Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,933 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas (25196 Views)

Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why / Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by phoenixthefirst(m): 10:12am On Dec 26, 2017
blesoh:

Thank you, short and simple.
Even people who didn't know when they were born still celebrate their birthdays talk more of Christ.
OBJ does not know when he was born but he chose a date as his birthday.
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by intruxive(m): 10:13am On Dec 26, 2017
kevoh:

It doesn't matter whether one day or everyday or posted on social media, this people in need got something just because it's Christmas day. That's the point.
Ok. U are right sha, those hungry kids should enjoy the plate of rice and chicken, and wait until.............. oh yeah 365 days from today. Oh how we love them so undecided

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by mastermaestro(m): 10:13am On Dec 26, 2017

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by olasco18(m): 10:15am On Dec 26, 2017
u c u na life.......celebrating wat is nt in d scripture....confused set of people
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by IAmSkinny: 10:15am On Dec 26, 2017
miketayo:

white wedding is the traditional wedding for the white man. its not compulsory as an african
It's compulsory. Example in Catholic Church, if you don't do your white wedding, you can't receive holy communion (even if you were a communicant prior to the wedding) and you can't join some societies in the church too.
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by mastermaestro(m): 10:16am On Dec 26, 2017
scholes23:
Attention seekers everywhere

Every opinion ant is trying hard to get popular over Christmas celebration.

Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by Eberex(m): 10:16am On Dec 26, 2017
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by Emyogalanya: 10:16am On Dec 26, 2017
BrainnewsNg:

See more at: https://www.brainnewsradio.com/category/local-news/

HEAR THIS TO YOU IN DAVID TOWN THIS DAY IS BORN OF DAVID'S LINE THE SAVIOUR WHO IS CHRIST THE LORD AND THIS SHALL BE THE SIGN....... THUS SPOKE THE SEPAPH AND FORTH WITH APPEARED A SHINING THRONG OF ANGELS PRAISING GOD. THE LAST PART SHOWED ANGELS IN CELEBRATION MOOD. SO WHO CARES IF ANTI CHRIST LIKE YOU FEEL OTHERWISE?
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by Mike008(m): 10:17am On Dec 26, 2017
BrainnewsNg:

You forgot number 12...

12. You are not enlightened.

"For Christians, the
belief that God came into the
world in the form of man to
atone for the sins of
humanity, rather than the
exact birth date, is considered
to be the primary purpose in
celebrating Christmas".

P.S.
Next time when your office is closing for Xmas, tell them you want to work on the 25th.

Don't copy and paste rubbish for us.

5 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 26, 2017
Mediapace:
Na your christmas lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I don't know why many are pained about christmas being celebrated on 25th

Is it your christmas .

So you want to tell me you believe that the earth came into existence 2016 years ago and you really believe january 1 is the beginning of new year ?

If your answer is no then gerarahia

We picked a day to celebrate the birth of our lord Jesus christ and we agreed on 25th since calendar wasn't in existence during the era of Jesus.

If you don't like it,you can celebrate your own christmas on october 1

You will live long.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by Fourwinds: 10:18am On Dec 26, 2017
Mediapace:

Is it your christmas .

So you want to tell me you believe that the earth came into existence 2016 years ago and you really believe january 1 is the beginning of new year ?

We picked a day to celebrate the birth of our lord Jesus christ and we agreed on 25th since calendar wasn't in existence during the era of Jesus.

no mind the ITK

Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by IAmSkinny: 10:18am On Dec 26, 2017
miketayo:

white wedding is the traditional wedding for the white man. its not compulsory as an african
Whether compulsory or not, it has a questionable origin and why is it still done in the church?
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by philcz(m): 10:19am On Dec 26, 2017
Where is NwaAmaikpe?

#bringbackNwaAmaikpe
THE SCAMMER BELOW ME THOUGH
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by Aliyu333: 10:20am On Dec 26, 2017
Mediapace:

Is it your christmas .

2016 does not imply the ages, there are different time scale, the ages bc and the ages ac, the 0000s are the current dispensation of time which is not meant to equate creation. Science believes there has been proof of solid earth 4.54 billion of years ago and proof of life no less than 3.8 billion years ago.
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 26, 2017
Etuagievin:
Xmas is like every other day. Its surely a pagan celebration. Christians should Desist from celebrating it

.Christians should stop celebrating it because you said so?

Get lost.
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by abelwealth(m): 10:22am On Dec 26, 2017
idiot. lyk u if u lyk no celebrate Jesus mata u no follow na devil u b
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by debolayinka(m): 10:23am On Dec 26, 2017
What matters to me is that men know the Lord of all days before claiming to celebrate Christmas. It doesn't matter if anyone chooses any date since the actual date isn't certain.
Make the Yuletide season a time reach out to someone still ignorant of the purpose Christ's coming, which is to save Him/Her from eternal damnation.
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by sylvez(m): 10:23am On Dec 26, 2017
BrainnewsNg:

but you did not give us any bible reference?
I celebrate Christmas because the Bible did not command us not to celebrate it....
go and hug baby wire
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by sogud(m): 10:24am On Dec 26, 2017
BrainnewsNg:

Dat one is ur own biznes .
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by xty50(f): 10:24am On Dec 26, 2017
I just dont know y our choosed date is paining u ppl.i am sure he has approved d date we choosed because there is always a kind of feeling i feel (spritually) each christmas since i was a kid.so leave us alone we r not complaining.if u dont celebrate it fine,but stop rubbing it on our faces because we dont care and ur opinion doesn't matter anyway.
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by Fourwinds: 10:27am On Dec 26, 2017
morikee:
Bunch of Pagans celebrating idolatry

Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by Tresh4real(m): 10:27am On Dec 26, 2017
brenister10:
Sister brain, even if we all didn't know the exact day and date Jesus was born, but the whole world have decided to pick a day out of 365days in a year to celebrate the birth of ancient of days, the one who owns the whole 365days in a year. So what's the problem please.

