Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,906 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Fuel Scarcity Timed To Sabotage Christmas Celebrations – CAN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity Timed To Sabotage Christmas Celebrations – CAN (1030 Views)

Fuel Scarcity Looms As FG, Oil Marketers Disagree On Pricing / The Western Timed Attacks On Buhari's Revolutionary ECO Currency / Akwa Ibom PDP Accuse Police AIG Musa Kimo Of Plotting Violence To Sabotage Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Scarcity Timed To Sabotage Christmas Celebrations – CAN by PenPrince07: 8:34pm On Dec 24, 2017
The recurrent year-end fuel scarcity that is witnessed in the country has been described as a feeling like a deliberate attempt to “sabotage the celebration of Christmas”.

This was posited by the umbrella Christian body, the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in a statement released by the director of legal and public affairs, Evang. Kwamkur Samuel, on Saturday.

Nigerians are currently groaning under the scarcity of fuel and the attendant effects such as fare hike, price hike, long queues and traffic standstills.

The statement read, “CAN is worried about the resurfacing of long queues at filling stations in Nigeria, after several increases in fuel price to ensure the availability of the product to all citizens.

“We are not only concerned that this seeming artificial scarcity happens mostly during Christmas period. We are also disturbed that everything is looking like an attempt to deliberately sabotage the celebration of Christmas by some people. We wonder why queues would suddenly resurface after all assurances and steps have been taken towards constant availability of petroleum product.

“We want to call on President Muhammadu Buhari, the Ministry of Petroleum (Resources), and other relevant stakeholders to take decisive measures towards ensuring that fuel is made available and accessible to all citizens within the shortest possible time at controlled price.

“Christmas season does not just happen; it is a worldwide annual celebration that is known to everyone. For authorities to behave like the season came suddenly and fail to take necessary measures to control the activities of saboteurs is unacceptable to the Church.

“We deeply view the negligence of relevant authorities to ensure fuel availability to citizens as deliberate and an attempt to exploit the citizens and particularly Christians who travel distances for the celebration.”

The federal government has blamed the scarcity on hoarding and sabotage prompting CAN to ask that culprits be found and sanctioned.

The body also asked that people remain safe and security-conscious even as they celebrate. They told Christians to keep in mind the plight of “the persecuted church in Adamawa, Kaduna, Borno and all other parts of Nigeria in our prayers and gifts”.

The statement closed with CAN wishing all Nigerians a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

https://www.concisenews.global/news/fuel-scarcity-christmas-deliberate-sabotage-can/

Re: Fuel Scarcity Timed To Sabotage Christmas Celebrations – CAN by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 24, 2017
What is wrong with CAN

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity Timed To Sabotage Christmas Celebrations – CAN by cyrilomoh: 9:28pm On Dec 24, 2017
Re: Fuel Scarcity Timed To Sabotage Christmas Celebrations – CAN by Stricker321: 9:46pm On Dec 24, 2017
You have to wonder why this fuel scarcity happens just around Christmas every year. They always do the sallah celebrations in peace but once it is time for Christmas, suddenly you begin to see long queues at filling stations.

This is an attack on Christian by Islamic forces.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Timed To Sabotage Christmas Celebrations – CAN by Stricker321: 9:48pm On Dec 24, 2017
aktom007:
What is wrong with CAN

CAN is right
Re: Fuel Scarcity Timed To Sabotage Christmas Celebrations – CAN by sweerychick(f): 9:54pm On Dec 24, 2017
Well said CAN! Sometimes I wonder why it's during Xmas that fuel scarcity is eminent.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Timed To Sabotage Christmas Celebrations – CAN by aolawale025: 9:57pm On Dec 24, 2017
Whatever the cause, people ain't allowing the scarcity dampen their spirit of the xmas celebrations

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Timed To Sabotage Christmas Celebrations – CAN by Bevista: 10:00pm On Dec 24, 2017
Stricker321:

