Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,595 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria (58199 Views)

Poll: Are you interested in the hot air balloon experience?

Yes: 79% (23 votes)
No: 20% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Customized Balloon / Where Can I Get To Buy Helium Gas For Balloon Decoration? / Balloon Decoration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 12:48am On Feb 28, 2007
I wonder what it would be like to start up a balloon business like a tourism flights over obudu cattle ranch, Aso rock, Olumo rock and the Yankari Game Reserve and Jos
Apart from tourism they can be used for team bonding exercise, marriage gift, "life experience".

The brand new balloons that take about 2-4 people cost about £10,000, while the bigger ones that can take up to 14 people cost about £50,000, there are some that take more than that

Most flight usually last for an hour and can cover villages, mountains,rivers and so on,

You can also get more revenue by placing advertisement for companies on the Envelope (the balloon).

For those that are scared of height or have superstitions they can experience the tethered flight whereby a long rope firmly fixed to the ground is attached to the balloon so it is only some meters above the ground.

Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by casper(m): 2:15am On Feb 28, 2007
omo mehn if you start don't go over niger delta or else they will , ,,,well you know the rest.

best of luck to you.

1 Like

Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 2:20am On Feb 28, 2007
Nah men, no niger delta, basically tourist and attractive lands, ND is not really that attractive for now. i think we have some places that would be beautiful to look at from the above.

Does anyone know how to write a proposal/buisiness plan? we can make some megabucks grin
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 11:44pm On Feb 28, 2007
nice view grin

there can be a naija experience, from south to north by "Air"

1 Like

Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by Loads: 11:57pm On Feb 28, 2007
I have been on the Virgin one in London and its fantastic. It will be nice if something like that works in Naija but the locations will be restricted just like all the helicopters now flying about as you know NEPA (or what do the call themselves now) wires will disturb. If its well thought through I think it can work.
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by naijacutee(f): 1:53am On Mar 01, 2007
Do you have a customer base for this though? Do you think the average Nigerian would be willing to fork out money to ride in a hot air ballon? The ones who can afford to can also probably afford to travel abroad where it is more secure and they wouldn't have NEPA poles, hellys etc to disturb the experience. I duno, just my 2 pennies smiley

1 Like

Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 1:53am On Mar 01, 2007
Yea location is a big factor in this kind of business, that is why obudu ranch, jos,yankari games reserve and even mabilla plateau will be used for launching and landing. Helicopters can always move out of the way  cheesy

Lagos will likely be out of the question due to air pollution-poor visiblity and air traffic and it's not a pretty state to look at anyway IMO. They might be tithered flight for major beach events.

this idea is patented, copyright, trademarked and any other shizzle attached to it  grin
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by swing: 1:56am On Mar 01, 2007
well this has been flown b4 by mirinda some years back in lagos
it was a kind of advert
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 2:00am On Mar 01, 2007
Customer base: Yes Yes and Yessss  grin

Hmm average nigerian: depends what you mean by average; tourism is not usually for everybody  wink it's not just a hot air balloon its the "experience"  wink

the balloon go over Nepa poles! The launching base be in a big open field no tall buildings or hazards.

cheetahs don't walk into elephants; they move out of the way- hope nigeria helicopter pilots are not blind  cool
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 2:02am On Mar 01, 2007
swing:

well this has been flown before by mirinda some years back in lagos
it was a kind of advert

cool, this wont be exclusively for advert it will be mainly flights and companies can buy space on the balloons or even basket cheesy
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by Seun(m): 12:10am On Mar 02, 2007
How much would you charge for a one hour ride in the balloon (just trying to guage the revenue potential).
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 12:58am On Mar 02, 2007
N10,000 per person per flight a week before via a website or from banks, E-vouchers or gift packs
N12,000 per person per flight on the same day

some sort of discount for group booking and special ceremonies.

I think the prices above are kind of low considering insurance will be included;N25,000 sounds more like it! anyway it's still an idea- a good one  grin
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by Seun(m): 11:44am On Mar 02, 2007
10,000 naira for a one hour ride? shocked Do you know that a 2 hour movie at Silverbird costs 1,500 naira?
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 2:54pm On Mar 02, 2007
That's a movie this is an "experience"  wink
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by swing: 11:00am On Mar 04, 2007
10k/12k per flight
do u know most local flight in Nigeria costs same
i dont know if you re comparing d price with air-plane-flight or u re jst basing it on tourism
i think ur price needs to be checked
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 12:41pm On Mar 04, 2007
Unfortunately this is not for everybody

And this is not a subtitue for local flights; As you know there are big and obvious differences between a local journey and fun flight.

