Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) (24037 Views)

APC Senators All Smiles As They Pose With President Buhari / GMD Nnpc Led Task Force To Ambush Black Market Spot In Abuja / Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) by Bluffly: 9:02pm On Dec 29, 2017
IAMTHEHERO:

How much is the price of fuel in the south east as at today? How much is the cost of a toyota hiace bus as for today?Why didn't the transporters hike the price to 15,000 in the previous administrations? Do the buses run on water? Please you can't defend the defenseless. This APC govt has caused more woes and sorrows to Nigerians more than any other government in Nigeria. Instead of you to blame on the APC visionless government you are here blaming the citizens. What a shame!!
Guy be objective. There has never been a political party in Nigeria but groups of greedy interest. The problem is the people. Marketers holding the government to ransome to increase pump prize because the government has a poor system in place to prevent such. No government and I repeat none has ever led Nigerians with a vision. I don't take sides but tell you the truth. Until you all change and use integrity and productivity as your innate watch word Nigerian will remain a shackle.
Re: GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) by lankylucky(m): 9:04pm On Dec 29, 2017
am i the only one seeing "my oga at the top"

pls guys do look at the NSCDC official again.
Re: GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) by IAMTHEHERO: 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2017
Bluffly:

You do your calculation and you will find out that they are making more profit other than making up the difference.

Okay let me help you out. At 145*70= 10,150. Lets say they use 3 full tanks to complete a trip and a fare of 7,500*14=105,000-30,450= 74,550 profit per trip.

250*70=17,500. 3 full tank is 52,500. 15,000*14= 210,000. 210,000-52,500= 157,500.

You can reassess too. But from the above, they are smiling to the bank.
Have you run a transport business before? Don't they pay the loaders? Don't they pay the park and union dues?
Re: GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) by IAMTHEHERO: 9:15pm On Dec 29, 2017
Bluffly:

Guy be objective. There has never been a political party in Nigeria but groups of greedy interest. The problem is the people. Marketers holding the government to ransome to increase pump prize because the government has a poor system in place to prevent such. No government and I repeat none has ever led Nigerians with a vision. I don't take sides but tell you the truth. Until you all change and use integrity and productivity as your innate watch word Nigerian will remain a shackle.
Why shifting the goal post(blame) from our people who run transport companies to marketers. As par the government you mentioned, please read my original post OK. Let me refresh your memory: It is only APC government that removed subsidy and we never protested. If they actually have vision, this fuel scarcity is avoidable. They would have made plans and flooded all the storage tanks in the country with FUEL since August/September/October against December.
Re: GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) by ebenholer(m): 9:18pm On Dec 29, 2017
the smile tells u everything was preplaned. They had aims and purposes for introducing scarcity in such a time as this. Nigeria seems not to have leaders for cheaters.
Re: GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) by Bluffly: 9:22pm On Dec 29, 2017
IAMTHEHERO:

Why shifting the goal post(blame) from our people who run transport companies to marketers. As par the government you mentioned, please read my original post OK. Let me refresh your memory: It is only APC government that removed subsidy and we never protested. If they actually have vision, this fuel scarcity is avoidable. They would have made plans and flooded all the storage tanks in the country with FUEL since August/September/October against December.

No goal post was shifted. Fuel Scarcity has to do with the marketers while unreasonable hiking of TFare has to do with transporters. Yet you do not understand my stand. The starting point of the solution is to stimulate local production to meet our local consumption. I have no damn eyelid movement for protest or no protest for as long as I'm concerned Nigerians have never held a genuine protest in this country.

The right system is what we need and only Nigerians can do that themselves by changing for the better because they all rotten deep down in their mind.
Re: GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) by Bluffly: 9:25pm On Dec 29, 2017
IAMTHEHERO:

Have you run a transport business before? Don't they pay the loaders? Don't they pay the park and union dues?
Forget all those ones, wetin them they load like say we no they there. Them no they pay them before? Can they ever increase their pay the way they increased the fare. If they increase their park dues, then they created their own walerloo which is still what I am saying. Do you know that it's even more than 15,000. Some are 18,500, 19,500 for trips that use to be between 7,500 to 8,000
Let them do all their deduction, they are still smiling to the bank. Take a look at the percentage increase even if you will consider other deductions.
Please lets call a spade a spade.
Re: GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) by Juliusdking(m): 9:57pm On Dec 29, 2017
Dat man need dirty slap
Re: GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) by Rainmaker69(m): 9:59pm On Dec 29, 2017
chloedogie:
Lazy bone, he's either in conoil or total filling station both just opposite his office. He keeps taking a lunch break stroll to the petrol station opposite the nnpc towers opposite his office and speaks for the whole Abuja. Go to lugbe airport road go to gwarimpa go to lines and the likes.

