Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,595 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy (8666 Views)

Peter Obi Lied On Foreign Direct Investment-fdi / UK To Partner FG On Ogoni Clean-up - Uk Envoy / Ogun Attracts 75% FDI Into Nigeria – UK Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by EzeNri(m): 7:29am On Dec 29, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Lol. So you know better than the SE arm of Manufacturers association of Nigeria? Eziokwu! Every serious manufacturer is a member of MAN. #FAct. Unless you are referring to 'pure water' type businesses (to borrow from Ifeanyi Uba grin) that ain't worth diddly squat. Sorry but I reckon that the SE arm of MAN are more credible than you are. undecided

FYI, the SW already has power plants with a combined capacity of no less than 3500MW, while another 550MW is also coming on-stream in Ondo so all that talk about power generation ain't shyt. The license for the IPP in Ondo was granted back in 2016.

3500 MW what? It seems you people take us for fools.

Another stat for Afonja Bureau of Statistics.
BeautifulSE, come and see your brother.
Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by EzeNri(m): 7:31am On Dec 29, 2017
chuksanambra:

So, events centre na investment?
1.5 Million capacity event centre is not an investment? Una no go kill us.
Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by EzeNri(m): 7:39am On Dec 29, 2017
BeautifulSE:

The only data you handle is in the beer parlour. And the only certification you have is in lies. Post your sources here. I never asked you for your employment history

Suddenly, NBS stats are now authentic lol. I thought you said NBS is made in Nigeria state. Anyway, if you have stats from NBS, post them. Maybe we would take you seriously if you at least show us something from NBS

The link I posted was from Manufacturing association of Nigeria. Eyes of Lagos only reported it.

I don't have a response to the last sentence. I go just pray make jealousy no kill you grin grin grin cheesy
So you cannot pull out a single statistics from the internet and you want me to take you serious? Ordinary statistics from last year you can't pull it out.

I quoted NBS because its you people's favorite. I don't use it my analysis. I rather collect from World Bank than NBS.

When MAN start collecting data through surveys? Fear God nah.
Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by AshiwajuFoward: 7:40am On Dec 29, 2017
EzeNri:

60 billion wetin? Ogun that couldn't even generate up to 250 Million USD in IGR will now generate additional 60 billion USD.

If you divide that 60 billion USD into 3, Ogun GDP is not even up to 1 part. Where you wan get 60 billion USD?

Lagos don't generate up to 750 Million USD. Even your country can't.

No wonder Lai Mohammed is a Yoruba. We are opening Afonja Bureau of Statistics and you must be the DG.

Next time gather kids and lie to them.

I'll not respond to the other embarrassments above.

I just woke up hence my belated response. Dude, you are nothing but a jobless lout grasping at straws , and I am sure you could deduce that the $60 was a typographical error on my part (I mistakenly entered $ in place of N) but chose to latch on that coz you couldn't come up with any serious rebuttal against any of points and facts I put up there. And yes, the state is set to add an extra N60- billion to it's annual IGR revenues.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/12/04/ogun-loses-n5bn-revenue-monthly-gov-amosun/

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/251421-ogun-loses-n5-billion

You on the other hand are yet to provide concrete evidence to refute Ogun's status as the defacto FDI destination and industrial hub. All you have been doing on this thread is to throw tantrums devoid of verifiable facts in support of any of your positions. It's so pathetic that even your jibsmen are not bothering to join you in your foolishness.

