Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

A Tale Of Two Lovebirds - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Tale Of Two Lovebirds (45013 Views)

The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / Two Lovebirds Lost Eachother( A True Life Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by Hislordship12(m): 2:28am On Mar 05, 2018
sorry for the delay but I promise next week it will be out
Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by skubido(m): 9:15pm On Mar 06, 2018
Hislordship12:
sorry for the delay but I promise next week it will be out

ok ooo
Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by Hislordship12(m): 1:55am On Mar 07, 2018
almost completing it
Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by Hislordship12(m): 12:12am On Mar 08, 2018
Chapter 12
Saturday night

“Okay so on Saturday Night Jane's parents will be out of town. I have a date on Saturday night and I will leave you two alone. MAKE A MOVE." Mercy had pulled me aside at school.

“What if it ruins everything? How do you know Saturday night is the time?" I questioned her.

“I have a good feeling. And I trust my intuition."

“Okay but I literally met you three days ago. How do I trust your intuition?"

“Because I told you I would help you. I stick to my promises no matter how crazy they are."

“Alright. But you have to help me. How do I do it?"

“You have to make sure it's the right exact moment. And trust me when it happens you'll know. The question is, how to get to that moment? Go somewhere special. Where you have memories. Look into her eyes. Her soul. You will know. SATURDAY NIGHT. Mark it down in your calendar because it will be your anniversary. April 21st."

“You better be right about this Mercy."

Alright so Saturday, April 21st. I am determined to make a move. And if she doesn't feel the same at least I'll know. I can stop pining over someone who doesn't like me. I just need to know.

Every time I'm with her or I think about her, I smile. I don't want to lose that either. But I have a feeling I won't. Even if she didn't like me.

I texted Goodness during 3rd period to tell him.

Me: GOODNESSSS

goodness: what

Me: I'm going to tell her

goodness : TELL JANE??

Me: yes

goodness: YES YES YES YEsssssssssssss

Me: ok ok calmmmmm

goodness: I'm not calm

Me: wonderful

goodness: WHEN

Me: Saturday night

goodness: isn't she grounded?

Me: her parents are out of town and her babysitter is freaking awesome

goodness: ooh yes get ittttttt

Me: goodness. No. Just no.

goodness: why?

Me: oh god stop

goodness: not until it happens

“What are you so happy about?" Catherine asked me. She sat next to me in 3rd period.

“If all goes right, I will tell you. I'll probably tell you if it goes wrong too. I'll have nothing to lose anymore. But you're just going to have to wait."

“Shedrack what the Bleep does that mean I'm fucking impatient."

“You'll see." I attempted to wink at her.

“SHEDII." She started shaking me. I also think she got the whole class's attention because they all stopped what they were writing and looked over at us. I just kept smiling a lot at her.

“Alright I'm going to guess. Are you going somewhere? Meeting a celebrity? Going ON A DATE?"

“Sort of."

“TO WHICH QUESTION?"

“The last one."

“WHOS THE LUCKY PERSON? DO I KNOW THEM?"

“You know them."

“IS SHE CUTE? Or he BUT EITHER WAY."

“she is adorable."

“HOLY SHIT I HAD NO IDEA I NEED DETAILS."

“I'll tell you after Saturday night." It was so fun being mysterious for once.

“SHEDII!!!" The entire class was staring.

TBC

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by skubido(m): 10:00am On Mar 08, 2018
Tanks 4d update. Jah bless
Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by itsandi(m): 4:53pm On Mar 08, 2018
Interesting update... Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by Chikelue2000(m): 9:57am On Mar 19, 2018
Divineroyalty:
there she is
Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by Hislordship12(m): 2:42am On Mar 22, 2018
Chikelue2000:
there she is
lol. ����
Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by Hislordship12(m): 12:58am On Mar 23, 2018
Chapter 13
[I dare you to kiss me]

“Truth or dare?" Jane asked me.

“Dare."

“Run into the plaza center screaming."
“AM DEAD."

