if she does not need a visa.
Ehimeomo:
Hello house, this place was quite helpful during my application time for child-birth (2018). I will be going for renewal (interview) in January, please, while filling my DS-160 , do I have to fill in my child’s name under “other persons traveling with you?” Though, we are traveling together but she has a US passport (citizen) kinda looks confusing since she isn’t applying, is filling her info optional? Kindly assist!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mrskay2017: 10:38pm On Dec 27, 2022
Debbieeeeeee:

I think the horror story season is over. If you qualify for Dropbox(48 months timeline) then do Dropbox, if not attend your interview and you’ll be okay. Compliments of the season.

Thank you, i feel confident , thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Sweetuzy01: 8:59pm On Dec 31, 2022
Hi Momma, are you still in Elpaso? Kindly chat me up let's connect pls or any other momma in Elpaso?

Somandla:

Hi,

Point of entry was phoenix enroute to El Paso love, if you any other questions I will gladly answer

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Somandla: 2:56am On Jan 03, 2023
Sweetuzy01:

Hi Momma, are you still in Elpaso? Kindly chat me up let's connect pls or any other momma in Elpaso?

Hi left, I left El Paso early Nov, which was two weeks after giving birth.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Somandla: 3:18am On Jan 03, 2023
ibhadeo:

Please do you know of any suitable accommodation one can lodge in as i dont have any relative in that part of the country. Thank you.

Hi for El Paso your options depends on cost/ affordability, Air bnb will cost more & might be far to and from Dr's office & hospital, but comes with all the comfort of home.

OR

You can explore long term stay e.g intown suites but book the newly renovated rooms, works out to $400-$460 per week, the newly renovated rooms with wooden floors are better and closer to the main office than the dodgy normal rooms which are just filthy in my opinion as they have carpets and just gross.

However you have to purchase your own cooking utensils e.g pots, blender, cups, plate etc but it's very much doable, bear in mind house keeping comes once a week, and their beds are super soft which is not ideal for a pregnant woman as to no support, but there is a kitchenette, full size fridge, microwave, 5min drive to the Doctors office and the hospital and walking distance to restaurants, supermarket (El Super), Dollar store, Ross, Burlington, Walmart, if you are only accompanied by someone, but if alone just Uber, max cost for a ride $10 and 2 massive shopping centers Cielo vista and fountains at Farrah's which are 7-10min Uber Ride.
You can order groceries, water, essentials on insta cart app or Walmart grocery for same day delivery!

Birth certificate came out 3days after birth & passport got it same day, left when baby was 14days!

Goodluck if you choose El Paso, everything was very smooth sailing, quick, Dr and hospital stuff super professional, but I would highly recommend you go with a loved IF POSSIBLE, mentally and physically it takes a toll on you.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mrskay2017: 5:35pm On Jan 03, 2023
Good day and a Happy New year to everyone,
please i have my interview this January, been trying to get the new financial councilor of HNWMC to send me this letter that the miracle baby moments do not have anything to do with government funds and she won't send it to me saying my zero balance letter was enough, please if anyone has this letter, please send it to me please, my email is vikcel101@gmail.com , thankss

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Sweetuzy01: 9:49pm On Jan 04, 2023
Oh wow.....you mean you were able to get the BC and passport within 2 weeks before you left?

Somandla:

Hi left, I left El Paso early Nov, which was two weeks after giving birth.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Somandla: 12:27pm On Jan 06, 2023
Correct, baby born Saturday, Birth certificate was out Wednesday, I went to pick up Thursday and got passport pics, Friday morning went to process passport and requested to have it same day, got it in the afternoon, so everything before the baby was even 7days.

The only thing that was mailed to my relatives was the SSN envelope, which they got 16days after my birth, so very quick

Sweetuzy01:
Oh wow.....you mean you were able to get the BC and passport within 2 weeks before you left?

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by baauh: 6:31pm On Jan 06, 2023
Hello
We also had a baby at del sol el paso on 31st dec

1. Rodolofo send only email of zero balance sheet. Will it be ok for future visa or poe

2. Saira at del sol said that after 2 weeks she will send itemized bill. Although we paid only 2200 usd at del sol. Is she going to send something more. How was your experience

3. Passport appointment on 9th jan.
Can dummy ticket will work. Showing return on 15th jan
Do we need baby photographs.
What should we write in ds-11 form for social security.

4. Anything we need to take from del sol or east side medical center before we leave usa.
Is post natal check up and baby check up on 14 dec we can skip?

Somandla:
Correct, baby born Saturday, Birth certificate was out Wednesday, I went to pick up Thursday and got passport pics, Friday morning went to process passport and requested to have it same day, got it in the afternoon, so everything before the baby was even 7days.