8 Likes

Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by Gazzy88(m): 7:43am On Dec 29, 2017
EzeNri:

Since you can't read, I tire for illiterates like you. Good luck.
Igbo kwenu! Where two or three Igbo are gather,envy and hate is involved. Mr literate,use your literacy to develop your alaigbo and stop trolling our success here in SW. Nairaland is also part of our great achievement, without it nobody will even notice if igbos exist or not. I think it's time seun start taking premium on every non-yoruba threads. With that,your chest beating and victim card playing will reduce drastically. You will continue to be our e-slave as long as you still whine on this great forum. God bless Yoruba and God bless our e-slaves as well.
Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by AshiwajuFoward: 7:43am On Dec 29, 2017
BeautifulSE:
Who doesn't know the $60billion IGR AshiwajuFoward posted was a mistake. He meant N60 billion. Trying to deflect from his own lies. Lying Lion

Are you minding the boy? He latched on that clear typo coz he couldn't argue against any of the facts presented therein. He thinks we are like him. We no dey jamtalk without proof/facts/evidence.

6 Likes

Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by EzeNri(m): 7:45am On Dec 29, 2017
deomelllo:
[s][/s]

The power plant the joker was talking was a meaningless and worthless MOU rubbish obingo deceived the villagers with back in 2014 and that was the end of that story, it was buried and forgotten back in the same 2014.

grin grin

Are you sure you go school at all?
Aba IPP 1500 MW is 80% complete.
Century power 1500 MW will become operational 2020.

So what are you talking about?
Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by EzeNri(m): 7:48am On Dec 29, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Are you minding the fool? He latched on that clear typo coz he couldn't argue against any of the facts presented therein. He thinks we are like him. We no dey jamtalk without proof/facts/evidence.
You have been busted and It is 60 billion NGN not USD abi?

God pass all of una.
Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by AshiwajuFoward: 7:55am On Dec 29, 2017
EzeNri:

3500 MW what? It seems you people take us for fools.

Another stat for Afonja Bureau of Statistics.
BeautifulSE, come and see your brother.

Ode. You will keep exposing yourself to embarrassment in your weak attempts to appear relevant.

Here is a list of power plants in the SW and their installed MW Capacities:

Egbin Simple cycle gas turbine (Lagos) - 270MW
Egbin Gas-fired steam turbine (Lagos) - 1,320MW
Olorunsogo Simple cycle gas turbine (Ogun) - 336MW
Olorunsogo 2 Combined cycle gas turbine (Ogun) - 675MW
Omotosho 1 Simple cycle gas turbine (Ondo) - 336MW
Omotosho 2 Simple cycle gas turbine (Ondo) - 450MW

Calculate that and you have 3,387MW. Add the 550MW and 2000MW about to come on-stream in Ondo and Oyo respectively and you have approximaly 6000MW. You see say I no be like you? I have my facts ready. You on the other hand are full of hot air.

8 Likes

Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by Gotze1: 7:58am On Dec 29, 2017
kettykings:

A good Number of the funding for projects in Lagos and Ogun where attracted by Igbo businessmen who chose to expand , diversify their businesses in that Axis , one of the largest buscuit factories in Ogun is owned by Igbos when the figure is broken down there will be rantings but these folks
These one don start again o. They don port enter ogun. Soon, e go be oyo, and ondo. The biscuit factory no get name hehehehehe. I hail una.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 29, 2017
GEJisBOKO:
stale news. it made FP some months ago

Another flat.ino spotted
Sadistic bad belle people
Go and mourn llamadi Cownu your coward PMB wasted
Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 29, 2017
kettykings:

why will developers shed tears over 75% of FDI of DFID flowing into Ogun , somethings dont just add up. if 0% of the FDI of DFID flows into the South East does it mean that south east is not experiencing indigenous investement or FDI from others sources ?

Myopic, stvpid and useless post. Your 100% indigenous investment is not up to 1% of FDI

Common sense is indeed not common

1 Like

Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by AshiwajuFoward: 8:03am On Dec 29, 2017
EzeNri:

You have been busted and It is 60 billion NGN not USD abi?

God pass all of una.

