Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,264 members, 7,780,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:11 PM

Are Christians Condemned For Celebrating Christmas!? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Christians Condemned For Celebrating Christmas!? (1099 Views)

3 African Countries That Stopped Celebrating Christmas / Daddy Freeze: Celebrating Christmas, Is Celebrating A Pagan God's Birthday / Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Christians Condemned For Celebrating Christmas!? by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 25, 2017
This issue is a hot one basically ;

1, some condemn Christians for celebrating it
2, some don't Even know why celebrating it
3, some even call all those that celebrate it "sinners"

if you think those who celebrate it are wrong come prove it .....
if you think you are right for celebrating it come prove it ......

ALL COME IN AND SHOW US WHY YOU CELEBRATE OR DON'T CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS.....
Re: Are Christians Condemned For Celebrating Christmas!? by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 25, 2017
I don't think they are condemned for that do you?
Re: Are Christians Condemned For Celebrating Christmas!? by erifoski(m): 12:06pm On Dec 25, 2017
Actually, there is no proof biblically that Christ wz born on Dec. 25. According to history, 25 Dec. was long celebrated b/4 the birth of christ. Its was a Roman empire celebration in honour of their god called "Saturn".at abt 325AD, Emperor Constantine the then Roman emperor who claimed conversion to Christianity, introduce the celebration of saturnalia(christmas) to the Roman empire as being a feast to Christians and non Christians.this wz under the leadership of the then pope. Since the then world wz ruled by Catholic, it became a tradition which had extended to virtually the entire Christian community. Let us as children of the kingdom not be follow-follow Christians. Let's stand out and make a diff.. Cos the coming of the lord is nearer than we think.
Re: Are Christians Condemned For Celebrating Christmas!? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 25, 2017
erifoski:
Actually, there is no proof biblically that Christ wz born on Dec. 25. According to history, 25 Dec. was long celebrated b/4 the birth of christ. Its was a Roman empire celebration in honour of their god called "Saturn".at abt 325AD, Emperor Constantine the then Roman emperor who claimed conversion to Christianity, introduce the celebration of saturnalia(christmas) to the Roman empire as being a feast to Christians and non Christians.this wz under the leadership of the then pope. Since the then world wz ruled by Catholic, it became a tradition which had extended to virtually the entire Christian community. Let us as children of the kingdom not be follow-follow Christians. Let's stand out and make a diff.. Cos the coming of the lord is nearer than we think.

hmmm I understand your view .... I am not speaking for the general Christian

I'm not arguing that your facts are wrong anyways

thanks for writing .....
but the main issue is that,, are they condemned by God for celebrating it?

I'd like to hear from you
Re: Are Christians Condemned For Celebrating Christmas!? by erifoski(m): 1:44pm On Dec 25, 2017
Well to start with, Christians who celebrate Christmas are doing so ignorantly, as there are obliviously worshiping something they don't know. And remember that worshiping any other thing like "Saturn" is purely ldolatery, and all idol worshippers ll likely have their part in hell. NOTE, Apostle Paul notice this infiltration in the church as he admonished us in Gal. 4:8-11.

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Condemned For Celebrating Christmas!? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 25, 2017
erifoski:
Well to start with, Christians who celebrate Christmas are doing so ignorantly, as there are obliviously worshiping something they don't know. And remember that worshiping any other thing like "Saturn" is purely ldolatery, and all idol worshippers ll likely have their part in hell. NOTE, Apostle Paul notice this infiltration in the church as he admonished us in Gal. 4:8-11.
Saturn how? is it Saturn mass?
Re: Are Christians Condemned For Celebrating Christmas!? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 25, 2017
erifoski:
though you are right ......but '""a lot ...not all *" celebrate it ignorantly..
Re: Are Christians Condemned For Celebrating Christmas!? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 25, 2017
cc oaroloye
Re: Are Christians Condemned For Celebrating Christmas!? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 25, 2017
Ferisidowu:

hmmm I understand your view .... I am not speaking for the general Christian

I'm not arguing that your facts are wrong anyways

thanks for writing .....
but the main issue is that,, are they condemned by God for celebrating it?

I'd like to hear from you
No they are not.
Re: Are Christians Condemned For Celebrating Christmas!? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 25, 2017
erifoski:
Hope you know that celebrating birthdays, new year, using Gregory calendar has paganism in it.? It very easy to condemn from the outside but when you are inside you would discover that you had being practicing paganism
Re: Are Christians Condemned For Celebrating Christmas!? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 25, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Hope you know that celebrating birthdays, new year, using Gregory calendar has paganism in it.? It very easy to condemn from the outside but when you are inside you would discover that you had being practicing paganism
wow !! that's a wonderful one dear God bless
Re: Are Christians Condemned For Celebrating Christmas!? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 25, 2017
asuustrike2009:
No they are not.
pls give us a little post on this Pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Christians Condemned For Celebrating Christmas!? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 25, 2017
Ferisidowu:
pls give us a little post on this Pls
In the case of Christmas, many of us know the holiday had pagan origin, yet today this origin have been set aside and the holiday marks Christ's birth. Knowing the intent of the holiday is now to honor Christ, we can choose to observe Christmas if we wish.
Hence we can observe that holiday for its intended purpose " that is Christ was born " to humanity.
Holidays simply have no bearing on our obedient relationship with Christ
You are free to ignore Christmas or to celebrate it as you wish without fear of condemnation. Again, a Christian has liberty to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit in his or her own walk concerning meaningless issues, without regard for how other Christians choose to act under similar circumstances. If the spirit says don't celebrate Christmas no problem. This case is similar to those saying wearing of gold and earrings is sinful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Christians Condemned For Celebrating Christmas!? by erifoski(m): 11:58pm On Dec 25, 2017
Well broda, whether to celebrate Christmas or not is not an option. My final verdict is that true Christians should ignore anything associated with peganism. As the holy spirit I know will not lead us to err but to all truth
Re: Are Christians Condemned For Celebrating Christmas!? by Meti99(m): 7:18am On Dec 26, 2017
You know I pity those holier than thou Christians who prove that they don't celebrate Christmas because it is pagan holiday,

