Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,583 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Does Love Really Die? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Love Really Die? (1678 Views)

Why Does Love Hurt So Much? Why Do Relationships &Marriages Never Last Nowadays? / Does Love Really Exist? / True Love Really Exist See How Teenage Boy Flaunts His Fat Overweight Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Love Really Die? by DerahAlex(f): 9:30pm On Dec 24, 2017
I know someone that I wish I didn't ever know who always argued that love never dies but is pressed down to the subconscious but then he proved his own theory wrong. How? He claimed he loved a girl then after two years, he wasn't sure what he felt for her and he fell for another girl. Need I say more?
Love dies just like every other thing that lives(apart from God). Love dies when you stop nourishing it. It dies when you stop taking care of it. Love dies when you take it for granted or when you maltreat it because you believe it will always be there.
Some people argue that if love dies then it wasn't true love to begin with.
Does that really exist? Or is it something that was made up for us to feel unfulfilled and miserable when we feel we don't have it.
I used to believe so much in that fairytale love because I saw a lot of romance movies and that kinda gave me a false idea of what love should be. In those movies, love didn't die. The lovers always ended up together and lived happily ever after. At the end of the day, its just a huge scam. Life has taught me that love is not always going to be unicorns and rainbows. Sometimes love is messed up, bizarre and crazy. Other times, its just plain bleeped up.
We should really stop going after the people who don't love and want us and learn to cherish those that are always there. Those that are our friends. Those that appreciate our presence.
To cut the long story short, I believe love dies. I'm a living proof or what do you think?

3 Likes

Re: Does Love Really Die? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 24, 2017
Love dies.

My ex that I loved more than life itself, I don't love him anymore, I do to wonder how I loved him so much at the first place.
Re: Does Love Really Die? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 24, 2017
Re: Does Love Really Die? by Exjoker(m): 10:21pm On Dec 24, 2017
One of my gf whom I love very well decided to move to another town since I then we haven't communicated whatsoever. You see, Love was never alive talk more of dying.

2 Likes

Re: Does Love Really Die? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 24, 2017
Love can never die... it only gets buried alive.

2 Likes

Re: Does Love Really Die? by music4me(m): 11:06pm On Dec 24, 2017
Love Is A Scam.

2 Likes

Re: Does Love Really Die? by LuvSwollenPussy(m): 11:54pm On Dec 24, 2017
Purebeerry:
Love dies.

My ex that I loved more than life itself, I don't love him anymore, I do to wonder how I loved him so much at the first place.
As expected from a woman.
Re: Does Love Really Die? by LuvSwollenPussy(m): 12:01am On Dec 25, 2017
Well it has been found that men never really get over hrtbrks. Meaning they never stop loving whom they once loved though can be suppressed.

Women are always overwhelmed by the present. Its what they see at hand that matters to them. For a woman, forget past or future...its a matter of nownow for them. If u dont believe me, give her goodies for years on her birthdays, then for some circumstances you forget to give her on her present birthday...youl never hear words like..."honey I appreciate all uve been doing in d past, they're still fresh in my memory, what could be d reason why you didn't do it this time". Instead what youl hear is ..."i know you dont love me anymore bla bla"

5 Likes

Re: Does Love Really Die? by annie74(f): 12:25am On Dec 25, 2017
The question should be 'does love really exist?'

2 Likes

Re: Does Love Really Die? by Nobody: 12:52am On Dec 25, 2017
annie74:
The question should be 'does love really exist?'
Love does exists, loving the wrong person is the worst thing that can happen to someone.

1 Like

Re: Does Love Really Die? by ubunja(m): 1:19am On Dec 25, 2017
when women write about love i always laugh
WHAT DOES A WOMAN KNOW ABOUT LOVE?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Love Really Die? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:16am On Dec 25, 2017
if you dont water a flower, then it will naturally die, same with love.
Re: Does Love Really Die? by xxgig(m): 6:06am On Dec 25, 2017
LuvSwollenPussy:
Well it has been found that men never really get over hrtbrks. Meaning they never stop loving whom they once loved though can be suppressed.

Women are always overwhelmed by the present. Its what they see at hand that matters to them. For a woman, forget past or future...its a matter of nownow for them. If u dont believe me, give her goodies for years on her birthdays, then for some circumstances you forget to give her on her present birthday...youl never hear words like..."honey I appreciate all uve been doing in d past, they're still fresh in my memory, what could be d reason why you didn't do it this time". Instead what youl hear is ..."i know you dont love me anymore bla bla"
? on point
Re: Does Love Really Die? by xxgig(m): 6:06am On Dec 25, 2017
LuvSwollenPussy:

so on point
Re: Does Love Really Die? by VeekeeO(f): 9:46am On Dec 25, 2017
Love does die.
DerahAlex:
I know someone that I wish I didn't ever know who always argued that love never dies but is pressed down to the subconscious but then he proved his own theory wrong. How? He claimed he loved a girl then after two years, he wasn't sure what he felt for her and he fell for another girl. Need I say more?
Love dies just like every other thing that lives(apart from God). Love dies when you stop nourishing it. It dies when you stop taking care of it. Love dies when you take it for granted or when you maltreat it because you believe it will always be there.
Some people argue that if love dies then it wasn't true love to begin with.
Does that really exist? Or is it something that was made up for us to feel unfulfilled and miserable when we feel we don't have it.
I used to believe so much in that fairytale love because I saw a lot of romance movies and that kinda gave me a false idea of what love should be. In those movies, love didn't die. The lovers always ended up together and lived happily ever after. At the end of the day, its just a huge scam. Life has taught me that love is not always going to be unicorns and rainbows. Sometimes love is messed up, bizarre and crazy. Other times, its just plain bleeped up.
We should really stop going after the people who don't love and want us and learn to cherish those that are always there. Those that are our friends. Those that appreciate our presence.
To cut the long story short, I believe love dies. I'm a living proof or what do you think?
Re: Does Love Really Die? by donstan18: 10:03am On Dec 25, 2017
Purebeerry:
Love dies.

