Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 (36847 Views)

Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders / Leah Olusiyi Solomon Knelt And Cried Before President Buhari In Aso Rock. Photos / Read This Before President Osinbanjo Deletes It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by OAM4J: 4:04pm On Dec 30, 2017
Saintp:

It is because none of you have genuine love for Nigeria. All you guys care about is the love you have for your favorite politicians. Some people's interest is to protect GEJ and PDP image while some others are just here to protect the image of APC and PMB, no real love for the country.

This is why what you see on political section is APC, PDP, IPOB, Afonja, SW, SE, North, GEJ, PMB, Zombie, Wailer etc because that is the only thing you guys care about. I don't think there are up to 1% of nairalanders that care about this country.

Sometimes it is better to even look at boobs in sexuality section than to comment on this section.

The bold is one of the examples of my observation. You don't just spit out your opinion / thinking for fact.

How do you know the bold for fact? Do you know how i feel about Nigeria or the state of mind of everyone to make such "reckless" statement? Have you conducted any research to this effect.

I am not even debating or arguing for or against the topic. I only noted my observation in the way some people debate/argue here.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by samuel2018: 4:04pm On Dec 30, 2017
Black Men Are Stupid, They Worship Their Scandal-Ridden Religion Leaders Like Their gods- USA President, Donald Trump.
"A black man is stupid to the extent that he cannot plan for his life beyond a year. Therefore how can they developed and live longer?
Corruption in West (And China) is a big abomination, but in Africa, it is so huge that it is slowly becoming an acceptable way of life."
"They sing and rejoice to their corrupt political leaders. They worship their scandal-ridden religions leaders like their gods.
Lest you forget, these so called Africans are praising, dancing, and praying for the people that impoverished them, and who comes to hide their loots in United States here."
Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by progress69: 4:04pm On Dec 30, 2017
sanpipita:

You go ad hominem as expected, one thing you should know is I won't come here to spread lies and deceive people cos of stipends you lied about Iweala's statement your soulless soul knows that, the ECA funds brouhaha is well documented governors forced FG to share the money, I expect while you ask what FG did with their share also ask what governors did with their own share, they are still sharing money today why are we not asking questions?

I won't waste my time on a low life propagandist like you, if you think lying and misrepresenting facts is better way for this country I can only wish you goodluck

lied about Iweala's statement? where and how?
besides the issue of ECA sharing have been thrashed over and over again on NL, and even by femi falana.
i wont help educate u, use ur head and phone or laptop to search and read. after which u can decide to believe whatever u want.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 30, 2017
Saintp:

It is because none of you have genuine love for Nigeria. All you guys care about is the love you have for your favorite politicians. Some people's interest is to protect GEJ and PDP image while some others are just here to protect the image of APC and PMB, no real love for the country.

This is why what you see on political section is APC, PDP, IPOB, Afonja, SW, SE, North, GEJ, PMB, Zombie, Wailer etc because that is the only thing you guys care about. I don't think there are up to 1% of nairalanders that care about this country.

Sometimes it is better to even look at boobs in sexuality section than to comment on this section.
favourite politician lmao
if dats d case atiku's goons suppose full hia
i will have u dat in SS dy are still ppl who dislike gej
only SW carry ds politics thing like do or die
remove d core north who love power more dan anything other regions care less
Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by Johnrake69: 4:08pm On Dec 30, 2017
progress69:
In the face of the recession Nigeria is currently coming out from, there have been several attacks on the current administration.

Here are 5 indisputable facts before the current government came into power. Recall that as at Dec 2014, oil price was still above $64/barrel.

1. 27 state governors were owing back log of salaries as at May 2015 when this government took over hence the bail out funds approved for governors. Despite this bail out funds, many refused to meet their obligations.

Buhari in ‘bailout’ meeting with governors- June 23; 2015

Why have Governors refused to pay salaries, allowances in spite of bailout funds? - Dec 30, 2015

2. Federal Government was borrowing to pay 2015 salaries.-May 6, 2015

Nigeria borrows to pay salaries with cash crunch worsening. (Vanguard)

3. Oil marketers were owed billions, led to a fuel scarcity that paralyzed Nigeria, even banks were closing before time, telecoms operators were sending texts about expected disruptions (never in Nigeria have this happened until 2015)

Nigeria fuel shortage cripples businesses, banks and flights - 25 May 2015

4. Okonjo-Iweala who many people in the opposition believe would have done better or saved the economy warned of tougher times as oil slipped low to about $76.

Brace for tougher times ahead, Okonjo-Iweala tells Nigerians -NOV 2014

5. Falling Foreign Reserves

Nigeria’s foreign reserves drop to $29.13 billion

With the above facts, every sane discerning mind will see that Nigeria was already in a mess before the change of power.

