Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions (44785 Views)

I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions / Nigerian Army Begins 2018 Recruitment Of 77 Regular Recruits: How To Apply / All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 31, 2017
lereinter:

why do u want to join the army

stop being sentimental

if you love their activities and passionate abt them

the ball is in your court

Yes oo buh d pix na oyinbo army na

Our own.na for grnd nd na mostly reptile nd rat dem deh chop

Buh I lyk am lyk dat
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Abfinest007(m): 10:24am On Dec 31, 2017
if u apply ssce u will have no rant and for d salary is 48k for starters and u wil b due for promoter every five five years u wil b promoted to last corper
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by olayinka63: 10:36am On Dec 31, 2017
Majority of those replying you are not into Nigerian Army. I will advice you consult three or four middle ranks army in a different occasion , ask them your questions and compare their response, afterwards you make your decision. You will find those armies roaming the street, they are human, approach them.
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Richy4(m): 10:39am On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:

Lol I already tried killing myself thrice didn't work

Bring it on
All die na die

Assuming I was the Army recruiting officer, this statement alone has qualified you to join all the best man smiley
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Obodo999(m): 10:40am On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:
I am 21
I have my ssce result
I would love to apply for the 77rri 2017/2018 army recruitment exercise

What should I expect during the screening/ exercise?
Am igbo,hope it won't affect?
What rank would I be given if I reg with my ssce?
Is it possible for me to attend a university while in the army?

If Its possible, when am done would I be offered promotion based on my new qualification?

If not what is the highest possible rank.I can achieve with throughtout if I apply with my ssce result?
Thanks

What is d salary structure like?

Your reasons for seeking to join the Army are wrong
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 31, 2017
2chainzz:
Mr man why not try going for NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY (NDA).
Oga has spoken!
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by mainkendo: 10:43am On Dec 31, 2017
How about the trade sector of the recruit. Pls can someone give an enlightenment on what it is all about.
Thanks
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Modenzy: 10:50am On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:

Guy I drank.small sniper I saw my Great grand father I swear
this guy funny i swear
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 31, 2017
@Op

Pick the form
Register online
Wait for screening (Before it use to be state screening before zonal screening, but now I think it's only zonal screening that you will undergo)
They will check your BP, check your anus (for pile) check your balls ( to make sure it's two) check if you have been operated before. Attitude test, x-ray test, oral test and physical test (running). What drops most people is fear of not been picked, which will make there BP to rise, and once you have high BP you will be disqualified. If you qualify for the training ,the training is in zaria (depot Nigeria army) you will be welcomed with frog jump from the first gate to the parade ground. After three months you will be paid 3months allowance (arrears) and then you will be recieving monthly allowance every month for three more months. The first two weeks will be hard and painful for You, but if you persevere and endure the pains without running away from training for a month, the rest will be easy, the more the months, the less the stress. You will be a private soldier (rank) with a salary of 49k. Your been igbo doesn't stop you from joining, just that it is more competitive, out of 1000 potential recruits, only 90 or less will be taken. As for getting commissioned later, you need to have bsc or its equivalents, serve the army for 15years (I heard it have been reduced to 12) with the rank of a Sgt before you can apply for executive commission, the training will take 3months after which you will become a full lieutenant. Your rank won't exceed major before retirement. But if you don't go for the commissioning, your highest rank will be Army warrant officer (Awo) which is hard to get, but you can become a master warrant officer, that will be after many years in the army.

Follow your mind. Good luck

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by booblacain(m): 11:03am On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:

Lol I already tried killing myself thrice didn't work

Bring it on
All die na die

You tried to kill yourself three times you did not succeed, now you want to join army to go kill other people. It's like you like killing.
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by redangel2017: 11:03am On Dec 31, 2017
I will join USA ARMY for free.. Than join Nigerian army.. Truth is.. Even if I join the US army for free my family will be rich.. Value means alot..when they run short of ppl for sambisa they throw open there applications.. Mtcheww angry

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Thomas333(m): 11:05am On Dec 31, 2017
Better go to university and join as an officer or you go just they suffer because na low rank them go give u if u joint as ssce student level.
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Dlapezzi(m): 11:06am On Dec 31, 2017
Damn, lol
gbosaa:

If you tried killing your self 3x and failed, how do you think you can succeed in killing another person?
When faced with a certain situation and you have just a round in your mag to take out that enemy, failure would not be an option, you need to make that decision and act with precision.

