Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? (18664 Views)

Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving / What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? / Man Put Paper In Offering Envelope In Church With This Write Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 31, 2017
smiley
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Saintsquare(m): 9:53pm On Dec 31, 2017
Samogbo1:
Please, where is Nwamaikpe
Crossover at yaba left
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by samzzycash(m): 9:54pm On Dec 31, 2017
Honestly having a cross over night service at church makes no sense to me..whats the difference between this minute and the next it's just like every other night..
I am however opens to celebration and church service for the 1st of January.
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by allaboutobed(m): 9:54pm On Dec 31, 2017
It means nothing. It doesn't help anything
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by daveP(m): 9:56pm On Dec 31, 2017
opestein:
una see una lives?
nah. dont do that spacebokas sturv. thats my reaction@smiley
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Dindondin(m): 9:56pm On Dec 31, 2017
Brinebryne:
Hello everyone...
What does it actually mean to go to church with white candle sticks on crossover nights. Because I can still remember clearly when I was growing up back in the days, we'd see almost everybody going to church with white candle sticks on crossover nights and if you don't have, it'll be as if you came from another world entirely...
That was when I'd start looking for a white candle stick to buy and in a situation whereby I could not get any, I'd beg someone who had to share with. And so it was that few minutes to the screaming/mention of happy new year, some peeps have already lit up their candle sticks. They would hold their lighted candle sticks till they got home and put them somewhere around the house until it'd burn down completely...
Meanwhile, I didn't even know the reason behind it then o, but I've been following the trend... But I later stopped doing it since I don't know exactly what it means and ever since then, I've been pondering on what it actually means...

So anyone should please help with the meaning o... To know whether to buy tonight or not o... Thanks

Ask the Pastor or Prophet that instructed such.
The reason is gotten from spiritual direction from who instructs it. Sometimes the candle signifies light or brightness into the new year.
Meanwhile, I see thread derailers coming here to type rubbish and bash Pastors.
That nonsense must stop in 2017.
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Thebrightest(m): 9:56pm On Dec 31, 2017
opestein:
una see una lives?
Na you know. Lol
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by RSVP: 9:59pm On Dec 31, 2017
Dis one sef still beta nah.

A church beside my house asked all members to bring dollars as first offering for 2018.

Bros I first think say nah joke but as I see one aboki sitdon for church entrance dey change dollar true true na dat time my kidney scatter..

Mumu still dey dis country nobi lie.

1 Like

Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by bezimo(m): 10:03pm On Dec 31, 2017
Prv 20:27
The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.
It's just symbolic!!
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by KingsJohnson(m): 10:03pm On Dec 31, 2017
If you saved N1 a day starting January 1st 2017, by today December 31st 2017, you would have altogether saved $1. Wow! Buhari is really a man of his word. He has fulfilled his campaign promise of making N1 equal to $1 grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 31, 2017
Copying from cele people I suppose
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by tansho(m): 10:08pm On Dec 31, 2017
Is "crossover night" a Christian practice? Where is it in the bible?
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by 360command: 10:09pm On Dec 31, 2017
Same people doing cross over will be the same people showing no love on nigerians

1 Like

Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by tansho(m): 10:10pm On Dec 31, 2017
Is " crossover night" a Christian practice? Where is it in the bible?
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Origin(f): 10:10pm On Dec 31, 2017
I'm not sure new year has any religious reference...

It's just the passage of time.

The candle can be because of nepa grin or how cool it looks in a procession

2 Likes

Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by d33types: 10:12pm On Dec 31, 2017
jeeqaa7:
To renew your pledge of religious slavery ... Bunch of hypocrites!!!

Christians these days seek prosperity much more than they seek Jesus Christ.

Who do Nigerian Christians worship?

Like for God
Share for Money (celebrity GO's)

Stupidity runs in your your blood.AntiChrist head slammer

One minute you say Christians seek prosperity more, then the other minute,you narrow it to Nigerian Christians.
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by segebase(m): 10:15pm On Dec 31, 2017
jlkjpjo[p
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Etuagievin(m): 10:16pm On Dec 31, 2017
Another delusion from those fraudsters on suit. How does candle light lead one to a new year. We are always fast to introduce tradition into Christianity. Its not different from an idol worshipers
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by d33types: 10:16pm On Dec 31, 2017
tansho:
Is "crossover night" a Christian practice? Where is it in the bible?

