Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,156 members, 7,807,523 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol (25397 Views)

Yuletide: Enugu Govt Offers Free Enugu-owerri Airport Shuttle For Residents / President Buhari Appoints Sarki Auwalu As Director, DPR / DPR Dispenses Free Petrol To Motorists In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol by 1clickng(f): 4:43pm On Dec 25, 2017
DPR offers free petrol to motorists in Mowe Ogun State

Motorists jubilated on Monday at Mani Petrol Station, Mowe, Ogun State as the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR), turned Santa Claus and offered them free petrol.

The free fuel by the DPR was the result of a sanction imposed on the owner of the station, who had ignored an earlier warning to dispense fuel at the regulated price of N145.

News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), reports that Head of Operations, DPR office in the state, Kasali Akinade, had earlier visited the station to warn the owner to start selling at the approved pump price.

NAN also reports that DPR officials had to return to sanction the owner because he refused to comply with their earlier directive.

Kasali said it had become imperative for him to make a “scapegoat” out of the station, so as to serve as a deterrent to others around the area.

He wondered why people would want to make life difficult for fellow citizens, saying the department has zero tolerance for such act of indiscipline.

“We got a tip-off that they are hoarding and selling at N220 per litre. We came here and instructed him to start selling at the approved pump price and forgave him for what he did.

“But as soon as we left his station, he reverted back to the old price and even stopped selling. We had to turn back and make a scapegoat out of him.

“This will serve as a deterrent to others because we treated him as a gentleman at first, but he decided to sabotage the efforts of the federal government,” he said.

He advised other marketers to quit short-changing the public, saying if they have any grievances, they should channel it to the appropriate quarters rather than taking it out on the masses.

Some customers who spoke with NAN expressed their joy at the DPR’s intervention, saying they needed such acts while also advising proper monitoring on the part of the authorities.

NAN reports that other stations visited that were hitherto not selling were made to start selling just as those who were selling above pump price were made to revert to the normal price of N145 per litre.

http://anstalk.com/dpr-turns-santa-claus-ogun-offers-free-petrol/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol by Troblem(m): 4:46pm On Dec 25, 2017
smiley

It amazing how humans cry,wail and countinously scam themselves with the "Organised goverment"

Humans are slaves, i tell u ,their is noting wrong with slavery.you were formd as a result of the forced combination of "unwilling particles"

Free to talk,slave to act.
And the list goes on.

The day i found out was when i stumbled on "The God factor"

you created gods to forgive you your sins! Prove me wrong,prove me and see what i will "unearth"

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol by Nkemtreasure: 4:55pm On Dec 25, 2017
When will DPR in IMO state wake up? Almost All filling stations have fuel and are selling at #250 as at today

11 Likes

Re: DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol by wristbangle: 5:18pm On Dec 25, 2017
Very good step

1 Like

Re: DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol by MicheyJ1: 5:18pm On Dec 25, 2017
Jeez this people are wicked sha. So they are now using fuel to campaign. Even though we are an oil producing country
Re: DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol by Khd95(m): 5:25pm On Dec 25, 2017
Troblem:
smiley

It amazing how humans cry,wail and countinously scam themselves with the "Organised goverment"

Humans are slaves, i tell u ,their is noting wrong with slavery.you were formd as a result of the forced combination of "unwilling particles"

And the list goes on.

you created gods to forgive you your sins! Prove me wrong,prove me and see what i will "unearth"
how this ur ranting take relate to the topic naa

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol by NothingDoMe: 5:27pm On Dec 25, 2017
Loool

APC and free things. I don't blame them sha.

Instead of putting their head down they'll be offering free akara, free fuel.

And Nigerians will foolishly jubilate.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol by tommykiwi(m): 5:27pm On Dec 25, 2017
After they done make enuf profit.
Re: DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 5:28pm On Dec 25, 2017
shocked
Re: DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol by anuoluwapo884(m): 5:29pm On Dec 25, 2017
And so who caused the scarcity before why don't u guys open all NNPC stations national-wide for free fuel keep deceiving yourself mumu federal Govt cheesy

1 Like

Re: DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol by anuoluwapo884(m): 5:29pm On Dec 25, 2017
wristbangle:
Very good step

Who be this dummy

4 Likes

Re: DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol by morikee: 5:31pm On Dec 25, 2017
Hahahaha
Re: DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 25, 2017
Dey beta solve d crisis in making petro product available dat is causing us so much pains, suffering & discomfort dan doing Santa Claus rubbish...
Re: DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol by NaijaMutant(f): 5:31pm On Dec 25, 2017
This is a misplaced priority.