If you’ve tried taking your life 3x as you said, you need to sort yourself out. Military isn’t for people with questionable mental health issues.
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 31, 2017
booblacain:

You tried to kill yourself three times you did not succeed, now you want to join army to go kill other people. It's like you like killing.

Lol guy
Mayb or mayb not
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by IMASTEX: 11:07am On Dec 31, 2017
PatrickOkunima:

My question to you is, are you ready to die for Nigeria? If No, please consider an alternative career. Do not join the military as a last resort or as a means to escape unemployment.

Al the best!
You spoke brilliantly. Nice question and remark at the bolded. Though, if he performs excellently during the academic work at the training camp. He stands to pass out as non combatant. I.e admin, school, health, etc
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by cattyfundz(m): 11:11am On Dec 31, 2017
bro av u ever been late to school? that one na play... army work na die.... GOD gat ur back jes be ready for series of test
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 31, 2017
Dlapezzi:
Damn, lol

Wetin b lol there
His mental capacity might b below mine sef
I hate setling for less
Mayb dats y

Killing someone is easy buh for d right reasons only

Mayb d life events I uave faced have hardened my heart
Is dat nt what d millitary needs , no b bobo juice oo or boys scout
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 31, 2017
IMASTEX:

You spoke brilliantly. Nice question and remark at the bolded. Though, if he performs excellently during the academic work at the training camp. He stands to pass out as non combatant. I.e admin, school, health, etc

Serious
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 31, 2017
Obodo999:

Your reasons for seeking to join the Army are wrong

How wrong
I intend giving my best buh as with everything in life , I intend getting d best outta it
What's wrong with me trying to further my education while serving
Or even getting a very nice rank
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 31, 2017
Richy4:

Assuming I was the Army recruiting officer, this statement alone has qualified you to join all the best man smiley
Tanx baba
morale high
Lemme get dat degree first , ama apply nd serve my country
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Zinny25(f): 11:19am On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:
I am 21
I have my ssce result

If Its possible, when am done would I be offered promotion based on my new qualification?

If not what is the highest possible rank.I can achieve with throughtout if I apply with my ssce result?
Thanks

I think the NDA is a University on its own. Just that they combine training with theirs. I think it's about a 5 years course. After the 4yrs, u concentrate on your field in the final year which is the 5th year. It's either u r in the Navy, Army or Airforce. During this time those in the Navy are called midshipman. Subsequently after graduation that's pop u become a Lieutenant or Sub Lieutenant not too sure. All the best tho, it's hard to get in there if you don't have a big shot up there, I hv met pple who even converted to another religion just to be there. The training is tedious, people die oooo. The salary is cool. Mouth watering...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by showboy2301: 11:22am On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:

Is it dat bad ?
I did 4years under Army, d pain,agony n neglect, abuse of a soldier is too much. U av no right no matter how small, u r a killing machine n u dnt exist no matter wot u tink u are. Answer to all ur questions is 'don't do it if you av choices in life or if u want to make impact in life'

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:
I am 21
I have my ssce result

Thanks

Firstly it’s “I’m” not “am”,correct your grammar
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 31, 2017
showboy2301:
I did 4years under Army, d pain,agony n neglect, abuse of a soldier is too much. U av no right no matter how small, u r a killing machine n u dnt exist no matter wot u tink u are. Answer to all ur questions is 'don't do it if you av choices in life or if u want to make impact in life'

Bros y did u quit / go awol na

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by tomtyte02(m): 11:25am On Dec 31, 2017
amzee:
HAVE YOU TRIED DRINKING 1 CAN OF SNIPER?

