Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University (47972 Views)

Is Adeleke University, Ede The Most Beautiful Private University In Nigeria? / Lecturer Stands On A Table To Invigilate During Exam In A Private University / Five Reasons Why You Shouldn't Attend A Public University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by ubox: 8:41am On Dec 31, 2017
AnodaIT:
Pls is there any private university that doesn't treat adults like kids
No matter the cost, I want to recommend for my nephew

The father says he is training him to be a manager, that the rules of private schools would not help his pikin in independent decision making
Try American university of Nigeria
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:42am On Dec 31, 2017
Nigerians are really funny, I'm on a neutralist on this issue....yes private schools have their rules that make people look like kids but the way public students undermine the education in private schools makes it look like they have inventions of their own or their names are in chemistry textbooks because they brought their own theory or law...But the real issue boils down to the individual and not the school.
I study computer science in a private school and I can defend what I study anywhere in the world because I can code, build web apps, work on real life projects, understand client-relationship and I'm doing my best to make myself ready for the labour market.
I'm not an advocate of any one because I have attended the two and seen their downsides.
So please nor vex make all una go siddon

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 31, 2017
AnodaIT:
Pls is there any private university that doesn't treat adults like kids
No matter the cost, I want to recommend for my nephew

The father says he is training him to be a manager, that the rules of private schools would not help his pikin in independent decision making

Igbinedion Uni, its secular not faith based
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by nady94: 8:43am On Dec 31, 2017
Matured graduate from a public uniform, op you should say something better. So many private universities give their student wholistic education where public schools give their student a partial education, you should send ur ward to a Christian private school and see how he turns out to be outstanding not just book wise but in all sphere if his life.
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by imustsaymymindo: 8:44am On Dec 31, 2017
LOVEGINO:
poverty no good oo.

Poverty is a disease. See how the op is so used to being poor. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by grandstar(m): 8:48am On Dec 31, 2017
This is a very weak article and it lacks substance.

As long as the courses offered by private universities have been accredited, they are good to go.

"Why be righteous overmuch, why bring desolation upon yourself," said the wise king Solomon in Ecclesiastes 7:16.
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Bluehill1051: 8:48am On Dec 31, 2017
DrayZee:

Don't just sit down in your house and start typing anything you feel like. If you don't have money to go for private, nobody is forcing you. Go to your public in peace. Don't disturb the rest of us.
See one of them
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by NigerianScholar: 8:48am On Dec 31, 2017
AdaFonju:
The truth is most nigerians only consider the private institutions when their wards don't get admission into the public ones, I believe that alone speaks volumes.

Chose to study computer science in unilag. Saw the advert for babcock university online. Applied last minute. Got my admission before the post utme was announced for unilag. I am ahead of most of my mates that we applied for unilag together. No regrets

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Bluehill1051: 8:49am On Dec 31, 2017
TheUbermensch:

Lol. Load of horsecrap.

It's not a matter of money. It's a matter of values. Lol. Visit federal schools round the country and meet rich people. That is the only thing y'all private schools know. Money. So you believe it's because you have money that's the reason you attend a private uni? Or you and your guardians don't understand the worth or importance of qualitative education.

How about getting a degree that would have some worth. Some value. Finishing school and be able to speak to people with all sense of pride.

You finish from a private uni and come out with all shades of inferiority complex.
Fact spoken!
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Jaydenjohnson(m): 8:50am On Dec 31, 2017
Stevengerd:
Alot Of resistriction
Its called discipline
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by BagWay: 8:51am On Dec 31, 2017
my private uni bich is coming over soon.
i go use fuc take wound am for good 3days.
she wud always come back running
to me.

yeahhg.
i love biu and igbenedion biches n oda private uni biches

shout to all pussys dah af beeb touched by my big D

you cannot call me small doctor
aagghnnn aaiiighhnnn
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by 7lives: 8:54am On Dec 31, 2017
DrayZee:

I had admission into FUTO. I rejected it and did an A Level programme in Uniport, then gained 200 level admission into Mechanical engineering. I still rejected it and went private.
And most private universities release their admission lists before public universities. By the time the public universities are admitting students, their counterparts in private universities would have even matriculated or started exams. So what are you saying?
Most of you don't even know what you're saying. You believe everything people tell you.

They don't know that graduates of private unis are getting good jobs because of their parents status in the country.
Imagine a graduate of CU, AU, BELLS or PAN AM hustling for jobs.
A friend told me about how two girls who lives in her compound got jobs and eight months later, the bought their own cars.
I was like what kind of jobs could that be?, more over which university did they graduated from?.
She said CU, she said all their friends who are also students of CU are now employed.
Even the woman said if she could raise enough money, her girls too will school at CU.
My daughter is currently at Bells and I'm happy about it, I cannot allow my child to past through what I passed through, especially the accommodation situation and the ASUU palaver.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by chalsixtus(m): 8:59am On Dec 31, 2017
Please attach the name of your private university to your comment let's know how to direct the fireballs.

