Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,945 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) (55701 Views)

My Horrible Experiences of Bikepooling With Women / Folashade Salako, OAU Pharmacy Best Student Dies In An Accident / Australian Teen Model Ripped In Half In Drag Racing Accident (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by Ishilove: 4:07pm On Dec 25, 2017
Remember late Paul Walker, one stars of the mega franchise Fast & Furious ? He passed away in a most horrendous manner. Eye witnesses say the vehicle he died in was speeding before it crashed into a lamp post and burst into flames that completely incinerated him and his companion.

Why am I making this morbid reference? Simple reason: speed kills, and is still killing.

A Nigerian Tweeter @chukaobi shared a terrible eyewitness account of the dangers of speeding. In this case, the people involved were drag racing at the midnight hour. Were they intoxicated? High on adrenaline?

One explanation is the victim was member of a race team, and was even going to participate in a big event next year, so perhaps he saw the midnight hour as a time to showcase his skills.

Read below:

"At exactly 12:50am today (Christmas Day) my Uni alumni pals & I were coming out of Lekki County Estate when two cars flashed by us, the sound they made you’d think they’re power bikes. 3minutes later 1 lost control & crashed right under the footbridge. Here’s what’s left of a BMW"

https://mobile.twitter.com/chukaobi/status/945257557416869888

5 Likes 7 Shares

Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by Ishilove: 4:07pm On Dec 25, 2017
@chukaobi continues-

But Nigerians are amazing people. The car WAS ON FIRE when we got there yet already people were relentlessly trying to prise the wreckage aside with tools to reach was already supposed to be a dead man, despite what seemed like impending explosion. Neither factor deterred them.

Called Emergency Services & they were on their way as at when we left; by then the windscreen had been peeled away- miraculously the guy was still breathing though unconscious. Can’t be more than in his mid 20s. Racing. During #FuelScarcity. Be Safe Out There. Merry Christmas

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by Ishilove: 4:08pm On Dec 25, 2017
But...@chukaobi later gave a disheartening update-

Sadly he eventually didn’t make it. Tragic. It’s his parents I’m aching for.

Bemused, I snooped around and discovered that the unfortunate dude's name is Daniel and is supposedly a student of OAU

Below are photos of the now deceased Daniel. He was a member of Dark Knights Motorsports racing team, and apparently his girlfriend died in a similar crash in 2015.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by nanaski: 4:10pm On Dec 25, 2017
reckless driving.
Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by JeffreyJamez(m): 4:14pm On Dec 25, 2017
Still breathing but unconscious. He's not dead na.
Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 25, 2017
angry

∆ This young guy... After belle don full you con dey find wetin go turn your belle....

RIP to him if he is truly dead... ∆

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by Ishilove: 4:28pm On Dec 25, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
Still breathing but unconscious. He's not dead na.
He later succumbed to injuries sustained from the accident.

His IG handle is @mckson. Check it out

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by NeeKlaus: 4:33pm On Dec 25, 2017
Here's the best explanation.
They were all coming back from a club at that dangerous hour of the night. All drunk and completely stoned. Suddenly, they start a racing competition probably because they had flashy cars and the waves of youthful exuberance had over-washed them.

Now, a mother is one child less and a "Bae" is now "boyfriend-less" all because of the high life.

Night life kills; sometimes, quicker than AIDS.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by ReorxTohGan(m): 4:40pm On Dec 25, 2017
RIP bruh...tho u brot it on urself,Drag racinq in the midnight in naija,like which person in his right state of mind wuld try that...Bravery or stupidity

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by Rhayne(f): 4:41pm On Dec 25, 2017
That is how death would be on its own, sumbori would jejely goan call it. May his soul RIP

4 Likes

Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 25, 2017
Congrat you have finally killed urself...Even Devil can't be blamed for this.....

To others Before u quote ,abuse or call be heartless...We are in a dangerous and precarious times where everyone is trying to live as peaceful careful and quiet as they can to secure their bright future but one mumu guy think Drag race is a cool sport

4 Likes

Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by HUSTLEOFMAN: 5:09pm On Dec 25, 2017
That picture up there is not the deceased picture.