You hit the nail on the head
Re: GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) by whatmoreng: 10:54pm On Dec 29, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Okay, will say more by tomorrow morning, presently on my way to the bank to withdraw my today's bmc allowance. The money is much actually, we are even getting additional allowance for Christmas and new year.

Now, hang yourself.
Thank God for ur life.
Re: GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) by LionDeLeo: 11:02pm On Dec 29, 2017
whatmoreng:

Thank God for ur life.
I do that everyday, you don't need to tell me.
Re: GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) by IAMTHEHERO: 11:23pm On Dec 29, 2017
Bluffly:

Forget all those ones, wetin them they load like say we no they there. Them no they pay them before? Can they ever increase their pay the way they increased the fare. If they increase their park dues, then they created their own walerloo which is still what I am saying. Do you know that it's even more than 15,000. Some are 18,500, 19,500 for trips that use to be between 7,500 to 8,000
Let them do all their deduction, they are still smiling to the bank. Take a look at the percentage increase even if you will consider other deductions.
Please lets call a spade a spade.
Let me educate you. The loaders collect 10% of total sum collected. The Union dues increase during Christmas. But all the charges are dependent on the total sum collected which in turn depends on the increase of fuel price/scarcity of fuel as well as the cost of hiace bus. Most transporters roll out new buses in December. How much do they buy the hiace buses?The cost of the hiace buses depends on prevailing exchange rate. All these dependents/determining factors rely on the policies of the government in power. Assuming there was no fuel scarcity, the highest we would have paid would be 12,000 based on that the cost of hiace buses that used to be 5-7M during Gej is now 10.5-15M under Buhari. They need to recover their money. Let me tell you again the fares you see are inclusive of the returns back cost of the bus as many are in Lagos/Abuja waiting, so the buses come back to Lagos/Abuja empty to carry the stranded passengers.
Re: GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) by Bluffly: 1:08am On Dec 30, 2017
IAMTHEHERO:

Let me educate you. The loaders collect 10% of total sum collected. The Union dues increases during Christmas. But all the charges are dependent of the the total sum collected which in turn depends on increase of fuel as well as the cost of hiace bus. Most transporters roll out new buses in December. How much do they buy the hiace buses?The cost of the hiace buses depends on prevailing exchange rate. All these dependents/determining factors rely on the policies of the government in power. Assuming there was no fuel scarcity, the highest we would have paid would be 12,000 based on that the cost of hiace buses that used to be 5-7M during Gej is now 10.5-15 M under Buhari. They need to recover their money. Let me tell you again the fares you see are inclusive of the returns back cost of the bus as many are in Lagos/Abuja waiting, so the buses come back to Lagos/Abuja empty to carry the stranded passengers.
Nothing to educate about. Na today them they take 10%. We are talking about their exploitative attitude during the fuel scarcity and not exchange rate. And for your information if you want to be dependent on exchange rate then be productive towards exportation and stop looking for government cosmetic approach that has always been the case.
Re: GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) by IAMTHEHERO: 4:23am On Dec 30, 2017
Bluffly:

Nothing to educate about. Na today them they take 10%. We are talking about their exploitative attitude during the fuel scarcity and not exchange rate. And for your information if you want to be dependent on exchange rate then be productive towards exportation and stop looking for government cosmetic approach that has always been the case.
Your ego will not allow you to admit that you goofed in your analysis and you learnt some things about inter state transport business. I have told you go back to the original post l made on this. Buhari and APC government is the most clueless,visionless, irresponsible and directionless government in the history of Nigeria. They have caused more woes and sorrows to Nigerians than the previous administrations. This is a government that rode on change mantra to power. But you in APC usual nature and tactics, blame it on our people for greed. You people always blame,you never assume responsibilities of your actions. If not blaming PDP, it will be GEJ, or the security officers, now the marketers. The most ridiculous part of it is Buhari and APC government blames the people that voted him into power.
Re: GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) by IAMTHEHERO: 4:42am On Dec 30, 2017
Bluffly:

Bro, can you hear yourself, "We are talking about their exploitative attitude during the fuel scarcity" How can a responsible and visionary government that knows her people are always exploited during fuel scarcity and still allows the fuel scarcity to exist during the Yuletide? Remember the signs were there since August /September 2017. l mentioned 10% collection, union dues,security dues, sanitation dues, exchange rate and cost of return- back-empty to highlight other factors that added up to cost of the fare. I did this because you have started deceiving the members of this forum on "your so called profit analysis" Have you forgotten that transport business is one of the most competitive businesses in Nigeria even the world over. If you hike your price so much high, nobody will enter your bus.
Re: GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) by IAMTHEHERO: 5:03am On Dec 30, 2017
IAMTHEHERO:

