Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

8 Years Or 5 Years On Limitation For Car Importing To Nigeria? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 8 Years Or 5 Years On Limitation For Car Importing To Nigeria? (1604 Views)

Buy A Ford Car And Get 4 Years Or 120 000km Of Free Service / Rules On Car Importation To Nigeria - Is It 8 Years Or 10 Years? / Should Vin Display Be Mandatory On Ads For Cars 8 Years Or Newer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Years Or 5 Years On Limitation For Car Importing To Nigeria? by layifioren(m): 1:32am On Feb 28, 2007
I heard from a source that the 8 year boundary for car importation to Nigeria has been changed to 5 years i.e you can't import cars older than five years. Can someone please shed more light on this as I know someone who is thinking of shipping a 2001 Mazda Tribute to Nigeria. Also, how much would this vehicle worth in Nigeria?
Re: 8 Years Or 5 Years On Limitation For Car Importing To Nigeria? by casper(m): 2:12am On Feb 28, 2007
8 years
Re: 8 Years Or 5 Years On Limitation For Car Importing To Nigeria? by casper(m): 2:13am On Feb 28, 2007
it will be worth about 2M, wait how many miles does it have?
Re: 8 Years Or 5 Years On Limitation For Car Importing To Nigeria? by layifioren(m): 2:17am On Feb 28, 2007
app 63,000 miles and it's a LX
Re: 8 Years Or 5 Years On Limitation For Car Importing To Nigeria? by Democrat(m): 2:29pm On Feb 28, 2007
Layi

If you want to sell it fast, you should be looking about N1.8-N2.2 Million. It will cost you about $1500 to ship and another N350k to Clear customs. Make sure it is worth you trouble. And yes you can ship cars 8yrs or Younger to Nigeria. 1999 and Up!!
Re: 8 Years Or 5 Years On Limitation For Car Importing To Nigeria? by omogenaija(f): 4:44am On Apr 28, 2007
i think there shouldnt be a limit , ppl should be able to bring any car of any age to nigeria
Re: 8 Years Or 5 Years On Limitation For Car Importing To Nigeria? by user86666(m): 7:06pm On Apr 29, 2007
i dont quite agree, naija was being taken over by junk before the law was passed <=8 yrs
Re: 8 Years Or 5 Years On Limitation For Car Importing To Nigeria? by IBBFan(m): 1:50pm On May 03, 2007
@user
but considering the average nigerian living in this country where car financing doesn't really work for certain car budgets, i think it still isn't a bad idea. even at that, people still bring in cars of 9yrs and older from Benin/Togo/Ghana.
Re: 8 Years Or 5 Years On Limitation For Car Importing To Nigeria? by user86666(m): 2:12pm On May 09, 2007
I think I understand your point of view but it wasnt just cars that were banned then. Used refridgerators, air conditioners etc were also on the list and believe me those items were turning our major cities into junkyards. Even now they are still smuggled in somehow but the influx is unlike when it was totally legal.

IBB Fan:

i think it still isn't a bad idea. even at that, people still bring in cars of 9yrs and older from Benin/Togo/Ghana.
That was confusing, what exactly did u mean?
Re: 8 Years Or 5 Years On Limitation For Car Importing To Nigeria? by IBBFan(m): 10:14pm On May 09, 2007
@user
oops! i was just trying to say it isn't a bad idea to still allow the car importations of 8yrs and older. the authorities would have just been checking the status of such cars coming in and faced the ban on the "scraps". after all, some new model "melons" still come into the country.
Re: 8 Years Or 5 Years On Limitation For Car Importing To Nigeria? by user86666(m): 8:44am On May 14, 2007
Yeah your conception is right, but can we trust naija authorities? Its almost pointless to rely on the discretion of govt officials, thats why in naija we either allow something. . . or ban it outright, no in-betweens angry angry
Imagine what'll happen in that case, people bringing crappy vehicles and paying bribes to pass through the checks . . . .

(1) (Reply)

2005 Toyota Camry At Cheaper Rate / I Need Mitsubishi L300 Crystal Lite Roof / 1991 Mack Ch613 Tractor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.