Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

2 Safety Measures You Must Follow During Fuel Scarcity - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 2 Safety Measures You Must Follow During Fuel Scarcity (9059 Views)

COVID-19: Danger Looms As Nigerians Jettison Safety Measures / Coronavirus, Lassa Fever: Immigration Tasks Men On Safety Measures / Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Safety Measures You Must Follow During Fuel Scarcity by FitnessDoctor: 4:29pm On Dec 26, 2017
Hello, guys, it's your favorite health blogger, Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor

In the eyes of most Nigerians, 2017 was marred by so many shortcomings and the yet unfulfilled promises of the present government. Worst of all is the fuel scarcity which hit during the festive season and is leaving many Nigerians frustrated not only with the government but also with their fellow Nigerians.

While most Nigerians are rushing to fill up their gallons, screaming, biting, bickering, fighting, dragging, pushing and pulling, station attendants and themselves in the long endless queues, they may be too busy and miss a few safety tips that could change their holiday celebrations completely.

Here are 2 safety measures you must follow during fuel scarcity

1. Buying Contaminated / Adulterated Fuel

Fuel scarcity is always a boom season for the black fuel market. The sellers get to inflate their prices as much as they want and blame it on fuel scarcity. I remember shouting "for what?" in surprise when I heard the new price for a liter is N350.

To these black market sellers, it is a season of joy and profit and that is why I want my readers to be careful, some sellers can decide to take it to a new level and mix the fuel you buy with something else (kerosene or diesel or water) to get more profit.

So, while you are rushing to fill your tank, make sure you are buying the fuel you requested for, and not adulterated fuel.

Ways To Know If Your Petrol Is Adulterated

Adulterated fuel can be easily identified with smells and colors, the addition of kerosene or diesel to petrol normally changes the color and smell of it and should be easy to detect.

Another indicator is vehicle/generator performance

Adulterated fuel doesn't burn like normal fuel and can damage your vehicle/generator, thereby reducing its performance. Another indicator would be the color of smoke that comes from the exhaust pipes and how fast the fuel burns.

You can also use a Whatman 2 Quality Filter Paper to test if the fuel is adulterated or not

“A customer has to put a drop of petrol, directly from the nozzle, on the filter paper. If the petrol is unadulterated, it will evaporate quickly without leaving any stain. If it is adulterated, it will evaporate slowly, leaving a stain on the filter paper,” a press statement said. The filter paper test is meant only for petrol.

Copyright: Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor (realfitbody.com)

2. Fuel Storage

Long queues with large numbers of gallons only mean one thing, most people are buying fuel for storage. While that seems like a good idea as things get worse with the fuel scarcity situation, you might want to be careful about how you store your fuel.

Fuel can go bad, just like your food and improper storage can make your fuel go bad really fast which makes it become useless and dangerous.

When storing fuel, it is important to note the location for storage, storage equipment and temperature of the location to prevent unwanted accidents.

So while you are rushing to your turn and the filling station or black market, be sure to keep to these safety measures for your own safety.

So there you have it. And Merry Christmas

Source: http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/12/2-safety-measures-you-must-follow.html

1 Like

Re: 2 Safety Measures You Must Follow During Fuel Scarcity by RoyalBlak007: 4:31pm On Dec 26, 2017
Good thread
smiley
Re: 2 Safety Measures You Must Follow During Fuel Scarcity by FitnessDoctor: 4:33pm On Dec 26, 2017
RoyalBlak007:

Good thread

smiley

Merry Christmas bro, or is it Happy Boxing Day

1 Like

Re: 2 Safety Measures You Must Follow During Fuel Scarcity by RoyalBlak007: 4:38pm On Dec 26, 2017
FitnessDoctor:

Merry Christmas bro, or is it Happy Boxing Day

I play basketball. While going for a layup and successfully completing it, I landed awkwardly and I think i twisted something. Now I feel a very sharp pain around my patella region.

What do you advise Doc?
Re: 2 Safety Measures You Must Follow During Fuel Scarcity by FitnessDoctor: 4:46pm On Dec 26, 2017
RoyalBlak007:

I play basketball. While going for a layup and successfully completing it, I landed awkwardly and I think i twisted something. Now I feel a very sharp pain around my patella region.

What do you advise Doc?

