Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,386 members, 7,800,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

When Was Jesus Truly Born? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Was Jesus Truly Born? (13497 Views)

Did Jesus Truly Died To Save Everybody On Earth / Did Jesus Truly Go Up In His Physical Body Like Rocket Going Into Other Planets? / Is Jesus Truly God? Mark 1:35 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by nurusystem(m): 11:17am On Dec 25, 2017
pastor Kumuyi of deeper life said december 25th is idolatrous...

1 Like

Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by Nairalane: 11:19am On Dec 25, 2017
If you guys believe Jesus is our Lord God, which is the fact, He existed before anyone was born and before everything. He wasn't born like we were born and He never died like anyone died. He laid down His Soul for the sins of mankind, atheists inclusive. He came on purpose. Leave the ignorant ones to be celebrating the birth of their Creator which can land them provoking wraths.....

1 Like

Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by Shaev7(m): 11:21am On Dec 25, 2017
Karlovich:
when the brainless dullard was born
God have mercy on you.
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by boliswitpassprik(m): 11:24am On Dec 25, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Jesus does not have a birth date because Jesus never existed, at least not the Jesus the Hole-ly BuyBull describes

The core of Christianity—the worship of a miracle working, walking, talking godman who brings salvation—was also the core of other ancient religions that began at least a thousand years before Jesus.

Heaven, hell, prophecy, daemon possession, sacrifice, initiation by baptism, communion with God through a holy meal, the Holy Spirit, monotheism, immortality of the soul, and many other "Christian" ideas all belonged to earlier, older Pagan faiths. They were simply part of ancient Mediterranean culture. Along with miracle working sons of God, born of a mortal woman, they were common elements of pre-Christian Pagan religion. Mithras had 'em. So did Dionysus, Attis, Osiris, and Orpheus. And more.

When Osiris is said to bring his believers eternal life in Egyptian Heaven, contemplating the unutterable, indescribable glory of God, we understand that as a myth.

When the sacred rites of Demeter at Eleusis are described as bringing believers happiness in their eternal life, we understand that as a myth.

In fact, when ancient writers tell us that in general ancient people believed in eternal life, with the good going to the Elysian Fields and the not so good going to Hades, we understand that as a myth.

When Vespatian's spittle healed a blind man, we understand that as a myth.

When Apollonius of Tyana raised a girl from death, we understand that as a myth.

When the Pythia, the priestess at the Oracle at Delphi, in Greece, prophesied, and over and over again for a thousand years the prophecies came true, we understand that as a myth.

When Dionysus turned water into wine, we understand that as a myth.

When Dionysus believers are filled withatay, the Spirit of God, we understand that as a myth.

When Romulus is described as the Son of God, born of a virgin, we understand that as a myth.

When Alexander the Great is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, we understand that as a myth.

When Augustus is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal, we understand that as a myth.

When Dionysus is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, we understand that as a myth.

When Scipio Africanus is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, we understand that as a myth.

So how come when Jesus is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, according to prophecy, turning water into wine, raising girls from the dead, and healing blind men with his spittle, and setting it up so His believers got eternal life in Heaven contemplating the unutterable, indescribable glory of God, and off to Hades—er, I mean Hell—for the bad folks... how come that's not a myth?

your brain runs on mediatek processors,the ones used in the first generation pf tecno android phones! shocked
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 25, 2017
No,October 1 1960
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by udbyron1(m): 11:27am On Dec 25, 2017
The exact birthday of Jesus is a controversial one.I believe the early Christian Community fixed the 25th of every 12th month to celebrate Christ birth (Christmas) in order to substitute the celebration of King Jehoiachin after he was freed from captivity in Babylon.I halt here & urge you to read Jeremiah 51 vs 31 down...Merry Xmas to You All & a Happy New Year to come..[color=#006600][/color]
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by adedehinbo(m): 11:27am On Dec 25, 2017
grin
Leonbonapart:
the Lord rebuke you. May you be curse
grin
Leonbonapart:
lol God is not this aggressive na
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by lumeneng22: 11:29am On Dec 25, 2017
Some people are just very stupid sha. Merry christmas to those who believes.
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by adedehinbo(m): 11:29am On Dec 25, 2017
now u won't see Muslim attacking this thread like some christian terrorists and bigots does

1 Like

Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by jossytech(m): 11:41am On Dec 25, 2017
The Bible’s answer

The Bible does not give a specific date for the birth of Jesus Christ, as these reference works show:

“"The true birth date of Christ is unknown."”—New Catholic Encyclopedia.