But he's dead anyways, he should have learnt a lesson he had an accident back in2014 which claimed the life of his girlfriend, In a BMW, he pushed this bmw to the limit again and it cost him his life. Rip Daniel, speed kills, I'm a Benz fan but i was tripping for his m3 at revsandrunway. But sadly they're both gone.

9 Likes

Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by MaryBenn(f): 5:12pm On Dec 25, 2017
sad
Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by Xbee007(m): 5:12pm On Dec 25, 2017
He died doing what he loves doing. RIP.

8 Likes

Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by olylove: 5:12pm On Dec 25, 2017
Woaw
Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 25, 2017
Damn, this sheet brazzy
Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 25, 2017
Rip man. Car racing without necessary gears isn't a safe practice and often ends in regrets.
Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 5:14pm On Dec 25, 2017
o
shocked
Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by Tajbol4splend(m): 5:14pm On Dec 25, 2017
I just wanted to feel good all day, this doesn't make me feel good, very handsome guy.
Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by Ruggedfitness: 5:14pm On Dec 25, 2017
A Nigerian Tweeter @chukaobi shared a terrible eyewitness account of the dangers of speeding. In this case, the people involved were drag racing at the midnight hour. Were they intoxicated? High on adrenaline?

Why are humans only interested in what will put them in pain.

In Other News
Beware!!! 8 Things That Are Making You Age Faster Than Your Friends
http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/12/here-are-8-things-that-will-make-you.html
Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 5:16pm On Dec 25, 2017
grin
Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by Geofavor(m): 5:17pm On Dec 25, 2017
End of the road for you, Daniel. Greet Paul walker for me, would you?

Lastly, RIP.

3 Likes

Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by heskeyw(m): 5:17pm On Dec 25, 2017
HUSTLEOFMAN:
That picture up there is not the deceased picture.

But he's dead anyways, he should have learnt a lesson he had an accident back in2014 which claimed the life of his girlfriend, In a BMW, he pushed this bmw to the limit again and it cost him his life. Rip Daniel, speed kills, I'm a Benz fan but i was tripping for his m3 at revsandrunway. But sadly they're both gone.
You are talking like a man who knows the deceased in real life. Can you shade more light on the accident that happened in 2014 which claimed the life of a girl.

1 Like

Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by b3llo(m): 5:18pm On Dec 25, 2017
RIP dude #SpeedKills

1 Like

Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by Itimkpataka2: 5:18pm On Dec 25, 2017
Upon the best Road NETWORK in American, Paul Walker died while speeding. Come be Nigeria wey all the road NETWORK is bad, even if the Road no kill u other drivers can send u to early grave.

#BeCarewhileDriving
#SpeedGoodButKillsInWrongPlace

Rest in Peace To the Dead.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by Tajbol4splend(m): 5:19pm On Dec 25, 2017
Ruggedfitness:

Why are humans only interested in what will put them in pain.

Nobody is interested but just that we can't escape stuff like this
Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by highchief3(m): 5:19pm On Dec 25, 2017
100kph patapata 120 I cant come and kill myself for nothing

3 Likes

Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by Rockafellar(m): 5:20pm On Dec 25, 2017
Rip chap. This is caused by too much western influence best believe. The white guys that do it even know its illegal and more so, they have better road networks

Too bad

2 Likes

Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 25, 2017
Ishilove:
Remember late Paul Walker, one stars of the mega franchise Fast & Furious ? He passed away in a most horrendous manner. Eye witnesses say the vehicle he died in was speeding before it crashed into a lamp post and burst into flames that completely incinerated him and his companion.

Why am I making this morbid reference? Simple reason: speed kills, and is still killing.

One explanation is the victim was member of a race team, and was even going to participate in a big event next year, so perhaps he saw the midnight hour as a time to showcase his skills.

Read below:

https://mobile.twitter.com/chukaobi/status/945257557416869888

RIP mate. You passed doing what you loved most that kept your andrenaline pumping.
That's fair enough. Succeed at what you love doing, or die trying.
Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by anuoluwapo884(m): 5:23pm On Dec 25, 2017
Xbee007:
He died doing what he loves doing. RIP.

Fact!!!
Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 25, 2017

6 Likes

Re: OAU Student Drag Racing on Xmas Day Dies In Horrible Crash (Pics) by Thebrightest(m): 5:23pm On Dec 25, 2017
Good

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Beach On Fire (Pictures, Video) / Photos That Looks Fake But Are Really Real... / My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.