Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit (1715 Views)

Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / Oyedepo: I Count It A Demotion To Become A President Of A Nation / Oyedepo: I Count It A Demotion To Become A President Of A Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by odedele: 7:56am On Apr 07, 2010
– PRESIDENT of the Living Faith Church, Bishop David Oyedepo yesterday confirmed that he actually visited ailing President Umaru Yar’Adua at the Presidential Villa but declined to give details of the man’s state of health.

Bishop Oyedepo who spoke to reporters in Abeokuta, declined further comments on their visit to the ailing president merely saying “yes” when asked to confirm the reports in the newspapers.

Pressed to speak on the president’s health, he said “that is personal. I owe the public no explanation.”
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by jagunlabi(m): 8:57am On Apr 07, 2010
odedele:

– PRESIDENT of the Living Faith Church, Bishop David Oyedepo yesterday confirmed that he actually visited ailing President Umaru Yar’Adua at the Presidential Villa but declined to give details of the man’s state of health.

Bishop Oyedepo who spoke to reporters in Abeokuta, declined further comments on their visit to the ailing president merely saying “yes” when asked to confirm the reports in the newspapers.

Pressed to speak on the president’s health, he said “that is personal. I owe the public no explanation.”

This is a perfect proof that these socalled men of god do not give a damn about what ordinary people think or feel.They seem to hold allegiances to some other groups, but neither to their flocks nor to God.
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by yoursever: 9:01am On Apr 07, 2010
are we saying papa want to go into politics as well.
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by KunleOshob(m): 9:04am On Apr 07, 2010
When some of us say that this charlatan is not only a fraud but a man who has very little understanding of the gospel and the role of a christian leader his ignorant accolytes would start ranting opata here. I am not suprised any way that he was amongst the "christian leaders" chosen to go and visit Yar'adua after all it is a P.R stunt and they were just looking for known preachers they could could use. In so doing they have to select preachers of low integrity and morals who would do the bidding of the cabal which is to create the impression that Yar'adua is recovering. Given that Oyedepo is moral bankrupt and of no integrity he fits pefectly into the bill.

As a "christian leader" he ought to realise that he was invited to visit Yar'adua as a representaive of the christian community in Nigeria and not in his personal capacity. So for him to turn round and tell those he is suppose to represent that he doesn't owe anybody any explaination or that his visit was "personal" betrays him as a very irresponsible individual that is willing to be used by the cabal as a tool [probably for a fee] in their propaganda campaign in their desperate attempts to hold on to power. I wonder how much P.R he was given during the "visit".
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:16am On Apr 07, 2010
I cannot believe we are still on about a sick president and his ailing kidneys.

Why can we not move along and ignore all the insanity surrounding Yaradua, what has he done exactly that you feel you deserve to know how he is doing. It does not matter whether he is dead or alive we still have the likes of Theo Dan.J, IBB, OBJ, Atiku, Tinubu, and Co to ruin this country without Yaradua's help

Please pretty please leave a dead dog to rot grin
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by TCD: 9:43am On Apr 07, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

I cannot believe we are still on about a sick president and his ailing kidneys.

Why can we not move along and ignore all the insanity surrounding Yaradua, what has he done exactly that you feel you deserve to know how he is doing. It does not matter whether he is dead or alive we still have the likes of Theo Dan.J, IBB, OBJ, Atiku, Tinubu, and Co to ruin this country without Yaradua's help

Please pretty please leave a dead dog to rot grin
He's our president' saddled with the responsibility of administrating our Nation. Doesnt that give us enough right?
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by TCD: 9:50am On Apr 07, 2010
KunleOshob:

When some of us say that this charlatan is not only a fraud but a man who has very little understanding of the gospel and the role of a christian leader his ignorant accolytes would start ranting opata here. I am not suprised any way that he was amongst the "christian leaders" chosen to go and visit Yar'adua after all it is a P.R stunt and they were just looking for known preachers they could could use. In so doing they have to select preachers of low integrity and morals who would do the bidding of the cabal which is to create the impression that Yar'adua is recovering. Given that Oyedepo is moral bankrupt and of no integrity he fits pefectly into the bill.