An African adage says that a man whose house is in fire does not chase mouse.

DPR has failed in its primary duty of regulating the activities and prices of fuel.

DPR was not set up to share fuel.

only a handful of Ogun people will benefit from while others will only here the story and yet continue in their suffering.

2 Likes

Re: DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 25, 2017
smiley
Re: DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol by Olukat(m): 5:32pm On Dec 25, 2017
If the story is true DPR seems to have brainless officers
How could anyone act in that manner?
You have the right to seal off the station not to dispense. angry
I hope the military style of governance won't be adopted to follow through 2019 elections? angry

4 Likes

Re: DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol by sirusX(m): 5:33pm On Dec 25, 2017
Olukat:
If the story is true DPR seems to have brainless officers
How could anyone act in that manner?
You have the right to seal off the station not to dispense. angry
See gobe

I dunno much about the rules regarding that, but I felt the seal order should be enough punishment....at least that delays sales for more than a month

But now one loses money based on government wahala....how do they recover from that kind of loss

2 Likes

Re: DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol by anibi9674: 5:33pm On Dec 25, 2017
ok
Re: DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol by SAMBARRY: 5:37pm On Dec 25, 2017
Smh

Always from one bad news to the other.when there is 1 good news,there'll be 10 bad news
Re: DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol by Sapiosexuality(m): 5:37pm On Dec 25, 2017
Troblem:
smiley

And the list goes on.

Lol. Your blood is hot but I'm interested in your God Factor(You mean God Particle?) secrets.
Re: DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol by edudguy(m): 5:38pm On Dec 25, 2017
It is true that this governmemt is clueless and lacks ideas. It is true that we are suffering today because of our leaders but we the ordinary Nigerians are also guilty. At every corner we want to cheat ourselves and make more money. You have fuel but you have refused to sell at the normal price just to make more money. Your fellow Nigerian is suffering but you look him in the face and still decide to make more profit. Why are we just wicked? Not just fuel stations but anytime there's just a small crowd the transport fare increases.
Any festivity price of commodities sky rocket

I remember one evening the crowd at Oshodi was just much the conductor seeing this, decided that from Oshodi to Ilasa was #300 (infact every bus stop was #300)

We blame government and our politicians but the truth is that we are no different from them. If anything, we are worse

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol by nely(m): 5:39pm On Dec 25, 2017
Clueless Government and action, will dpr stay in the station forever?No, when they leave the owner will go back to his normal price and business continues, they would not even stay and sell up to a thousand litre of fuel instead of flooding every filling station with fuel they are behaving otherwise
Re: DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol by farem: 5:39pm On Dec 25, 2017
Nkemtreasure:
When will DPR in IMO state wake up? Almost All filling stations have fuel and are selling at #250 as at today

DPR only operates in Nigeria. Is Imo part of Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol by Kiddogarcia(m): 5:43pm On Dec 25, 2017
Troblem:
smiley

And the list goes on.

is actually wrong boy,if i create anything,i'll expect it to respect and fall at my order,so i ask for for forgiveness because i was created by him.mind u am the only official chrislam in the world
Re: DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol by Akinz0126(m): 5:45pm On Dec 25, 2017
2019 na to vote either buhari Ahmed abi na fela be that other guy name sef!

Nigerian youth wake up let's take our destiny into our own hands.
To hell with Atiku and his likes
Re: DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol by Troblem(m): 5:46pm On Dec 25, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Lol. Your blood is hot but I'm interested in your God Factor(You mean God Particle?) secrets.

I don't reply mentions you're the very first mention i have replied.

That being said,let me humor you!

Ergo
What do you knw about an Abstract metaphor used to fill the matrix in the void of a complex ego?

Happy holy-day.
Re: DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol by IamFranco: 5:48pm On Dec 25, 2017
grin
Re: DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol by Troblem(m): 5:50pm On Dec 25, 2017
Sapiosexuality:

I find most of my many mentions repulsive because of their stench of emotion and lack logic in it,that y
I don't reply mentions, you're the very first mention i have replied.nt that yours made any sense.

That being said,I'll humor you!

Ergo
What do you knw about an Abstract metaphor used to fill the matrix in the void of a complex ego?

Happy holy-day.
Re: DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol by ivolt: 5:52pm On Dec 25, 2017
Troblem:
smiley

And the list goes on.

Is everything okay?
Re: DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol by kings09(m): 5:53pm On Dec 25, 2017
Was buhari dressed up as santa? cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Picks Edo North Senatorial District Form / Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer / Elections: UK threatens Nigerian politicians with visa ban, asset forfeiture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.