Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University (47974 Views)

Is Adeleke University, Ede The Most Beautiful Private University In Nigeria? / Lecturer Stands On A Table To Invigilate During Exam In A Private University / Five Reasons Why You Shouldn't Attend A Public University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by arena07: 3:06pm On Dec 31, 2017
chalsixtus:

So which university did you finally attend ?
That same olosho aren't in your school all the same cultists aren't in your sch
Yes I went to University of Port Harcourt ! And I am proud of it , yes there are olosho and cultists in Uniport , but let me inform your myopic mind not everyone in public institutions are cultists and prostitutes
shut up from your write up someone can deduced the set of ppl in your school.keep hating on private universities grads that are getting jobs in naija why you are on the street searching for jobs or maybe underemployed......
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by chalsixtus(m): 3:13pm On Dec 31, 2017
arena07:
I have warned you to stop talking like tout you are only embarrassing your cultist school.what do you mean by guts? Yes Futa is one of the best university of technology in nigeria but I can't brag about any universities in Nigeria because they are below par in terms of international rating so why shouting like thug on Nairaland about uniport?those private universities graduates that is giving you headache,they have better jobs than you infact lots uniport graduates are the one I see on the
street of Lagos frustrated searching for jobs that is not there..

Its obvious you are a cultist hence cultism is the only way you can make sense, same way you can't brag about any public institution in Nigeria none of them will brag over a cultist like you !
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by chalsixtus(m): 3:15pm On Dec 31, 2017
arena07:
shut up from your write up someone can deduced the set of ppl in your school.keep hating on private universities grads that are getting jobs in naija why you are on the street searching for jobs or maybe underemployed......

Lol Oga I don't hate , I believe I have the right to share my own perspective on this matter and I won't jump down to your level to make you understand what you can't comprehend
See for your own good swerve !
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by DozieInc(m): 3:48pm On Dec 31, 2017
I would choose Babcock or Covenant university over any public uni in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by piagetskinner(m): 3:53pm On Dec 31, 2017
ur reasons are very watery

I expected to see some justified reasons.. but all u tyoed there according to that guy, is horsecrap. and I agree
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by DrayZee: 4:17pm On Dec 31, 2017
chalsixtus:
Please attach the name of your private university to your comment let's know how to direct the fireballs.

For una mind all private universities are equal ?
At the end the day you still run to my public university to run Masters
Those talking about dilapidated buildings you have myopic minds how about you visit these public institutions and see for yourselves

You think we don't know about the sorting bribery and sexual gratifications for grades that go on in private universities
These same private universities house drug addicts as students
Even a popular private university in the west weed and every other hard drugs are being abused
Keep deceiving yourselves
I rep University of Port Harcourt !
If you feel you worth your salt as a Private uni graduate bring it on .

Lol. You're just describing public universities.
I would've accepted your challenge, but you're from Uniport. I did my Alevel there. It's one of the public schools I respect.
Not all public schools are the same. Uniport no follow at all.
If it was a UST student that said this, then I would accept the challenge.
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 31, 2017
asdfjklhaha:

Evangel university is at okpoto not Abakaliki...I start around Nepa junction.

Oh that's cool. I am serving at ebonyi and I live at convent. I will like to get to know you better if you wish.
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:52pm On Dec 31, 2017
chalsixtus:

Don't mind that half baked private uni graduate , who couldn't pass his jamb
To them every public university graduate knows nothing I met a lot of them during service they don't know jack! Safe for being addicts to a drug or two
You know what I am talking about.
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by DrayZee: 4:53pm On Dec 31, 2017
dtribunal:
I had admission into FUTO. I rejected it and did an A Level programme in Uniport, then gained 200 level admission into Mechanical engineering. I still rejected it and went private.
And most private universities release their admission lists before public universities. By the time the public universities are admitting students, their counterparts in private universities would have even matriculated or started exams. So what are you saying?
Most of you don't even know what you're saying. You believe everything people tell you......BY DRAZEY

Plz which uniport A level programme gives u admission directly into 200 level...I schooled there never heard of such...did it start 2017...baba tell me because I still have a younger brother looking for such opportunity.

Education is different from schooling...curriculums are devised to guide and also restrict us...it doesn't matter where u get schooled... But it does matter how u get educated because education is driven by our own effort, our zeal and determination to learn.

All the shege our lecturers show us for public university ehhh....anyways it helped us forge our own path...