As a "christian leader" he ought to realise that he was invited to visit Yar'adua as a representaive of the christian community in Nigeria and not in his personal capacity. So for him to turn round and tell those he is suppose to represent that he doesn't owe anybody any explaination or that his visit was "personal" betrays him as a very irresponsible individual that is willing to be used by the cabal as a tool [probably for a fee] in their propaganda campaign in their desperate attempts to hold on to power. I wonder how much P.R he was given during the "visit".
I totally agree with you and say i'm disappointed in Oyedepo. Is this what our christianity has descended to? The so called servants of God dancing to the will of the opressors at the disadvantage of the common man who they as shepherds should stand up for.

The Apostles would really be ashamed.
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by spicyhoney(f): 11:49am On Apr 07, 2010
KunleOshob:

Do u have personal beef with the the Bishop? May God forgive ur ignorance and choice of words,
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 07, 2010
and here i was wondering why someone on this forum call him Oledepo
Awon oni je kuje oshi
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by Jackie26: 12:16pm On Apr 07, 2010
naijababe:

and here i was wondering why someone on this forum call him Oledepo
Awon oni je kuje oshi

And what has he ever stolen from anyone? NOTHING!!  But I don't expect the children in the devil's territory to agree; they are only speaking the lies he teaches them. Come out all of you from his hold before he destroys you completely.
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 07, 2010
And what has he ever stolen from anyone? NOTHING!! But I don't expect the children in the devil's territory to agree; they are only speaking the lies he teaches them. Come out all of you from his hold before he destroys you completely.

He has stolen my right to know the true state of my president, he must have known that his visit will elicit questions and if he was not prepared to answer them he should have stayed in Ota and continue to pray there.
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by Jackie26: 12:44pm On Apr 07, 2010
naijababe:

He has stolen my right to know the true state of my president, he must have known that his visit will elicit questions and if he was not prepared to answer them he should have stayed in Ota and continue to pray there.

He did not go there to come back and report to you or anyone, he went there to pray for the president. It is up to the president to let Nigerians know the state of his health.
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 07, 2010
He did not go there to come back and report to you or anyone, he went there to pray for the president. [b]It is up to the president to let Nigerians know the state of his health[b].
We'll have a meaningful chat when u come out of cuckoo land
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by nopuqeater: 12:55pm On Apr 07, 2010
If Yar'adua is allowing Christians to say in the name of Jesus on him, knees on the floor in front of them, he is just like them. He should leave Islam, if he cant depend on his Creator, Alone.
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by simmy(m): 4:53pm On Apr 07, 2010
@ kunle oshob
i'm actually surprised at your words and immaturity. I'm neither for nor against Oyedepo. He should have realised that going to see Yar'adua will be politicised, however, after deciding to go n see the ailing president, i agree that he owes nobody an explanation. the situation of things is a lot more complex and fragile than it might seem on the surface
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by babuji(f): 5:20pm On Apr 07, 2010
Assuming Jesus were to be on earth and Yaradua requested him to pray for him,would Jesus have gone to pray for him since he (Yaradua) is a sinner and not deserving of any mercy and also knowing that the nation of Nigeria will strongly condemn him and cry "crucify him"!!!!

No I think Jesus would still have shown mercy to him and prayed for him. Jesus was a friend to tax collectors, what name was he not called by the public becos of that friendship.
He rescued the woman caught in adultery with enough witness, and said "he that is without sin should cast the first stone"

Lets take it easy, we have not heard the full story of what transpired to make judgemental statements. If Oyedepo had come out singing that Yaradua will soon be up and about to take over his office like the Imam did, then i will believe he went there for another agenda.
Instead he kept quiet.
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 07, 2010
Oledepo is a joke. He is one of the shepherds God was talking about in Ezekiel 34.
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by KunleOshob(m): 5:38pm On Apr 07, 2010
simmy:

@ kunle oshob
i'm actually surprised at your words and immaturity. I'm neither for nor against Oyedepo. He should have realised that going to see Yar'adua will be politicised, however, after deciding to go n see the ailing president, i agree that he owes nobody an explanation. the situation of things is a lot more complex and fragile than it might seem on the surface

Whilst you are entitled to your silly opinion i am entitled to mine as well and the fact still remains that Oyedepo was invited there as a "christian leader" and not in his personal capacity as Mr Oyedepo. As a responsible leader he ought to know he is responsible to the christian community in Nigeria which he is supposed to represent and he certainly owes them an explaination. As i said earlier the charlatan is just a business man and he is obviously in it for the money NOT christ who he he pretends to serve, so he would obviously do the bidding of anyone ready to pay for his services. In thiscase the cabal in Aso rock.
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 07, 2010
I have a contrary opinion. Their are ethics in every profession. hes not under any obligation to do so. Can a personal Doctor reveal confidential matters of his client without the permission of his client?
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 07, 2010
toba:

I have a contrary opinion. Their are ethics in every profession. hes not under any obligation to do so. Can a personal Doctor reveal confidential matters of his client without the permission of his client?