The only thing that was mailed to my relatives was the SSN envelope, which they got 16days after my birth, so very quick

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Onyinyeobi: 1:08am On Jan 07, 2023
Hi,please I submitted my passport on December 7th for interview waiver ie dropbox and as at today I am yet to get a response from the embassy.Anyone knows how I can fast track this?
I intend having my baby in Texas and am 38weeks gone,can I still make it if I get my passport by next week?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Somandla: 5:48am On Jan 07, 2023
Hi, congratulations

zero balance will do for your future visa , keep all your receipt from Doctors office, anesthesia ( if you used epidural) and the receipt you got from Del sol administration when you made your hospital payment.

Baby pics go to CVS or Walmart is $16

Dummy booking will do

For social security, you will sign declaration form at the passport office.

Postnatal app, you can schedule nextweek, call the Doctor's office and bring date forward, they will accommodate you, it's included in your paid package.

Baby app you can skip is not included in the package, you can do that when you get to your base.

Please write back with price of adding an infant with airline &
Where you stayed & price, more info regarding these for future plans will help, everyone's experience counts!

baauh:
Hello
We also had a baby at del sol el paso on 31st dec

1. Rodolofo send only email of zero balance sheet. Will it be ok for future visa or poe

2. Saira at del sol said that after 2 weeks she will send itemized bill. Although we paid only 2200 usd at del sol. Is she going to send something more. How was your experience

3. Passport appointment on 9th jan.
Can dummy ticket will work. Showing return on 15th jan
Do we need baby photographs.
What should we write in ds-11 form for social security.

4. Anything we need to take from del sol or east side medical center before we leave usa.
Is post natal check up and baby check up on 14 dec we can skip?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 11:48am On Jan 07, 2023
Onyinyeobi:
Hi,please I submitted my passport on December 7th for interview waiver ie dropbox and as at today I am yet to get a response from the embassy.Anyone knows how I can fast track this?
I intend having my baby in Texas and am 38weeks gone,can I still make it if I get my passport by next week?
Have you tracked your passport? Please do it should be ready. You’re far gone already. My friend submitted on the 8th and it was ready by 22nd or 21st I can’t remember the exact date but they waited till after holidays to pick up the passport. Try tracking by sending an email containing just your passport number to passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com make sure there’s nothing else in the body of the email asides the passport number.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Deltapikin101: 1:08pm On Jan 07, 2023
Onyinyeobi:

Oh dear. Same thing is happening to me, currently 33weeks gone and I applied on the 1st of December. Tracked it and it still says "application received", but the "case updated" date keeps changing every 3days. Really confusing. You can track your application via this link
https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=NIV let's know how it progresses.
Thanks to everyone who has shared info here. You've been really helpful.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 7:28pm On Jan 07, 2023
Deltapikin101:

Oh dear. Same thing is happening to me, currently 33weeks gone and I applied on the 1st of December. Tracked it and it still says "application received", but the "case updated" date keeps changing every 3days. Really confusing. You can track your application via this link
https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=NIV let's know how it progresses.
Thanks to everyone who has shared info here. You've been really helpful.
I’m rooting for you both, I think at 33 weeks there’s still hope, it’s 38 weeks I’m worried about and I’m hoping a miracle happens.
With all these I’m reading I won’t make the mistake of renewing before I leave, I’ll leave before it expires and renew when I’m back because once your passport goes in you have no control on when it comes back and what’s going on with it inside there.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Onyinyeobi: 6:26am On Jan 08, 2023
Thank you for the responses.I have tried tracking and it keeps telling me invalid reference number,then I sent a mail with just my passport no and got a reply that Mo status update for the passport number.If I can’t make it this week then I will cancel the plans to travel.So sad!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Deltapikin101: 8:06am On Jan 08, 2023
Onyinyeobi:
Thank you for the responses.I have tried tracking and it keeps telling me invalid reference number,then I sent a mail with just my passport no and got a reply that Mo status update for the passport number.If I can’t make it this week then I will cancel the plans to travel.So sad!