My ex that I loved more than life itself, I don't love him anymore, Ido to wonder how I loved him so much at the first place .

You never loved him, you loved the moment and good times you cherished with him.

1 Like

Re: Does Love Really Die? by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 25, 2017
donstan18:

You never loved him, you loved the moment and good times you cherished with him.
I loved him very much and if I can gather courage and leave that my ex, then there is nobody in this world I cannot leave.
Re: Does Love Really Die? by DerahAlex(f): 10:55am On Dec 25, 2017
My dear, I'm with you on that one. If I could stop loving my ex, then there is nobody I can't stop loving.
Purebeerry:
I loved him very much and if I can gather courage and leave that my ex, then there is nobody in this world I cannot leave.
Re: Does Love Really Die? by DerahAlex(f): 10:57am On Dec 25, 2017
I disagree with you. Sometimes the people we love can treat us so badly that it kills the love we have for them.
donstan18:

Re: Does Love Really Die? by DerahAlex(f): 10:57am On Dec 25, 2017
So true.
MrBrownJay1:
if you dont water a flower, then it will naturally die, same with love.
Re: Does Love Really Die? by DerahAlex(f): 10:59am On Dec 25, 2017
I'm so tempted to agree with you. The whole love thing sucks.
music4me:
Love Is A Scam.
Re: Does Love Really Die? by DerahAlex(f): 11:00am On Dec 25, 2017
grin grin
Exjoker:
One of my gf whom I love very well decided to move to another town since I then we haven't communicated whatsoever. You see, Love was never alive talk more of dying.
Re: Does Love Really Die? by donstan18: 11:06am On Dec 25, 2017
DerahAlex:
I disagree with you. Sometimes the people we love can treat us so badly that it kills the love we have for them.

If I must agree with you, then i'll be forced to believe that "Love is a scam".

If LOVE can be killed, its a scam.
Re: Does Love Really Die? by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 25, 2017
DerahAlex:
My dear, I'm with you on that one. If I could stop loving my ex, then there is nobody I can't stop loving.
Lolz.
Re: Does Love Really Die? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:40am On Dec 25, 2017
some people are funny indeed... although we fall in love, it doesnt mean we love foolishly regadless of acts and issues between you both. there are specific reason why you fell in love with a person, and so long as these foundations are in place, love will remain. the minute that person is NOT the same on any of these important foundations of love, then automatically any smart person must re-evaluate their stand on that union.....and love will start to fade away.

example: you fell in love with him because of his good heart, great humble character and gentle spirit, yet after a few yrs, he turns into a bitter abusive demon, do you seriously think that the love will still be present? of course not, it would have died a natural slow death. the sad issue here is that some people are so hell bent on hanging unto love that they will stay around these demons, and try to reignite the fire of the old days, while its just IMPOSSIBLE.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Love Really Die? by habsydiamond(m): 11:47am On Dec 25, 2017
Die is an understatement...love dey decay...all dying love are tokunbo cos true love is original and never dies...it lives on....

1 Like

Re: Does Love Really Die? by DerahAlex(f): 11:50am On Dec 25, 2017
Kai...God bless you.
MrBrownJay1:
some people are funny indeed... although we fall in love, it doesnt mean we love foolishly regadless of acts and issues between you both. there are specific reason why you fell in love with a person, and so long as these foundations are in place, love will remain. the minute that person is NOT the same on any of these important foundations of love, then automatically any smart person must re-evaluate their stand on that union.....and love will start to fade away.

example: you fell in love with him because of his good heart, great humble character and gentle spirit, yet after a few yrs, he turns into a bitter abusive demon, do you seriously think that the love will still be present? of course not, it would have died a natural slow death. the sad issue here is that some people are so hell bent on hanging unto love that they will stay around these demons, and try to reignite the fire of the old days, while its just IMPOSSIBLE.
Re: Does Love Really Die? by donstan18: 11:53am On Dec 25, 2017
Purebeerry:
I loved love him very much and if I can gather courage and leave that my ex, then there is nobody in this world I cannot leave.

You obviously still love him kiss
Re: Does Love Really Die? by Jman06(m): 12:01pm On Dec 25, 2017
People don't love for the right reasons. What we call love in most cases are mere physical attraction which dies with time as we get used to those bodily desires that got us hooked in the first place. When this happens, we begin to see the faults in that person which our selfish bodily desires prevented us from seeing and "love" gradually fades.

1 Like

Re: Does Love Really Die? by BraidedChannel: 1:32pm On Dec 25, 2017
ubunja:
when women write about love i always laugh WHAT DOES A WOMAN KNOW ABOUT LOVE?
They know nothing!
Re: Does Love Really Die? by jaxxy(m): 2:12pm On Dec 25, 2017
Yes it can!

Interesting write up. 1stly there are many kinds of love. Most isnt true love bt infatuation and conditional love. True love stands the test of time and is very close to unconditional love.... How u go about looking for love determines mostly wat u get.
Re: Does Love Really Die? by jaxxy(m): 5:37pm On Dec 25, 2017
DerahAlex:

Yeah u correct u can stop loving an ex and dats how it shud be. Holding on 2 Love is usless when its not shared with with one its meant for so u hv no choice bt 2 dump it and move on to something new and better.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Else Can A Condom Be Used For?? / "Because You’re Light Skinned Doesn’t Mean You’re Beautiful" Jealous Lady Voices / Hot sex videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.