“"The exact date of Christ’s birth is not known."”—Encyclopedia of Early Christianity.

While the Bible does not directly answer the question, ‘When was Jesus born?’ it does describe two events surrounding his birth that lead many to conclude that he was not born on December 25.
Not in winter

The registration. Shortly before Jesus was born, Caesar Augustus issued a decree ordering “"all the inhabited earth to be registered."” Everyone had to register in “"his own city,"” which might have required a journey of a week or more. (Luke 2:1-3) That order—probably made to support taxation and military conscription—would have been unpopular at any time of year, but it is unlikely that Augustus would have provoked his subjects further by forcing many of them to make long trips during the cold winter.

The sheep. Shepherds were “"living out of doors and keeping watches in the night over their flocks."” (Luke 2:cool The book Daily Life in the Time of Jesus notes that flocks lived in the open air from “"the week before the Passover [late March]"” through mid-November. It then adds: “"They passed the winter under cover; and from this alone it may be seen that the traditional date for Christmas, in the winter, is unlikely to be right, since the Gospel says that the shepherds were in the fields."”

In early fall

We can estimate when Jesus was born by counting backward from his death on Passover, Nisan 14 in the spring of the year 33 C.E. (John 19:14-16) Jesus was about 30 years old when he began his three-and-a-half-year ministry, so he was born in the early fall of 2 B.C.E.—Luke 3:23.
Why is Christmas on December 25?

Since there is no evidence that the birth of Jesus Christ occurred on December 25, why is Christmas celebrated on this date? The Encyclopædia Britannica says that church leaders probably chose it “"to coincide with the pagan Roman festival marking the ‘birthday of the unconquered sun,"’” at the time of the winter solstice. According to The Encyclopedia Americana, many scholars believe that this was done “"in order to make Christianity more meaningful to pagan converts."”

1 Like

Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by hopefulLandlord: 11:45am On Dec 25, 2017
boliswitpassprik:

your brain runs on mediatek processors,the ones used in the first generation pf tecno android phones! shocked

okay
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 25, 2017
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by ehinmowo: 11:50am On Dec 25, 2017
You people are asking stupid question. Why did you not ask for d content of the communion cup
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by dust144(m): 11:59am On Dec 25, 2017
July 10th
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by sonmvayina(m): 12:04pm On Dec 25, 2017
There is no proof there was a Jesus of history to begin with, so your premise is flawed and false....

Anyway, the Romans created Jesus to fulfil Daniel 7:25, so if they decide to have the birthday of their God on 25th of December, why should I fight them?
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by omoyemirally(f): 12:08pm On Dec 25, 2017
Toks2008:
When was Jesus Christ truly born? Was Jesus born on December 25 - Christmas Day?

A careful analysis of Scripture, however, clearly indicates that Dec. 25 is an unlikely date for Christ's birth. Here are two primary reasons:

First, we know that shepherds were in the fields watching their flocks at the time of Jesus' birth (Luke 2:7- 8 ). Shepherds were not in the fields during December.

Since December is cold and rainy in Judea, it is likely the shepherds would have sought shelter for their flocks at night" .Since the weather would not have permitted" shepherds watching over their flocks in the fields at night.

It was also written in the scriptures that Jesus' parents came to Bethlehem to register in a Roman census (Luke 2:1-4).

Such censuses were not taken in winter, when temperatures often dropped below freezing and roads were in poor condition. Taking a census under such conditions would have been self-defeating.

If Jesus Christ wasn't born on December 25, does the Bible indicate when He was born?

The biblical accounts point to the fall of the year as the most likely time of Jesus' birth, based on the conception and birth of John the Baptist.

Since Elizabeth (John's mother) was in her sixth month of pregnancy when Jesus was conceived (Luke 1:24-36), we can determine the approximate time of year Jesus was born if we know when John was born.

John's father, Zacharias, was a priest serving in the Jerusalem temple during the course of Abijah (Luke 1:5). Historical calculations indicate this course of service corresponded to June 13-19 in that year.

It was during this time of temple service that Zacharias learned that he and his wife Elizabeth would have a child (Luke 1:8-13). After he completed his service and traveled home, Elizabeth conceived (Luke 1:23-24).

Assuming John's conception took place near the end of June, adding nine months brings us to the end of March as the most likely time for John's birth. Adding another six months (the difference in ages between John and Jesus) brings us to the end of September as the likely time of Jesus' birth.

http://www.ucg.org/doctrinal-beliefs/
biblical-evidence-shows-jesus-christ-wasnt-born-dec-25/

But whether we chose to celebrate his birth on the 25th of December or any other time of the year, the point remains that to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace(Isaiah 9:6).