What happens to Sunday that they go to church?
Is it not the day pagans worship the Sun??

Hippocrisy of highest order!!!

Christmas celebration is not just the celebration of Jesus birthday,
Christmas celebration is celebration of the greatest gift God gives to humanity, the greatest Sacrifice of Gift "Jesus"

That is why Christians give the most during Christmas in remembrance of what God gives to man..

If you are ignorant then shut the Bleep
Re: Are Christians Condemned For Celebrating Christmas!? by Meti99(m): 7:22am On Dec 26, 2017
erifoski:
Well broda, whether to celebrate Christmas or not is not an option. My final verdict is that true Christians should ignore anything associated with peganism. As the holy spirit I know will not lead us to err but to all truth

You are ignorant
Then ignore worship on Sunday because it is the day pagan worship the "SUN"

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Condemned For Celebrating Christmas!? by Hairyrapunzel: 7:29am On Dec 26, 2017
erifoski:

True Christians should also avoid celebrating wedding anniversaries, baby shower, bridal shower and graduation parties too.
True Christians should also avoid wearing ties, suits, wedding ring and they should stop using days of the week and months of the year as all these have pagan origins too. Why criticize one and leave out the others?
#mytwocents

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Condemned For Celebrating Christmas!? by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 26, 2017
erifoski:
you said 90% of your points. . pls conclude ... are they condemned for that!?
Re: Are Christians Condemned For Celebrating Christmas!? by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 26, 2017
Meti99:
You know I pity those holier than thou Christians who prove that they don't celebrate Christmas because it is pagan holiday,

What happens to Sunday that they go to church?
Is it not the day pagans worship the Sun??

Hippocrisy of highest order!!!

Christmas celebration is not just the celebration of Jesus birthday,
Christmas celebration is celebration of the greatest gift God gives to humanity, the greatest Sacrifice of Gift "Jesus"

That is why Christians give the most during Christmas in remembrance of what God gives to man..

If you are ignorant then shut the Bleep

weldone bro God bless
Re: Are Christians Condemned For Celebrating Christmas!? by erifoski(m): 7:57am On Dec 26, 2017
this is a public platform and we should mind our words. If you think you are not condemned for celebrating Xmas then got ahead and celebrate. we must learn to walk with our conscience and the leading of the spirit of God, And for those of us who feel we may be condemned, we ll also go with our conscience too. This is the level of confusion in Christianity, but I tell u the truth that Christ had not left us confused, He never instructed us to mark his birthday. Let's try to stand were the word of God stands and remain focused on the cross.
Re: Are Christians Condemned For Celebrating Christmas!? by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 26, 2017
erifoski:
this is a public platform and we should mind our words. If you think you are not condemned for celebrating Xmas then got ahead and celebrate. we must learn to walk with our conscience and the leading of the spirit of God, And for those of us who feel we may be condemned, we ll also go with our conscience too. This is the level of confusion in Christianity, but I tell u the truth that Christ had not left us confused, He never instructed us to mark his birthday. Let's try to stand were the word of God stands and remain focused on the cross.
sorry! if you have been angered ... it what Christians have to face...
may God make the thread educative for us all....
now what if we are condemned for celebrating Christmas .. you ought to be your brothers keeper by showing us in love from the Bible....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Christians Condemned For Celebrating Christmas!? by erifoski(m): 10:12pm On Dec 30, 2017
[quote author=Ferisidowu post=63613398]
sorry! if you have been angered ... it what Christians have to face...
may God make the thread educative for us all....
now what if we are condemned for celebrating Christmas .. you ought to be your brothers keeper by showing us in love from the Bible....

No I m not
Re: Are Christians Condemned For Celebrating Christmas!? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 04, 2018
[quote author=erifoski post=63753942][/quote] alright
Re: Are Christians Condemned For Celebrating Christmas!? by erifoski(m): 5:11pm On Oct 20, 2022

though you are right ......but '""a lot ...not all *" celebrate it ignorantly..

You are right.
Re: Are Christians Condemned For Celebrating Christmas!? by tctrills: 12:04am On Oct 21, 2022
erifoski:
If God has not condemned who are you to condemn?

(1) (Reply)

Divine Revelation Of Heaven And Hell - Mr. Esau / "Rain Is Falling To Wipe Away Coronavirus!!!" | Tb Joshua Prophecy / Shiloh 2022: Covenant Highways

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.