Guy quit grasping at straws coz e no go pay you, ok? I don back up the N60-billion with news reports (N5-billion naira monthly multiplied by 12-months amounts to N60-billion naira). I repeat that you should quit grasping at straws coz you are not helping your own case.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/251421-ogun-loses-n5-billion

You are yet to present proof of any concrete development happening in your regional corridor to counter the abundance of evidences contained in this thread. That ought to be your concern and not a typo. Una IGR combined still no reach Ogun state own and you no even shame. Abeg go and get a life dude.

6 Likes

Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by GEJisBOKO: 8:05am On Dec 29, 2017
divicode:

Another flat.ino spotted
Sadistic bad belle people
Go and mourn llamadi Cownu your coward PMB wasted
yes I know that the late nnamdi kanu is dead but I think your head is flatter than mi ne
Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by BeautifulSE: 8:07am On Dec 29, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Ode. You will keep exposing yourself to embarrassment in your weak attempts to appear relevant.

Calculate that and you have 3,387. Add the 550MW ad 2000MW about to come on-stream in Ondo and Oyo respectively and you have approximaly 6000MW. You see say I no be like you? I have my facts ready. You on the other hand are full of hot air.

Lol. I've stopped responding to that guy. His case is irredeemable. I can't keep up with his lies. He lies with every new post. He probably thinks we are like him grin grin cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by EzeNri(m): 8:13am On Dec 29, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

I just woke up hence my belated response. Dude, you are nothing but jobless lout grasping at straws , and I am sure you could deduce that the $60 was a typographical error on my part (I mistakenly entered $ in place of N) but chose to latch on that coz you couldn't come up with any serious rebuttal against any of points and facts I put up there. And yes, the state is set to add an extra N60- billion to it's annual IGR revenues.

You on the other hand are yet to provide concrete evidence to refute Ogun's status as the defacto FDI destination and industrial hub. All you have been doing on this thread is to throw tantrums devoid of verifiable facts in support of any of your positions. It's so pathetic that even your jibsmen are not bothering to join you in your foolishness.
Set to add, but have not added.

Check the structure of Ogun IGR, check how much that comes from PAYE, check amount that comes from other direct taxes, check amount that comes from road taxes and then non-tax revenue.

If you think you good in analysis, pull out those stats, check them critically and then tell us what you observed.

I am waiting.

Again let me remind you, Tax based IGR is not a good measure of economic activities. Tax itself is a macroeconomic stabilization tool, it is a policy tool.

Trump recently cut down US tax, this means in the short run USA tax IGR will fall, but it will boost employment and standard of living.

SE generally don't pursue aggressive tax drive. Don't forget the famous Aba women riot was because of tax imposition.
Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by AshiwajuFoward: 8:17am On Dec 29, 2017
BeautifulSE:

Lol. I've stopped responding to that guy. His case is irredeemable. I can't keep up with his lies. He lies with every new post. He probably thinks we are like him grin grin cheesy

Na typical Igbo. I think it's genetic for them to cookup and makeup stuff that they can't back up so they assume others are like them. That's why no one takes their chest-beatings seriously coz when it's time to take stock you find that they're full of nothing but hot-air.

7 Likes

Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by EzeNri(m): 8:21am On Dec 29, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Calculate that and you have 3,387MW. Add the 550MW and 2000MW about to come on-stream in Ondo and Oyo respectively and you have approximaly 6000MW. You see say I no be like you? I have my facts ready. You on the other hand are full of hot air.

Which of them is a private investment?

We were talking about FDI inflow and I listed private investments of over 4000MW, worth around 4 billion USD and you are here listing FG funded ancient projects.

Don't derail with senseless chest beating. The subject matter here is that 75% FDI entered Ogun and we from this side said NO. Abuja attracts more FDI than Ogun.
Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by AshiwajuFoward: 8:28am On Dec 29, 2017
EzeNri:

Set to add, but have not added.

Check the structure of Ogun IGR, check how much that comes from PAYE, check amount that comes from other direct taxes, check amount that comes from road taxes and then non-tax revenue.

If you think you good in analysis, pull out those stats, check them critically and then tell us what you observed.

