Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

42 Killed Again Need New Okititupa,akure,ado Ekiti,kabba Lokoja Expressway On: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 42 Killed Again Need New Okititupa,akure,ado Ekiti,kabba Lokoja Expressway On: (1532 Views)

Fayose Helps Man With Eye-Cataract At Akure-Ado (Photos) / 42 Killed As Boko Haram Loots Homes, Shops, Set Houses Ablaze / 42 Killed Again Need New Okititupa,akure,ado Ekiti,kabba Lokoja Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

42 Killed Again Need New Okititupa,akure,ado Ekiti,kabba Lokoja Expressway On: by Musiwa: 3:28am On Apr 06, 2010
Over due federal project

This road was built before I was born and need expressway. You need to see the state of the road.
You can see the number of towns along the route. Many other I did not name. 

Okitipupa
Ilutitun
Iwada
Igbotako
Igboluoye
Ore Alaba
Ore
Odigbo
Ashewele
Igurowo
Igunshin
Ibagba
Ile Oluji
Olugundu
Owena
Akure
Ipinsa
Ijare
Ikerre
Ado Ekiti
Ijan ekiti
Ilu Omoba
Agbado
Ogbagi
Akungba
Igbe
Erushu
Ibarram
Ikeram
Ora Ojora
Efifa
Ayere
Kabba
Otu
Egbeda
Kakun (Okene )
Agwa
Choko Choko
Obajana
Akpata
Zongon Daji
Lokoja

• The ill-fated bus
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section

At Ore, a bustling community in Odigbo Local Government Area of Ondo State, this is a season of tears. And that is understandable.
On Wednesday last week, no fewer than 42 persons, many of them little kids, were killed in a road accident along the Ondo-Ore Road. Most of the dead were pupils of Arisent Nursery and Primary School, Olupitan New Site, Ore.

Since the incident, the community has been enveloped by sorrow. Sadness is boldly written on every face while the entire atmosphere is covered by a dark pall of gloom.
When Daily Sun visited the scene of the incident at the weekend, parents and relatives of the dead pupils were inconsolable.

It was gathered that 10 of the pupils of the school died instantly when the crash occurred. The rest were said to have died at the General Hospital, Ore.
Many of the grief-stricken parents said some of the pupils could have survived if the hospital had been provided with better equipment and well-trained medical personnel.

Mrs. Ajoke Oloyede, who lost one of her daughters in the crash, was weeping profusely as she spoke with Daily Sun. According to her, many of the pupils’ lives would have been saved but for the absence of adequate medical equipment and staff at the General Hospital, Ore.
The woman’s daughter, Fatimah, was one of those rescued from the scene of the auto crash. Her distraught mother regretted that she watched sadly as her daughter languished in extreme pains before eventually dying at the General Hospital, saying the victims were not given good medical attention.
Mrs. Oloyede said the poor medical attention given to the survivors of the road mishap increased the death toll from 10 to 42 as many pupils succumbed to death when their parents took them from the General Hospital to some other private clinics in the area.

She said the condition of the victims had considerably worsened before they were moved to the various private hospitals in the town for better medical treatment.
According to her, no fewer than thirty pupils of the school died because of lack of medical equipment at the General Hospital.
She said: “The General Hospital at Ore is a glorified health centre with no basic equipment. For over three hours, I watched my daughter in pains, dying slowly.
“It is not funny that only one doctor called Kazeem was on hand to attend to the accident victims. So tell me, what could one single medical doctor have done in the midst of thirty victims languishing in pains?”

She also asserted that the few medical personnel on duty showed little concern for the lives of the hapless victims who were in critical condition.
“The attitude of the workers at the General Hospital was not too good,” she said. “They were too cold to us despite complaints made by some of us. They were just looking on as if nothing had happened.”
Mrs. Oloyede also blamed the pathetic condition of the road for the accident, saying her daughter as well as dozens of other kids who perished in the accident might still be alive today if the federal government had dualised the Ondo-Ore Road.
“The Federal government has failed in its duty to give us good roads,” she stated. “This particularly road is too narrow and needs to be dualised. But the federal government has not reasoned along that line.”

However, Daily Sun learnt that too many pupils were forced into the 18-seater bus hired by the school management to convey the pupils to Idanre hills on an excursion.
An eye witness said the pupils were “packed like sardines” into the bus.
Meanwhile, the remains of the proprietor of the school, Mr. Tairu Ariyo who also died in the accident, were buried at his home town, Iree, Osun State at the weekend.
Ariyo, who also lost one of his sons to the accident, was buried according to Islamic injunctions.
It was also gathered that most of the parents whose kids died in the crash are from Osun and Oyo States.

