Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,492 members, 7,781,481 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:15 PM

The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe (46008 Views)

Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? / How Nigerian Migrants That Crossed Over To Canada From US Got Stranded / How I Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe –nigerian Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by Lilimax(f): 1:42pm On Dec 28, 2017
Una welcome!
Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by Einl(m): 1:42pm On Dec 28, 2017
I find it hard to pity them.
Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by Bishopking: 1:46pm On Dec 28, 2017
Initially, I thought that this resettling of stranded Nigerians in Libya was sponsored by the Nigerian Government tongue. Boy was I wrong!! grin
Clearly, the EU (European Union) is sponsoring this. SMH. undecided
It is commendable. But One would hope that Nigerian factor does not kick in. I hope that officials will not be bringing their family members from the village to claim the little pocket money that is meant for genuine Libyan slaves.

1 Like

Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 28, 2017
ogbeniolola:
so why are they returning to nigeria if nothing is working?
They are returning under duress
Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by Jabioro: 1:50pm On Dec 28, 2017
As a computer graduate,he might have graduated with empty CPU box..as at June this year there was enough clamouring from in and out to rescue the Black immigrants in Libya.Therefore what is talking about...?

1 Like

Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by justuschi50: 1:50pm On Dec 28, 2017
Samtob90:

May God make you to embark on such journey
hey he is saying d truth maybe ur condition is OK DAT y u are talking nonsense. asshole

1 Like

Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by erico2k2(m): 1:52pm On Dec 28, 2017
Uyiii:

you've not 'wondered' enough, you'll have to 'wonder harder'.
I won't advice anyone to embark on a life threatening journey as this, but the reality is people are really suffering more than you can 'wonder' and they can only find solace in hitting the road.
9ja's really a mess both for the qualified and unqualified, this kinda movements will linger on for a very long time.
Factual prophesy.
Some kind of suffer in 9ja is worse that the Libyan route .
What most 1stimers do t know is that there are clean motorable route to get to Libya via Niger . But the transporters won't tell you u.less you seek your own way

1 Like

Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by Wisebisho: 1:52pm On Dec 28, 2017
mikky4764:
But i wonder why some pple are still embarking on this journey?
Travel and see... No risk no fun.

1 Like

Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by able20(m): 1:53pm On Dec 28, 2017
fados4sure:

Because nothing is working in Nigeria
So something is working for you guys in the desert abi.

1 Like

Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by mfm04622: 1:53pm On Dec 28, 2017
Uyiii:

you've not 'wondered' enough, you'll have to 'wonder harder'.
I won't advice anyone to embark on a life threatening journey as this, but the reality is people are really suffering more than you can 'wonder' and they can only find solace in hitting the road.
9ja's really a mess both for the qualified and unqualified, this kinda movements will linger on for a very long time.
Factual prophesy.

The Bible said "My people perish for lack of vision"!
That is what is happening! How can you have 500k, instead of using it for any business of your choice in Nigeria, use it to gamble with your life? That is the classical definition of lack of vision!

2 Likes

Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by joenor(m): 1:55pm On Dec 28, 2017
I do agree with you but to an extent, but over here in Niaja, if we start up something, it better than not know what is going to happen to you in the desert.
fados4sure:

Because nothing is working in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by Uyiii: 1:56pm On Dec 28, 2017
mfm04622:

That is what is happening! How can you have 500k, instead of using it for any business of your choice in Nigeria, use it to gamble with your life? That is the classical definition of lack of vision!
what version of bible is this?? mine said knowledge or wisdom.
that aside, you think everyone is blessed with entrepreneurial skill, not everyone suceeds in businesses even if they're handed billions.
Like I said earlier, I won't advice anyone to embark on this journey, but their reasons for doing so is valid enough.

1 Like

Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 28, 2017
able20:
So something is working for you guys in the desert abi.
Check my profile sir

I'm schooling in UK sir

1 Like

Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by lobell1: 1:56pm On Dec 28, 2017
It's still coming!

Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by erico2k2(m): 1:56pm On Dec 28, 2017
mfm04622:

Bross that's misconceptions . They dnt spend up to N500k to go fru there . Unless they where duped by traffickers frm 9ja . The average these guys spend to Libya is like N200k and think they can earn enough to cross the sea once in Libya
Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by TheShopKeeper(m): 1:57pm On Dec 28, 2017
...so sad to see able-bodied guys risking their lives to get to Europe, where the suffering will be twice as much compared to Nigeria if the brutal weather conditions in Europe is taken into consideration...

1 Like

Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by mfm04622: 1:59pm On Dec 28, 2017
erico2k2:

Bross that's misconceptions . They dnt spend up to N500k to go fru there . Unless they where duped by traffickers frm 9ja . The average these guys spend to Libya is like N200k and think they can earn enough to cross the sea once in Libya

That 500k figure is from interview from many returnee. That is what they claimed they paid! Where are you getting your information from?

My argument still hold even if it is 200k!

1 Like

Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 28, 2017
smiley
Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by Alariiwo: 2:02pm On Dec 28, 2017
His education is a waste..

