Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos (38795 Views)

Shiite Muslims Attend Christmas Service In Zaria, Present Gift / Muslims Visit Church In Nasarawa; Celebrate Christmas With Christians / Man Put Paper In Offering Envelope In Church With This Write Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Emac34: 2:50pm On Dec 26, 2017
blackpanthers:

I live in the North
which part in the north cos the Hausa's i know don't pray together with their women
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by enemyofprogress: 2:51pm On Dec 26, 2017
BetaThings:

Your terror attacks are just like nuclear attack compared to AK 47 by Muslims

1. The invasion of Iraq by America - that is a country carrying out attack on a whole country
How many attacks

2. Rwanda genocide

3. Vietnam war
is that all? I guess when those attacks were carried out, the perpetrators shouted JESUS IS LORD, the way your people always shout ALLAHU AKBAR whenever you want to carry out your own?

1 Like

Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by BetaThings: 2:53pm On Dec 26, 2017
Tugsramm:
wat ur reaction i bet u just watched.i av similar experience when i was young, my friends nd i we were playing bal beside a church fence mistakenly d bal flew over nd pastor seized our bal burnt it nd he gv us 15 strokes cane.our parent reported d mata to d police d man was arrented cos we were injured.so every religion av their bad eggs

http://dailypost.ng/2012/12/06/covenant-university-expels-200-students/
Our source said the Chancellor then walked up to the podium and politely took the microphone from Mrs Obayan and said ”if i hear the voice of any student, the curse of the lord shall fall upon that one” and immediately, the chapel went dead silent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2ZdicGPjKw
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Phoniex23: 2:53pm On Dec 26, 2017
Nice one...
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by TheAIC: 2:53pm On Dec 26, 2017
NaijaMutant:

Hypocrite

Do you even know the meaning of that?

I have made statement of facts which you can't disprove.

I'll restate it again.

The peace and tolerance of Christ and Christianity to allow an Islamist and more so a woman on hijab to address congregants is the height of tolerance and peace the world will ever know.

1 Cor 14:34-35 "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Eze2000(m): 2:55pm On Dec 26, 2017
BetaThings:

But we did not hear of the battle to ensure that a Northerner did not succeed Pastor Oritsejafor as CAN president?
You started it, oh!

Bro, north or south no complaints
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by drakeli: 2:55pm On Dec 26, 2017
Fundamentalist:

I don't want to dereail I would create a thread for this soon
Don’t bother to rewrite history. Anyone that wants to know more about crusade vs jihad should look it up. Crusade drove out jihad from Spain and Europe at large. Thanks to crusade. The whole world would have been a caliphate. No thanks to Saladin the jihadist general who captured Jerusalem.
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by BenzEne1(m): 2:58pm On Dec 26, 2017
BetaThings:

When a black man carried out a violent act in the US, we are told how they are low lifes etc
When a white man does that, we start hearing about mental health issues

It gets.so annoying sometimes.
A friend of mine was commending the attacks against the people of Rohingya simply because they are muslims. Then we heard about the fulani herdsmen attacks in Adamawa. He was all worked up about how muslims (not the supposed herdsmen) are violent. Someone who commended killings a while ago cause it was directed at muslims suddenly criticizing a group of muslims for killing. I dunno how best hypocrisy can be typified.

Killings are anti Islamic and we condemn such acts. It however looks like a Christian is satisfied with killing only when the target is a muslim.
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by frankyychiji(f): 2:59pm On Dec 26, 2017
BetaThings:

Pretentious tolerance in church
On Nairaland, are you?
At the bar, are you?
In public school, are you?

You really are a PDP troll, masquerading as a tolerant christian
Shame on you! There are more Muslims in PDP than in other political party in Nigeria.

My question is, when will a Yoruba Muslim be Chief Imam and be the one to site and announce the moon?

Once upon a time, I was traveling by road from kano to Lagos. When we got to around Okene which by the way considered to be more SW than been a northern region by an average Hausa man, some of the hausa Muslims in our bus had to pray in a nearby mosque.
But I noticed that rather than go into the almost empty mosque to pray, they pitched outside of the mosque instead.
A little enquiry told me that, though it was a Muslim praying ground, the Hausa Muslims nevertheless dont consider it holy enough to go inside and pray alongside the locals.

I don't really give a damn about that, my only problem with Islam are those using it to kill, maim and destroy others.

2 Likes

Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by laliga01: 2:59pm On Dec 26, 2017
Tugsramm:
av u ever been to mosque nd rejected.u just talk out of sense.christians traveling a long distance journey ar allow to pass their night inside mosque so nt al eggs are bad

nigga keep quite, you do not know what you are saying. Were you not in this country when Somebody was killed for urinating outside the mosque? Is that how a religion should be peaceful to trespasser?
The church can never try that, killing an individual just because he urinate outside the church.
Can such people allow a Christan to enter their mosque?

2 Likes

Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by ezewealth(m): 3:03pm On Dec 26, 2017
drakeli:
So you are so educated such that you can’t distinguish between religion violence and political violence. All you put up there are political unrest or war not religious.