I dont know if it would be proper to compare it to "somewhere else" anyway

One can get a flight from london to spain for about £100
one hour flight on a hot air balloon experience cost about £149+

some concerts/shows in nigeria charge N25,000+ and still get sold out and as you know they are on- on a regular basis.

abi im not getting the point im not exactly a business person.

(just trying to guage the revenue potential).
ok what about if its N5000, usually 2-3 people on a flight?
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by babasin(m): 1:40pm On Mar 04, 2007
@Loverboy,

Good Idea but Nigeria is not ready. Initial interest would be great but afterward, it will loose attraction; thats Naija for you. They go back to their daily life: suffering and similing and the rich one; goes back trying to over-inflate contract.

example: Amuement Park in Ibadan, was great fun in the 90's. went back in 2001, it was a ghost park.

1 Like

Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by Seun(m): 1:56pm On Mar 04, 2007
example: Amusement Park in Ibadan, was great fun in the 90's. went back in 2001, it was a ghost park.

Please don't blame Nigerians for what may have been caused by bad marketing and maintenance.

1 Like

Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by sisimose(f): 2:17pm On Mar 04, 2007
babsin
how can you blame the people for the demise of Ibadan amusement park? or any other venues for that matter? if you understand business you won't say this. Well if the people lost interest, then it was down to the fact that they were not getting anything for what they paid, and when this happens it is up to the owners to generate the interest, create a buzz again and get people back. Sorry that is just a case of bad business planning and mismanagement period.

We have population that could potentially be an entrepreneurs dream come true, if only people do their homework and find their market and keep it. About this hot air balloon business it is a good idea, forget superstitions and the rest , if you really want to sell your idea you can, do you know with the right promotions, etc you could literarily sell ice to an Eskimo? Sometimes we underestimate our people, Nigerians love good life even those with not much money still love to treat their family to a resort within Nigeria, i know my dad was not a millionaire but he sure treated us, we always went somewhere during the holidays, from a day at the beach to a show at the National arts theatre. Good luck with your idea , lets keep such things buzzing within Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by mellow(m): 4:56pm On Mar 04, 2007
Most Nigerian don't appreciate Parks
simple truth
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by gidig(m): 5:01pm On Mar 04, 2007
I have attempted to do something with hot air balloon before and I had even made contacts in S.A. You could look at corporate clients that want to use it for adverts and promotions.that way, you can cover your cost and get something back.

I dont know about your enquiries but I do know that it does not do well in temperatures that are above 30 degrees C.And I think the pilot cost is chanrged per hour. This is besides the regulatory agnecies approving it and for which area.It will definitely be for leisure and not anything else.

Just put your plans in order.Anything can be achieved!
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by Christino(m): 6:55pm On Mar 04, 2007
10 grand per hour for a "safe" balloon flight. Oh what an experience, i'd rather glide grin
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by sisimose(f): 7:33pm On Mar 04, 2007
please lol grin
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 1:09am On Mar 05, 2007
Christino:

10 grand per hour for a "safe" balloon flight. Oh what an experience, i'd rather glide grin

Unfortunately this is not for everybody
tongue

Im sure when you're trying to impress that girl you'll get a loan for it wink
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by mellow(m): 7:08am On Mar 05, 2007
:-x :-x :-x
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by goldmay(m): 10:35am On Mar 05, 2007
We re in the final stages of kicking of the hot air ballon services in Nigeria.
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by ronnieslimz(f): 12:20pm On Mar 05, 2007
nice idea, goodluck!
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by mellow(m): 6:05pm On Mar 05, 2007
Goodluck too
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by astronp7(m): 12:55am On Mar 06, 2007
Nice concept I look forward to see it. But make a good plan before coming public because other will also come up their own ballon services. Good luck!
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by osegwu(m): 7:01am On Mar 06, 2007
Nice advice
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 4:05pm On Mar 07, 2007
goldmay:

We re in the final stages of kicking of the hot air ballon services in Nigeria.

Thanks for liking my idea grin, imitation can also the greatest form of robbery wink
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by Seun(m): 4:08pm On Mar 07, 2007
Simple logic tells us that he could not have imitated you if his business is in the final stages. wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) / CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes / 51-Year-Old Nigerian Bought As A Toy By A Rich White Kid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.