Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,708 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

"She Was Jealous Of My Fair Skin': Acid Attack Victim - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "She Was Jealous Of My Fair Skin': Acid Attack Victim (677 Views)

Freed Train Attack Victim Narrate Ordeal Says FG Not Responsible For His Freedom / Nigerian Boy Jailed For Carrying Out Acid Attack Robberies In London. Photos / "She Was Jealous Of My Fair Skin': Acid Attack Victim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"She Was Jealous Of My Fair Skin': Acid Attack Victim by dabeto: 6:05pm On Dec 31, 2017
Naomi Oni, 25, was attacked with acid by a close friend as she stepped off a bus
Attacker, Mary Konye, was jailed for 12 years after leaving Ms Oni scarred for life
It is believed Konye carried out the attack over Ms Oni's fairer skin complexion
She disguised herself in a niqab and followed her home from a shopping centre
Ms Oni has spoken out for the first time of how she felt betrayed after the attack
A woman who was scarred for life after having acid thrown in her face by a friend has spoken out for the first time about being 'betrayed'.

Naomi Oni suffered horrific burns and was nearly blinded by the attack when she was ambushed by a jealous friend as she stepped off a bus, just after Christmas in 2012.

The 25-year-old was attacked by Mary Konye — who disguised herself by wearing an Islamic niqab and followed her home from Westfield shopping centre, in Stratford, East London.

Now, five years on since horrific attack, courageous Ms Oni has spoken out for the first time of how it changed her life forever.

A new BBC3 documentary on acid attacks has revealed Konye sent sympathetic messages with Ms Oni immediately after the attack while police were still hunting the perpetrator.

She even attended a birthday party for the victim.

'I thought she was my friend and I couldn't understand why she did what she did,' Ms Oni tells the programme.
'To be betrayed - for someone to lead you to your own destruction - I was heartbroken.'

It comes amid a spate of acid attacks in the capital.

On Wednesday, a 26-year-old woman suffered life-changing burns to her face and leg when she was sprayed with acid while walking in East London.

No arrests have been made and the Metropolitan Police are reviewing CCTV images.

Ms Oni was so badly burned that she had to have facial reconstruction surgery twice.

Doctors had to use skin from her thighs to rebuild her face as well as skin from behind her ears to create new eyelids.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5224251/Acid-attack-victim-reveals-attacker-jealous-her.html
Re: "She Was Jealous Of My Fair Skin': Acid Attack Victim by BuhariNaWah: 6:06pm On Dec 31, 2017
Wicked world
Re: "She Was Jealous Of My Fair Skin': Acid Attack Victim by mikejj(m): 6:08pm On Dec 31, 2017
mehn make this world just end kai

1 Like

Re: "She Was Jealous Of My Fair Skin': Acid Attack Victim by erifeoluwasimi(f): 6:19pm On Dec 31, 2017
are you sure she was evena friend. Thank God she didmt kill you
Re: "She Was Jealous Of My Fair Skin': Acid Attack Victim by chidiebere2020(m): 6:30pm On Dec 31, 2017
Ok
Re: "She Was Jealous Of My Fair Skin': Acid Attack Victim by cassidy1996(m): 7:28pm On Dec 31, 2017
deadly women

(1) (Reply)

Brutality: See How Nigerian Army Officer Punishing Man Just For Answering Call A / God Told Me To Build A Church On Someone’s Land / Punishment For A Rape Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.