Bro, can you hear yourself, "We are talking about their exploitative attitude during the fuel scarcity" How can a responsible and visionary government that knows her people are always exploited during fuel scarcity and still allows the fuel scarcity to exist during the Yuletide? Remember the signs were there since August /September 2017. l mentioned 10% collection, union dues,security dues, sanitation dues, exchange rate and cost of return- back-empty to highlight other factors that added up to cost of the fare. I did this because you have started deceiving the members of this forum on "your so called profit analysis" Have you forgotten that transport business is one of the most competitive businesses in Nigeria even the world over. If you hike your price so much high, nobody will enter your bus.
l don't know why l am doing this, let me educate you the more; in analysis not all factors/risks have the same weights; some weigh more than others. The one with higher weight is given more preference than others. Now, in the analysis of "High Fare at the moment in Nigeria" fuel scarcity has the highest weight. As l said earlier, it could have been avoidable by a government that has the interest of her people at heart. See, Nigerians gave Buhari government maximum support more than any other government in the history of Nigeria. He removed fuel subsidy and no protest. The only way he can pay Nigerians back for their unflinching support is by causing more woes, griefs and sorrows to them. Bro, you blame the transport operators, the marketers and so on(that's your own definition of calling a spade "a spade"wink. It is very unfortunate that the incompetency of this APC government has beclouded the sense of reasoning of the citizenry.
Re: GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) by IAMTHEHERO: 5:25am On Dec 30, 2017
Bluffly:

No goal post was shifted. Fuel Scarcity has to do with the marketers while unreasonable hiking of TFare has to do with transporters. Yet you do not understand my stand. The starting point of the solution is to stimulate local production to meet our local consumption. I have no damn eyelid movement for protest or no protest for as long as I'm concerned Nigerians have never held a genuine protest in this country.

The right system is what we need and only Nigerians can do that themselves by changing for the better because they all rotten deep down in their mind.

Both the marketers and transport operators are being controlled/regulated by the government policies/representatives. The policies were/are formed/reviewed by government in power/Buhari/APC, the authorities/persons charged with responsibility to monitor the execution of these policies were/are appointed by government in power/Buhari/APC. But if it was during GEJ regime, would you have called/blamed the marketers and transport operators. Then, let me ask you these questions: Can't the government participate in the marketing of petroleum products? They do of course(NNPC retail outlets). Can't the government run transport companies? Most states and local governments operate inter state buses. I answered these questions so that you will not bend the truth.
Re: GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) by Bluffly: 8:11am On Dec 30, 2017
IAMTHEHERO:

Both the marketers and transport operators are being controlled/regulated by the government policies/representatives. The policies were/are formed/reviewed by government in power/Buhari/APC, the authorities/persons charged with responsibility to monitor the execution of these policies were/are appointed by government in power/Buhari/APC. But if it was during GEJ regime, would you have called/blamed the marketers and transport operators. Then, let me ask you these questions: Can't the government participate in the marketing of petroleum products? They do of course(NNPC retail outlets). Can't the government run transport companies? Most states and local governments operate inter state buses. I answered these questions so that you will not bend the truth.
Please please stop saying GEJ regime but let me shock you. Do you know that during GEJ regime, their use to be a lot of settlements and free money. Let us look at the situation from a point of integrity and not what works anyhow. Guy as I've said I don't take sides and I'll keep blaming all Nigerians for the mess we are in. Both the citizenry and the leadership are f*cked. You are talking as if before now all other governments have been doing the right.
And learn to be objective rather than taking sides.
Re: GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) by Bluffly: 8:19am On Dec 30, 2017
IAMTHEHERO:

Your ego will not allow you to admit that you goofed in your analysis and you learnt some things about inter state transport business. I have told you go back to the original post l made on this. Buhari and APC government is the most clueless,visionless, irresponsible and directionless government in the history of Nigeria. They have caused more woes and sorrows to Nigerians than the previous administrations. This is a government that rode on change mantra to power. But you in APC usual nature and tactics, blame it on our people for greed. You people always blame,you never assume responsibilities of your actions. If not blaming PDP, it will be GEJ, or the security officers, now the marketers. The most ridiculous part of it is Buhari and APC government blames the people that voted him into power.
Can you see how you are playing hide and seek. Why not post an analysis. You have only chosen to play the blame game between dispensations rather than to address he greedy nature of Nigerians. The fact remains that greed led us to where we are. Better learn to tackle the root cause and not the bandwagon statements. Everyone wants to make super profit and live like a king/queen. Everyone looking to take more than they deserve. F*cked people
Re: GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) by Bluffly: 8:21am On Dec 30, 2017
IAMTHEHERO:

