Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? (36754 Views)

What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? / Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta / Eating Of Placenta | Why Or Why Not | 3 Awesome Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by chocolatemom(f): 9:48am On Nov 21, 2019
Throwing inside the placenta pit, just like the traditional pit toilet
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by mrsfavour(f): 9:48am On Nov 21, 2019
I bury
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by propynich123: 9:49am On Nov 21, 2019
I think that we should bury it
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by mousco(m): 9:50am On Nov 21, 2019
I will do to my kids what my parents did to mine.

Though have not asked them
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by adedayourt(m): 9:50am On Nov 21, 2019
Some women ask to save their placenta and will boil it to eat it, or even dehydrate it and encapsulate it into pills. Some women believe that taking the pills will reduce postpartum depression and/or postpartum anemia. Others plant the placenta in the ground as a symbolic gesture of life and earth.

Some states and hospitals have regulations regarding saving the placenta, so expectant moms should always check with the facility they’re delivering at to make sure they can save the placenta.

Read people do dis
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Kayharry(m): 9:51am On Nov 21, 2019
U can make photo frame

Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by AgentNairaland(f): 9:52am On Nov 21, 2019
Op, Well It's Medically And Spiritually Advisable That You EAT It, Because Aye Soro Igbe Ibosi ooo..

1 Like

Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Nickisindigo(m): 9:53am On Nov 21, 2019
some eat there's
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Marvieduke(f): 9:53am On Nov 21, 2019
Seems you don't know it can be eaten as suya or dried and turn it to capsules, well as for me I can't eat nor even swallow it sef
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 21, 2019
Wright.
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by iyimide(m): 9:54am On Nov 21, 2019
This is someone with a brain

FuckThaMod:
Burning and burying are both wrong..
It should be eaten.
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by midnighter(f): 9:55am On Nov 21, 2019
Andersonjr:
You mean some “white culture” even go ahead to eat it? Yuck!

It's very nutritious
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 21, 2019
It's a sacrificial meat to jah grin grin grin

Modified:
On a serious note, it a drug grin
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by oghenekome51(f): 9:58am On Nov 21, 2019
FuckThaMod:
It should be eaten.

grin grin grin grin grin GUY NAWA FOR U O
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Kokoebapluse(m): 9:58am On Nov 21, 2019
According to Yoruba believe placental is very powerful and connect to destiny of the child if enemies get access to placental of a child they can use it in wicked way to against the child, eg if dog ate placental that belong to female child such girl will be a great prostitute when she grow up, so Yoruba culture will protect that placental by all means, and Yoruba call placental IBI which means bad thing so they believe that bad thing follow the child and they have to bury the placental so the bad things will stop following the child, that is Yoruba believe,

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by lonelydora: 9:59am On Nov 21, 2019
iAudio:
Deuteronomy 28:57-59 New King James Version (NKJV)

I tire ooo
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by hakym619(m): 9:59am On Nov 21, 2019
sunshineV:
Huawei y9 2019 for sale at 55k. Call 0 9 0 2 1 3 5 0 4 4 6

31k? �
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 21, 2019
Omonigeriarere:
I know cultures differ about the subject matter. But is there any conventional way of handling placenta? Is there any repercussion that follows outright burning or burying it?

Most cultures prefer burying it while others prefer burning. I latter realised that some White's cultures even tolerate eating it up as it is very nutritional.

Please express your empirical view/thinking here and let's learn together.

Watching out for verifiable responses from 'experienced father's/mothers all the way from the apex part of Okro tree where I am enjoying myself here.

My dear, if you understand the makeup of th placenta, youll not be having headache over how to dispose of it. It is a waste products. Let stop attaching spiritual and traditional beliefs to such things.

This thing is mear tissues which is formed as soon as an egg is released to protect it and feed the foetus incase its fertilized by a spematozoa. This is what crushes down and comes out as menses when the egg did not get fertilized cos no foetus to feed it becomes a waste.

Same thing happens when the foetus is done feeding on it and is born, it becomes yet a waste crumbles down and should be disposed anyway you want it but definitely not in a dustbin cos that thing can smell for Africa as its made up of dead tissues.

There are not spiritual implication to this as people commonly believe cos It has no life in it! Its the mother and baby that have a life that you should worry about how to safeguard them. Not some dead bag of food. So no fears.

Flush it.
Burn it if you can stand the stench or bury it. Nothing special.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by davidque: 10:00am On Nov 21, 2019
Lets not be quick to dispel superstitious beliefs, they do exist but it doesn't apply to all. It is best you collect your child's placenta and dispose it yourself. Burning to ashes is OK. Flushing down your toilet is OK too (it will decompose in the soak away), but burying is a no no. Animal (rats, cats,especially dogs) can easily smell the blood and dig it up. Eating is senseless. Just dispose it properly and give yourself rest of mind

4 Likes

Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by soliddust2020: 10:01am On Nov 21, 2019
M
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Neroiam(m): 10:02am On Nov 21, 2019
FuckThaMod:
It should be eaten.

By the mother alone ..right?
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Neroiam(m): 10:03am On Nov 21, 2019
TheManOfTheYear:
What should be done if not to be buried or burned?
I'd suggest burning it will be a better idea.

Read Deut. 28:57
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by paix(m): 10:03am On Nov 21, 2019
FuckThaMod:
It should be eaten.
Yes, the husband should eat it.
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by middlebelter(m): 10:05am On Nov 21, 2019
FuckThaMod:
It should be eaten.

Eating human meat!? Cannibalism being preached? undecided
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by suco01(m): 10:06am On Nov 21, 2019
Andersonjr:
You mean some “white culture” even go ahead to eat it? Yuck!

Yes
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by kevoh(m): 10:06am On Nov 21, 2019
Whatever you like do with it, in a day or two it begins to decompose anyway, just like any human part will decompose. undecided

1 Like

Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by suco01(m): 10:08am On Nov 21, 2019
davidque:
Lets not be quick to dispel superstitious beliefs, they do exist but it doesn't apply to all. It is best you collect your child's placenta and dispose it yourself. Burning to ashes is OK. Flushing down your toilet is OK too (it will decompose in the soak away), but burying is a no no. Animal (rats, cats,especially dogs) can easily smell the blood and dig it up. Eating is senseless. Just dispose it properly and give yourself rest of mind

If it is buried properly, no rodent/animals can sniff it and dig it up
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by inspitation: 10:09am On Nov 21, 2019
how its disposed doesnt matter but make sure its properly disposed mine was flushed down the toilet drain all na disposing
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Holysuck(m): 10:09am On Nov 21, 2019
Today is my birthday , nairalanders show me some love.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 21, 2019
okomile:
Well, I asked my son to flush down the placenta of his daughter immediately he brought it home from the hospital.

When I gave birth to my son, he came out and placenta went back. I was put to sleep and it was evacuated. What happened to it then, I don't know. I was naive then to ask my sister in law who was a nurse then grin

Grandma. Much respect ma.

1 Like

Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by paix(m): 10:13am On Nov 21, 2019
Jabioro:
How you dispose it doesn't not matter,what matters most is disposed it securely
You didn't answer the OP. What you're saying is like telling someone to be rich, it doesn't matter how the riches come. What matters is to be rich.

1 Like

Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by NaijaDonCast(m): 10:15am On Nov 21, 2019
bereanway:
If you think placenta is a joke, try to sell it to the occult and see how important it is.

Please burn it oooh!! to ashes!!!
yea it might be harmful to the kid spiritually or even the potential foetus coming out from that kpekus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC / Is Maturbation Healthy? / Ochofie Ijimbile: Police Inspector Commits Suicide In Aba (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.