Please in the name of being sober, holy and not confirming to the world don't just conclude on what's not to be. There are many lost souls in the world that need to be brought to the knowledge of the gospel, so instead of bringing up a matter that has no footing, why not use that time to reach out to them by showing them the reason for the birth of the messiah.

So please enough of all these, Christ is the owner of the days in a year and a particular day was chose to celebrate him even if we all don't knows the exact date of his birth, so please...... NO CASE

Rip ENG
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by engrjacuzzi: 10:30am On Dec 26, 2017
religion has always been Africa's problem. if the Christians say Christmas is a pagan celebration, what would be said of our Muslim folks that mark eid'kabir, and every other notable Muslim holidays? do we then say the Muslims are pagans too?
my take is everyday is meant to be a reflection of God's grace that we see.
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by Fourwinds: 10:30am On Dec 26, 2017
saraki2019:
christmass is a celebration of evil , this is why we moslt drink , fornicate and show-off

Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by entrepreneurmic: 10:30am On Dec 26, 2017
[quote author=LuvSwollenPussy post=63609670]But if I take you for shopping on Xmas day u will go.

If I send money to ur acct in d name of Xmas celebration, you will collect

My sister, you're a typical nigerian. SHE GO COLLECT NA, DEY WRITE XMAS FOR DE MONEY. LOL
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by loomer: 10:30am On Dec 26, 2017
Na your choice.

E no concern us
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by eleko1: 10:30am On Dec 26, 2017
sad angry undecided undecided
BrainnewsNg:

undecided
BrainnewsNg:

Agent of darkness,confusionist /sadist.Leave us alone to celebrate Jesus.If we pay tithe,una go complain as if dey force u to pay.We dey celebrate Jesus,u get ulcer wey give u restless.Useless post.
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by gr8tone: 10:34am On Dec 26, 2017
BrainnewsNg:

That's your own idea. But be careful, attacking the church won't pay you any better. No church or preacher will ever tells you they are celebrating Jesus birthday rather they will tell you that we are celebrating the give of christ to the world. Whether the day has any pagan connotation or not, all the days of the weeks, and months of the year have pegan connotation for your information and we're not pegan worshippers. We celebrate the give of christ for the salvation of the world. The day is not marked for any bad business, if anyone chooses that part of life, then it is up to such individual but not the intention for that. My brother, don't join Daddy Freez in doing what is unbeneficial.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:35am On Dec 26, 2017
Wetin concern una.As if we do not know that months of the year and days of the week also have paganic origins.These people are just being hypocrites you celebrate your birthday but as a Christian you won't celebrate that of Christ.Because my birth month was named after a goddess and the day I was born was also named after a goddess I should not celebrate my birthday.If you don't celebrate Christ's birthday don't celebrate your's because it is not commanded in the bible.Yes he was not born on the 25th but we all agree that Jesus was born see as they are talking like as if they follow every commandment in the bible.You believe Christmas is paganic but the Sunday set aside to worship the sun god in which Christians now worship is not paganic.cherry picking people abeg leave us let us chop on that day.
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by eliadekx(m): 10:36am On Dec 26, 2017
[quote author=BrainnewsNg post=63607382]

[/quo

JEHOVA WITNESS PASTOR CLAP YOUR SELF,
THE PURE MAN OF NO SIN AND MISTAKE

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by Makuos: 10:37am On Dec 26, 2017
AdaIhiala:
if we can celebrate our great grand parents,grand parents birthday even when they can't recollect the exact year or date of birth,why not our beloved Saviour? Even Obasanjo does not know his date of birth,yet people scuttle to place newspaper birthday felicitations. so whats your point exactly?

You want to equate Jesus Christ to your great grand parents and grand parents. You don't have respect!!! Even if your great grand parents or grand parents can't recollect the exact year or date of their birth Then are you saying Jesus did not recollect or does not know when He was born or you have forgotten that Jesus is God and knows everything both past, present and future.

Jesus never celebrated His birthday right from His child hood to adulthood neither did He command us or His followers to do so; His parents never celebrated His birthday right from child hood to adult hood; Yet He commanded us to celebrate and remember His death by observing the Lords supper Then why did you leave what He commanded and go after what He never commanded Or u want to tell us you know more and He knows less, abii

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

David Oyedepo: Tougher Times Ahead In Nigeria / Blessings Through Holy Ghost Baptism — By Pastor W.F. Kumuyi (Season 2) / Spiritual Importance Of Early Morning Urine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.