IT WORKS FASTER
Speaking from experience. Lol
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by tomtyte02(m): 11:30am On Dec 31, 2017
gbosaa:

If you tried killing your self 3x and failed, how do you think you can succeed in killing another person?
When faced with a certain situation and you have just a round in your mag to take out that enemy, failure would not be an option, you need to make that decision and act with precision.

If you’ve tried taking your life 3x as you said, you need to sort yourself out. Military isn’t for people with questionable mental health issues.

In summary, youre asking him to succeed at killing himself first then he will succeed in the army. Tiri gbosa for you.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:
I am 21
I have my ssce result

Thanks

The minimum qualification for tge non-commission officers is SSCE while tge maximum is diploma certificate. The maximum rank for this is Master warrant officer. If you are able to further and get a BSc or HND, you will then apply for presidential commission to tge rank of lieutenant as the case may be.

NOTE
* nobody should deceive you that without godfather you cannot further your education. Is a lie.. I know a lot of other ranks who are BSc and MSc holders. Note that your salary as SSCE holder in the military is a level 8 basic salary of 50,000.00 or there about.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Cuteamigo1(m): 11:42am On Dec 31, 2017
Melchizedek1:
@Op

Pick the form
Register online
Wait for screening (Before it use to be state screening before zonal screening, but now I think it's only zonal screening that you will undergo)
They will check your BP, check your anus (for pile) check your balls ( to make sure it's two) check if you have been operated before. Attitude test, x-ray test, oral test and physical test (running). What drops most people is fear of not been picked, which will make there BP to rise, and once you have high BP you will be disqualified. If you qualify for the training ,the training is in zaria (depot Nigeria army) you will be welcomed with frog jump from the first gate to the parade ground. After three months you will be paid 3months allowance (arrears) and then you will be recieving monthly allowance every month for three more months. You will be a private soldier (rank) with a salary of 49k. Your been igbo doesn't stop you from joining, just that it is more competitive, out of 1000 potential recruits, only 90 or less will be taken. As for getting commissioned later, you need to have bsc or its equivalents, serve the army for 15years (I heard it have been reduced to 12) with the rank of a Sgt before you can apply for executive commission, the training will take 3months after which you will become a full lieutenant. But your rank won't exceed major before retirement. But if you don't go for the commissioning, your highest rank will be Army warrant officer (Awo) but it's hard to get, but you can become a warrant officers, that will be after many years in the army.

Follow your mind. Good luck
of all the things you said only one thing got ny attention. please when you said check your anus, with what?
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 31, 2017
tomtyte02:

In summary, youre asking him to succeed at killing himself first then he will succeed in the army. Tiri gbosa for you.

The boy is full of silly fantasy. Military isn’t for people with such questionable mental health.
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 31, 2017
gbosaa:

The boy is full of silly fantasy. Military isn’t for people with such questionable mental health.

Silly fantasy and questionable mental health , u say!!
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Gentlesniper(m): 11:51am On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:

I dnt have any mental issues
Just family probz, pple who.always undermine me, make.me feel worthless nd stupid dats all
Though am introverted buh dat shouldn't b a problem

Nd are u n d millitary ?

Someone who survived cult life should also b able to.survive in.the millitary right?
Lol, i just dey laff you. surviving your everyday cult has nothing to do with surviving in the millitary. I think your main aim of wanting to join the army is to prove a point to people who always undermine you, rather than to serve the nation, then u gats have a rethink. But then why not settle down and get your bsc, then go for the direct short service course since its age limit is i think from 21-35 or atleast within that range. I wish you all the very best
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by tomtyte02(m): 11:51am On Dec 31, 2017
gbosaa:

He never talk true. Na admission into University him need.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Business Can I Start With 100k Very Urgent !!! / #dangote Cement Plc Vacancies And Recruitment# / Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.