For una mind all private universities are equal ?
At the end the day you still run to my public university to run Masters
Those talking about dilapidated buildings you have myopic minds how about you visit these public institutions and see for yourselves

You think we don't know about the sorting bribery and sexual gratifications for grades that go on in private universities
These same private universities house drug addicts as students
Even a popular private university in the west weed and every other hard drugs are being abused
Keep deceiving yourselves
I rep University of Port Harcourt !
If you feel you worth your salt as a Private uni graduate bring it on .
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by agwaisrael(m): 9:07am On Dec 31, 2017
@op, I didn't have to read the bull crap you had to write.

I can give you more than 200 reasons to not study in a government university.

Let's all stay and mind our businesses while we focus on what works for us.
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by ImaIma1(f): 9:07am On Dec 31, 2017
Public University makes you more independent and develop your decision making. You make your decisions and deal with the consequences. No one is dictating to you on what to do.

I couldn't imagine attending a private university and not being able to leave school anytime,cook my own food,use a phone...

I won't put my kids in Private University. They can't be behaving like kids when they should be adults.
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by chalsixtus(m): 9:11am On Dec 31, 2017
The only point I will accept regards Private university graduates is the proliferation of private establishments by their graduates making it more like a cult practice where it becomes difficult for public university graduates to break through but the handful of public university graduates who finally break through we always out do them at work place and even when we eventually run Msc abroad you see public uni graduates shining.

Winning the argument here on NL isn't all there is , ask yourself as a student public or private are making the best from the time n money spent in school ??
Its all about personal development ✌
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by agwaisrael(m): 9:11am On Dec 31, 2017
When Nigerian youths will spend time being productive and stop participating in these insane arguments.

Instead of pointing out issues, why not find a solution.

Cheap popularity junkie.
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 31, 2017
NigerianScholar:

Chose to study computer science in unilag. Saw the advert for babcock university online. Applied last minute. Got my admission before the post utme was announced for unilag. I am ahead of most of my mates that we applied for unilag together. No regrets

You know Unilag didn't offer you admission. Please, accept my condolence. Persuade yourself all you can by saying you are ahead. Equally let the world know you're ahead just by the academic calendar and nothing more. How would you opt for that Seven Days Adventist school to face hell for four years and at the end, have nothing tangible to show for it? If you had written Covenant, I may have kept my cool but Babcock? You know you aren't enjoying that hellish experience right now.
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:13am On Dec 31, 2017
Let truth be told, Nigerians mostly resort to private after haven been denied admission in public unis.
I stand to be corrected, it's much more easier, if you can pay the bills, to secure admission in private universities..

A friend of mine whose son wants to study medicine wishes he can secure admission in public uni rather than private even though he has that cash to pay for private.. Private universities are crowed with pple who couldn't really pass jamb with top cutof marks
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by saipn: 9:13am On Dec 31, 2017
TheUbermensch:

Lol. Load of horsecrap.

It's not a matter of money. It's a matter of values. Lol. Visit federal schools round the country and meet rich people. That is the only thing y'all private schools know. Money. So you believe it's because you have money that's the reason you attend a private uni? Or you and your guardians don't understand the worth or importance of qualitative education.

How about getting a degree that would have some worth. Some value. Finishing school and be able to speak to people with all sense of pride.

You finish from a private uni and come out with all shades of inferiority complex.
you are right
1)public universities graduate get more recognition than private universities because they made our country proud with different invention
2)public universities graduates are more employed than the private universities that is why you can't see public universities graduates roaming about searching for jobs because majority of them are gainfully employed.It is the private universities graduates that always feel depressed because of lack of jobs
3)A graduates of public universities can use his or her certificate to work anywhere in the world because it well recognized while private universities graduates can't do such
4)The standard of education in our public universities is very high with world facilities that can compete with IVY league universities in the western countries
5)The only universities that gain admission abroad for there postgraduate program is the public universities while private universities are always rejected.
With this few points I have mentioned you will agree with OP that public universities is the best

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by chalsixtus(m): 9:16am On Dec 31, 2017
ImaIma1:
Public University makes you more independent and develop your decision making. You make your decisions and deal with the consequences. No one is dictating to you on what to do.

I couldn't imagine attending a private university and not being able to leave school anytime,cook my own food,use a phone...

I won't put my kids in Private University. They can't be behaving like kids when they should be adults.