That child is Jesus Christ who was sent by GOD to die for the sins of the world so that we all can be saved.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL
did u just call Jesus mighty God? I just don't know d problem u Christians have. from son of God to God. May Allah forgive us all.

1 Like

Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by Webman007: 12:17pm On Dec 25, 2017
medacares:

FOOD FOR THOUGHT.
IF JESUS WAS BORN 25th OF DECEMBER AS YOU BELIEVE. & IF JESUS IS GOD AS YOU BELIEVE. THEN WHO WAS GOD BEFORE 25th OF DECEMBER
GOD...
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by Webman007: 12:18pm On Dec 25, 2017
omoyemirally:
did u just call Jesus mighty God? I just don't know d problem u Christians have. from son of God to God. May Allah forgive us all.

He is God...The Father and the Son are one and the same.
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by Omoikarekimire(m): 12:21pm On Dec 25, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
[s][/s]may you, your family, your generations be cursed. diseases and death shall be yours.

�����
So your Mumu sef dey fear curse more than Jesus.u believe in curse abi that's Y u dey return the curse abi.your brain no tell u say if curse from evil exist then good and blessing will come from God.Just imagine the confusion that will be in this world if there is no spread of Gospel.Just a little advice before the evil capture someone he makes sure that person won't hear Good News,Listen and seek to hear the word of God.It saves life not here on earth but in heaven

1 Like

Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 25, 2017
smiley
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by Eberex(m): 12:35pm On Dec 25, 2017
I wonder how somebody would come up with such topic. What are you expected to gain?
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by EvilMetahuman: 12:36pm On Dec 25, 2017
[s]
Omoikarekimire:

�����
So your Mumu sef dey fear curse more than Jesus.u believe in curse abi that's Y u dey return the curse abi.your brain no tell u say if curse from evil exist then good and blessing will come from God.Just imagine the confusion that will be in this world if there is no spread of Gospel.Just a little advice before the evil capture someone he makes sure that person won't hear Good News,Listen and seek to hear the word of God.It saves life not here on earth but in heaven
[/s]saying some thing doesnt mean you believe in it you mor0n..

if i say na ghost go kill you, does that mean i believe in ghosts?
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by nothernstar: 12:37pm On Dec 25, 2017
Whether you believe or not. It does not change the hands of time. It does not stop him to who he is and Who is to come. Your opinion is inconsequential. He is borne he is risen and he come again. That's my creed.
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by helpishere(m): 12:39pm On Dec 25, 2017
john1035:
Sorry to burst your bubble, Jesus was never born. No evidence to prove it. Virgin birth is as impossible as Obatanla using a chicken to create earth and dividing lands from waters.

Is once had the same thoughts about Jesus until I asked God to reveal to me who Jesus is. Then one fateful evening, the bible was opened and all that was written about the Son of God was exposed but from the beginning of creation. In Exodus 23.20, he was described as the Angel of God that will bear the name of God and speak the words that God told him to speak. That he will not forgive sins if provoked . In Exodus 24, he was seen as the God of Israel and he ate with the elders and did not lay his hands on any of them. In Exodus 33, the bible stated that the Lord spake with Moses as a man speak with his friend and yet in the same chapter, Moses was told that he cannot see the Lord's face and live. In Gen. 19, v24 the bible told us that then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorahis, brimestone and fire from the Lord out of heaven. It was recorded that Abraham walked with God and in Gen 18 v16 -22, the Lord while walking with Abraham on their way to Sodom . The Lord of host, the Holy one of Israel claimed that Israel was his Inheritance and if truly the God almighty inherited Israel, is it possible for anyone to inherit what belong to you . Can you inherit your house? Jesus is not a myth but the history has been twisted that the location has been changed. The first proof is this. The land that was promised according to the bible was a land the drinketh the rain from heaven and not an irrigated land. Is Israel not irrigated? MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all.
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by OtemAtum: 12:46pm On Dec 25, 2017
Nairalane:
If you guys believe Jesus is our Lord God, which is the fact, He existed before anyone was born and before everything. He wasn't born like we were born and He never died like anyone died. He laid down His Soul for the sins of mankind, atheists inclusive. He came on purpose. Leave the ignorant ones to be celebrating the birth of their Creator which can land them provoking wraths.....
Faulkin(Zeusus Krista) died for your sins? This is ridiculous, kikikiki
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by Diademk07: 1:40pm On Dec 25, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
[s][/s]saying some thing doesnt mean you believe in it you mor0n..

if i say na ghost go kill you, does that mean i believe on ghosts?