If a graduate can't weigh the risks involved in such journey before embarking on it, then he isn't fit to be called a graduate.

You know this route is illegal, yet you went ahead to take. the risk.

Do you expect me to feel sorry for him or what?

1 Like

Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 28, 2017
joenor:
I do agree with you but to an extent, but over here in Niaja, if we start up something, it better than not know what is going to happen to you in the desert.
You probably don't understand what I mean by nothing is working in Nigeria.

In Nigeria, you pay for light that you don't see where as in UK, I pay £40 without power failure

In Nigeria your hospital is as good as dead ask your president

In Uk, I pay over £30 per month for unlimited browsing where as in Nigeria, you are given MB at high amount

You take loan at d rate of #200 to $1 and in less than two years because of poor economic management you are asked to pay at #375 to $1 asked Etisalat

1 Like

Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by erico2k2(m): 2:05pm On Dec 28, 2017
fados4sure:

Check my profile sir

I'm schooling in UK sir
what school ?
Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 28, 2017
erico2k2:
what school ?
Anglia Ruskin University Chelmsford campus
Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by Josephamstrong1(m): 2:10pm On Dec 28, 2017
Would they hear?
Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by erico2k2(m): 2:10pm On Dec 28, 2017
Alariiwo:
His education is a waste..

If a graduate can't weigh the risks involved in such journey before embarking on it, then he isn't fit to be called a graduate.

You know this route is illegal, yet you went ahead to take. the risk.

Do you expect me to feel sorry for him or what?
I think you overstretched your point there . We all mesure risk according to our own assessment . Your risk factor might be lower than mine given different variables . Banky What a Degree in Electronic Engineering but serve into music . The only losers are those who failed . In life Man mst take risk that they feel comfortable to take

2 Likes

Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by erico2k2(m): 2:11pm On Dec 28, 2017
fados4sure:

Anglia Ruskin University Chelmsford campus
How long have u gt to round up ?
Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by CDCEO001: 2:11pm On Dec 28, 2017
mikky4764:
But i wonder why some pple are still embarking on this journey?
Is easy to know the answer, nothing is working in this country.
So people make up their minds and decide to go for it, either they survive or die on the way.
I am not encouraging people to follow the path, but i can understand why people go through it.
Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 28, 2017
erico2k2:
How long have u gt to round up ?
I'm on my Ph.D at d moment
Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by erico2k2(m): 2:14pm On Dec 28, 2017
mfm04622:

That 500k figure is from interview from many returnee. That is what they claimed they paid! Where are you getting your information from?

My argument still hold even if it is 200k!
People will say what they want you to hear to gain sympathy . I ha e 1st hand expirience with these guys . The Naira is bigger than the Cefas . Some journeys cost 50 cfa frm one town ti the other . Speak to a close person who return . U will get the real truth .
Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by gregyboy(m): 2:15pm On Dec 28, 2017
moscobabs:
I m still thinking when Nigerians eyes will open to realize that there is no greener pasture anywhere than this country, forget about what you are seeing or hearing about other countries on Net, once they travel to the so called greener pastures they will face their reality.

I have more than 10 friends and 5 family members in abroad, I can boldly say that I'm better than 9 of them .

I was born here

graduated here

working here

married here

build my personal house here while most of the so called abroad guys dont have because the system abroad cant give them opportunity to build a house

bought my cars here

And im living better with my small salary, i carry beautiful african queens if i need to, I club without fear of someone deporting me.

So tell me what else I need that God has not done for me here? There are beautiful places you can visit around the country if you have money.

i stop reading when you said fear of deport definitely the white will deport you back to nigeria to suffer but when nigerians want to deport is to afterlife i trust my SARS brothers and military men

becareful nigeria is a cage
Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by mrmajor5: 2:15pm On Dec 28, 2017
moscobabs:
I m still thinking when Nigerians eyes will open to realize that there is no greener pasture anywhere than this country, forget about what you are seeing or hearing about other countries on Net, once they travel to the so called greener pastures they will face their reality.

I have more than 10 friends and 5 family members in abroad, I can boldly say that I'm better than 9 of them .

I was born here

graduated here

working here

married here

build my personal house here while most of the so called abroad guys dont have because the system abroad cant give them opportunity to build a house

bought my cars here

And im living better with my small salary, i carry beautiful african queens if i need to, I club without fear of someone deporting me.

So tell me what else I need that God has not done for me here? There are beautiful places you can visit around the country if you have money.
because u hv the opportunity to graduate and get job dats why u are making this nonsense noise, if u are in dere shoe u will understand. Bad smelling mouth.

2 Likes

Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by erico2k2(m): 2:16pm On Dec 28, 2017
fados4sure:

I'm on my Ph.D at d moment
Bross Bross that was not the question now how long you get 2 roundup I ask ni . From all your post on NL you never spoke of school in the uk or did I chk the wrong profile n post ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Newly Constructed Kawu Bridge In Kaduna State / Photos: Ocean Of Travellers Today At Murtala Mohammed Int'l Airport / Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.