“I'm the death of you remember?" She smiled at me. I just shook my head at her. I started running and screaming into the community center and she quietly followed me.

“WHAT IN THE NAME OF KARMA ARE YOU DOING??!"
We heard Ms. Essiet voice coming from the office.

“Sorry I got scared when I saw a strange person in your office. Oh wait. I'm so sorry that was you." I told her trying to hold in my laugh.

“LEAVE, THE PLAZA IS CLOSED!"

“It's actually open for another hour."

“No. Leave. Because I AM LEAVING TOO." She marched outside the plaza and got in her car and slammed the gas pedal.

“Great I'm going to be banned from here. Truth or dare?" I laughed with Jane.

"Truth." She answered.

“Have you ever thought about kissing someone in this neighborhood?"

“Yes."

“Who?"

“It's my turn. Truth or dare?"she said.

“Truth."

“Have you?"

“Yes." Obviously. Her. A lot. And I was going to. Tonight.

“Truth or dare?"I asked.

“Dare."
GIRL I WAS GOING TO ASK YOU WHO. ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

“Steal Ms. Essiet's stuffed unicorn that's on her desk."

“I'm sorry but how?"she asked.

“Don't question the dare." She rolled her eyes and ran to her office. She pulled a bobby pin out of her hair and began to try and pick the lock.

“IT WONT OPEN." She started pulling on the handle and hitting the door and the room lit up with a flashing red light.
“Shit." We both said and started running.

“YOU DIDN'T EVEN DO IT!"
Her laughter filled my ears with enjoyment as we ran away from the blaring alarm to the abandoned tree house.

“Well I'm soRRY that I'd rather run when we tripped the alarms and not get arrested, than steal Ms. Essiet's prized possession for a dARE!" Jane argued in between breaths.

“JUST SHUT UP AND CLIMB" I yelled laughing. We reached the ladder to our hiding spot in the forest behind our houses. I watched Jane climb up inside the tree house and offer me a hand. The wind carried her golden-like hair to where it shined in the moonlight. Her perfect teeth were showing with her big smile and it seemed like her hazel eyes never shined brighter than they are at this very moment.

“Shedrack! Are you coming any time soon or did your fear of climbing come back?" I rolled my eyes at her and began to climb. As I reached the top I grabbed her hand and she pulled me inside. “Alright your turn, truth or dare?" She asked.

“Dare" like usual my heart beat increased, scared that during this game my feelings would somehow be revealed but not returned.

“Hmm. I dare you to...take off your shirt and keep it off until the end of the game, and that includes if we have to run again or be in public." she smirked.

“Oh no how will I survive?" I said sarcastically and winked at her. I reached my shirt to unbutton it so a great idea surfaced. "I can't reach it, will you unbutton it for me?" I tried to hide my shaking behind my convincing smirk.

She glared at me but I saw a slight blush come across her cheek. I faced my button to her and her soft hands unbotton my shirt. Chills ran through my entire body as I felt her fingers which seems to send an explosion of goosebumps from my chest to my feet.

"There, happy?" Jane questioned.

“Nope. That dare was too easy, I'll actually do a hard one. Truth or dare?" I smiled.

“Dare...?" She looked unsure. But the look in her eyes were full of desire. We looked into each other's eyes for what felt like forever. The memories from when our story began flooded in my mind. All of the signs she liked me back. All of the things she told me. All of the cuddles. This is the moment. Finally, the right moment.

“I dare you to kiss me." She just stared at me for a good 30 seconds. She was shocked.

“I have to go." She climbed down the tree house and I tried to go after her. She started running.

“Jane?" She turned around and just stared at me as if I wasn't there. Then she took off again and disappeared into the trees.

