Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Please I Need Your Advice....... Thinking Of Forfeit My Admission For ACA - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please I Need Your Advice....... Thinking Of Forfeit My Admission For ACA (635 Views)

Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. / ICAN ACA Now Equivalent To ACCA / Plz Help Me On My Admission Into Oau.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Your Advice....... Thinking Of Forfeit My Admission For ACA by itskindu: 12:57pm On Dec 26, 2017
after years in search of admission into uniben I decided to write the ICAN ATS exam,which I cleared all my papers from Ats1-3 at a time. I was inducted and given AAT which i could use to write just 9papers at the professional stage skills and professional and attain ACA which I can then use to run my bsc at any private school of my choice.
I was also admitted into unilag to study insurance.
the problem is how will I be efficient and effective in my choosing career
should I just continue my Ican and forfeit the admission, should I pause the Ican and pursue a good degree in unilag then run the ICAN once am through
or should I run the two at a time all things been equal I will get charted at 100l second semester then participate fully with school activities while searching for part time job that can boost my experience .
although age isn't in my side am 22yr
I will be pleased if your candid opinion is backed up with reasons
thanks
Re: Please I Need Your Advice....... Thinking Of Forfeit My Admission For ACA by toptop: 7:04am On Dec 27, 2017
Let me start by congratulating you. You have done well for yourself.
Then again you are not correct to conclude that at 22 age is not on your side.
With regards to your question, you need to run both if you have the financial muscle. Postponing your ICAN professional exams is not good. Your mind and brain is ready and focused for it now. This is the best time to clear it. You don't know how your post degree mindset will be like.
Again, your 100 levels programme will not pose much problem or distraction your way. At that time, most students are even yet to settle down.
See this as a win-win situation. With time, you will get to know that being an ACA is more valued than BSc.
This is from my experience as an ACA.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice....... Thinking Of Forfeit My Admission For ACA by itskindu: 8:31am On Dec 27, 2017
thank you sir for your advice. that was my initial plan tho the money isn't really there, my mum doesn't know the worth of ICAN all she just cared about is the BSC .
my mentor who is just like a brother to me he said If I can I should forfeit the admission for ICAN so I can put my effort on it.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice....... Thinking Of Forfeit My Admission For ACA by toptop: 10:47am On Dec 27, 2017
Take your mentor's advice. Go for ICAN now. With that, you will easily secure a job in an audit firm. Your BSc will then be run smoothly. And you will have the opportunity to earn post qualification experience before you complete your degree programme.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice....... Thinking Of Forfeit My Admission For ACA by itskindu: 4:55pm On Dec 27, 2017
but sir what's really your say about it. cause am confused you no how funny Ican professional exam could be. worth if I get charted at 100l I can still search for per time job to boost up my experience. I don't want to make the wrong move. I noticed ICAN tutor center is also at unilag it would be Stressfree going for lecture.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice....... Thinking Of Forfeit My Admission For ACA by toptop: 8:00pm On Dec 27, 2017
I know that there is no guarantee that you will pass your professional exams without any slip up. That is the risk. Risk is not equal to uncertainty. Risk is rewarding. Uncertainty is not.

My take is that you go for your ICAN first. Age is very much on your side. As an ACA, you are positioned for employment and self-employment opportunities.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice....... Thinking Of Forfeit My Admission For ACA by itskindu: 8:29pm On Dec 27, 2017
thank you sir..... what about going for the two to be at the safest side.....i believe God will provide the financial aspect before may2018. and also unilag are on strike I can use the opportunity to start preparing for ICAN as well as get relevant insurance materials ND prepare in advance.

(1) (Reply)

Why You Start A Business Before You Are 30 / Well-researched Agricultural Economics Project Topics And Materials. / I Need A Business To Invest In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.