The question everyone should be asking now is where are the infrastructural developments that can justify all the money Nigeria made in the past 16 years of PDP's rule particularly in the last 7 years of PDP's rule when Nigeria made alot of money from crude oil sales?

Please stop deceiving Nigerians. Buhari haven't done anything different from previous Governments. Under his administration the cost of governance has gone overboard. Go and look at the budget the FG's recurrent budget has more than doubled.

Where is the national carrier he promised. He told us he would convert the presidential jets to our national carrier, I guess recession affected it's implementation. Buhari funded Boko haram with €2million and now looking for $1 billion to fight same Boko haram.

2 Likes

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by Chukazu: 4:08pm On Dec 30, 2017
Does this also explain the reason he appointed dead people to head agencies and keep sending "padded budgets to national assembly for the past two years?

3 Likes

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by Kdon2: 4:08pm On Dec 30, 2017
progress69:
In the face of the recession Nigeria is currently coming out from, there have been several attacks on the current administration.

Here are 5 indisputable facts before the current government came into power. Recall that as at Dec 2014, oil price was still above $64/barrel.

1. 27 state governors were owing back log of salaries as at May 2015 when this government took over hence the bail out funds approved for governors. Despite this bail out funds, many refused to meet their obligations.

Buhari in ‘bailout’ meeting with governors- June 23; 2015

Why have Governors refused to pay salaries, allowances in spite of bailout funds? - Dec 30, 2015

2. Federal Government was borrowing to pay 2015 salaries.-May 6, 2015

Nigeria borrows to pay salaries with cash crunch worsening. (Vanguard)

3. Oil marketers were owed billions, led to a fuel scarcity that paralyzed Nigeria, even banks were closing before time, telecoms operators were sending texts about expected disruptions (never in Nigeria have this happened until 2015)

Nigeria fuel shortage cripples businesses, banks and flights - 25 May 2015

4. Okonjo-Iweala who many people in the opposition believe would have done better or saved the economy warned of tougher times as oil slipped low to about $76.

Brace for tougher times ahead, Okonjo-Iweala tells Nigerians -NOV 2014

5. Falling Foreign Reserves

Nigeria’s foreign reserves drop to $29.13 billion

With the above facts, every sane discerning mind will see that Nigeria was already in a mess before the change of power.

The question everyone should be asking now is where are the infrastructural developments that can justify all the money Nigeria made in the past 16 years of PDP's rule particularly in the last 7 years of PDP's rule when Nigeria made alot of money from crude oil sales?

He is just not the man to fix the mess. He is a misfit he has no business I this shark infested nigeria political waters. It ll swallow him. Abeg sentiment apart,what exactly were his antecedents in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by Teacher1776(m): 4:08pm On Dec 30, 2017
progress69:
my brother, we all know the havoc terrorists caused on oil pipelines and and installations. for almost a year the president had to deal with that issue with oil price going as low as $28/barrel. Now crude oil have started picking up, and we are getting more revenue from diversification efforts, we can see some improvement with Nigeria gradually sliding our of recession. This is not about being a Buharist, we have to be fair. Our National reserves have started growing despite all the harsh conditions, things are gradually beginning to improve. by the end of 2018, much difference would have been notice. All i want now is for Baba to put an eagle eye on desperadoes like Atiku who will do anything to sabotage the government to grab power that he can never reach. Sai baba
kobo kobo journalist,
please desist from the blame game. It makes you look stupid and empty. Just advising you.
Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by sanpipita(m): 4:11pm On Dec 30, 2017
progress69:

lied about Iweala's statement? where and how?
besides the issue of ECA sharing have been thrashed over and over again on NL, and even by femi falana.
i won't help educate u, use ur head and phone or laptop to search and read. after which u can decide to believe whatever u want.

Let this be your guide https://www.thecable.ng/okonjo-iweala-govs-not-gej-lacked-will-save/amp I pray some in this country truth will be our culture cos we can't progress with lies and deceit
Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by Jaideyone(m): 4:13pm On Dec 30, 2017
sanpipita:

Hasn't this govt been spending too, and paying subsidy illegally I wonder why you guys are fixated on GEJ, is he contesting in 2019, face the failure you voted in and leave GEJ alone, he is miles better than dullard
you are very dull. PMB has been spending too. he met the reserves at 28b dollars and it currently stands at 35b dollars. how come the reserve is rising now that oil is lesser than 60dollars and it was falling when oil was between 70-110 dollars under Jonathan? stop being foolish grin use your brain before you argue.

as long as illiterates like you try to blame pmb for the recession without acknowledging the fact that your otueke thief Jonathan wasted our golden opportunity to save we will continue to hit you with facts and figures. olodo
Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by sanpipita(m): 4:14pm On Dec 30, 2017
Johnrake69:

Please stop deceiving Nigerians. Buhari haven't done anything different from previous Governments. Under his administration the cost of governance has gone overboard. Go and look at the budget the FG's recurrent budget has more than doubled.

