Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,349 members, 7,780,938 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:54 AM

China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution (15000 Views)

Car Models From The Same And Different Brands That Share The Same Platforms / These Are The Longest-ever Living Car Models / Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by Automotive1(m): 5:32am On Dec 30, 2017
[img]https:///a/img923/8262/qvLdZx.jpg[/img]

[img]https:///a/img922/8493/eicnlc.jpg[/img]
People exercise in the smog on a polluted day in Zhengzhou, Henan province, China January 9, 2017

In another push to reduce city's harming emissions and its notorious smog ,China will effectively ban the local production of a total of 553 passenger car models starting from January 1. The announcement was made by the China Vehicle Technology Service Center, and affects vehicles that don't meet the country's fuel consumption and emissions requirements.

The full list of banned cars is unknown,but it includes models from Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Chevrolet, Volkswagen, and many more. Vehicles with internal codes FV7145LCDBG (Audi), BJ7302ETAL2 (Mercedes) and SGM7161DAA2 (Chevrolet), all of which are sedans, are affected by the sanction.

While 553 vehicles sounds like a lot, the secretary general of the China Passenger Car Association told the publication it's actually a very small percentage of passenger cars that are produced in China.

China is still finalizing its timetable to stop production and sales of internal combustion vehicles. The country’s government wants to switch entirely to what it calls new energy vehicles which includes hybrids, plug-in hybrids, electric Vehicles and fuel-cell models, and plans them to account for about 40 percent of all sales there by 2030.

China has tackled its chronic pollution problem by limiting steel production, restricting coal usage, and its multi year plan to phase out vehicles powered by petrol and diesel. But this is its first official ban of a specific list of polluting vehicles.

Source https://autojosh.com/china-ban-production-553-car-models-january-1-fight-air-pollution/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44

6 Likes

Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by rayblings(m): 5:48am On Dec 30, 2017
shocked shocked

Bang de de Deng!!!

China bans production of car models

In Nigeria use sand to make a car and you are a champion.

18 Likes

Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by mammanbawa: 6:52am On Dec 30, 2017
God help our nation.
Nailing wood together to make something that looks like a car makes someone a celeb.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by koolgee(m): 7:25am On Dec 30, 2017
We await the list!
Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by hardywaltz(m): 7:25am On Dec 30, 2017
Good one
Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by Riversides2003(m): 7:25am On Dec 30, 2017
They should bring the ones they already have to Nigeria cos in my country anything goes we don’t care.

11 Likes

Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by Beehshorp(m): 7:26am On Dec 30, 2017
People wey dey chop frog as meat kun get sense pass people wey dey chop cow

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by tstx(m): 7:26am On Dec 30, 2017
Good for them
Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by Edopesin: 7:26am On Dec 30, 2017
Sad Truth Is That Most Of These Cars Might Still End Up In Underdeveloped Countries, Like Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by Abbesuper123(m): 7:26am On Dec 30, 2017
Ok
Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by Atiku2019: 7:27am On Dec 30, 2017
Population Dilemma
Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by Aldebaran(m): 7:27am On Dec 30, 2017
That's a good country

China's city are very pollute

See smog everywhere like harmattan

5 Likes

Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by veacea: 7:28am On Dec 30, 2017
But Trump said climate change is not real now

4 Likes

Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by peter1994(m): 7:29am On Dec 30, 2017
Expect influx of cars to Naija soon cheesy
Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by colossus91(m): 7:29am On Dec 30, 2017
Lol and innoson is still tackling gtb I love Naija I swear grin

7 Likes

Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by mayskit4luv(m): 7:29am On Dec 30, 2017
Kk
Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by kings09(m): 7:30am On Dec 30, 2017
Nigeria - dumping ground
Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by jeeqaa7(m): 7:30am On Dec 30, 2017
J
Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by IsheriNorthGRA: 7:31am On Dec 30, 2017
Nigeria can't even ban cars/ trucks with bad engines polluting the air.

Read my signature.
Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by Oduok(m): 7:31am On Dec 30, 2017
Whereas the use of generator for electricity will increase in Nigeria from Jan 1.

1 Like

Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by Ruq: 7:31am On Dec 30, 2017
Beehshorp:

Reason am, for Yoruba na opolo (brain) dem dey chop so dem gaz get brain grin People Wey kon dey chow Cow come dey act like (eran) grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by sanerugwei: 7:32am On Dec 30, 2017
Interestingly this will also help them boost local content.
Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by herdekunley9ja(m): 7:32am On Dec 30, 2017
China and how other countries look at them...... they tooo stingy

3 Likes

Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:33am On Dec 30, 2017
veacea:

This ain't climate change.

This is pollution from fumes from too many engines.

It's localized to most Chinese cities and may be totally absent in the countryside where there are few to no vehicles.

2 Likes

Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by Jeromegwer: 7:33am On Dec 30, 2017
Abeg, why una go wan compare everything with 9ja, Abeg make una port those cars come here, I pass my neighbor smoke never kill us na Benz

4 Likes

Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 30, 2017
Back in October, I nearly laughed my eyes out the day I saw a Chinese using a nose protective clothing at the Ikeja domestic Airport.

I was like whatever air pollution you might encounter here is a learner to where you coming from.

So remove that clothing from your nose and be humble

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by 2016v2017: 7:34am On Dec 30, 2017
Beehshorp:
hahaha, Naija get muouth no be small.
but you too na Naija,why you no get sense pass China wey de eat frog?
Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by Realdeals(m): 7:36am On Dec 30, 2017
Had it been in Nigeria that govt make such decision, citizens would have been wailing!
Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by bluaero(m): 7:37am On Dec 30, 2017
veacea:

Oga this has nothing to do with climate change. This one is China's domestic pollution problem. The earth's climate has been changing since she was born. Has nothing to do with human activity. We once had an ice age remember?

2 Likes

Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by olamilekside2: 7:37am On Dec 30, 2017
so!
Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by 2016v2017: 7:40am On Dec 30, 2017
alexistaiwo:
Back in October, I nearly laughed my eyes out the day I saw a Chinese using a nose protective clothing at the Ikeja domestic Airport.

I was like whatever air pollution you might encounter here is a learner to where you coming from.

So remove that clothing from your nose and be humble
why didn't you tell him that? they like to claim big

3 Likes

Re: China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution by drey69(m): 7:43am On Dec 30, 2017
We care less about things like that down here. Only an educated leader would know if the atmosphere is undergoing pollution

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watch Range Rover Sport Beats Ferrari's Record On China's 99-turn Tianmen Road / Can I Use Kerosine To Run My Deisel Engine / The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.