I am waiting.

Again let me remind you, Tax based IGR is not a good measure of economic activities. Tax itself is a macroeconomic stabilization tool, it is a policy tool.

Trump recently cut down US tax, this means in the short run USA tax IGR will fall, but it will boost employment and standard of living.

SE generally don't pursue aggressive tax drive. Don't forget the famous Aba women riot was because of tax imposition.

Guy, I am deeply ashamed for you because here you are, your SE states are stagnating developmentally/economically, factories and manufaturing firms are folding up at an alarming rate, una dey pull-in abysmal IGR, your region is depopulating at an insane rate with best brains are fleeing there in droves and embracing wholesale drug-trafficking, yet your response to that is to obsess over Ogun state? I can deduce that you are most likely from Anambra state, a state that for almost two straight years has refused to relase its IGR report, yet you have the nerve to come here and be forming analyst over Ogun state IGR streams?? Your state no even report a single kobo as IGR last year and this year.

Like seriously dude, if you were a serious chap, you would be at the forefront of campaigning against your governor for refusing to be transparent with the state's Internally Generated Revenue. But NOooooo, as a typical Igbo, na Ogun state wey no send una, wey dey develop and open factories left and right na im you dey obsess over Guy, when will you receive sense? Your new year's resolution should be that you will receive sense and be delivered from your village people that are dulling your brain by fire by force. Go and get a life. Real talk.

9 Likes

Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by EzeNri(m): 8:30am On Dec 29, 2017
BeautifulSE:

The only data you handle is in the beer parlour. And the only certification you have is in lies. Post your sources here. I never asked you for your employment history

Suddenly, NBS stats are now authentic lol. I thought you said NBS is made in Nigeria state. Anyway, if you have stats from NBS, post them. Maybe we would take you seriously if you at least show us something from NBS

The link I posted was from Manufacturing association of Nigeria. Eyes of Lagos only reported it.

I don't have a response to the last sentence. I go just pray make jealousy no kill you grin grin grin cheesy
You are disappointing me seriously.

Some of you are just shallow for believing Ogun attracted 75% of all FDI, because one paper said so. Even the paper didn't quote the Envoy saying that.

Abuja attracts more FDI than Ogun. My problem with you people is that you are always begging for link when common google search would have saved you from that embarrassment.

The way you people throw insult carelessly and go scot free makes me question Seun's sanity sometimes. I was banned for responding to a dude that insulted my tribe and that dude is still commenting, throwing insults around. This is the reason the Largest forum in Africa can't beat Linda Ikeji. Never!
Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by BeautifulSE: 8:34am On Dec 29, 2017
Guy, stop quoting me. The best I can do for you is advise you to go for deliverance. You're suffering from an illness known as mythomania grin cheesy An abnormal or pathological tendency to tell lies. grin

7 Likes

Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by BeautifulSE: 8:38am On Dec 29, 2017
And the mods prolly banned you because you were posting too many lies grin grin cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by AshiwajuFoward: 8:44am On Dec 29, 2017
EzeNri:

Which of them is a private investment?

We were talking about FDI inflow and I listed private investments of over 4000MW, worth around 4 billion USD and you are here listing FG funded ancient projects.

Don't derail with senseless chest beating. The subject matter here is that 75% FDI entered Ogun and we from this side said NO. Abuja attracts more FDI than Ogun.

Dude, why are you like this?? If Abuja attracts more FDI than OGun, why don't you prove it??. Talk is cheap you dumb fvck. These FDI you keep going on about in your region are yet to enter the country else they would certainly be captured. We are not here to talk about MOUs dude. Prove that Abuja attracts more FDI than Ogun or forever shut the fvck up. I can show you reports from MAN showing that Ogun attracted as much as 70% of investments into Nigeria's manufacturing sector for 3 straight years and counting. I dare you to counter it with your own data proving your Abuja case.