Please post an analysis and stop saying I am deceiving members of the forum. Prove yourself. Period
Re: GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) by Onechancearmy(m): 8:22am On Dec 30, 2017
Bluffly:

Can you see how you are playing hide and seek. Why not post an analysis. You have only chosen to play the blame game between dispensations rather than to address he greedy nature of Nigerians. The fact remains that greed led us to where we are. Better learn to tackle the root cause and not the bandwagon statements. Everyone wants to make super profit and live like a king/queen. Everyone looking to take more than they deserve. F*cked people

Gotohellosewa:

This Yusuf Buhari incident has opened my eyes and revealed a lot about why Nigeria is the way it is. Just a few houses down my street is a private clinic. On the same date that Yusuf had his accident, this clinic urgently needed fuel to run its generator in order to carry out an emergency surgery, but couldn’t find any. Eventually they had to beg around the neighbourhood for fuel and I gave them the last 5 litres I had.

Perhaps my sympathy for Yusuf Buhari would have been aroused if he had been providing an essential service (like my neighbourhood clinic) when the accident occurred, but no he wasn’t, rather he was drag racing! At a time when Sarrki, Omenka, Ugenenkwenu, LionDeLeo, Madridgay and other members of the BMC were sweating at filling stations in the hot midday sun like Christmas goats, waiting to buy fuel at 500 naira a litre, Yusuf Buhari was burning up the scarce and precious commodity on meaningless and unproductive drag racing with his friend! Maybe fuel flows through Aso Rock like the River Niger. Maybe Buhari is the immortan Joe of Nigeria. He hoards fuel the same way Immortan Joe hoards water.

And now the BMC wants to add insult to injury by taking away our rights as Nigerians to feel a sense of outrage. They want us to pray for Yusuf Buhari, as if his case is like that of a soldier who was wounded in active service at the battle front!

I have a right to feel a sense of outrage that Yusuf Buhari can afford to waste fuel stupidly while a hospital that needs it for a far more important purpose cannot obtain it.

You have to question the sanity and the IQ level of the average BMC zombie! I’m afraid that with just a few hours left of the year 2017, our friends in the BMC will cross over into the New Year with their present mental handicaps but sadly there is nothing anyone can do for them

1 Like

Re: GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) by IAMTHEHERO: 8:40am On Dec 30, 2017
Bluffly:

Please please stop saying GEJ regime but let me shock you. Do you know that during GEJ regime, their use to be a lot of settlements and free money. Let us look at the situation from a point of integrity and not what works anyhow. Guy as I've said I don't take sides and I'll keep blaming all Nigerians for the mess we are in. Both the citizenry and the leadership are f*cked. You are talking as if before now all other governments have been doing the right.
And learn to be objective rather than taking sides.
Lol. You are the one using blame tactics and strategies of your APC government.
Re: GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) by Bluffly: 8:52am On Dec 30, 2017
IAMTHEHERO:

Lol. You are the one using blame tactics and strategies of your APC government.
I can see that you are one of the pawns used for political scores
Re: GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) by IAMTHEHERO: 9:56am On Dec 30, 2017
Bluffly:

I can see that you are one of the pawns used for political scores
It is very unfortunate that when some of us are holding the government down for its incompetence, ineptitude and lack of visions, you and your likes allowed themselves to be used as willing tools to shift BLAMES and DISTRACTIONS. You still want further analysis after all my explanations. I am glad that the same comment you challenged keeps gathering "likes" as every hour passes. For your information, Buhari/APC government has appointed 3 dead people as members of newly constituted boards, oya blame it on the staffs of the constituted agencies. SMH.
Re: GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) by IAMTHEHERO: 10:04am On Dec 30, 2017
Onechancearmy:

God bless you my brother. The issue is the guy you quoted will he reason it from that angle. Buhari blamed the accident on the Aso rock security officers. That blufly may blame it on the marketer that supplied petroleum products at Aso rock or even they will soon blame it on Yusuf's friend. This is height of irresponsibility.
Re: GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) by passionate88: 10:20am On Dec 30, 2017
kokoA:
Actually, the queues have drastically reduced in Abuja sha and it's completely over in some part, but thats no enough reason to smile. Baru's NNPC failed us when we needed them most.
So it's no longer the fault of the petroleum minister?
Re: GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) by Rainmaker69(m): 8:22pm On Dec 30, 2017
Abeg, whats the word on the scarcity? More stations are not selling. What's the situation in Abuja?
Re: GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:13pm On Dec 30, 2017
Rubbish. So nah only Abuja be Nigeria now? Ode

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yakubu Dogara Blast Tinubu Says Emilokan Is Heresy / Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition / How Peter Obi Killed APC In The East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.