Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,516 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara (16212 Views)

How Femi Gbajiamila Rigged The Election To Become Speaker - G70 (video) / Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman / Speaker Dogara, Six Political Parties, Others Move To Stop Governor Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by zakim(m): 5:58am On Dec 28, 2017
The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, has explained how Senate President Bukola Saraki helped him to become speaker in June, 2015.

Both Saraki and Dogara emerged as leaders of the National Assembly against the wish of their party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) in keenly contested elections. They defeated Sen. Ahmad Lawan and Rep. Femi Gbajabiamila respectively, who were the party’s choice.

Recounting how he emerged speaker, Dogara said, during a book launch to mark his 50th birthday in Abuja on Tuesday, that Saraki was key to his victory as the Senate President and donated both ideas and money to him.

“The story of my emergence as speaker is a story of national consensus. It’s a meeting of people across board. My brothers and sisters sat in the National Assembly and said ‘look, we’ll make you speaker’.

“Members made me speaker against all odds. I’m sorry I have to remind us of this. Virtually everything was done against the project. From the party to even resources at our disposal.

“I know I’ve not said this before, but the Senate president played a key role. Whenever we ran into trouble during the campaigns, we would go to him. He contributed a lot of ideas and even money, although I’m not going to mention how much.

“My victory reassured my faith in project Nigeria. That made me to say everything is possible in this country,” Dogara said.

Speaking on how to move the country forward, Dogara said Nigeria must invest heavily on education to have the right kind of leaders that would take the country to the desired destination.

“If we want to have the right kind of leaders, we must invest in education. In other countries, they have Ivy League universities that train their leaders. In Africa and Nigeria, we must also do that,” he said.

The speaker said he has chosen to celebrate his 50th birthday for the first time in his life in order to review his journey in life and make an impact in the lives of others, especially people like internally displaced persons (IDPs) and the less-privileged.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/saraki-helped-me-to-become-speaker-dogara.html

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by Nobody: 6:07am On Dec 28, 2017
Buhari will NOT like this....

18 Likes

Re: Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by simplyhonest(m): 6:17am On Dec 28, 2017
it's nice to give honour to who it is due... love him or hate him, but Saraki is an astute politician that have mastered the art of navigating the murky political waters of this country... as we all step into the new year, our helpers will locate and assist us...

23 Likes

Re: Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by Annie939(f): 6:35am On Dec 28, 2017
everyone help you ,get ready to help yourself in 2019

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by uwa1(m): 6:39am On Dec 28, 2017
Hmmm.... Saraki the tortoise...

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by frankyychiji(f): 6:45am On Dec 28, 2017
badebillions:
Make him go siddon for cow poo! grin

8 Likes

Re: Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by aolawale025: 6:53am On Dec 28, 2017
Saraki is a master strategist in politics. If he had a populist vision he would have been very great

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by ManirBK: 6:55am On Dec 28, 2017
badebillions:

8 Likes

Re: Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by reuben79: 7:03am On Dec 28, 2017
Annie939:
everyone help you ,get ready to help yourself in 2019
naaaaa sooooo

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by SouthEastFacts: 7:04am On Dec 28, 2017
We know Tinubu cannot project himself outside SW. We know they lack that national appeal and sophistication. 2015 was their first ever successful political cooperation with the North and 1st Republic when Sokoto cooperated with Akintola to disgrace Awo.

Tinubu's effort to project his power in Middle Belt, Kogi was roundly defeated.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 28, 2017
angry

∆ I cannot use this as a prayer point like the poster below... Because these people are thieves and looters ∆

1 Like

Re: Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by Zendinho(m): 7:19am On Dec 28, 2017
Lord Jesus bring forth my destiny helpers closer...
Let my name keep ringing in their mind and heart until they do something positively in my direction in Jesus name amen.

14 Likes

Re: Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by verygudbadguy(m): 7:53am On Dec 28, 2017
SouthEastFacts:
We know Tinubu cannot project himself outside SW. We know they lack that national appeal and sophistication. 2015 was their first ever successful political cooperation with the North and 1st Republic when Sokoto cooperated with Akintola to disgrace Awo.

sad
Tinubu wasn't mentioned in the post. This is strictly a discussion about Saraki and Dogara.

Dump your hatred for the SW people and let love lead you.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by fellowman: 7:58am On Dec 28, 2017
Last time I checked,it was the Sultan of Sokoto that made you a speaker

http://dailypost.ng/2015/06/22/how-sultan-of-sokoto-made-me-speaker-dogara/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by jericco1(m): 8:19am On Dec 28, 2017
now he considers education a top priority but has never questioned the amount allocated to the education sector each year.
shame.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by alphaconde(m): 8:45am On Dec 28, 2017
who helped saraki become speaker

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by deebsman1(m): 8:45am On Dec 28, 2017
We know now before before
Re: Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by Hardeybohwarley(m): 8:45am On Dec 28, 2017
badebillions:
Common sense why art thou a heartless deserter
Re: Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by CHANNELStv2020: 8:45am On Dec 28, 2017
FVCK THE DOGARA N FVCK THE SARAKI THE ZOO IS A MESS A SHAME TO HUMANITY
Re: Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by kolafolabi(m): 8:45am On Dec 28, 2017
Bukola Saraki knows how to play Nigeria politics.. He was born and brought up in politics. I would not be surprised if he eventually wins a presidential ticket because that's what he is eyeing.

8 Likes

Re: Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by brainpulse: 8:46am On Dec 28, 2017
shocked
Re: Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by xreal: 8:47am On Dec 28, 2017
"He contributed a lot of ideas and even money"

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by davibid: 8:47am On Dec 28, 2017
I'm not surprised
Re: Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by LordKO(m): 8:47am On Dec 28, 2017
Saraki is about the most sagacious politician in Nigeria at present, he plays politics of inclusiveness devoid of domineeringness. Although, he may not be the most selfless of politicians out there but so far - at least at the national level - he plays on principle rather than expediency.

Truly, manipulators lose credibility, diplomats gain it. Meanwhile, HBD to the able speaker of the HOR.

7 Likes

Re: Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by Jaynom(m): 8:48am On Dec 28, 2017
Naija politics. It's not even about PROSPECTS. It's not about having the most capable brains, it's not about the most competent but about "who knows who". & They are not even ashamed to say it. How do we expect you to Work for "The people" since the people didn't put most of you there?

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by Edu3Again: 8:48am On Dec 28, 2017
Dograt or Dogara or Dogcat, whichever.

I will never forget that you helped push sharia law, despite the fact u are supposed to be Christian.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/204161-speaker-dogara-helped-quietly-push-sharia-bill-second-reading.html
Re: Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:49am On Dec 28, 2017
I have a very strong feeling this Dogara and Saraki will port in 2018. Is all about Atikus plan.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 8:49am On Dec 28, 2017
you are both leaving that post 2019
Re: Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by Wallade(m): 8:49am On Dec 28, 2017
SouthEastFacts:

Don't hate southwest; emulate the region, idiot!

6 Likes

Re: Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 28, 2017
Birds of a feather
Re: Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 28, 2017
Zendinho:
Lord Jesus bring forth my destiny helpers closer...
Let my name keep ringing in their mind and heart until they do something positively in my direction in Jesus name amen.
Amen.. I always said that prayer every morning

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imo PDP Breaks, As N-PDP Emerges / FG Calls For De-Escalation Of Hostilities Between Israel And Palestine / Nigerian's Ten Most Wanted List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.