6 Likes

Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by EzeNri(m): 8:50am On Dec 29, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

[img]http://cdn.meme.am/instances/57462563/all-i-hear-is-blah-blah-blah.jpg[/img]

Guy, I am deeply ashamed for you because here you are, your SE states are stagnating developmentally/economically, factories and manufaturing firms are folding up at an alarming rate, una dey pull-in abysmal IGR, your region is depopulating at an insane rate with best brains are fleeing there in droves and embrassing wholesale drug-trafficking, yet your response to that is to obsess over Ogun state? I can deduce that you are most likely from Anambra state, a state that for almost two straight years has refused to relase its IGR report, yet you have the nerve to come here and be forming analyst over Ogun state IGR streams?? Your state no even report a single kobo as IGR last year and this year.

Like seriously dude, if you were a serious chap, you would be at the forefront of campaigning against your governor for refusing to be transparent with the state's Internally Generated Revenue. But NOooooo, as a typical Igbo, na Ogun state wey no send una, wey dey develop and open factories left and right you dey obsess over, na im you dey obsess over Guy, when will you receive sense? Your new year's resolution should be that you will receive sense and be delivered from your village people that are dulling your brain by fire by force. Go and get a life. Real talk.
I am from Igboland. There is nothing like Abia, IMO, Anambra, Enugu or Ebonyi. They are all mere geographical expression.

I am ashamed of you for believing Ogun attracted 75% IGR. I am equally ashamed of you for not knowing that tax is a mere Macroeconomic stabilization tool, hence IGR will always fall and increase depending on the policy wish of the govt.

Aggressive tax drive means govt is selfishly pursuing more funds at the detriment of employment and standard of living.

Let me tell you what you don't know, if Ogun records 100 bn in tax IGR, it means govt will be 100 bn richer but aggregate demand will fall by 100 bn. When AD falls the economy will contract, job loss and higher prices. If this higher prices led to a 2% increase in inflation, this means the real value of the remaining funds in private hands will go down by 2%. That is, the real value of the economy will go down by 2%.

That 100 bn in the hands of govt will not be able to revive that economy because of leakages. Some will leave the state through debt servicing, some will be looted, some will be lost through administrative charges, some will go into capital projects which will take some time before the benefits can be felt and the remaining will go to Recurrent expenses where a junk will be lost through Over head. The few that went to salaries will be too much to boost AD.

Trump cut down tax to avoid this.
Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by AshiwajuFoward: 9:06am On Dec 29, 2017
EzeNri:

I am from Igboland. There is nothing like Abia, IMO, Anambra, Enugu or Ebonyi. They are all mere geographical expression.

I am ashamed of you for believing Ogun attracted 75% IGR. I am equally ashamed of you for not knowing that tax is a mere Macroeconomic stabilization tool, hence IGR will always fall and increase depending on the policy wish of the govt.

Aggressive tax drive means govt is selfishly pursuing more funds at the detriment of employment and standard of living.

Let me tell you what you don't know, if Ogun records 100 bn in tax IGR, it means govt will be 100 bn richer but aggregate demand will fall by 100 bn. When AD falls the economy will contract, job loss and higher prices. If this higher prices led to a 2% increase in inflation, this means the real value of the remaining funds in private hands will go down by 2%. That is, the real value of the economy will go down by 2%.

That 100 bn in the hands of govt will not be able to revive that economy because of leakages. Some will leave the state through debt servicing, some will be looted, some will be lost through administrative charges, some will go into capital projects which will take some time before the benefits can be felt and the remaining will go to Recurrent expenses where a junk will be lost through Over head. The few that went to salaries will be too much to boost AD.

Trump cut down tax to avoid this.