TBC

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by Hislordship12(m): 12:35am On Mar 24, 2018
new update
Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by Mufahsa(m): 7:39pm On Mar 24, 2018
Nice One
Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by Chikelue2000(m): 3:43pm On Mar 30, 2018
Hislordship12:

lol. ����
she's laughing?
Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by Reggio: 6:07am On Mar 31, 2018
new update please. grin
Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by chidiogojessy(f): 8:06pm On Mar 31, 2018
patiently waiting o
Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by Hislordship12(m): 12:47am On Apr 02, 2018
Reggio:
new update please. grin
am on it but is gonna take a long while..
so just have a little patient please
Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by Hislordship12(m): 12:48am On Apr 02, 2018
chidiogojessy:
patiently waiting o
am on it but is gonna take a long while.. so just have a little patient please
Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by Hislordship12(m): 1:01am On Apr 14, 2018
Chapter 14
[Sick]

It's been a week since I've seen Jane. Or anyone really beside my mom. I don't know if I just fortunately happened to get sick this week or I feel this way because of Jane. I'm just glad it gave me an excuse to miss school all week and avoid her. Wow I'm so freaking clueless.

I grabbed my giant teddy bear, the one she got me, and just hugged it and stared out the window. It felt like time was going by so fast but yet frozen at the same time. I didn't understand. Jane probably isn't home from school yet. Thank god. I can't let her see me like this.

“Shedrack?" I looked up to find my mom in the doorway.

“Yes?" I softly answered to her.

“Honey please tell me what's wrong." She looked at me with sympathy and came to sit down next to me.

“Everything mom." I stuffed my head in my teddy bear.

“Please talk to me. I understand more than you think I do."

“I screwed everything up and now I just don't know what to do."

“What'd you screw up?"

“Jane. Our friendship. Our anything."

“Did you tell her?" I looked up at her and stared at her eyes, confused.

“Did you tell her you like her?" My mom asked me and my heart started racing.

“How'd you know?"

“You're my son. What mother would I be if I didn't notice the way he looks at the person he loves?"

“I don't love her." I looked back down into the teddy bears fake fur.

“Not yet. Something tells me it's not over." I looked back up at her again.

“Oh really? Did her walking away from me.

“what tells you it's not over mom!?" A tear came down my face and she wiped it away.

“I thought she liked me too mom. I really did. I was certain." I told her.

“Maybe she does".mum said.

“Maybe she doesn't."

“Don't be a pessimist."mum said.
"I'm not being a pessimist! I'm being realistic mom!"

“It's okay Shedrack. It's okay." She said and patted my back while I laid on her lap.

“But I don't feel okay."

“You will. Look you can't let what one person does or doesn't do ruin your life. There's billions of people out there, why let one thing one person said on one night make you forget that? You will feel okay. Maybe with her. Maybe without her. But you will be okay."

I looked up and outside my window to see hers. She was there now. Watching some show that we probably would've been watching together if I wasn't such an idiot. Or if she liked me.

The doorbell rang and I ran downstairs.

“Hi." Goodness said when I opened it. She had a balloon that said “get well soon", a yellow rose, and a card.

“Hello." I motioned her inside.

“We all got you something so you would feel better. Here." I took the card first and read through it. Jane didn't sign it.

“Why didn't she sign it?" I said trying not to cry.

“She hasn't been at school."

“Wait what?" I was shocked.

“Yeah she said she was going somewhere with her mom for a few days."

“But I just saw her in her room?"

“Maybe she just got back?"

“But I've seen her all-" I was interrupted.

“Okay well I'm sorry I have to go, I hope you feel better." Goodness told me and walked back outside.

TBC

2 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by Hislordship12(m): 1:03am On Apr 14, 2018
new update
Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by kally90(f): 4:10am On Apr 14, 2018
interesting,keep it up and keep it coming
Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 14, 2018
Hello. I design ebook covers for only one hundred naira ₦100. PM me or check my signature.

I will design your cover in 12 hours to 24 hours flat or it's free. Satisfaction guaranteed.

