Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,354 members, 7,780,949 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:13 AM

Not For Politics, My Rice Is Only Politically Branded - Governorship Aspirant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Not For Politics, My Rice Is Only Politically Branded - Governorship Aspirant (616 Views)

SDP Governorship Aspirant, Sen. Iyiola Omisore Spotted On Queue To Cast His Vote / Tonye Cole: Biography, Net Worth, Wife, Children, Governorship Aspirant Rivers / Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Not For Politics, My Rice Is Only Politically Branded - Governorship Aspirant by SharpmindsAC: 1:44pm On Dec 24, 2017
"THEY SAY THEIR RICE IS NOT POLITICALLY MOTIVATED, IT IS ONLY POLITICALLY BRANDED"
By: Olanrewaju Ojuoluwa

I must confess, I am not impressed. And as a matter of fact, most of us are not. It is now evident how one-channeled they could be. It is also obvious that if it has not been for young and vibrant brains working for them, they are embarrassingly empty!

The latest episode of their display of lunacy started about a week ago when one of them went back to his 'constituency' (even though it was to some selected few party leaders) to distribute what he called electronic gadgets among which were 1960s type of TV sets that looked more 'black and white' than coloured. Even the vulnerable Grandpas and Grannies who were beneficiaries of the so called 'empowerment programme' had an expression of disappointment on them. And why not, even they know that they could have it far better than what is being thrown at them.

Somewhere else, a display of malady that threw the community of the enlightened and learned worldwide into imbroglio followed. Yes. A professor who was viewed as a symbol of knowledge, and epitome of wisdom shocked the world when he too joined the bandwagon of mediocre(s) to distribute his own branded rice. One must wonder if it was his own idea or that of his lord from whom he had gotten an endorsement to run, the later perhaps. In fact, rumor has it that the same professor is doing everything possible to impress his boss and 'benefactor' in order to remain on his good side to the extent that he would do the most ridiculous things ever imagined.

And just as expected, a whole lot of them keep shooting themselves in the leg by doing the same old things that has always worked for them all, be it APC or PDP until now. And until the recent uprising against their evil manipulations of starving the people to a fault and coming periodically as messiahs to feed them with stipends of poverty, they would have received applauds and accolades for their 'heroics' and 'love' for the people.

But now, the same approach which has been a blessing in the past, is now a curse unto them. And just like in the words of one of their machineries who collected packaged branded rice from almost every party and aspirant that offered, "...yes, I will collect from them all, after all it is our stolen money that they have used to buy all these items." He further revealed a shocker when asked who he would finally work for, from amongst them all? He said, "I can't really tell for now. The work is getting more difficult and too frustrating by the day as there is nothing new to sell to the people about them. Even people like me are getting more vulnerable. It is almost a stigma now to reckon with them."

Now, do not get it twisted, most politicians and their machineries had their game plans well 'prepared', the only thing presently working against them is the changing orientation of the people they have always come to tell lies to. And that's why revolutionaries like myself were expecting them to step up their games. And when one of them, a governorship aspirant would defend his action of distributing branded rice, he said, "the rice I distributed is not politically motivated, it is only politically branded." I have actually been trying my best to separate the two phrases - 'politically motivated' and 'politically branded' since then.

I am Olanrewaju Ojuoluwa, Youth Advocate and Social Reformer

© SHARPMINDS AWARENESS CAMPAIGN

Re: Not For Politics, My Rice Is Only Politically Branded - Governorship Aspirant by christejames(m): 1:46pm On Dec 24, 2017
That's how it starts with such an innocuous statement before it degenerates into filth that will pervade our polity...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not For Politics, My Rice Is Only Politically Branded - Governorship Aspirant by victorioushands: 2:19pm On Dec 24, 2017
Whttp://www.nairaland.com/4249859/chinedu-obidigwe-distributes-200-motorcycles
Re: Not For Politics, My Rice Is Only Politically Branded - Governorship Aspirant by ufuosman(m): 3:05pm On Dec 24, 2017
Ekiti people like food sha
Re: Not For Politics, My Rice Is Only Politically Branded - Governorship Aspirant by Mcsenior(m): 3:59pm On Dec 24, 2017
One Rice One Vote

Get updates on home made remedies live on NATURAL REMEDY LAB
Re: Not For Politics, My Rice Is Only Politically Branded - Governorship Aspirant by mikolo80: 6:42pm On Dec 24, 2017
Hate the game not the player. Clearly the ppl want rice
Re: Not For Politics, My Rice Is Only Politically Branded - Governorship Aspirant by Ikengawo: 6:44pm On Dec 24, 2017
I'm always being told about the sw's IGR, but every time elections come around hungry people sell their voters cards for bags of rice. There no where else that cups or rice and garri have won more votes.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

People Condemning Buhari Will Even Condemn God. Presidency / Ayo Fayose Releases 80% Fuel Meant For Government House / FG Awarded $1.1tn Contracts To Unregistered Companies – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.