CAN is right
Really? Who are they blaming for the sabotage? A very petty attempt to get involved partisan politics. A few days ago it was Ohaneze crying of conspiracy against the Igbos and now this.
---
Why do prices of most stuff generally go up during Christmas, especially down south? Greedy Christians always trying to exploit the festive period for unusual profit.
---
BTW, I am not justifying the current fuel scarcity, neither am I exonorating the authorities. I'm just saying that issues should be situated properly.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Timed To Sabotage Christmas Celebrations – CAN by orion7: 10:02pm On Dec 24, 2017
well said CAN

those usless philistines and Edomites working at Bmc still do not have fuel to move around . evil babylonians
Re: Fuel Scarcity Timed To Sabotage Christmas Celebrations – CAN by orion7: 10:03pm On Dec 24, 2017
Bevista:
Really? Who are they blaming for the sabotage? A very petty attempt to get involved partisan politics. A few days ago it was Ohaneze crying of conspiracy against the Igbos and now this.
---
Why do prices of most stuff generally go up during Christmas, especially down south? Greedy Christians always trying to exploit the festive period for unusual profit.
---
BTW, I am not justifying the current fuel scarcity, neither am I exonorating the authorities. I'm just saying that issues should be situated properly.
they are blaming the minster of oil. he is incompetent for that job
Re: Fuel Scarcity Timed To Sabotage Christmas Celebrations – CAN by Bevista: 10:05pm On Dec 24, 2017
orion7:
they are blaming the minster of oil. he is incompetent for that job
Fair enough. I'm asking - who do we blame for the general increase in the price of commodities during Christmas?
Re: Fuel Scarcity Timed To Sabotage Christmas Celebrations – CAN by orion7: 10:09pm On Dec 24, 2017
Bevista:
Fair enough. I'm asking - who do we blame for the general increase in the price of commodities during Christmas?
minister of oil, because an increase and scarcity of fuel raises transportation cost.

and an increase in transportation cost causes everything in the market to spike.
because all traders pay for transportaion.

so blame the incompetent buhari who crowned himself minster of oil
Re: Fuel Scarcity Timed To Sabotage Christmas Celebrations – CAN by Bevista: 10:18pm On Dec 24, 2017
orion7:
minister of oil, because an increase and scarcity of fuel raises transportation cost.

and an increase in transportation cost causes everything in the market to spike.
because all traders pay for transportaion.

so blame the incompetent buhari who crowned himself minster of oil
Ok, fair enough. But since I was born, prices of commodities always go up during every single Christmas. Now, who has been responsible for them?
---
You may wish to note that I wasn't born in 2015.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Timed To Sabotage Christmas Celebrations – CAN by orion7: 10:20pm On Dec 24, 2017
Bevista:
Ok, fair enough. But since I was born, prices of commodities always go up during every single Christmas. Now, who has been responsible for them?
---
You may wish to note that I wasn't born in 2015.
yes minster of oil was responsible then. and we all came down hard on them. even maduweke wasn't spared

but now biuhari the dull man is pointing and accusing marketers. while he himself is the minster and president at the same time
Re: Fuel Scarcity Timed To Sabotage Christmas Celebrations – CAN by Bevista: 10:26pm On Dec 24, 2017
orion7:
yes minster of oil was responsible then. and we all came down hard on them. even maduweke wasn't spared

but now biuhari the dull man is pointing and accusing marketers. while he himself is the minster and president at the same time
Just before I rest my case, I just want to remind you that we've had Christian Ministers of Petroleum. One of them was a super minister for over 4 years under a Christian president.
---
Now go figure. I'm done!

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Timed To Sabotage Christmas Celebrations – CAN by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 24, 2017
Nigeria is so blessed with IMBEC!LES it is too easy to use religion to destroy them. That is why the FICTIONAL CHARACTER such as SHEKAU could play on them. FOOOOLS EVERY WHERE!
Re: Fuel Scarcity Timed To Sabotage Christmas Celebrations – CAN by omohayek: 10:40pm On Dec 24, 2017
This absurd proclamation only reveals the leadership of CAN to be comprised of paranoid idiots. There's nothing mysterious about the fuel shortage Nigeria is currently undergoing, and there's no need to resort to ethnic or religious explanations for it: fuel is scarce because the international price of petroleum has shot up from less than $30 to $60 in the space of a few months, while Buhari refuses to allow petrol to be sold at more than N145 at fuel stations. What do you get when the price of inputs for a good rise, but the price of the good itself isn't allowed to rise upwards to adjust? Shortages! It really is as simple as that.