Where is the national carrier he promised. He told us he would convert the presidential jets to our national carrier, I guess recession affected it's implementation. Buhari funded Boko haram with €2million and now looking for $1 billion to fight same Boko haram.

See well meaning Nigerians should come out and challenge the lies of this evil govt and their followers they want to totally ruin this country, a govt that has spent trillions with nothing to show for it still wants to go on a blame game, Nigerians should stay woke

1 Like

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by progress69: 4:14pm On Dec 30, 2017
OAM4J:

Lol. I feel your pain.

It is difficult debating here these days. Reason some of us just read and move on. There are 2 categories of people here that are difficult to debate with. Those who see no wrong with their beloved in power and those who see no good with the ones they dislike in power.

You will only get sentiments instead of logic and objectivity, conjectures / fairytale instead of logic / comon sense and facts.

While we constantly disagreed with each other those days, we never got so passionate to throw away objectivity in our arguments and we would not substitute our personal opinions for facts. And facts must come from reliable and reputable source. We didn't even value wiki links as a reliable source of facts compare to the way people now take a Facebook post or a blog's bedroom conjectures and view points for fact.

And then only sound arguments with facts got liked by others. Imagine instead of someone disputing your post with sound counter argument, he only responded by calling you zombie and yet got many likes.

Believe me you have tried. I have to come out from my ghost mode to make this note.

#BackToGhostMode

lol, bosses! I feel you. sometimes i just usually have their time,
if u want likes on NL this days
just say buhari is mad, Zombie, on any other silly thing, the kids will rush in grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by progress69: 4:17pm On Dec 30, 2017
Teacher1776:

kobo kobo journalist,
please desist from the blame game. It makes you look stupid and empty. Just advising you.

stick ur advice deep down your shit hole. if by now u d dont know every politician blame, even in advance countries, then its not my fault if your brain is not developing at normal speed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by sanpipita(m): 4:19pm On Dec 30, 2017
Jaideyone:
you are very dull. PMB has been spending too. he met the reserves at 28b dollars and it currently stands at 35b dollars. how come the reserve is rising now that oil is lesser than 60dollars and it was falling when oil was between 70-110 dollars under Jonathan? stop being foolish grin use your brain before you argue

Guess you are too dumb to realize foreign reserves isn't what you think it is, you probably think it's an account we can withdraw money anytime, I pity ignoramuses like you, reason our foreign reserves is high is cos this govt decided to sale our euro bonds there is nothing magical about what they are doing, our foreign reserves will take a hit once the effects of the sold bonds are gone, we have been here before.

1 Like

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by progress69: 4:19pm On Dec 30, 2017
Johnrake69:

God forbid i engage u. lol

1 Like

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by progress69: 4:21pm On Dec 30, 2017
leezzz:

obama did not blame bush for everything throughout his tenure ffs
like i asked are u guys in nigeria at all
if u are for ur own safety dont utter ds blame tin outside o
nigerians are really angry right now
d only tin dy are waiting for is 2019 so dy can kick ds 404 error out

you have shifted gear from Obama never blamed bah? kotinu grin

Nigerians or ipod yoots? is it Atiku u want to bring in cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by GavelSlam: 4:29pm On Dec 30, 2017
9jakohai:

We already have the facts sir...the question is....when do you stop blaming and start fixing the problem.

When PMB came into office, the problem were there....and his response was to not appoint a cabinet...leaving the drifting ship in a worse state.

Plus,,,,what is APC's plan to get our economy off oil?

And why didn't you guys deregulate pms...since subsidy is a scam?

You keep screaming deregulation without making an avenue for this to function without punishing the masses.

The country needs an alternative to our government-owned refineries.

Until Dangote or whoever produces locally, there can be no deregulation.
Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 30, 2017
progress69:

you have shifted gear from Obama never blamed bah? kotinu grin

Nigerians or ipod yoots? is it Atiku u want to bring in cheesy
i really feel for you
but one good thing that came out of ds stupid politics apc played is that it opened d efulefus eyes dt ds one nigeria ruse is exactly what it is
a ruse

1 Like

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by introvertme: 4:41pm On Dec 30, 2017
naijaboy756:
Thread for the recipients of N30K allawi. oya tell us about the 1984 recession. Buhari holds a record with the Guiness book of records. The only human in human history to,have led an economy into recession twice even without a WAEC cert

when will it occur to you that nigeria has been led by fools for the past 57 years?