The main symptom of fracture is a pain. if you are feeling pain around that region then you might have a patella fracture.

I think you know what to do and by that, I mean get an x-ray and take it straight to your doctor
Re: 2 Safety Measures You Must Follow During Fuel Scarcity by RoyalBlak007: 4:47pm On Dec 26, 2017
FitnessDoctor:

The main symptom of fracture is a pain. if you are feeling pain around that region then you might have a patella fracture.

I think you know what to do and by that, I mean get an x-ray and take it straight to your doctor

I thought as much. I can't run or jump.I'll definitely do that ASAP

Thank you
Re: 2 Safety Measures You Must Follow During Fuel Scarcity by FitnessDoctor: 4:54pm On Dec 26, 2017
RoyalBlak007:

I thought as much. I can't run or jump.I'll definitely do that ASAP

Thank you

Basketball pitches are made of cement (the ones I have seen), if you landed hard on that cement floor, then you might to take this more seriously. I remember getting lots of scrapes when I first got in there, that game is somehow tougher than football

but I don't think its anything that will spoil your Christmas
Re: 2 Safety Measures You Must Follow During Fuel Scarcity by RoyalBlak007: 4:59pm On Dec 26, 2017
FitnessDoctor:

Basketball pitches are made of cement (the ones I have seen), if you landed hard on that cement floor, then you might to take this more seriously. I remember getting lots of scrapes when I first got in there, that game is somehow tougher than football

but I don't think its anything that will spoil your Christmas

Much tougher...You get lots of elbows and push.I can't even climb stairs without discomfort sad

. .Can't spoil my Xmas fun though cheesy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2 Safety Measures You Must Follow During Fuel Scarcity by FitnessDoctor: 5:03pm On Dec 26, 2017
RoyalBlak007:

Much tougher...You get lots of elbows and push.I can't even climb stairs without discomfort sad

. .Can't spoil my Xmas fun though cheesy.

Especially from the showoffs who bring their girlfirends

1 Like

Re: 2 Safety Measures You Must Follow During Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 26, 2017
Health blogger and petrol
Re: 2 Safety Measures You Must Follow During Fuel Scarcity by RoyalBlak007: 5:07pm On Dec 26, 2017
FitnessDoctor:

Especially from the showoffs who bring their girlfirends
gringringringrin
Re: 2 Safety Measures You Must Follow During Fuel Scarcity by ChewingStick(m): 9:25pm On Dec 26, 2017
very informative cc: lalasticlala please push this to front page
Re: 2 Safety Measures You Must Follow During Fuel Scarcity by Oluwaseyi456(m): 10:34am On Dec 27, 2017
Ok
Re: 2 Safety Measures You Must Follow During Fuel Scarcity by tstx(m): 10:35am On Dec 27, 2017
Seen
Re: 2 Safety Measures You Must Follow During Fuel Scarcity by MhizzAJ(f): 10:38am On Dec 27, 2017
I see Uyiii viewing
What ya say cheesy
Re: 2 Safety Measures You Must Follow During Fuel Scarcity by money121(m): 10:38am On Dec 27, 2017
Ok
Re: 2 Safety Measures You Must Follow During Fuel Scarcity by Uyiii: 10:45am On Dec 27, 2017
MhizzAJ:
I see Uyiii viewing
What ya say cheesy
Lol, it's a commendable thread.
how're you dearsmiley

1 Like

Re: 2 Safety Measures You Must Follow During Fuel Scarcity by Krixland: 10:52am On Dec 27, 2017
The point is that is there any assurance that the pressure will go down so soon or quick
Re: 2 Safety Measures You Must Follow During Fuel Scarcity by MhizzAJ(f): 10:55am On Dec 27, 2017
Uyiii:

Lol, it's a commendable thread.
how're you dearsmiley
I'm fine
Good morning
Re: 2 Safety Measures You Must Follow During Fuel Scarcity by Uyiii: 10:58am On Dec 27, 2017

1 Like

Re: 2 Safety Measures You Must Follow During Fuel Scarcity by free2ryhme: 11:10am On Dec 27, 2017
FitnessDoctor:
Hello, guys, it's your favorite health blogger, Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor

In the eyes of most Nigerians, 2017 was marred by so many shortcomings and the yet unfulfilled promises of the present government. Worst of all is the fuel scarcity which hit during the festive season and is leaving many Nigerians frustrated not only with the government but also with their fellow Nigerians.

