Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Advice Needed Please - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Advice Needed Please (740 Views)

Advice Needed:i Need A Dog For Security Purposes / Full Breed GSD Needed!!! Please Get In Here / Parlor Cute Pup Needed Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed Please by Dboy55(m): 5:19pm On Dec 26, 2017
Dear dog owners on nairaland ,I just got a new GSD puppy today .apart from the usual food of golden morn,pap and milk .What other food should i give them ?
Re: Advice Needed Please by Eveezy(m): 6:08pm On Dec 26, 2017
There re range of food to choose from depending on the age, if 5-6wks, cerelac is also an option, from 7wks even 6wks, bingo, Arion, diamond, royal Canine dry food, other food dt can be given includes noodles, rice, fish, chicken, beef, ND oda home made food.
I recently picked a pup at 5wks, I fed her on cerelac, ND since den refused to eat bingo or Arion, I bought both bags for her bt she didn't eat, had to buy her chicken, just bought small 3kg, ND she has been on purely chicken diet since, and has been growing really well
Re: Advice Needed Please by Dboy55(m): 7:41pm On Dec 26, 2017
Eveezy:
There re range of food to choose from depending on the age, if 5-6wks, cerelac is also an option, from 7wks even 6wks, bingo, Arion, diamond, royal Canine dry food, other food dt can be given includes noodles, rice, fish, chicken, beef, ND oda home made food.
I recently picked a pup at 5wks, I fed her on cerelac, ND since den refused to eat bingo or Arion, I bought both bags for her bt she didn't eat, had to buy her chicken, just bought small 3kg, ND she has been on purely chicken diet since, and has been growing really well
Boss how much is the 4kg of bingo,Arion and the 3kg of chicken?
Re: Advice Needed Please by Eveezy(m): 9:08pm On Dec 26, 2017
Dboy55:

Boss how much is the 4kg of bingo,Arion and the 3kg of chicken?
Bingo puppy dry food is in 5kg ND 10kg, I got at Ikotun Lagos d 5kg bag for 4k, ND 10kg is 8k.

Arion am nt so sure of d price bt it's in 15kg bag, should b from 20k nw, once upon a time I used to buy for 9500.

The 3kg chicken, per kilo is abt a thousand plus for d ones both humans can eat, u can either get dt or u get chicken parts, 3kg chicken parts will be 1500, could vary depending on d supplier
Re: Advice Needed Please by Dboy55(m): 6:17am On Dec 27, 2017
Eveezy:

Bingo puppy dry food is in 5kg ND 10kg, I got at Ikotun Lagos d 5kg bag for 4k, ND 10kg is 8k.

Arion am nt so sure of d price bt it's in 15kg bag, should b from 20k nw, once upon a time I used to buy for 9500.

The 3kg chicken, per kilo is abt a thousand plus for d ones both humans can eat, u can either get dt or u get chicken parts, 3kg chicken parts will be 1500, could vary depending on d supplier
These chickens parts,aM I going to cook it for him or I should just give him raw like that ?
Re: Advice Needed Please by Eveezy(m): 8:47am On Dec 27, 2017
Dboy55:

These chickens parts,aM I going to cook it for him or I should just give him raw like that ?
It's your choice, some people are against raw diet, but I support it, my current pup of 7 wks nw is strictly on raw chicken diet. You could also get multivitamins incase ur dog isn't eating
Re: Advice Needed Please by Marvelousdon: 12:38pm On Dec 27, 2017
I greet the home, please I need a little advise on this, I am a new pet owner I owned two purebred GSD at the age of 8 weeks and now they are both 3 months , and I have been feeding them golden morn, milk , raw eggs with the shell and rice, ever since I got them, and something tells me I am not doing it right please you guys should help to check if this two puppies are growing normally the way it supposed to be, thanks I am waiting for response

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed Please by Eveezy(m): 5:39pm On Dec 27, 2017
Marvelousdon:
I greet the home, please I need a little advise on this, I am a new pet owner I owned two purebred GSD at the age of 8 weeks and now they are both 3 months , and I have been feeding them golden morn, milk , raw eggs with the shell and rice, ever since I got them, and something tells me I am not doing it right please you guys should help to check if this two puppies are growing normally the way it supposed to be, thanks I am waiting for response
At 3 months, they re growing well. Sometimes it's not just abt imported or homemade food, it's about how u feed it. One might feed a pup imported dry food once a day in very small quantity in d name of managing d bag ND another might feed home made food, 3 times a day, the one fed with home made food might end up looking better. Whatever u are doing, just mk sure u do it right
Re: Advice Needed Please by Dboy55(m): 8:04am On Dec 28, 2017
Eveezy:

At 3 months, they re growing well. Sometimes it's not just abt imported or homemade food, it's about how u feed it. One might feed a pup imported dry food once a day in very small quantity in d name of managing d bag ND another might feed home made food, 3 times a day, the one fed with home made food might end up looking better. Whatever u are doing, just mk sure u do it right
bro I have my GSD some rice ,yesterday .he didn't eat .Is there any multivitamins I can been giving him ,and their names please .
Also aM thinking of giving him fish ,I don't no if I should be cooking it for him or I should serve him raw ?
Re: Advice Needed Please by Eveezy(m): 8:07am On Dec 28, 2017
Dboy55:
bro I have my GSD some rice ,yesterday .he didn't eat .Is there any multivitamins I can been giving him ,and their names please .
Also aM thinking of giving him fish ,I don't no if I should be cooking it for him or I should serve him raw ?
Get vet zyme multivitamin, it's quite affordable, ND giving him d fish, try remove d bones if it's those bony fish. Feeding raw or cooked is ur choice

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Please by Marvelousdon: 9:26pm On Jan 09, 2018
I decided to switch to feed my god puppy diamond I was feeding them golden morn and milk before with raw eggs so I was advised to change, so I changed to diamond could you believe that ever since I changed to feed them diamond that they have not eat anything, they don't even eat the golden morn they use to love, they will eat little and leave the rest, I have feed them different foods since that day and they refused it, so I am regretting that I shouldn't have changed their food, it has been 5days since they don't eat much as before, and their stature is getting weak and hold, please what can I do ,any helper around?
Re: Advice Needed Please by ksquare44(m): 9:32pm On Jan 09, 2018
How did you switch d food was it a gradual process or suddern?
Re: Advice Needed Please by Eveezy(m): 6:52am On Jan 10, 2018
Marvelousdon:
I decided to switch to feed my god puppy diamond I was feeding them golden morn and milk before with raw eggs so I was advised to change, so I changed to diamond could you believe that ever since I changed to feed them diamond that they have not eat anything, they don't even eat the golden morn they use to love, they will eat little and leave the rest, I have feed them different foods since that day and they refused it, so I am regretting that I shouldn't have changed their food, it has been 5days since they don't eat much as before, and their stature is getting weak and hold, please what can I do ,any helper around?
If ur Pups are young, u may need to soak in water to make it easier for dem, it could also be dt d small dey eat is enuf, since I don't know the quantity u feed, sometimes, small quantity, 4 times a day would mk ur pup grow well

(1) (Reply)

Baby Killer 2.. / Rottweiler Pups At Give Away Price / Quality Semi Slant GSD At Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.