Look here punk, quit already coz you're ain't fooling no one. That british envoy is obviously more informed than you will ever be in your miserable life. You are still yet to provide any shred of data to counter her assertion, yet you expect to be taken seriously?? It doesn't work like that in the real world. Now, I will show you a recent with a report from MAN that atleast buttresses her position while I won't even bother expecting you to counter it coz all you have demonstrated so far herein is that you are a quack pseudo/wannabe analyst. At this point, it doesn't matter what you believe or accept coz you are a nonentity and only you fool.s like yourself would even care to entertain your delusions. undecided

https://www.businessdayonline.com/industrial-data-show-lagos-losing-real-sector-investments-ogun-2/

By Odinaka Anudu

A three-year data dealing with the direction of manufacturing and agro processing investments show that Ogun is elbowing Lagos in new investments.

Data by the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN), analysed by BusinessDay, show Ogun State has over 70 percent share of manufacturing investments in the country between 2014 and 2016.

In 2014, manufacturers invested N691.77 billion, out of which N514.87 billion went to Ogun State, representing 74.42 percent of the total .

Apapa and Ikeja in Lagos contributed N15 billion and N85 billion to the investments respectively, representing a combined 15 percent of the total.

Out of the N180.12 billion invested in the manufacturing and agro-allied industries in Nigeria in the first six months of 2015, N128.3 billion went to Ogun, representing 71.23 percent. Ikeja and Apapa industrial zones got N15.74 billion and N6.98 billion, representing 8.7 percent and 3.9 percent share of the total respectively.

Similarly, manufacturing investments worth N309.33 billion were made in H2 of 2015, out of which N302.26 billion went to Ogun, representing 97.7 percent of the total. Apapa and Ikeja shared the remaining less than three percent with other industrial zones across the country.

In the first half of 2016, total investments estimated at N54.55 billion were made by manufacturers in the country, out of which N37.51 billion moved to Ogun within the period. This means that 69 percent of all investments within H1 of 2016 were channelled to Ogun State. Apapa and Ikeja shared the remaining 31 percent with other industrial zones such as Edo/Delta, Imo/Abia, Oyo/Ondo/Osun/Ekiti, Kano/Sharada/ Challawa, Kano Bompai, Anambra/Enugu, Bauchi/Benue/Plateau, Rivers, Kwara, and Abia.

In the second half of 2016, MAN survey shows that N313.62 billion worth of investments were directed to Ogun out of the total N448.94 billion. This represents 70 percent of the total. Like in the first half, Apapa and Ikeja industrial zones stampeded for the remaining 30 percent investments with other zones. MAN is the largest manufacturing association in West Africa with over 2,000 companies as members.

Frank Udemba Jacobs, president of MAN, told Real Sector Watch that manufacturers find Ogun as a good investment destination due to the government’s commitment to industrialisation.

“Manufacturers are happy with Ogun because they get incentives from the government,” said Jacobs.

Manufacturers say they get tax and land rebates in Ogun, which lowers production cost in the long run. It is also easier and seamless to get certificate of occupancy (C of O) in Ogun, a manufacturer in the food and beverage industry told BusinessDay.

There is also a one-stop shop that allows investors to have a single point of contact for their dealings with the various ministries, departments and agencies of the state.

The cost of doing business in the state is also less when compared with Lagos.

“There is less harassment from touts in Ogun and the traffic is light, while there is more available accommodation for staff in the state,” another investor told BusinessDay.

Jon Tudy Kachikwu, chairman of the SME Group of the Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI), said it takes about 30 days for agro processors and SMEs to get C of Os in Ogun.

“You know businesses are many in Lagos, so there might be some ‘I don’t care attitude’ from some government agencies. Again , people prefer Ogun because of multiple taxation and cost of the environment in Lagos,” Kachikwu, an agro processor and exporter, said.

In the three-year review, more investments moved to Agbara, Igbesa, Abeokuta, Sango-Otta, Ibafo, Mowe, Ijebu-Ode and Sagamu industrial clusters, all in Ogun State.