I've seen some really smart private university graduates..
But I still rep my public school!!!...private university dudes won't understand!!...lol
Dude, get the moniker correctly next time.
It's the Jupeb programme at Ashgrove Academy in Uniport. It started last year (2016).
Jupeb is also done in some other universities
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by DrayZee: 5:00pm On Dec 31, 2017
chalsixtus:

Unique alumnus !
Ofrima to the world !
grin grin grin grin grin grin Ofrimaaa!
Oh Lawd! This makes me wish I had chosen Uniport. I don't even know why.
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by arena07: 5:51pm On Dec 31, 2017
chalsixtus:

Lol Oga I don't hate , I believe I have the right to share my own perspective on this matter and I won't jump down to your level to make you understand what you can't comprehend
See for your own good swerve !
yes to have the right to share your own perspective but your comments reeks of hate and jealous of private universities grads or are you the one paying there tuition fees?if not you don't have the right to vent your frustration on them because they are not the one caused your unemployed situation...
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by yhormite: 6:14pm On Dec 31, 2017
All this nonsense thread must stop in 2017 oo most private Uni Graduates already have a job waiting for them and the rest who doesn't would have make a network of friends that will never allow them to be looking for job about this is Nigeria and the inequality is real and before Nairaland e goat descend on me am a Public University Graduate but I have to say the truth
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by chalsixtus(m): 6:17pm On Dec 31, 2017
arena07:
yes to have the right to share your own perspective but your comments reeks of hate and jealous of private universities grads or are you the one paying there tuition fees?if not you don't have the right to vent your frustration on them because they are not the one caused your unemployed situation...

Frog! Keep jumping into conclusion, I am not jealous of any Private uni graduate,I am Educated and for me I had the best and I made the best out of which I am ready to defend anytime,I didn't get educated to compete with just my coursemates and school mates alone , I got educated to compete with every educated person out there and I don't think I mentioned high fees here so watch what you are saying moreover public universities don't not house poor persons.
And do not forget I will a good job real soon
Now brace up and get off your low self esteem
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by chalsixtus(m): 6:18pm On Dec 31, 2017
DrayZee:

Dude, get the moniker correctly next time.
It's the Jupeb programme at Ashgrove Academy in Uniport. It started last year (2016).
Jupeb is also done in some other universities

Okay I know it !
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by chalsixtus(m): 6:20pm On Dec 31, 2017
DrayZee:

Too much goodies in ofrima
Stay blessed bro

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by arena07: 6:29pm On Dec 31, 2017
chalsixtus:

Frog! Keep jumping into conclusion, I am not jealous of any Private uni graduate,I am Educated and for me I had the best and I made the best out of which I am ready to defend anytime,I didn't get educated to compete with just my coursemates and school mates alone , I got educated to compete with every educated person out there and I don't think I mentioned high fees here so watch what you are saying moreover public universities don't not house poor persons.
And do not forget I will a good job real soon
Now brace up and get off your low self esteem
look at the gibberish you just spewed?it exposed your level of comprehension who asked you all this self appraisal? And do you think private grads care about all this epistle you just wrote?read your first comments on this thread and tell me if it doesn't reeks of hate and jealous...
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by petitejolie(f): 6:29pm On Dec 31, 2017
chalsixtus:

And who told you the said Aluu4 took place within the school environment ?
in a private uni ure within a confined space. but in a public uni ure on ur own. some of dis public uni don't even have hostels nd students tend to stay in evil hoods or hoods that lack safety. dey re prone to a lot. take example students of a uni in d west were males and females were forced to sleep with each other and d females being raped by d hoodlums themselves. u wud hardly ever hear DAT such happened to a private uni student. I repeat if ure financially blessed and you have a young chap, take him or her to a good private uni or better still go abroad.
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by chalsixtus(m): 6:42pm On Dec 31, 2017
petitejolie:

in a private uni ure within a confined space. but in a public uni ure on ur own. some of dis public uni don't even have hostels nd students tend to stay in evil hoods or hoods that lack safety. dey re prone to a lot. take example students of a uni in d west were males and females were forced to sleep with each other and d females being raped by d hoodlums themselves. u wud hardly ever hear DAT such happened to a private uni student. I repeat if ure financially blessed and you have a young chap, take him or her to a good private uni or better still go abroad.
That's why most of them turn weed and codeine addicts within that confined space.
I got your point
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by chalsixtus(m): 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2017
arena07:
look at the gibberish you just spewed?it exposed your level of comprehension who asked you all this self appraisal? And do you think private grads care about all this epistle you just wrote?read your first comments on this thread and tell me if it doesn't reeks of hate and jealous...