Lol.

I believe Jesus exist though. There are many things that I've seen that made me believe he truly exist.

Let me give you an instance, when I was in secondary school, I wasn't happy with one of my 1st test result because most of my friends scored 100% whereas I scored 90%. I wasn't the best in my class but to God be the glory, I was still among the brilliant students in my class. I wasn't only unhappy because my friends scored 100% but also the fact that I should have scored 100 unless the english mistake I made (I wrote "is" instead of "are"wink had anything to do with the subject. My teacher circled that mistake and I believed by the time he was making his overall deduction, he must have thought that he circled it because I gave a wrong answer to his question which wasn't so. You know what I did?

I began to work hard towards my second test. I planned to make better grades and even impress the teacher enough to score me an added 110% to make up for my deficit in the 1st test, just like he scored a student whose script was very neat and precise. The added 10 marks was to be added to either the student's second test or exam if he happened to score below 100. I had just read a bible passage (one of James chapters) in the reading hall and the scripture talked about involving God in all of our hopes and wishes because only Him knows about tomorrow and rather than say "I will do this", we should say "if God will..." So, I whispered to myself "if you will God, let me score 110% in my 2nd test in Jesus name I pray"

Fast forward to the 2nd test of this subject, I couldn't believe the questions my eyes laid on. I could only answer one out of the five questions asked. I was thinking to myself then, look at you wanting to score 110% when you should be happy if you can manage to have 50%. I looked around and saw the whole class jittering around me. Anyway, I tried making an attempt at those questions and believe me, everything I did was an assumption which kept creeping into my mind and saying, your teacher made mention of this technique, hence it should be the required technique for the question even when I didn't even know the meaning nor what each technique entails.

After the test, our teacher actually came to our class to mark our script after he gave out the corrections on the chalkboard. Funny enough, the answers on the chalkboard looked familiar to me but I was dreading if I wrote no 1 actual answer for no 4 in my script and so-on because like I stated earlier, I was just writing down those techniques as it came into my mind, I already stated that I knew nothing of what each technique entails, hence there's no way I would have known what the right answer to each question was and they were all theoretical questions, not objective.

As our teacher marked each script, he would call out the name on the script with the score and believe me, 95% of the students failed the test while the best student scored 72% and 2 other brilliant students scored 60% but the majority of the class scored 0% although some had below 50%. My script was the last to be marked and I didn't even realise it was my script he was marking only for him to mutter something silently to himself and looked up sharply to ask the bearer of "so so" name. I was surprised and stood up. He looked at me sternly for a minute and declared to the whole class that I scored 100! Everyone was surprised including myself, some even thought he was joking because he had made such joke many times while he was marking the said scripts except that he never called such student to stand up nor himself looked surprised at the script.

After a little beat, he looked back at my script and added another 10 marks, making it 110%! Before leaving the class, he told the class that anyone who's having problem with the said topic should meet me for more explanation and as for me, I was just looking like a fool. That was when I recalled my little prayer that I made a long time before the test "if you will God, let me score 110%". After that day and from that moment. I know that it's not just by hardwork but by His grace!

There were other many things that made me to realise God truly exist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by goodheart02(m): 2:14pm On Dec 25, 2017
Leonbonapart:

Don't mind the idiots claiming satanist or antichrist just to feel like a philosopher. When the real antichrist emerges now they melt away. Bloody scumbags!!

1 Like

Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by Edenoscar2(m): 2:18pm On Dec 25, 2017
Enmas078:

your point is educative, but not convincing....

how did u knw that 2+2=4?....try to be objective if you don't knw what to say...
so 2+2 is now the same as a VIRGIN giving birth
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by Edenoscar2(m): 2:22pm On Dec 25, 2017
boliswitpassprik:

You who believe christ was born on dec with no evidence, virgins giving birth have a brain that runs on what,snapdragon?
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by saltoftheearth: 2:27pm On Dec 25, 2017
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by ManiCypher(m): 2:44pm On Dec 25, 2017
Karlovich:
when the brainless dullard was born

MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON UR SOUL
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by Leonbonapart(m): 2:44pm On Dec 25, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
[s][/s]may you, your family, your generations be cursed. diseases and death shall be yours.
thought you are evil. Never knew you are afraid. Cursed fellow

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? / Should Students Be Paying Tithes. / Nigeria Baptist Convention Paid Bandits N250m To Release Abducted Bethel Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.