Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,481 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity (6832 Views)

What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? / Fuel Scarcity In 1974, See Cars In Vogue In The 70s As Nigerians Queue (video) / Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by chucksbadt(m): 9:21pm On Dec 24, 2017
NB:
This thread is not for v6 and v8 users, your case is pretty hopeless at this point.

Oya 4 cylinder peeps like me take note
1. Drive only when necessary.
2. Endeavor to shift the gear to neutral when the car is idle
3. Don't use ac in traffic.
4. Avoid unnecessary revving of the car for show off. Drive easy, keep the engine calm.

Biko feel free to add yours, let's help ourselves optimise our N250 per liter to its maximum

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 6:57am On Dec 25, 2017
Good ideas.

1.If you have to do several things at once, do them in one trip.
2.Park under shade...like trees, canopy.
3.Don't warm your car too long.
4.Make sure the engine is in good condition.
5.Avoid traffic jams.
6.If possible, ditch the car and walk to your destination...especially if it isn't far. Good health tip.

This FTC is brought to you by the letters D for Deregulation , P for Price increases and privatizing NNPC and M for market forces.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by tstx(m): 6:57am On Dec 25, 2017

1 Like

Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by MrHistorian: 6:57am On Dec 25, 2017
BUY A BICYCLE to cover short distance travel.

Merry Christmas.

4 Likes

Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by anochuko01(m): 6:58am On Dec 25, 2017
NOT JUST CAR. HOUSE NKO?

1. by not using it.
2. By visiting friends to charge your phones.
3. don't miss church programs, they make provisions for charging.
4. what are your legs for?! TREK.
5. there's harmattan, you don't need fan.
6. iron all your cloths when there's light.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 25, 2017
Just sit in your house and enjoy this Christmas

3 Likes

Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by bobbyvow(m): 6:58am On Dec 25, 2017
hmmmmm
Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by amzee(m): 6:58am On Dec 25, 2017
JUST SELL YOUR CAR,WITH THAT YOU'LL BE SAVING A WHOLE LOT OF FUEL AND QUEING TO BUY FUEL IN FILLING STATIONS.
MERRY XMAS

1 Like

Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by ladeb: 6:58am On Dec 25, 2017
whatever will disturb u throw it out

1 Like

Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by flyca: 6:59am On Dec 25, 2017
Don't carry too many people/luggage in your car.
Remove all idle weight in the car too

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Edopesin: 6:59am On Dec 25, 2017
Do Not Open Your Gens Tank To The Fullest grin

Merry Christmas!

8 Likes

Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by linu80: 6:59am On Dec 25, 2017
Merry Christmas and a Happy New year in Advance

Are you a fabric seller? or Do you have an oncoming event?

Bright Aso-Oke weave all kinds and different patterns of aso-oke at affordable prices
We sell in wholesales and retail.

Check signature to contact us today!!!

Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by hayjayman(m): 6:59am On Dec 25, 2017
Lolz.. You dey use I4 engine, and you still dey look for ideas on how to minimize fuel consumption, this thread you just opened is actually meant for 6xers and 8ters...
Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by aieromon(m): 7:00am On Dec 25, 2017
Poverty is a thing of the mind. The God that gave you a car will definitely provide you with resources to maintain it.

Hustle harder.

6 Likes

Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Mcsenior(m): 7:00am On Dec 25, 2017
:
Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Mcsenior(m): 7:01am On Dec 25, 2017
From all of us at NATURAL REMEDY LAB, we say Compliment of the season to all NAIRALANDERS
Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by deebrain(m): 7:05am On Dec 25, 2017
Get a bicycle.

Cancel all long journeys. No be by force to travel from mainland to island in Lagos (you are not Joseph nor Mary).
Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by bobnatlo(m): 7:06am On Dec 25, 2017
Sell the car n buy the Fuel cikina
Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by aragon4realz(m): 7:06am On Dec 25, 2017
the only way you can save fuel is by not using any mechanical engine(combustion engine) be it generator, motorcycle or vehicle, sale your event ticket at www.ticketlander.Com
Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 7:07am On Dec 25, 2017
Invest in solar power so that you don't spend money on fuel generator.

MTN is selling LUMOS solar inverter...which for N4500 monthly can guarantee 24/7 power supply...though not for things like the freezer and AC.

Find out more...MTN LUMOS

MTN is not paying me for this o! cheesy
Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by badaru1(m): 7:08am On Dec 25, 2017
Imbibe the culture of Bicycle ride, especially, when you are in your local area. I have not bought fuel since the crises started.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by mfm04622: 7:11am On Dec 25, 2017
Change you generator carburettor to enable it use gas. Nothing concerns me with fuel for gen again and it is cheaper than using PMS

1 Like

Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by deeLima86(m): 7:13am On Dec 25, 2017
I can't even stand the long queue so i abandoned the car i nor send at all.

1 Like

Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by deebrain(m): 7:14am On Dec 25, 2017
mfm04622:
Change you generator carburettor to enable it use gas. Nothing concerns me with fuel for gen again and it is cheaper than using PMS

Explain further...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 25, 2017
Sit your yansh at home!!!
Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Playz(m): 7:17am On Dec 25, 2017
Merry Christmas!
Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by sunbilor(m): 7:18am On Dec 25, 2017
mfm04622:
For real?
Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Cusan: 7:28am On Dec 25, 2017
Just rollex even those with automatic shift can do that
Also avoid matching the breaks unnecessarily
It really waste a lot of fuel.
Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by dokiOloye(m): 7:34am On Dec 25, 2017
I take it easy on d gas pedal.
No more 'vroom vroom' driving.
In fact no more waka waka
Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Memories12411: 7:47am On Dec 25, 2017
For effective results you should park the car and trek. Two things will happen.
1. You will save your fuel for emergencies.
2. You will exercise your body for health benefits.

1 Like

Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by rs172(m): 7:49am On Dec 25, 2017
Go green.....

but then dropping soon my first studio work....
Reagan stevs. No...
download more music on nerohype.
Re: How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by baconline(m): 7:58am On Dec 25, 2017
Buy smart for two .I use 2000 naira fuel for more than a week

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic / Flashing The Headlight What Does it Mean to you? / Benz For Sale, R500 Full Option (R Class)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.