I can design covers for the following:
•Amazon
•Barnes and Noble
•Kobo
•Apple Store
•Draft2digital
•SmashWords
•Okadabooks
•Inkitt
•Blurb

Payment can be made through any of the following:
•Bank transfer.
•Airtime credit. VTU and pin
•Payoneer
•Skrill
•Neteller
•Perfect Money
•Bitcoin or any crypto currency of any kind.

If you would like to see my portfolio, check my signature. If you want to chat on Whatsapp: https:///2348027329239

You can also quote me.

1 Share

Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by WHOcarex: 5:58pm On Apr 14, 2018
On it
Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by Hislordship12(m): 12:58am On Apr 15, 2018
kally90:
interesting,keep it up and keep it coming
thanks bro
Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by Hislordship12(m): 12:59am On Apr 15, 2018
new update coming soon
Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by skubido(m): 6:11pm On Apr 15, 2018
Tanks a lot 4d update

God bless ur ministry baba
Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 15, 2018
Thanks for the update

Next episode please
Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 15, 2018
I love this
Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by Hislordship12(m): 12:57am On Apr 16, 2018
Pinkberry5:
I love this
awww thanks

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by Hislordship12(m): 12:57am On Apr 16, 2018
skubido:
Tanks a lot 4d update

God bless ur ministry baba
thanks so much

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by Hislordship12(m): 12:58am On Apr 16, 2018
daytim:
Thanks for the update

Next episode please
am on it
Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by Hislordship12(m): 12:59am On Apr 16, 2018
Chapter 15
[New girl]

My mom forced me to go to school today. It was definitely a fight to get out of bed this morning. But she's right, I can't miss more school. Jane got some other ride today I guess, and Goodness and I didn't really talk the whole ride.

The moment I got out of the car, I ditched Goodness and went to sit under a tree so I wouldn't have to look at Jane.

All I thought about during 1st period history was whether or not I should skip 2nd period math. It took all of my dignity not to skip.

The moment I sat down in math, Ms. Awana called me to her desk.

“Yes?" I asked her.

“You have been called to the office." Um. Okay? Am I in trouble? I grabbed my bag and walked out the door, bumping into Jane. We looked at each other for a moment and then proceeded walking separate ways.

“Hello, come sit." My guidance counselor told me when I walked in her office. There was a girl in the seat next to mine. Strange, I've never seen her before. She had golden hair like Jane.

“This is Promise." My guidance counselor, Ms. Charity, said.

“Hi." Promise said shyly to me.

“She's new here and you guys have the same schedule. I was hoping you'd show her to her classes and around the school." Ms. Charity said excitedly.

“Oh um okay." I said.

“Great! Alright goodbye ." We both got up and promise grabbed my arm.

“So um I'll take you to your class, which would be mine too. And at lunch I'll show you around school."

“Okay thanks." She smiled at me. "I didn't catch your name?"

“Shedrack but am used to being called Shedii."

“That's a pretty name."

“Thanks." I smiled back at her. I opened the door to class and told Ms. Awana about Promise.

She said she could have the empty seat next to me. As we sat down I instantly felt Jane's eyes on me. I turned and saw her glaring at me. Once our eyes met we turned back to the front of class.

Excuse me, but why are you glaring at me? I asked in my mind. Lol.

Every time I saw Jane today while showing Promise around, she just looked mad and upset.

Is she mad because of the dare? Or is it because I'm hanging out with someone else? It's not like I'm going to be around her right now. She doesn't have a right to be jealous.

When I got home I put on a big t-shirt and comfy shorts. I made ice cream and wrapped myself in my blanket. I started a new tv series this weekend and put that on and laid down.

My doorbell rang throughout the whole house and I ran downstairs to open the door.

Jane was standing outside.

“Shedii, I need to talk to you."

TBC
Re: A Tale Of Two Lovebirds by skubido(m): 9:10am On Apr 16, 2018
Tanks a lot 4 dis wan

Oya plz update mo c wetin she wants talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Very Best Of Fictions (novels) / Married Again By Blair01 / Check Out These 20 Funny Nigerian Proverbs, Adages And Sayings.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.