To be sure, Buhari is entirely to blame for the fuel shortages, by not allowing the sector to be fully deregulated and subject only to market forces. The thing is, the cause for this has nothing to do with tribe or religion, and everything to do with Buhari's complete lack of understanding of even the rudiments of supply and demand. Unfortunately, the imbecilic pronouncements of groups like Ohaneze and CAN show that Buhari has no monopoly on total economic illiteracy amongst Nigeria's elites.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity Timed To Sabotage Christmas Celebrations – CAN by orion7: 10:47pm On Dec 24, 2017
Bevista:
Just before I rest my case, I just want to remind you that we've had Christian Ministers of Petroleum. One of them was a super minister for over 4 years under a Christian president.
---
Now go figure. I'm done!
no sense here guy

when you have nothing to say. you play the tribal/religious card nigga pls
Re: Fuel Scarcity Timed To Sabotage Christmas Celebrations – CAN by Kassidy90(m): 11:12pm On Dec 24, 2017
Stricker321:
You have to wonder why this fuel scarcity happens just around Christmas every year. They always do the sallah celebrations in peace but once it is time for Christmas, suddenly you begin to see long queues at filling stations.

This is an attack on Christian by Islamic forces.
So Xmas fuel scarcity no occur when GEJ n Allison were in charge..abi dem be Muslims too...u guys should try n use li2 sense before u comment sometimes, everything li2 thing na Islam/Muslim, foolish insecure set of people...mtcheeew

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Timed To Sabotage Christmas Celebrations – CAN by Nobody: 11:24pm On Dec 24, 2017
omohayek:
This absurd proclamation only reveals the leadership of CAN to be comprised of paranoid idiots. There's nothing mysterious about the fuel shortage Nigeria is currently undergoing, and there's no need to resort to ethnic or religious explanations for it: fuel is scarce because the international price of petroleum has shot up from less than $30 to $60 in the space of a few months, while Buhari refuses to allow petrol to be sold at more than N145 at fuel stations. What do you get when the price of inputs for a good rise, but the price of the good itself isn't allowed to rise upwards to adjust? Shortages! It really is as simple as that.

To be sure, Buhari is entirely to blame for the fuel shortages, by not allowing the sector to be fully deregulated and subject only to market forces. The thing is, the cause for this has nothing to do with tribe or religion, and everything to do with Buhari's complete lack of understanding of even the rudiments of supply and demand. Unfortunately, the imbecilic pronouncements of groups like Ohaneze and CAN show that Buhari has no monopoly on total economic illiteracy amongst Nigeria's elites.

Just thank God that you are a Nigerian (i guess) and yet not an 'EMPTY CAN'. The Nigerian EDUCATION is one that BLOCKS the INTELLECT. Its an indoctrination of Tribal and Religious sentiments right from instead the home, to the street, online which makes them unable to THINK objectively except subjectively in the most UNTHOUGHTFUL WAY in the running of the country. FANATICS AND LUNATICS EVERY WHERE. I-M-B-E-C-I-L-E-S!!!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Timed To Sabotage Christmas Celebrations – CAN by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 24, 2017
Kassidy90:

So Xmas fuel scarcity no occur when GEJ n Allison were in charge..abi dem be Muslims too...u guys should try n use li2 sense before u comment sometimes, everything li2 thing na Islam/Muslim, foolish insecure set of people...mtcheeew

My brother, that is BRAINWASHING for you.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Timed To Sabotage Christmas Celebrations – CAN by SouthEastFacts: 11:37pm On Dec 24, 2017
Oga CAN, there has never been a deliberate plot to sabotage Christians during Xmas.

In case you don't know, Nigerian Christian Community just grew to about 60% in spite of Muslim's high birthrate.

Large number of Christians spread throughout the country is the major cause unlike Islam that boasts of 60% in their strongest hold, NW, but sparely distributed in other parts of the country.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Constructed Abuja - Kaduna Rail Line. / How Yusuf Buhari Allegedly Acquired Power-bikes, DSS Officers Sacked Over Incide / Wike, Abe Bicker Over Buhari’s Planned Visit To Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.