Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,192 members, 7,780,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:23 PM

"Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says (18759 Views)

Winifred Akpani: Only Less Than 30% Of Fuel Depots Are Operating / Independent Petroleum Marketers Association Of Nigeria Elect New Executive Team / Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:13pm On Dec 26, 2017
The Depot and Petroleum Products Marketers Association (DAPPMA) on Tuesday expressed concern over the inability of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) to send petrol to its members’ depots.

DAPPMA’s Executive Secretary, Mr Olufemi Adewole, in a statement in Lagos, urged NNPC to help the Association so as to alleviate the suffering of Nigerians.

“Our members’ depots are presently empty. However, if the PPMC/NNPC can provide us with petrol, we are ready to do 24-hour loading to alleviate the sufferings of Nigerians and for the fuel queues to be totally eliminated.

“We, petroleum products marketers, do empathise with all Nigerians who are going through difficulties at this time by spending hours on fuel queues because of the current fuel scarcity due to no fault of theirs.

“DAPPMA members import about 65 per cent of the nation’s total fuel consumption, Major Oil Marketers Association of Nigeria (MOMAN) imports about 15 per cent and PPMC/NNPC import the balance of 20 per cent.

“However this scenario changed drastically due to several challenges faced by marketers," he said.

The DAPPMA official claimed that their members pay PPMC/NNPC in advance for petroleum products.

He said fully paid-up petrol orders which have neither been programmed nor loaded is in excess of 500,000MT (about 800,000,000 litres).

“As at today, there is enough petrol to meet the nation’s needs for 19 days at a daily estimated consumption of 35,000,000 litres.

“Sadly, some people have blamed marketers for hoarding products. Unfortunately, this is far from the truth.

“Hoarding is regarded as economic sabotage and we assure all Nigerians that our members are not involved in such illicit act.

“While all kinds of allegations have been made in the media, it is important to set the records straight, as Nigerians first, and as responsible business men and women who employ Nigerians.

“As it stands today, NNPC has been the sole importer of PMS into the country since October,’’ Adewole said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/our-depots-are-empty-petroleum-marketers-association-says.html

1 Share

Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by Bizibi(m): 3:21pm On Dec 26, 2017
My brain is paining me,different news on fuel everyday.
@Beebeeooh abeg pass me that cold Heineken......

8 Likes

Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by DWJOBScom(m): 3:29pm On Dec 26, 2017
Don't worry guys we know the truth....

This Govt will soon blame Nigerians for their failure as someone must always take the blame.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:32pm On Dec 26, 2017
Bizibi:
My brain is paining me,different news on fuel everyday.
@Beebeeooh abeg pass me that cold Heineken......
What are friends for cool

46 Likes

Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by SportBlogger(m): 3:38pm On Dec 26, 2017
Hmm fat lie take grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by abokibuhari: 3:39pm On Dec 26, 2017
grin
Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by eagleeye2: 5:27pm On Dec 26, 2017
If Buhari and his people tell Nigerians the truth, them go die? Am asking for someone.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 26, 2017
shocked
Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by anibi9674: 6:05pm On Dec 26, 2017
ok.
Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by zombieTRACKER: 6:07pm On Dec 26, 2017
eagleeye2:
If Buhari and his people tell Nigerians the truth, them go die? Am asking for someone.

if they tell you the truth then they may as well have to kill you....
they have nothing to offer except propaganda

Boko Haram is technically defeated ....yesterday

we need one billion dollars to fight Boko Haram... today

they will tell you that fuel is every where
just know that they are born liars
refuse to be a zombie

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by Paperwhite(m): 6:10pm On Dec 26, 2017
No truth in Nigeria.Lies,lies,lies and lies everywhere.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by Becoted001(m): 6:11pm On Dec 26, 2017
smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by 2cato: 6:20pm On Dec 26, 2017
Who do you think is to blame for the evil and wicked fuel scarcity
Like for the marketers
Share for apc led govt by bubu

2 Likes 33 Shares

Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by 2cato: 6:37pm On Dec 26, 2017
Young and up coming children are looking up to you and would want to emulate you
Beebeeoh continue to fly ur colour unitil one day monkey go go market.............

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by ivandragon: 6:39pm On Dec 26, 2017
the marketers had warned of scarcity since August, but pmb & his cabal of liars chose to ignore their warning & continued to lie to Nigerians that all is well...

now that pmb's refusal to plan ahead has been exposed, the incompetent one is using his minions to blame the marketers...

clowns in power...

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by emeijeh(m): 6:45pm On Dec 26, 2017
In other words, the fuel scarcity continues.

3 Likes

Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by afbstrategies: 6:46pm On Dec 26, 2017
No one knows who is lying or who is telling the truth. What a wonderful Country cheesy

3 Likes

Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by talktrue1(m): 6:47pm On Dec 26, 2017
Terribly bad
Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by Queenext: 6:47pm On Dec 26, 2017
Bubu is a failure personified

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by KingLennon(m): 6:48pm On Dec 26, 2017
That means throughout this week there'll still be fuel scarcity. Everyday things are getting hard in this country...

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by seunlayi(m): 6:48pm On Dec 26, 2017
Bursted, but APC, must you be this wicked? Why? Why putting us thru all the mess?

6 Likes

Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by DLondonboiy: 6:49pm On Dec 26, 2017

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by MrThisandthat(m): 6:49pm On Dec 26, 2017
Na today

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by JON01: 6:49pm On Dec 26, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
What are friends for cool

Guy the Heineken still remain Make I just dey here cool my throat dey read comments

1 Like

Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by Bossontop(m): 6:50pm On Dec 26, 2017
undecided
D lies dis government dey tell dese days dey fear me oo haba....no be yesterday dem talk say NNPC send fuel

8 Likes

Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by JON01: 6:52pm On Dec 26, 2017
JON01:

Guy the Heineken still remain plus 1pack of ci** Make I just dey here cool my soul dey read comments
Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by nickxtra(m): 6:53pm On Dec 26, 2017
A case of Who b thief? I nor b thief
Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by lexy2014: 6:53pm On Dec 26, 2017
afbstrategies:
No one knows who is lying or who is telling the truth. What a wonderful Country cheesy
so uptill now u dont no what APC is all about?pls follow d link.
https://googleweblight.com/i?u=https://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2017/12/fuel-scarcity-13-vessels-with-650m-litres-of-petrol-begin-discharge-52m-litres-daily-supplies-sustained/&grqid=1Yji4Iyd&hl=en-NG

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ajimobi Orders Arrest, Prosecution Of Any Herdsmen Found With A Gun / Buhari Does Not Know Everything About Nigeria’s Security – Femi Adesina / Ayodele Oke: Senate Probes $289m Cash Payment To Ex-NIA DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.