Rewanda is tribal political war. Hutu vs Tutsi

Vietnam is war against communism which is political.

Iraq, political too on the notion tha sadam has nuclear weapons though found to be not true. And atrocities he committed against tribal Iraqi.
You dey mind the guy?, him for add biafra war too. Very intelligent indeed

3 Likes

Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by BetaThings: 3:04pm On Dec 26, 2017
drakeli:
Crusade and jihad exited side by side to fight each other. Then was crusade and jihad. Crusade was provoked by jihad. Crusaders were not fighting infidel like Muslims. They were only fighting Muslims invaders in their territory.

Crusade was meant to drive away terrorist Muslims waging jihad that invaded Christian Europe and Jerusalem. You Muslims provoked the crusade by invading Christian territory.

But that’s history. Muslims are the one still living in the Stone Age of jihad in 21st centuries. Christians have moved on.

Stop the lies

Crusades

Another group of Crusaders, led by the notorious Count Emicho, carried out a series of massacres of Jews in various towns in the Rhineland in 1096, drawing widespread outrage and causing a major crisis in Jewish-Christian relations.

Despite Tancred’s promise of protection, the Crusaders slaughtered hundreds of men, women, and children in their victorious entrance into Jerusalem.

Throughout the remainder of the 13th century, a variety of Crusades aimed not so much to topple Muslim forces in the Holy Land but to combat any and all of those seen as enemies of the Christian faith.

The Albigensian Crusade (1208-29) aimed to root out the heretical Cathari or Albigensian sect of Christianity in France, while the Baltic Crusades (1211-25) sought to subdue pagans in Transylvania.

Rwanda Genocide supported by the Church

2003 - that is not stone age

[s]https://harpers.org/archive/2009/05/jesus-killed-mohammed/[/s]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qryt4fmE6tg

Stop your hypocrisy
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by drakeli: 3:08pm On Dec 26, 2017
BetaThings:

Stop the lies

Crusades

Rwanda Genocide supported by the Church

2003 - that is not stone age

[s]https://harpers.org/archive/2009/05/jesus-killed-mohammed/[/s]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qryt4fmE6tg

Stop your hypocrisy
How is rewanda genocide supported by the church. Both Hutu and Tutsi belong to the same church. Not like they are Christians vs Muslims. I’m not surprised when you fail to draw the line between politics and religion. Same thing you have done here.

3 Likes

Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 26, 2017
This is not true.

A Muslim woman on hijab is allowed to mount the pulpit and handle the microphone to address congregants while a Yoruba Muslim cannot be allowed to lead prayers in any mosque dominated by the Hausa's because they are inferior Muslims and considered to be an abomination to Allah.[/quote]
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 26, 2017
crankey:

What do you know about Iran......
don't mind the op
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by lilytender: 3:21pm On Dec 26, 2017
NaijaMutant:
Just imagine how tolerant Christ and Christianity is!

A Muslim woman on hijab is allowed to mount the pulpit and handle the microphone to address congregants while a Yoruba Muslim cannot be allowed to lead prayers in any mosque dominated by the Hausa's because they are inferior Muslims and considered to be an abomination to Allah.

These lies that your forefathers have been telling you will get you nowhere. The chief Imam of Lagos Central Mosque is a Yoruba man. Hausas pray in the same mosque behind the Yoruba Chief Imam daily. Besides, what brought Yoruba versus Hausa Muslim discrimination into the current discussion? Nothing, but your faulty and lies- filled upbringing.
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by lilytender: 3:23pm On Dec 26, 2017
NaijaMutant:
Just imagine how tolerant Christ and Christianity is!

A Muslim woman on hijab is allowed to mount the pulpit and handle the microphone to address congregants while a Yoruba Muslim cannot be allowed to lead prayers in any mosque dominated by the Hausa's because they are inferior Muslims and considered to be an abomination to Allah.

These lies that your forefathers have been telling you will get you nowhere. The chief Imam of Lagos Central Mosque is a Yoruba man. Hausas pray in the same mosque behind the Yoruba Chief Imam daily. Besides, what brought Yoruba versus Hausa Muslim discrimination into the current discussion? Nothing, but your faulty and lies- filled upbringing.

You people that rejected the Bishop of Mbaise appointed by the Pope are talking about discrimination.
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by frankyychiji(f): 3:25pm On Dec 26, 2017
lilytender:

Did you say Lagos? How about the overall chief imam? I dunno maybe there another word for it, those who can site moon and announce same?

1 Like

Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by nothernstar: 3:25pm On Dec 26, 2017
Tugsramm:
av u ever been to mosque nd rejected.u just talk out of sense.christians traveling a long distance journey ar allow to pass their night inside mosque so nt al eggs are bad
any christian that does that is at his or her own detriment. We will avoid that cos any law broken will lead to head beheading. That why fear to try that

1 Like

Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by amnesty7: 3:33pm On Dec 26, 2017
NaijaMutant:

They should dump islam altogether and find succour in the redeeming blood of Christ.

