Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

My Acer Aspire 4720z Will Not Turn On! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Acer Aspire 4720z Will Not Turn On! (6315 Views)

My Acer Aspire E11 Shows Black Screen After Booting. How To Fix It? / Repairing A Laptop Power That Does Not Turn On / Help! My Acer Laptop Dvd Drive Works No More. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Acer Aspire 4720z Will Not Turn On! by joecooper(m): 7:04pm On Apr 05, 2010
2 weeks ago i ws wrk on ma aspire n suddenly blnkd out. I'v tried the reset stuff bt got no response. I'm damn cnfused dnt knw wat 2 do nw. Plz anybdy got help
Re: My Acer Aspire 4720z Will Not Turn On! by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 05, 2010
We need more info like whether you've removed the batteries and tried only AC power supply or even checked the battery charger.
Re: My Acer Aspire 4720z Will Not Turn On! by kilankoa: 12:08pm On Apr 20, 2010
I just experience the same problem with my ASPIRE 4720Z too, I removed the battery, turned it off and on, tried all, but it wouldn't work; anyone with a solution to this problem? I even tried to connect to a monitor, it showed 'unable to connect'
Re: My Acer Aspire 4720z Will Not Turn On! by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 20, 2010
three things you should check

1. Your power adapter (test with a known working power adapter)

2. Power jack soldered to your laptop (there can be excessive stress on this part and the fixings are mechanically weak), a good home test for this is to gently move the power plug from side to side and up and down to see if a power connection can be established.

3. Laptop motherboard may be faulty

If u can't do these yourself please contact a good PC technician to help you out.
Re: My Acer Aspire 4720z Will Not Turn On! by mavtrevor(m): 8:56pm On Apr 20, 2010
Re: My Acer Aspire 4720z Will Not Turn On! by kilankoa: 11:07am On Apr 21, 2010
Thanks for the comments. Pls How do I get over my problem let me explain what is happening to my system.
Firstly, I was just working while the screen started showing lines on the scree and that is the end of the screen. I connected the system to an external monitor to know if the problem is with the screen. It was showing on the system when it was booting and the after showing Loading Microsoft Vista, it came with a message that it cannot connect. that is all. The monitor of the laptop is not showing at all, it shows briefly on an external monitor and go off.

I have removed the battery and reinserted-no impact.

How can I resolve this please.
Re: My Acer Aspire 4720z Will Not Turn On! by kilankoa: 2:55pm On Apr 21, 2010
Thanks for the comments. Pls How do I get over my problem let me explain what is happening to my system.
Firstly, I was working when the screen started showing lines and that is the end of the screen. I connected the system to an external monitor to know if the problem was with the screen. It showed on the system when it was booting and at a point when it showed loading Microsoft Vista, it came with a message that it cannot connect. that is all. The monitor of the laptop is not showing lines; when connected to an external monitor, it shows briefly and go off. Anytime I turn it one, it seems to load, but the screen will only show lines.

I have removed the battery and reinserted-no impact.

How can I resolve this please.
Re: My Acer Aspire 4720z Will Not Turn On! by mavtrevor(m): 7:51pm On Apr 22, 2010
why dont you check out the link i posted to you, your laptop's problem is that yur bois is corrupt you need to flash it, and i have already posted the solution to you and you are still here asking questions. do you know what it took me to get you that link? my friend go and solve your system's wahala, ***winks***
Re: My Acer Aspire 4720z Will Not Turn On! by kilankoa: 2:37pm On Apr 23, 2010
mavtrevor, you did a good job posting a link that you thought could solve the problem of my system, unfortunately, it has not worked for me. Meanwhile, i think its grossly unfair to talk in the manner you did above just because i was trying to explain the problem with my system. I think this forum is for people to share their grief so they can be helped and that was what I did. If i didn't get the solution on this forum, you can be sure I will get it on another forum. In the interest of togetherness which led to the creation of fora like this, please lets try and be polite every one no matter how stupid or boring they seem to be. Have a great weekend.
Re: My Acer Aspire 4720z Will Not Turn On! by joecooper(m): 3:55pm On Apr 28, 2010
tnkx u all wink, i ll go forthe motherboard replacement

(1) (Reply)

My Regrets For Buying A London Used Laptop / Mint Hp Zbook Workstation Corei7 6th Gen/ 16 GB Ram / 512 SSD/ SOLD SOLD SOLD / UK Used hp probook 640 core i5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.