Don't come here and make it look like Jonathan was the saviour of this nation,neither APC or PDP can save us from the mess we're in cos they're both corrupt

1 Like

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by Johnrake69: 4:54pm On Dec 30, 2017
progress69:

God forbid i engage u. lol

You see why you're full of deceit? If the €2million ransom your Buhari paid to Boko haram shouldn't be seen as funding Boko haram, I wonder the rational of you condemning previous govts.
Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by kaymandak(m): 4:56pm On Dec 30, 2017
Ipobpigs we not remember this...fools
Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by Ugosample(m): 5:04pm On Dec 30, 2017
2cato:
When buhari was making promise opon promise was the op sleeping
I can see that buhari and his bmc are the dumbest of all humans.

Don't mind them

The damage Buhari has caused this country will take two terms to repair
Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by Ugosample(m): 5:07pm On Dec 30, 2017
emmie14:

Your senses are complete. Thump up because you are talking about individual qualities and capabilities not party. A human being said that Tinubu made him vote for Buhari.

That person is a goat
Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by Jaideyone(m): 5:22pm On Dec 30, 2017
sanpipita:

Guess you are too dumb to realize foreign reserves isn't what you think it is, you probably think it's an account we can withdraw money anytime, I pity ignoramuses like you, reason our foreign reserves is high is cos this govt decided to sale our euro bonds there is nothing magical about what they are doing, our foreign reserves will take a hit once the effects of the sold bonds are gone, we have been here before.
Olodo foreign reserve is where the government keeps money in foreign currencies for the purpose of trade in order to defend the local currency when there is shortage of the foreign currency in circulation. was it not dollars that GEJ was sharing to the obas and PDP delegates? we've not forgotten the one he approved for NIA DG that was found in ikoyi!!! instead of putting money in our foreign reserve Jonathan spent recklessly!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by bezimo(m): 5:22pm On Dec 30, 2017
If things were bad going by the Ops submission..then Bingohari made things worse by his daft decisions and should not continue to make things worst.

He is so incompetent that at a time when things became worse because he is a daft president that even his wife threatened not to vote for him come 2019 should things remain so. Yet blind APC sycophants like the Op are yarning garbage when the retrogressing indices is clear to the blind that Bingohari was a minumental mistake that must not be repeated.
Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by billante(m): 5:22pm On Dec 30, 2017
progress69:

lol, bosses! I feel you. sometimes i just usually have their time,
if u want likes on NL this days
just say buhari is mad, Zombie, on any other silly thing, the kids will rush in grin

When those bashing Gej PEJ and co 3 yrs ago were getting hundreds of likes, you were there opening your 32 and it was sweeting your belle

Now it seems tables has turned....sad reality of life
Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by progress69: 5:24pm On Dec 30, 2017
leezzz:

i really feel for you
but one good thing that came out of ds stupid politics apc played is that it opened d efulefus eyes dt ds one nigeria ruse is exactly what it is
a ruse

Because ur favorite candidate lost?

U have not seen anything, 2019 is just the beginning!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by progress69: 5:27pm On Dec 30, 2017
Johnrake69:

You see why you're full of deceit? If the €2million ransom your Buhari paid to Boko haram shouldn't be seen as funding Boko haram, I wonder the rational of you condemning previous govts.

Should I remind u how much GEJ paid to scammers in the name of Chibok girls too? Imagine a whole FG conned.
Was that money meant to sponsor BH too?
In b/w it is only u that know how and that €2m was paid. Were u the negotiator grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by yaki84: 5:28pm On Dec 30, 2017
rottennaija:
The Akwa ibom state government is still owing backlog of salaries and promotions arrears.
r u a civil servant in akwaibom?
Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by progress69: 5:29pm On Dec 30, 2017
billante:

When those bashing Gej PEJ and co 3 yrs ago were getting hundreds of likes, you were there opening your 32 and it was sweeting your belle

Now it seems tables has turned....sad reality of life

Smh.....the name callings to APC supporters have beem a weapon even b4 the elections, fro m supporter of APC to others...lol.
GEJ got matured bashings....not this kindergarten noise u guys make here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by billante(m): 5:31pm On Dec 30, 2017
progress69:

Smh.....the name callings to APC supporters have beem a weapon even b4 the elections, fro m supporter of APC to others...lol.
GEJ got matured bashings....not this kindergarten noise u guys make here

No i Disagree....its the same
Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by VULCAN(m): 5:34pm On Dec 30, 2017
Was that one of the campaign promises in 2014?

It's obvious you're a paid BMC but I appreciate you trying to take an intellectual tone instead of the confrontational one some of your less educated colleagues take. Kudos

Toketimt:

U are right on point however there is need to constantly remind Nigerians where we are coming from knowing fully well that my country men are highly forgetful.
Much is expected no doubt but will take appreciable time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government / Imo PDP Beat, Attack Residents, Want Ihedioha Declared Winner / Musa Yar'adua With His Sons Umaru And Shehu Yar'adua: Throwback Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.