Besides, you can't be sane and be a Muslim

You mean believing in the 'logical' addition that 1+ 1 + 1 = 1 is for sane people?
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Faithscharms2(f): 3:43pm On Dec 26, 2017
Tugsramm:
wat ur reaction i bet u just watched.i av similar experience when i was young, my friends nd i we were playing bal beside a church fence mistakenly d bal flew over nd pastor seized our bal burnt it nd he gv us 15 strokes cane.our parent reported d mata to d police d man was arrented cos we were injured.so every religion av their bad eggs

Oga it's not the same thing please..A Muslim can touch the bible some even burn it and Christians don't fight about it but the 10yr old was beaten to a pulp just for touching a quran..for goodness sake what does a 10yr old know?and as for your football experience if the tables where turned and it was a Christian whose football entered into a mosque then that boys name go turn sorry and it will not even end there cos they will turn it to crisis..you know I'm right.

1 Like

Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by mikolo4us: 3:53pm On Dec 26, 2017
Sunni Muslims are the problem of Islam....Nigeria no see religion adopt na the evil practices of Sunni Muslim dem adopt....may Allah save them....I Jesus name we pray
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by derecho(m): 4:08pm On Dec 26, 2017
TheAIC:

1 Cor 14:34-35 "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."
thanks
Now explain
Galatians 3:28 King James Version (KJV)

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by psalmsjob: 4:09pm On Dec 26, 2017
I believe that it's possible to be a Muslim and still be a Christian just as it's possible to be a Christian and still be practicing religion of other kind.

I saw in the first picture a crucifix with an image of Jesus nailed to it hung up at the alter but that is wrong spiritually, particularly for a church that's suppose to be of Jesus himself. It's wrong because Jesus has RISEN UP to heaven as a justification for all those that will believe in him.

Portraying Jesus as nailed to a cross at this time is a half truth about what the cross did and means to the human race. Furthermore, the manger, the Cross and the Grave are empty now but the right hand side of the Almighty Allah is occupied in heaven by Jesus so don't be kind of subjecting him to public ridicules all over again.

Jesus defeated death itself so what's more than that?

Freedom can't be anything less than total, if less, then it's not truly freedom.

author=ChangeIsCostant post=63617882]cc; lalasticlala
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 26, 2017
LagosCiti:
Because they know Christians will always keep the door open regardless of religion. Pentecostals will not persecute Catholics, Evangelicals won't start killing Anglicans because they know who they're serving. Love always wins. Christ is love.

1 Like

Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Olabenjamen22(m): 4:25pm On Dec 26, 2017
anigbajumo:

Where did u read that from Quran??

They ar never Muslim nd I don't consider them as one, am neither Sunnis or shia (we are less concern that in Yoruba land) but for them to hide under the umbrella of Islam to be doing all these is against the will of Allah. No matter how surratul kafirunah has settled all these " Your religion is yours nd My religion is mine " It is forbidden in Islam to practice or partake in any other religion as far ad u ar devoted Muslim.

Again,who told you Yoruba don't pray or lead prayer even in Hausa domain.A transporter is quoting you,av lead prayer this noon here @Tejina (Niger state).I don't knw why you guys always bliv in just mere observation of some people pending u av not witnessed it.

Lol, so they are no more Muslim because they went to church to celebrate with Christian.

Maybe i should remind you that your Palestine Muslim too join Christian to celebrate Christmas too.

I guess they are fake too.
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by malakaimoscondo: 4:28pm On Dec 26, 2017
NaijaMutant:
Forget all this pretense, they are humble now because they want our sympathy and support against their terrorist shia brothers.

They should dump islam altogether and find succour in the redeeming blood of Christ.

Besides, you can't be sane and be a Muslim
lol,is a free world spew wht u wnt from ur mouth.d debate continue in the grave nd here after.
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by bkak: 4:32pm On Dec 26, 2017
The enemy of an enemy is a friend simple
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Rufaisalihu: 4:42pm On Dec 26, 2017
Danjimma da Dan jimmai
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by anigbajumo(m): 4:43pm On Dec 26, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

Lol, so they are no more Muslim because they went to church to celebrate with Christian.

Maybe i should remind you that your Palestine Muslim too join Christian to celebrate Christmas too.

I guess they are fake too.

You knw nothing about Islam,pls shut up!!
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by somegirl1: 4:49pm On Dec 26, 2017
BenzEne1:

We know you folks are tolerant. Tolerant enough to label all muslim violent when a few elements with Islamic claims carry out acts of terror. But when Christians carry out terror attacks you dont point at the entirety of christianity. That's how tolerant and hypocritical you are.
When has a Christian been involved in terrorism in recent times? Give an example please, providing proof that the individual was in fact a Christian.
The problem with practitioners of Islam is that you very conveniently believe that every non-muslim is a Christian.

2 Likes

Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Olabenjamen22(m): 4:49pm On Dec 26, 2017
anigbajumo:

You knw nothing about Islam,pls shut up!!

Apart from your prophet been a gigolo, and have a first class honor in lieing and kill.

What more to know about your evil religion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

25 Born-Again Christians Return WAEC Certificates / Christian Sex. / Brighton Elliot Moyo Dies After 'Resurrection' By Prophet Lukau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.