Thank you , May the good Lord keep blessing you. Education was meant to be holistic to ensure there's a balance in life
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by zakari247(m): 9:16am On Dec 31, 2017
DrayZee:

I had admission into FUTO. I rejected it and did an A Level programme in Uniport, then gained 200 level admission into Mechanical engineering. I still rejected it and went private.
And most private universities release their admission lists before public universities. By the time the public universities are admitting students, their counterparts in private universities would have even matriculated or started exams. So what are you saying?
Most of you don't even know what you're saying. You believe everything people tell you.
OK to settle this let's bring out students from each and let hit a debate but I know public will win. look bross public university produce brain boxes ooh. no tryam I tell abi na badkok or convent uni u wan take try Abu Ibadan or nsukka. abi na unimaid. look my guy shoes get size. the kind prof way public get private uni can't afford. it like comparing private uni to Oxford or MIT, na craz. boy it not about just money some gurru will rather volunteer to do research in public university to earn the glory and name which in turn educate the students from public university. privates do not get this privileges.
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 31, 2017
asdfjklhaha:
Here in Abakaliki there are no private universities embarassed

are you sure you dey Abakiliki. What about Evangel university?

Please I where in Abakiliki you stay
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 31, 2017
This is all trash,none of the private or public universities are better.Its all dependent on the individual himself.

I have completely given up hope that the current system of education in Nigeria would make me better.Whether public or private
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by adjoviomole(m): 9:22am On Dec 31, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
You that can afford it attend,nobody says you shouldn't attend it.And I can afford some of them(the one's that pays in thousands)I can't imagine paying millions to study in Nigeria, but it would be better I go to a public university in Nigeria or I go to a public or private university abroad simple it is clearly my opinion and not your's in a real sense some of their certificates cannot be compared with public universities.

Dey there dey whyne yourself. Is it not the same public school that produce graduates that can't defend their cert.

It's not by the school you went to, it's based on the individual..

Besides what's the primary aim of going to the university? To have fun abi!

Your brain is scratching you.
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 31, 2017
There is no basis for comparison actually. Both private and public education sector in in deep mess. Most state government own school are completely there just for the routine of admitting and producing I'll equipped, half backed graduates. The standard is falling swiftly in federal school, we aren't even sure how low it would go.

Privates are never a better alternative. Just imagine Bowen, Madonna, Babcock, WTF! Are those the privates schools we're talking here? God forbid! Covenant is the only private that has consistently shown signs of speedy progressive development. Others are simply a pack of mediocre. Now, it would be an unfair assessment CU as the only representive of private universitives. Others are just way behind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by AdaFonju: 9:31am On Dec 31, 2017
NigerianScholar:

Good for you
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by NigerianScholar: 9:31am On Dec 31, 2017
writerights:

You know Unilag didn't offer you admission. Please, accept my condolence. Persuade yourself all you can by saying you are ahead. Equally let the world know you're ahead just by the academic calendar and nothing more. How would you opt for that Seven Days Adventist school to face hell for four years and at the end, have nothing tangible to show for it? If you had written Covenant, I may have kept my cool but Babcock? You know you aren't enjoying that hellish experience right now.
I dont know why you re taking this personal. I just stated what happened. Some people can be argued with. But i cant argue with someone like you. It would be fruitless.
Have you attended babcock or you re just speaking from what you read online or what someone told you?

I am enjoying my life in babcock. And i have done a lot more than my unilag counterparts.

Please dont quote me
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 31, 2017
adjoviomole:

Dey there dey whyne yourself. Is it not the same public school that produce graduates that can't defend their cert.

It's not by the school you went to, it's based on the individual..

Besides what's the primary aim of going to the university? To have fun abi!

Your brain is scratching you.

You gerrit. Individual effort is very important. However, we can overrule the impact of one's school in the individual. You sure know there would be a huge difference between a graduate of Harvard Law and Unilag Law.
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by AdaFonju: 9:34am On Dec 31, 2017
360command:
Dirty smelly filthy public university with a decayed uni structure, myopic and sadist lecturer who just sit, do no research but collect bribes and drink bear or go to hotels to fvckkk runs girls.
Did you attend a public university or is your experience from nollywood and Idris songs
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by AlanTuringAI: 9:37am On Dec 31, 2017
repent4christ:
Public universities ko private university ni degree na degree depending on the individual. One can graduate from Oxford and still be a (nicompu).
Exactly. As evident in the likes of FFK who went to Cambridge, yet has a screwed brain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet The Youngest Medical Student In Ambrose Alli University Also A Nairalader. / Help Me To Congratulate My Brother For His Waec / Improving Low Gpa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.