Deal with your low self esteem
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Hahjascho(m): 8:23pm On Dec 31, 2017
You people are the one that get people confused....

1. [i][/i]Reasons why you shouldn't attend PUBLIC UNIVERSITIES

2.[i][/i]Reasons why you shouldn't attend PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES..... seems I av to create my own university that will counterbalance the two grin
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Ifelove1(m): 8:28pm On Dec 31, 2017
Hmmm
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by introvertme: 11:45pm On Dec 31, 2017
writerights:

You can't spill BS on the cyberspace and refrain others from qouting you. No one is taking anything personal here. You've never studied at Unilag but you're convinced you've done a lot more than you counterparts in Unilag. Does that make sense to you?

Now, I've never been to Babcock but on this same forum, one of you colleagues wouldn't cease to bore us with epistles of injustice being melt upon you all and the way the management is being dubious with the NUC accreditation team by halting some bona-fide students from attending classes till after accreditation. The guy was pained and full of regrets. How unfortunate! I can help you with the source as soon as I return from church. I know it wouldn't change much either, you've got to defend your frail school.

Happy Sunday bro! Cheers.

please post the link to the post you're talking of
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by introvertme: 11:49pm On Dec 31, 2017
IkechukwuP:
Every thing written here is pure nonsense.....imagine justifying the nonchalance of of public lecturers....

The same public lecturers are the ones teaching in the private.

I know alot of crooks that got sacked from public and are currently "soaring high" in private universities grin

So don't make it look like private universities are littered with foreigners as lecturers
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by introvertme: 12:04am On Jan 01, 2018
HLion:
Well am a 100 level student in Afe Babalola University.. And I must say... I feel as if am in secondary school part 2 ...but the school has enough equipments for practicals though

Why?
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by asdfjklhaha(f): 1:13am On Jan 01, 2018
cowleg:

Oh that's cool. I am serving at ebonyi and I live at convent. I will like to get to know you better if you wish.
Nice to meet you
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Nobody: 1:30am On Jan 01, 2018
asdfjklhaha:

Nice to meet you

Yes NNE. I sent you a pm
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by asdfjklhaha(f): 1:36am On Jan 01, 2018
cowleg:

Yes NNE. I sent you a pm
I can't view my pms that's the problem I've been having with this pm of a thing
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by dtribunal: 1:46am On Jan 01, 2018
DrayZee:

This guy nah in u dey make mouth...u just gain admission recently...

So if u rejected uniport admission in 2016 or 2017 that means u should be in 100level or 200level..
Baba better face ur studies and stop saying bullshit..this debate is not for u..

You have earned no right in this debate...read comments and learn..
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by adjoviomole(m): 9:59am On Jan 01, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Did I tell you not to attend.And my going to a public university is not to play but to get good result and those good results are as a result of my dedication to my studies maybe others can't defend theirs but I can defend mine and besides how many private university students can defend theirs as well do you think it is easy for them to get a carryover after all the school fees they have paid,but in a public university if you don't study to show yourself approved go back and read again(carry over).And I agree with you when you say it is the individual that matters,my brain is not scratching me if it were I wouldn't be this intelligent.

Well I'm a student of a private university. Carry over plenty die as in die. I can defend my result too. So you assertions are baseless. anyone can go to any school they like, and you can choose to be serious in anyone be it private or public. What ever rocks your boat.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:36pm On Jan 01, 2018
adjoviomole:

Well I'm a student of a private university. Carry over plenty die as in die. I can defend my result too. So you assertions are baseless. anyone can go to any school they like, and you can choose to be serious in anyone be it private or public. What ever rocks your boat.
Na so dem dey talk, anyway good for you.
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 01, 2018
Timmmy:

I can send your grand parents who are illiterate to any most expensive school in Nigeria. Maggot

Kwakwakwakwkakwa he pain am well grin grin cheesy grin grin

Go send your flat.ino generations to school first and your maggot generations

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help Me To Congratulate My Brother For His Waec / Improving Low Gpa / Difference Between Successful And Unsuccessful People (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.