Wearing your fine clothes clothes to church isn't in the bible as well, or even praying just before you leave church.

They are church doctrines which are positive and do not need to be in our bible before we do them.
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 31, 2017
Dindondin:
Ask the Pastor or Prophet that instructed such.
The reason is gotten from spiritual direction from who instructs it. Sometimes the candle signifies light or brightness into the new year.
Meanwhile, I see thread derailers coming here to type rubbish and bash Pastors.
That nonsense must stop in 2017.
nor be lie... it must stop
thanks anyways
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by ahamonyeka(m): 10:27pm On Dec 31, 2017
Same with neighbour going to this evening each of them holding a bunch of broom dropped it at their church return home again and later went back.kept wondering what it meant and ask a pastor that told me is an assignment.

What knd of assignment is that too?
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by ottohan: 10:32pm On Dec 31, 2017
KingsJohnson:
If you saved N1 a day starting January 1st 2017, by today December 31st 2017, you would have altogether saved $1. Wow! Buhari is really a man of his word. He has fulfilled his campaign promise of making N1 equal to $1 grin grin grin
Lol
This comment is funny loool

1 Like

Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by OyinO: 10:37pm On Dec 31, 2017
Just like many other Pagan festivals, rituals, practices and beliefs, Christianity stole it from African Traditional Religions and Spirituality.
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by DONFASZY(m): 10:38pm On Dec 31, 2017
Am holding 2 Candle followin wat I see?selling candle bfor u enter d Catholic church

Last post for d year 2017

Letme look for some1 to yab too

Api new year my people

Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Grabbeast: 10:41pm On Dec 31, 2017
Using candle to cross over to the new year

means that you are crossing over like the dead cross over to the underworld.
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by ruffDiamond: 10:48pm On Dec 31, 2017
it's bulls**gas usual..just forget it Nigerians and naijeriya is a failed experimental project people be going for one useless crossover whatever mumu program which only their thieving ,rogues pasta stand to again. meanwhile their hate,envy,jealousy,backbiting, pull-him-down syndrome,selfishness, gluttony, greed,indifference attitude, fornication, bigoted,idolatry,avarice,bad belle are. left back home lsughiy at their sorry hypocritical asses
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by ClitoPen: 10:55pm On Dec 31, 2017
AlanSugar:

Now I understand the reason why nepa no gree give light, imagine on a night like this, no light! Abi dem wan make we carry darkness enter the new year, will this then not affect the bright side of the new year? Choi, we aff suffer!
Lolzzz
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Eberex(m): 11:13pm On Dec 31, 2017
I guess Seun and other mods will not sleep today. Other normal days by 11pm you no go see any update for front page.

Abi na who dem to ban for 2017 dem dey look for ni
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:14pm On Dec 31, 2017
princetom1:
Dry dot com. This is what happens wen what u practice has no bearing in the Bible...

you have been MIA
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Nobody: 12:35am On Jan 01, 2018
Brinebryne:
Hello everyone...
What does it actually mean to go to church with white candle sticks on crossover nights. Because I can still remember clearly when I was growing up back in the days, we'd see almost everybody going to church with white candle sticks on crossover nights and if you don't have, it'll be as if you came from another world entirely...
That was when I'd start looking for a white candle stick to buy and in a situation whereby I could not get any, I'd beg someone who had to share with. And so it was that few minutes to the screaming/mention of happy new year, some peeps have already lit up their candle sticks. They would hold their lighted candle sticks till they got home and put them somewhere around the house until it'd burn down completely...
Meanwhile, I didn't even know the reason behind it then o, but I've been following the trend... But I later stopped doing it since I don't know exactly what it means and ever since then, I've been pondering on what it actually means...

So anyone should please help with the meaning o... To know whether to buy tonight or not o... Thanks

na job ...pastor sharp guy men
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by billyG(m): 1:47am On Jan 01, 2018
And no sheeple ask dia pastors cry cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Looking For Rev. Fr. Mbaka's Contact. / Nigeria Needs Urgent Spiritual Help – Adeboye / How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.