In 2014 alone, new investors such as Shongai Technologies Limited, Ijako in Sango-Otta, Apples and Pears Limited, Ceplas Farms Limited, Greenlife Bliss Healthcare Limited, and Sumo Steel Limited, berthed Ogun.

In the last three to four years, manufacturers have either moved from Lagos to Ogun or relocated their factories to the state, leaving only administrative offices in Lagos. Some of the companies that have done that include Fidson Healthcare, May & Baker, Pure Chemicals, Eagle Packaging, Nycil Limited, and Dufil, among others.

“Seventy manufacturing companies were established during first four-year tenure of Governor Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun State and both existing and new companies were given some level of incentives and benefits that prompted rapid development in manufacturing sector,” said Bimbo Ashiru, commissioner for commerce and industry, said in 2014.

Analysts say Ogun is benefitting from proximity to Lagos. A research done by The Economist in 2015 showed that an average company in Lagos 956 hours per year in paying taxes. However, things are changing in 2017 as the recent Doing Business Index by the World Bank shows some positive changes in doing business in Lagos.

6 Likes

Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by EzeNri(m): 9:10am On Dec 29, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Dude, why are you like this?? If Abuja attracts more FDI than OGun, why don't you prove it??. Talk is cheap you dumb fvck. These FDI you keep going on about in your region are yet to enter the country else they would certainly be captured. We are not here to talk about MOUs dude. Prove that Abuja attracts more FDI than Ogun or forever shut the fvck up. I can show you reports from MAN showing that Ogun attracted as much as 70% of investments into Nigeria's manufacturing sector for 3 straight years and counting. I dare you to counter it with your own data proving your Abuja case.
I thought I was dealing with people that are knowledgeable.
I know you can't access a full NBS data, so use the link to check the report as of Q1 2017.
www.punchng.com/nbs-ranks-lagos-aibom-three-others-most-investment-friendly-states/
There is difference between FDI and Domestic Investement. There is not much FDI in our manufacturing sector. The highest ever will be the 540 billion USD chinese investment in shoe manufacturing in Aba. That is why every Nigeria need to continue praying for that.
Our FDI data has not captured it yet, hopefully next year.
Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by EzeNri(m): 9:22am On Dec 29, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Look here punk, quit already coz you're ain't fooling no one. That british envoy is obviously more informed than you will ever be in your miserable life. You are still yet to provide any shred of data to counter her assertion, yet you expect to be taken seriously?? It doesn't work like that in the real world you fool. Now, I will show you a recent with a report from MAN that atleast buttresses her position while I won't even bother expecting you to counter it coz all you have demonstrated so far herein is that you are a quack pseudo/wannabe analyst. At this point, it doesn't matter what you believe or accept coz you are a nonentity and only you fool.s like yourself would even care to entertain your delusions. undecided

https://www.businessdayonline.com/industrial-data-show-lagos-losing-real-sector-investments-ogun-2/

Mynd44 if I call this guy a fool, you will rush to the ban button. A guy that doesn't know her country's FDI data, is that one a Nigerian?

I don't know where you people manufacture data from, 600 billion NGN is over 1 billion USD. Nigeria did not attract up to 1 billion USD in FDI into the manufacturing sector for the past 3 years. Whoever is telling you that is lying.

Check Ogun GDP sectoral growth and see if the real sector grew concomitantly.

The only 1.5 billion USD FDI in manufacturing is the one from China to Aba we are expecting Next year.
Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by AshiwajuFoward: 9:38am On Dec 29, 2017
EzeNri:

I thought I was dealing with people that are knowledgeable.
I know you can't access a full NBS data, so use the link to check the report as of Q1 2017.
www.punchng.com/nbs-ranks-lagos-aibom-three-others-most-investment-friendly-states/
There is difference between FDI and Domestic Investement. There is not much FDI in our manufacturing sector. The highest ever will be the 540 billion USD chinese investment in shoe manufacturing in Aba. That is why every Nigeria need to continue praying for that.
Our FDI data has not captured it yet, hopefully next year.