I'm so sorry. That's really strange cuz it's meant to show you something as long as your passport is with them. Confirm you're using the correct code to track, it should be your DS-160 Confirmation number. Also you could try going to your designated DHL office to find out if it's been delivered. You could also try calling them on +23412278955, follow the prompt and make sure they connect you to an agent. All the best!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cindermum: 10:45pm On Jan 08, 2023
Onyinyeobi:

Does your reference number have O and you have been using 0 as a opposed to O or vice versa. Check this may be the case.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 12:40am On Jan 09, 2023
Onyinyeobi:
Please give them a call tomorrow or go to the DHL office where you selected to pickup just to see what’s going on but please call first as soon as they’re open. Hoping something positive come through for you!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babyfaiz: 9:33am On Jan 11, 2023
Mrskay2017:
Good day and a Happy New year to everyone,
please i have my interview this January, been trying to get the new financial councilor of HNWMC to send me this letter that the miracle baby moments do not have anything to do with government funds and she won't send it to me saying my zero balance letter was enough, please if anyone has this letter, please send it to me please, my email is vikcel101@gmail.com , thankss
You don’t need any letter. My wife had our baby at the same hospital. The most important things are all the receipts of payment and how much you paid in total. The financial counselor used to be Shelly but was replaced with Lilliana. Shelly could bend the rules a little but not this new one. Be prepared for these questions - Did you declare your intention of child birth? Why? How much you paid? If you went on a medical b1/ b2 then no issues. If it was just visiting, you have a lot to explain. All in all… you have a better chance now than when the whole Trump admin made things difficult. Just be honest n give logical answers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ritrich(m): 1:11pm On Jan 13, 2023
2 weeks to travelling to the US to birth my handsome boys, my 22 months old pregnancy developed Intestinal obstruction, started contracting, went into pre-term labour and my twin boy could not survive the incubator and that was i lost my boys i have been waiting for 14 years. God is still in charge

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by pufframmy: 10:50pm On Jan 13, 2023
sorry to hear this

ritrich:
2 weeks to travelling to the US to birth my handsome boys, my 22 months old pregnancy developed Intestinal obstruction, started contracting, went into pre-term labour and my twin boy could not survive the incubator and that was i lost my boys i have been waiting for 14 years. God is still in charge
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 5:46am On Jan 14, 2023
ritrich:

Whao! Such a sad one. So sorry for your loss. As you rightly said, God is still in charge, so don't give up hope. Though it may tarry, but it will surely still come to pass. Hang in there,

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Headhearthand: 8:58pm On Jan 14, 2023
Hi Mama, how did this end for you? I am in a similar situation after giving birth in MD. I need advice pls.

Kemo88:
Hello everyone ,
Had my baby in Maryland and the hospital bills alone were over 21k, I felt like I was being over charged compared to the estimate I was given. I started off in labor and by the next day I went in for CS… I stayed for 72hrs. Then I came back after two days on account of high BP and was observed for two days. I have been asked to write a letter saying the bills are more than expected and request that some bills be knocked off. I was also asked to fill a form. But when I looked at the form all I was seeing is financial assistance. When I called them, the man was saying it’s an in-house hospital thing to knock bills off. That it’s not financial assistance. I hope this wouldn’t affect my visa application in the future. I don’t want to have any issues … I don’t know what to do. Should I apply? Please I need advice. I just feel my bills are not fair enough compared to the estimate I was given. but he said the bills have been reviewed and the only way to knock off is it write a letter saying it’s over the estimate. But the form is titled financial assistance. Advice please ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ufkenedy(m): 9:08am On Jan 15, 2023
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Sweetuzy01: 5:14pm On Jan 15, 2023
Pls what documents did you get for Nigeria: Visa, ETC, Nig. Passport? Pls can you share process or contact? Thank you �

Somandla:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Somandla: 1:48pm On Jan 16, 2023
Sorry can't help am not Nigerian

Sweetuzy01:

Pls what documents did you get for Nigeria: Visa, ETC, Nig. Passport? Pls can you share process or contact? Thank you �

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Sweetuzy01: 7:18pm On Jan 16, 2023
Ohhhhh, my bad. Thanks for the infor so far. Hope you and baby doing great?

Somandla:

Sorry can't help am not Nigerian

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by flourishing247: 9:39am On Jan 17, 2023
ritrich:

So sorry for your loss. God will do it again. Stay in faith.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Deltapikin101: 2:44pm On Jan 17, 2023
Hello Good people!

I applied for my visa at 28weeks pregnant (after waiting for a date for a long time, and later qualifying for the 48month IW) I'm currently 35 weeks, and am yet to hear anything from the embassy. Tracked my application and it just says "Application Received" still, after 7 weeks!!! All calls and messages are just given the same generic responses, and are never any help. My mum applied same day as me and got hers 3weeks later. She applied for a tourist visa, and I applied for Medical B2. Been to DHL office, and they say the passport is still with the consulate/embassy. Is any one in the same situation, or does anyone have any suggestion to help me move the process along? Thank you! I will definitely give updates on this thread, as you guys have been so helpful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (451) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.