While most Nigerians are rushing to fill up their gallons, screaming, biting, bickering, fighting, dragging, pushing and pulling, station attendants and themselves in the long endless queues, they may be too busy and miss a few safety tips that could change their holiday celebrations completely.

Here are 2 safety measures you must follow during fuel scarcity

1. Buying Contaminated / Adulterated Fuel

Fuel scarcity is always a boom season for the black fuel market. The sellers get to inflate their prices as much as they want and blame it on fuel scarcity. I remember shouting "for what?" in surprise when I heard the new price for a liter is N350.

To these black market sellers, it is a season of joy and profit and that is why I want my readers to be careful, some sellers can decide to take it to a new level and mix the fuel you buy with something else (kerosene or diesel or water) to get more profit.

So, while you are rushing to fill your tank, make sure you are buying the fuel you requested for, and not adulterated fuel.

Ways To Know If Your Petrol Is Adulterated

Adulterated fuel can be easily identified with smells and colors, the addition of kerosene or diesel to petrol normally changes the color and smell of it and should be easy to detect.

Another indicator is vehicle/generator performance

Adulterated fuel doesn't burn like normal fuel and can damage your vehicle/generator, thereby reducing its performance. Another indicator would be the color of smoke that comes from the exhaust pipes and how fast the fuel burns.

You can also use a Whatman 2 Quality Filter Paper to test if the fuel is adulterated or not

“A customer has to put a drop of petrol, directly from the nozzle, on the filter paper. If the petrol is unadulterated, it will evaporate quickly without leaving any stain. If it is adulterated, it will evaporate slowly, leaving a stain on the filter paper,” a press statement said. The filter paper test is meant only for petrol.

Copyright: Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor (realfitbody.com)

2. Fuel Storage

Long queues with large numbers of gallons only mean one thing, most people are buying fuel for storage. While that seems like a good idea as things get worse with the fuel scarcity situation, you might want to be careful about how you store your fuel.

Fuel can go bad, just like your food and improper storage can make your fuel go bad really fast which makes it become useless and dangerous.

When storing fuel, it is important to note the location for storage, storage equipment and temperature of the location to prevent unwanted accidents.

So while you are rushing to your turn and the filling station or black market, be sure to keep to these safety measures for your own safety.

So there you have it. And Merry Christmas

Source: http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/12/2-safety-measures-you-must-follow.html

fuel don dey
Re: 2 Safety Measures You Must Follow During Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 27, 2017
Uyiii:

I wish you'll make my morning better by replying my pm.
morningsmiley

My brother go and make money and bone these girls.
Re: 2 Safety Measures You Must Follow During Fuel Scarcity by Uyiii: 11:18am On Dec 27, 2017
michael142:

My brother go and make money and bone these girls.
making money already brosmiley
unless you want me to make you along with the moneyundecided

MhizzAJ see wetin you don cause sheii, are you happy now

1 Like

Re: 2 Safety Measures You Must Follow During Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 27, 2017
smiley
Re: 2 Safety Measures You Must Follow During Fuel Scarcity by Emeka71(m): 2:47pm On Dec 27, 2017
free2ryhme:

fuel don dey
Merry Christmas Nigeria; how is the fuel issue in your hood.
Re: 2 Safety Measures You Must Follow During Fuel Scarcity by free2ryhme: 2:48pm On Dec 27, 2017
Emeka71:
Merry Christmas Nigeria; how is the fuel issue in your hood.

There is fuel everywhere
Re: 2 Safety Measures You Must Follow During Fuel Scarcity by MhizzAJ(f): 4:58pm On Dec 27, 2017
Uyiii:

making money already brosmiley
unless you want me to make you along with the moneyundecided

MhizzAJ see wetin you don cause sheii, are you happy now
Don't mind him
What does he know
People that won't mind their business

1 Like

Re: 2 Safety Measures You Must Follow During Fuel Scarcity by Uyiii: 7:13pm On Dec 27, 2017
MhizzAJ:

Don't mind him
What does he know
People that won't mind their business
it seems your mail is dormant.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Roommate Smokes: How Can It Affect Me? / .. / NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.