Smh. Gosh, what is this?? With every utterance you keep exposing your ignorance. Did you not see Ogun (as well as Oyo, Lagos, Rivers, AkwaIbom, Abuja) on the list?? Have you not seen with your own eyes the commissioning multi-million dollar foreign-owned manufacturing coys (Recover Benkiser, Unilever, Honda, Hayat Kimyer) (three of which were commissioned earlier this month) in this same thread?? Does that not count as FDI?? Ogun is the undisputed home of manufacturing investments, be it foreign or domestic and a wealth of data has already proved that #FACT. You are too ignorant for comfort. I'm done with this back-and-forth with a confirmed ignoramus please.

https://guardian.ng/business-services/hayat-kimya-invests-100-million-diaper-and-tissue-factory-in-ogun-state/

http://followgov.ng/2017/12/06/amosun-commissions-honda-unilever-factories-agbara-creates-employment/

http://encomium.ng/amosun-commissions-3-mega-factories-in-ogun/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by totit: 9:57am On Dec 29, 2017
EzeNri:

Your brother said Ogun attracts 75% FDI in Nigeria when official statistics say Abuja attracts more FDI than Ogun.
Another said Ogun will make additional 60 billion USD in IGR when ogun GDP is not up to 1/3 of that. So we want to start documenting lies like this.

Thank you.

Oooh shocked so now you believe in nigeria statistics I thought you wrote earlier on this thread that Yorubas and nigeria stats are lies?. By the way and anyways, why don't you disprove by providing the said " nigeria statistics " at least to drive home your point and counter his claim.. don't you think so?
We are waiting for the said " nigeria statistics! grin

5 Likes

Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by AshiwajuFoward: 10:01am On Dec 29, 2017
totit:

Oooh shocked so now you believe in nigeria statistics I thought you wrote earlier on this thread that Yorubas and nigeria stats are lies?. By the way and anyways, why don't you disprove by providing the said " nigeria statistics " at least to drive home your point and counter his claim.. don't you think so?
We are waiting for the said " nigeria statistics! grin

Na their way. They only believe anything that favours them. If it doesn't favor them they will trash and reject it and cookup their own lies.

6 Likes

Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by AshiwajuFoward: 10:08am On Dec 29, 2017
EzeNri:

Mynd44 if I call this guy a fool, you will rush to the ban button. A guy that doesn't know her country's FDI data, is that one a Nigerian?

I don't know where you people manufacture data from, 600 billion NGN is over 1 billion USD. Nigeria did not attract up to 1 billion USD in FDI into the manufacturing sector for the past 3 years. Whoever is telling you that is lying.

Check Ogun GDP sectoral growth and see if the real sector grew concomitantly.

The only 1.5 billion USD FDI in manufacturing is the one from China to Aba we are expecting Next year.

Oh, you think you are slick abi? Mynd44, don't mind this impostor. He has already admitted using an alternate account. His original account is SouthEastFacts. He admitted it in the post below that his alternate moniker was banned after I called him out in an earlier post:

EzeNri:

The other moniker was banned.

So you believe only 150 manufacturers are in the SE and 75 of them left? Only tiny Nnewi has more industries than that. Keep believing Made in Nigeria Statistics.

Google to verify the facts I posted. We are making strategic investments in Power generation.

6 Likes

Re: Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy by 7lives: 10:30am On Dec 29, 2017
kettykings:

A good Number of the funding for projects in Lagos and Ogun where attracted by Igbo businessmen who chose to expand , diversify their businesses in that Axis , one of the largest buscuit factories in Ogun is owned by Igbos when the figure is broken down there will be rantings but these folks

Awon WEREYS.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Idahosa: Edo PDP Have Refused To Accommodate Defecting APC Members / Is Rotimi Amaechi Now A Peter Obi Ally? (pictures) / Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.