The analogy you gave is not suitable for this. Imagine if Paul went before King Agrippa and then told all the disciples to mind their business as this is a secret matter between him and the king of Rome?

Oyedepo shld remember that christians are supposed to be the LIGHT of Christ on earth. Would Christ be found walking in the counsel of the ungodly, standing in the way of sinners, or sitting in the seat of the scornful?
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by KunleOshob(m): 5:53pm On Apr 07, 2010
toba:

Besides Oyedepo did not go there as his personal "doctor" or personal pastor, he went there as a representative of the Nigerian christian community and if he has any sense of responsibilty at all he would realize he is acountable to them.
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 07, 2010
I dont think so. what i heard is that Bishop was no t part of the initial set up but due to logistics issues he was invited. As such the invitation must be personal. Even not personal i think non of them owes us any explanation since we didn't send them in the first place

KunleOshob:

Besides Oyedepo did not go there as his personal "doctor" or personal pastor, he went there as a representative of the Nigerian christian community and if he has any sense of responsibilty at all he would realize he is acountable to them.
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by Fhemmmy: 6:12pm On Apr 07, 2010
Ummmmm
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by simmy(m): 6:22pm On Apr 07, 2010
So Oyedepo doesnt have the right not to disclose information he chooses not to, just because he is a xtian leader?
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by Fhemmmy: 6:40pm On Apr 07, 2010
^^^ I tire oh.
Yes, we would love to hear something, but them, if he chose not to talk, it is his mouth and could chose what is best for him.
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by noetic16(m): 7:43pm On Apr 07, 2010
I am surprised Tudor is not yet on this thread to discuss his uncle oyedepo grin

@Post.

I am surprised a lot of people are disappointed in oyedepo's inactions.
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by Fhemmmy: 7:51pm On Apr 07, 2010
noetic16:

I am surprised Tudor is not yet on this thread to discuss his uncle oyedepo grin

@Post.

That is cos most people just wanna know about Yaradua
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by Tudor6(f): 8:38pm On Apr 07, 2010
noetic16:

@Post.

Bro, truth is if I say i'm shocked or disappointed and bla bla then i'm a big fat liar.

I was with this guy for the better part of half a decade and know how he can be so tactless and shameful in a fit of anger. He prolly made that statement when he got angry at the journalists. A so called man of God who'll threaten to curse u when angry or would call you and your parents names in a fit of rage is who oyedepo is.

And I remember in proverbs where its stated a man controlled by anger is a fool. And some 'christians' still consider these bloke a wise man.
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by Tudor6(f): 8:44pm On Apr 07, 2010
simmy:

So Oyedepo doesnt have the right not to disclose information he chooses not to, just because he is a xtian leader?
Why doesnt he wanna tell d truth? What exactly is oyedepo afraid of? The bible says we should not fear those who can destroy the body but not the soul but fear he who can destroy both. Why is papa afraid?
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by manmustwac(m): 8:50pm On Apr 07, 2010
The statement that Oyedepo made just shows his arrogance and proves that he dosen't give a damn about the average nigerian. I mean how a man of god visit our ailing president and say ''i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit'' So what was the purpose of the visit since he dosen't want the common man to know?
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by Fhemmmy: 9:06pm On Apr 07, 2010
manmustwac:

The statement that Oyedepo made just shows his arrogance and proves that he dosen't give a damn about the average nigerian. I mean how a man of god visit our ailing president and say ''i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit'' So what was the purpose of the visit since he dosen't want the common man to know?

You mean anything he does now, he has to talk about it?
Re: Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 07, 2010
I maintain my stance that the Bishop is not under any obligation to give anyone any explanation on this subject,neither does the islamic cleric.
The islamic cleric said 'we were sent by our people(islamic leaders) to go see&pray for mr president' with there statements, they are only obliged to report to their senders&not to me,goodluck,dora or anyone else on Nl. Same is applicable to the xtian leaders.They were invited by turai,we didnt send them. Lets send our own Nl delegation next wk. I will lead the team myself free of charge.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Open Letter To Pastor Chris By 'tosin Ayo (the Word Bank) / What's Your Church 2014 Motto/watchword. / 10 Types Of People You'll Meet In A Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.