Re: 42 Killed Again Need New Okititupa,akure,ado Ekiti,kabba Lokoja Expressway On: by slap1(m): 5:43am On Apr 06, 2010
The poster's English made me know it can only be becomericch.
Re: 42 Killed Again Need New Okititupa,akure,ado Ekiti,kabba Lokoja Expressway On: by bgees(m): 7:06am On Apr 06, 2010
slap1:

The poster's English made me know it can only be becomericch.

By thier English and maps, we shall know them.
Re: 42 Killed Again Need New Okititupa,akure,ado Ekiti,kabba Lokoja Expressway On: by RichDad1(m): 7:14am On Apr 06, 2010
bgees:

By thier English and maps, we shall know them.
cheesy
Re: 42 Killed Again Need New Okititupa,akure,ado Ekiti,kabba Lokoja Expressway On: by DeepSoul(f): 10:24am On Apr 06, 2010
Sad story cry
Re: 42 Killed Again Need New Okititupa,akure,ado Ekiti,kabba Lokoja Expressway On: by Musiwa: 10:31am On Apr 06, 2010
You, what nairaland normally do is to edit the post , so that you can come back and correct it. This is the way, he trys to bring you back to his website and generate traffic .
Re: 42 Killed Again Need New Okititupa,akure,ado Ekiti,kabba Lokoja Expressway On: by Musiwa: 10:53am On Apr 06, 2010
To make his member size look more. He ban you from the site for you to up another account. and increase his member list. Smart little boy.
Re: 42 Killed Again Need New Okititupa,akure,ado Ekiti,kabba Lokoja Expressway On: by Becomrichn: 3:46am On Jan 17, 2011
hmmm
Re: 42 Killed Again Need New Okititupa,akure,ado Ekiti,kabba Lokoja Expressway On: by Nobody: 5:28am On Jan 17, 2011
Ijan ekiti

Ilupeju-Ijan Ekiti   cheesy
Unless they've shorten the name  undecided
Re: 42 Killed Again Need New Okititupa,akure,ado Ekiti,kabba Lokoja Expressway On: by fstranger1: 6:01am On Jan 17, 2011
Ileke-leke-leke-leke-leke-leke-leke-leke-leke-leke-leke-Idi Nla

Sup gf?
Re: 42 Killed Again Need New Okititupa,akure,ado Ekiti,kabba Lokoja Expressway On: by Nobody: 6:58am On Jan 17, 2011
lol seems like someborry is Appie to see me.

aww. So when did you pay my gf price? cheesy
Re: 42 Killed Again Need New Okititupa,akure,ado Ekiti,kabba Lokoja Expressway On: by fstranger1: 7:01am On Jan 17, 2011
You are a girl and a friend, did I need to pay for your friendship again?
Re: 42 Killed Again Need New Okititupa,akure,ado Ekiti,kabba Lokoja Expressway On: by Nobody: 7:01am On Jan 17, 2011
fstranger1:

You are a girl and a friend, did I need to pay for your friendship again?

Yes anu. How do you think I became rich? tongue
Re: 42 Killed Again Need New Okititupa,akure,ado Ekiti,kabba Lokoja Expressway On: by fstranger1: 7:04am On Jan 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Yes anu. How do you think I became rich? tongue

Well, Well Well, That is why I like Madam Kobo and Tpia, they never asked me for money.

Their friendship is , I will say, free!

I am hanging with Madam Kobo next weekend, wanna join? You can bring your cyber crush, Dayokanu, along.
Re: 42 Killed Again Need New Okititupa,akure,ado Ekiti,kabba Lokoja Expressway On: by Nobody: 7:07am On Jan 17, 2011
fstranger1:

You can bring your cyber crush, Dayokanu, along.
That makes you amongst many others with the same thought-plane. grin

Make dayo an him wife no hia you oh, na my brother be that wink

The only cyber crush I got is you nau. . . . you no say you dey my mind all this weekend? Why did you think I came online? shocked
Re: 42 Killed Again Need New Okititupa,akure,ado Ekiti,kabba Lokoja Expressway On: by kidonig: 7:12am On Jan 17, 2011
Becomericch,

How you dey now? ( Abi you think say we no know say na you?)

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Chieftain Kidnapped, Murdered In Rivers State / Unilag 'beggar' Student Graduates, Begs For Job / Saudi Arabian Sharia Bank Pay's And Recieves Interest! Sanusi's Has A Hidden Agenda!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.